[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do you really need to move out of your parents place to grow as a person?
>>
this guy is bringing home the bacon and paying towards his mother's financial security AND spending time / taking care of her and she wants to kick him out?

american """culture""" is fucking retarded
>>
>>59335852
>american """culture""" is fucking retarded
Anon a culture valuing the development of your child as an adult over the benefits his staying at home has for you is a good thing. Literally that's one of the key things a culture should promote
>>
boomers unironically thing that struggle for the sake of struggling is a virtue and its fucking retarded. saving money in your 20s by living with your parents and then using the savings to be able to afford a house or something is a great investment.
>>
>>59335765
Yes dude move out
>>
>>59335852
Yeah, I agree with >>59335884
Because in the end, it endorses the child's freedom. Living with your parents forever is incredibly obstructing to your life and life goals, since you will probably conflict with your parents on ideas on how you go about things. The mother is introducing a healthy concept for growth.
>>
>>59335887
There is more to life than money retard its not about muh struggle you need to develop independence and stop masturbating with your mother in the next room
>>
>>59335765
Damn whites are bizarre
>>
>tfw wouldn't mind moving out
>rent/mortgage is expensive as fuck, tho
I don't want to end up watching every coin and praying that I don't lose the job.
>>
>>59335962
Not to mention we might have a chance to kick out my brother and claim a floor for myself if I find a girlfriend.
>>
>>59335765
Yeah, comes a certain time when you become an annoyance and your dad just glares at you, that's the signal that it's time to pack your shit up and leave
>>
>>59336010
Then your dad comes begging for you to take care of him in old age. I’ve seen it happen plenty of times and those type of parents get kicked to the nursing home.
>>
>>59335937
Imagine thinking owning a house with minimal to no debt is about money and not about the stability and independence that brings.
>>
Unironically wish I could have lived at home for a year or two after undergrad. Would have saved a shitload.
>>
>>59335937
yes jerking off alone in a 600 sq ft apartment that youre shilling 800$ a month for is clearly the superior option
>>
>>59335765
In the age of 'rona I'm glad I'm still at home, not ideal but at least I won't get evicted because the state decided it didn't want me to work anymore
>>
>>59335765
>>59335765
(((landlord))) LIE
>>
>tfw 29 still live at home
I pay them a large amount of money in rent and I cannot stand living with them, yet I make no effort to leave. I am a complete loser with a terrible job, no friends, and I'm a kissless virgin. I guess the reason I still live with them is just because I am completely ashamed of my life, and having to live with roommates who are adults and see what normal people are like while I have gone absolutely nowhere is too much for me to bear. It was bad enough when I was in college living with people and seeing them have normal lives while I wasted away.

I just don't care about life any more. I pray to die in my sleep every night to rid themselves of the burden of my life.
>>
File: 1608766070516.jpg (5 KB, 250x245)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>59335765
>tfw 32 and still living with my parents
>>
>>59335887
>>59335884
>>59335852
it’s a little different because his mom is doing a lot to set him up for success when he does move out, rather than just kicking him out the door on his 21st birthday with nothing more than a halfhearted ‘good luck kiddo’. really what she should do is sit down with him and talk about him buying a property in the next few years, instead of giving him the ultimatum for an arbitrary age - less uncomfortable for her and puts him more on the right track, especially if he avoids renting
and yes, to answer your question OP you do need to move out of home to grow as a person; you’ll never fully learn household management and financial responsibility if you live with your parents (unless they’re disabled or something). it can also be awkward for you socially; hard to take a girl back to your place if your folks are around, bit weird to host people for drinks or dinner. you also might just not grow up until you do; sounds like this dude is a responsible adult, but plenty of people who live with their parents til 30 are still the same person they were at 25 and 21. change stimulates growth, we need change and growth in our personal lives
in today’s world I would say 25-30 is when you should be looking at moving out from a healthy household, purely because financially it will start to make sense around then.
>>
>>59336058
On what dream planet are there $800 600sqft apartments?
>>
>>59336028
Well he set up a job for me in another town, also it's for the best since he had a tendency to casually drop racist jokes and slurs, which didn't make a good impression on friends/girls that came over
>>
>still live with mommy and daddy in late 20s
>take subway to work every day
>see some qt grils who always get on/off at my stop
>contemplate talking to them
>realize the shame and humiliation of them knowing I live with my parents is too much to overcome
Maybe some day I'll stop being a virgin. Doubt it though.
>>
>>59335765
Yes for the vast majority of human history nobody "grew as a person"
>>
>>59336087
Your life is a consequence of you living with your parents. You can not imagine the sheer possibilities and ways of life you yet have to experience. Just imagine, behind the doors of your comfy home lies a road with the most stunning and utterly beautiful experiences. Life is much more than wageslaving to 65 and then living off wellfare. Just remember, it's never to late to change as a human beeing and we are all gonna make it bro.
>>
>>59336122
in literally every city in the world
>>
>>59336265
They did without the ""s tho
>>
>>59336232
how late 20s anon?
after 28 most agree it becomes embarrassing
but before that age most likely wouldnt care
>>
>>59335765
Kind of. Not necessarily. You can have really good parents that challenge you and put you in situations so that you grow. But part of growing up is being on ones own without the parental guide or influence.

I think most people living with their parents are being hindered by it and stagnates and they should move on their own and limit contact a little. Its healthy.
>>
>>59336276
It's not a consequence of living with my parents. For 4 years when I was in college I lived on my own, in a dorm then 3 years of living in an apartment with people. Even in college I was a social pariah. I would be a loser whether I live with my parents or not. The only difference is that at least living with my parents, I'm not having to be living with another person/people and seeing normal people who have good jobs, have a significant other, are living completely normal lives while I sit there wasting away.

I remember how miserable college was, how roommates would invite people over and I would either get pity invited or just hide in my room pretending I wasn't there
>>
>>59336122
My first apt was a 599sqft hole with underground parking for $625 in Milwaukee, WI. This was in 2012. My gf at the time was a 650sqft 1BR with underground parking for $775.
>>
How the fuck do you all have a choice? I'm trying to find something affordable since 2018.
>>
>>59336189
ooof aren’t you a little winged fairy faggot
>>
>>59335765
No idea. Still live with them at 25.
Thinking about moving out and all the related things I'd had to do for it just gives me a headache.
>>
>>59336451
Well no shit it's cheap in Somalia.
>>
>>59336474
Same.
Probably a fuckton of paperwork, having to make sure if the apartment isn't shit, have a lot of money... I like to save up my money.
Fuck that noise
>>
>>59336122
I have a 800sq apartment and I pay $840 a month for it
>>
>>59335852
This is mental illness or a Chinese bot set to cause strife and pin people against each other in an large scale operation of getting everyone everywhere on western social media to fight against each other over bullshit. Either way ignore.
>>
>>59335765
If her son works and pays his way, I don't see the problem of living with her. There's nothing independent about paying rent to live alone, especially when the cost of housing is insanely overpriced. Oh yes I feel so independent paying Mr. Landlord half my paycheck to live in a crappy little apartment that takes a month or two to get anything fixed.
>>
Always found it interesting how it's mainly white people who view living with your parents later on as a mark of shame and humiliation, but then it's these same white people who end up throwing their parents in a nursing home and never visiting later in life. Meanwhile, Asian and other families have much better relationships living together.

Also I have this kind of funny related juxtaposition at my work. There's this guy who was born in Korea but adopted to a white family when he was a newborn so he's lived his entire life in a white family. He also believes the whole "move out ASAP" thing that white people believe, and would tease this weirdo Filipino guy we worked with for still living at home in his early 30s. Meanwhile the Korean guy talks about how he has no money and lives paycheck to paycheck, yet still has too much pride or whatever to live with his parents even for a year despite the fact he sounds like he basically lives like a hermit NEET when not at work. Even funnier because we live in one of the most expensive areas of the country and he still does this.
>>
>>59336087
>I guess the reason I still live with them is just because I am completely ashamed of my life, and having to live with roommates who are adults and see what normal people are like while I have gone absolutely nowhere is too much for me to bear.
Bro, you need to quit being a fucking pussy. That thing you just mentioned is EXACTLY what you need to do. Once you do that is when you will develop and get what you need in your life. You'll see that you are just like all the other 29 year old's, and you'll finally accept your self when you are just another dude in his late 30's. It will also be positively influenced by them and get some friends and some good times.
>>
>>59335852
I think the culture of people kicking their kids out right at 18 is a bit much, but living at home definitely hinders your growth as a person. Mid-20s like the example seems like a pretty good balance.
>>
I'm 23 and live at home and it's absolute torture. I'm praying I can get a job as soon as I finish my master's degree and move in with one of my boys so we can live cheap or some shit
>>
>>59335765
Depends. My parents asked me to do stuff everyday that ate into my free time and personal growth. Not that I hated helping them, it was only fair for keeping a roof over me and a giving me warm food everyday, but I had to move out.
I feel slightly guilty cause I think they wanted me back more than I wanted them in the end.
>>
>>59336093
Same. I know I'm overdue, but ((they)) really want you do be financially crippled and pay overpriced rent
>>
>>59336490
Sorry bro, I didn't get to pick where I grew up
>>
People in the West voluntarily choose to live month to month paycheck to paycheck to avoid living at home. They could likely live at home for one year, create a nice amount of savings, and use it as a buffer to not have to live at home again, but refuse to.
>>
imagine hating your children so much that you abandon them to a life of servitude. imagine having such distaste for your own offspring that you charge them rent to live in the house they were born in. imagine being so demented you think this is normal, healthy behavior. if you can imagine this, you are on your way to understanding the boomer, adult children so jealous of their own offspring's youth that they actively work to quash all enjoyment from it.
>>
>>59335852
Amazing you can deduce he is "taking care of her" from this story

Up your meds, schizoid
>>
No. You need to inherit your parents assets.
>>
File: 1595612311616.jpg (45 KB, 355x495)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>live with mom
>thought of moving out
>forgot we work on our company together
>>
>>59336834
Dumb Jew
>>
>>59336869
Not an argument, gook
>>
>>59336453
Weird right? It's like people don't realize the economic horseshit we're in. Try finding a decent place on the east coast, balance that with student loans, since a vast majority of people were told to go to school. Follow by trying to save up in an expensive ass area. You can argue, just move, but most of the time the job is tied to that area specifically, or your degree only fits around those cities or states, STEM
>>
>>59336867
Is your "company" buying bulk cleaning supplies from Costco/Sam's Club and reselling them on facebook marketplace?
>>
>>59336093
>>59336707
>I'm a loser to fight the system, man, yeah, that;'s it
>>
>>59336884
Gas yourself Jew
>>
File: thischud.jpg (114 KB, 1300x866)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>59336189
you will never be half the man your father is, faggot
>>
>>59336424
why do you think this is anon? when did this start? I mean to say, surely your social anxiety didn't just appear in college.
>>
>>59336598
I am nothing like other 29 year olds. Other 29 year old guys are completely normal. I am a complete outcast and a pariah. And I would probably have to be roommates with people younger than me because pretty much all late 20s guys will already be living with a girlfriend or have their own house. Living on my own in college didn't help me get any girls, it didn't help me get any friends, because I've always been an autistic loser.
>>
>>59336993
Boomers aren’t men

Boomers ruined this world

Jew
>>
File: 1565961455926.jpg (306 KB, 677x445)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>59335765
>almost 25
I gotta move out
and I am such a failure is what I say to myself everyday
>>
>>59336579
this, but it's mainly "white" people. Had a coworker tell me how he was kicked out at the age of 18 and had to figure out where to sleep during summer for college, etc. While the Italians still lived with their parents and also helped the financial burdens their parents had. They got called worthless, and yet these people are on the struggle bus with their payments.
>>
>>59336869
>>59336990
>>59337047
>I'm a leech on society, yeah
>I like my bing bing yahoo, yeah
>it's the Jews fault I won't grow up
>>
>>59335852
America has no culture. It is an economic zone.

All it's ""culture"" is in service to enslaving the proles to a financial system that hates them.
>>
>>59337089
We’re destroying your slave system Jew
>>
>>59336465
I don't give a shit about it, I just don't want him ranting about muslims and the state of europe to every person I bring home
I swear to god he can literally spend hours talking in a monologue
>>
File: asuka.png (488 KB, 780x585)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
>>59337027

This. I'm 25 with 23k saved up now living with parents.

I could move out and manage but why? I'll still be ugly short and physically undesirable despite benching 3 plates. I might as well save money while I can instead of chasing an unachievable bachelor meme lifestyle
>>
>>59336990
Eat lead zipperhead; EXEC sp_MSforeachtable @command1 = "DROP TABLE ?"
>>
>>59337105
Gas yourself when you read this later on Jew
>>
>>59337016
It was all just a snowball effect for me. I think when I started HS my personality became bad so I lost my friends, so I became isolated, which made me worse, more cynical, more jaded, more miserable, which further repelled people from me, so I ended up not developing social skills. This carried over into college since I had no social skills. Then it carried over post-college as well because I didn't have any social foundation. Add on the utter shame and humiliation I have about my pathetic life that I don't want to even expose to anyone, that's how I ended up like this.
>>
>>59336122
Places that aren't that rat pit NYC or San Francisco
>>
>>59336352
Heh.
>>
>>59336598
Lmao is this is what you say here but in reality you would run away from him because you would think he is a serial killer or a creep. I’m 27 khv and I will probably kill myself by time I’m 30. Normal people have experiences and I have nothing. The reasons are too long to write but who cares anyway.
>>
>>59337103
Don’t move out. Inherit your parents house and don’t become enslaved by the Jewish debt system.
>>
>>59337103
I have 150k USD in the bank at 29. It is meaningless to me, I don't even care about it. I pay $1,000 a month in rent to my parents that covers rent, utilities, food, etc, and in a way is also to pay back the money they wasted raising me. Obviously $1,000 is a ridiculous amount, but that have it there as a reason to make me leave.

Obviously I could move out no problem. Even though my job pays shit I have basically no expenses because I don't drive a car and just get around on a bicycle and ridesharing or the subway if I need it. It's just the shame and humiliation of people seeing my pathetic lifestyle that has stopped me.
>>
>>59336973

t. Banker or landlord
>>
>>59335765
Moved out at 20 and it was a pretty nice change of pace. I like managing my own time and taking care of things myself, and if you live by yourself you are forced to take full responsibility for everything you do and I think that is a pretty important step in maturing and becoming an adult. Thanks for reading my blog post.
>>
>>59337183
>>59337206

My parents don't even own property they fucked up their financial management badly so it's fitting they raised a 25 year old KHV I guess

Even if I could find a gf who wouldn't mind a guy who lives with parents I could never bring her home, my dad is a walking clown embarassment. I'm more ashamed of my family than myself and that says a lot because I hate my own life like >>59337206 does

I'm likely just gonna buy this house in a couple years and I'll be in the same situation but my parents will live with ME kek
>>
>>59335765
I lived with mommy till I was 25, I don't give a shit. I own a home now. Imagine moving out as early as possible for """independence""" and failing to build any kind of domain for yourself.

>>59337206
I really hope you're investing and it isn't just sitting in an actual bank doing nothing.
>>
>>59336831
basically this.
>>
>>59337124
This nigga is a literal bot
>>
>>59336831
Charging your offspring rent and putting all of that money into a savings account without their knowledge is one of the best parenting tactics in existence. You teach them how to manage their own money and future, while actively building their future.
that being said asking your adult child to pay some utilities and food expenses is completely reasonable
>>
Don’t fall for Jewish debt slavery
>>
>>59337133
This is me at 19, i wanna fucking die AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>59337325
i can see why people move out early but i find it pointless cos most of em end up in lots of debt
>>
>>59337254
>>59337097
My family owns half the property in our city and you will pay your rent
t. Presbyterian
>>
>>59337268
The only thing my parents did well was financially. Father is wealthy I guess, has a million or two now after a life of investing, and my mother makes good money as well. Unfortunately, that was about all they did that was good in raising me. They cared about their jobs and money more than me, and their shitty personalities rubbed off on me, especially my father's, and I feel it was the main reason I ended up a complete loser. They kinda deserve having a loser as a son. I have no idea if they're even gonna leave me money or house because my father is ashamed of me as he should be, but I can't stand him anyway.

>>59337423
19 is about when I started giving up on life, when I finished my freshman year of college and was still a basically friendless KHV. That's when the real snowball effect started, when it started affecting my studies and led to me not even getting a good job.
>>
File: this.jpg (87 KB, 720x540)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>59337133
the fact that you're aware of the situation is reason enough to believe you can get out of it. Stop being such a sad sack. It'd be one thing to be blissfully ignorant but you have the communicative skills to express what you believe is wrong, meaning you know what can be made right.

it can get better, but just like most everything in life, you get out what you put in. no diminishing returns either.
>>
>>59337473
fuck this, no offence anon but i dont wanna become like you. rn cos of covid i cant do much other than focus on my weight but im gonna try push myself cos i dont wanna be a friendless khhv past 21

you should think of doing the same
>>
File: 1605816497945.png (477 KB, 819x706)
477 KB
477 KB PNG
I got a full ride to my state college, graduating this semester with an engineering degree, got a job offer already at a big name tech company w/ a location in Tampa.

Success and growth is based all on how good your parents are to you. I know friends who got kicked out when they turned 18, I'm lucky and thankful I have dope parents who supported me through school and helped me succeed. I'm sure if I asked they would let me stay at home while pandemic shit is still going on, but I would be super fucking embarrassed to be home still when I have a full time job. It's a good idea to stay home with parents as long as you can from a financial viewpoint, but I think life really begins once you start living on your own and start having to pay bills, keep the house clean, etc etc.
>>
>>59337676
>full ride scholarship despite parents being financially secure
>smart enough to get engineering degree and work lucrative job in big tech
Fellas, what's it like having a life as easy as this, knowing that at 22 you're set for life?
>>
>>59335765
Not really, here in Balkans, people often live with their parents to their 30th year or even later. We manage just fine in other aspects of life.
>>
>>59335765
The mom is fucking retarded and will ruin her son. He’s currently saving and growing his nest egg. If he moves out he will be unable to save and forever poor, and this will continue into the future generations. If she lets him stay he’ll probably have saved up to 60k by the time he’s 30, and may even have more if he makes advancements at work all while not having to worry about burning his cash on rent.
>>
>>59337563
Obviously you shouldn't want to live like this. Good luck, hope you can prevent the snowball effect I ended up having
>>
>>59335937
Faggot opinions like this are why boomers need to just die off
>>
>>59336189
Your dad is based and you should kick any bitch who doesn't think so to the curb.
>>
>>59335852
Yes its the American way. Circumcision at birth and schlomos debt slave at 18 until your 50s / 60s. It's also why migrants are much more successful in USA than Americans. They know the importance of having a strong family to get by. It's also like this in many European countries. Americans have not a shred of empathy for each other and judge others solely on their wealth. People with less deserve to be treated like trash regardless of circumstances. Part of the reason I hate American tourists.
>>
>>59336490
learn to read and take your meds
>>
>>59335887
It is a virtue. Boomers just don't realise that pretty much every millennial is struggling, whether they live at home or not.
>>
>>59335765
Christ, I'm trying to move out. I live in Southern Ontario and the last 6 houses I went to look at went roughly 140k over asking. I can't afford this shit on a single income.
>>
>>59337742
Okay but you really should try something similar anon, it's never too late to make the change though it may feel like it. ygmi
>>
>>59337676
did you live at home during uni? I do and i'm not sure whether i should regret it or not. I may do my second year of my course at a different uni to live on my own but idk if it's worth it
>>
>>59335765
>He pays $300 a month, which I put in a savings account
how do you put 300 a month in a savings account? did she meant the share of money he pays in his parent's home since he's a grown adult? you can't store money meant to pay the bills. that was worded terribly
>>
>>59337966
It made perfect sense. He believes he is paying rent, but she, as the landlord, is taking the money and putting it into a savings account for him.
is English your second language
>>
>>59337103
I just realized this was a /fit/ thread and not a /biz/ one.

Yeah bro I'm in your exact same situation.
>>
File: 1599605279617.jpg (134 KB, 720x720)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>59336867
>work on our company together
what did he mean by this
>>
>>59335765
>Paying rent to your parents
>Receiving rent from your kids
Jewish culture, imagine thinking its ok to transform family relationships to client ones. Yeah goy pay up mr. Shekelstein wants your money in his bank.
>>
>>59338138
Yeah, helping out around the house you live in is jewish, idiot.
>>
>>59336451
So the middle of nowhere. Okay.
>>
>>59338146
Pay up goy rent is due tomorrow you need to be a good boy or you are homeless, sorry bro tough jew world, get a loan to pay... your parents.
>>
>>59337095
America's #1 export is culture
>>
>>59338172
Or a job. Do you not realize that people work for money regularly. Can you not comprehend that being a NEET is not a common thing? Do you not want to support your parents?
Fucking degenerate 4channers saying that pulling your weight is jewish.
>>
>>59337095
Thank fuck someone said it

>>59338179
Jump off a cliff immediately
>>
>>59338213
It depends what you mean by 'rent'. Paying for your own food and your share of bills is fine, paying to simply live in the house is questionable.
>>
>>59338213
Fuck off retard with your projection. If you can't comprehend the difference between your family seeing you as a client and being an actual family that helps its members you are brain dead. What happens when you don't pay rent goy? You don't need your family, your family doesn't need you, you are a neet, aha!
>>
I'm 24 and I don't plan on moving out until I'm at least 27. I have no savings and I'm in no position to move out. Everytime I go to a family gathering everyone says I need to move out and I just tell them to fuck off. Annoying as hell how so many people think moving out unprepared is going to change anything.
>>
>>59335884
Retarded, im 24 and live with my parents and don't pay anything besides a few groceries. I own a condo and rent it out for passive income. This is good parenting, live at home while making easy money. If I had to move out, I would be forced to become a rent cuck and never own anything
>>
>>59338383
>24 years old already owns a condo to rent out
>>
>>59338332
You should consider their position. When they were 18 they could easily afford to move out and live in their own place, thats the experience and mindset they come from and it is much better if you can afford it. You wont fuck girls at home with mom&dad watching.
>>
>>59338403
I'm 6'6 235. I've brought girls home before lmao. Females do not give a fuck about what you're into as long as you look good. My body is a 6/10 but they treat me like a 9/10.
>>
>>59338172
Imagine being so pathetic you need a loan to pay $300 a month. Get a job and take responsibility so you're not a complete burden on society you lazy fuck.
>>
my plan is to stay at home until my student debt is paid off and i have like 25k in savings. make my decisions in life from there
>>
>>59338427
>implying i care about the girls opinion
do you honestly feel comfortable with mom&dad next room? i never fucked anyone at my parents place and couldn't imagine doing it either while they visit me. Too fucking awkward.
>>
>>59338434
You are either hard projecting here or you are just so dumb to be stuck in a word wanting to devalue the argument with this cheap shot.
Don't worry I pay my own rent to my landlord which is not my mom or dad. I would never receive money from my kids to take care of them in their time of need because I don't condone jewish culture.
Go ahead and continue with your neet fantasy.
>>
>>59337732
But you have a fucked up economy and crisis, its normal
>>
the standard of living in Canada has dropped so intensely over the last 50 years to borderline third world tier that if you don't live with your parents you are retarded and wasting money.
>>
>>59337715
same guy here, not all easy bro I can't do intimate relationships my only girlfriend cheated on me with an abusive drug dealer ex and I haven't touched a female ever since
>>
>>59338489
I'm in the basement and my mom is two floors above me. If she hears me fucking then I must be doing a good job. It's not awkward because everyone has sex it's normal so who cares.
>>
>>59338539
Theres a difference between helping your kids in a time of need and letting them live with you for the rest of your life. People charge their kids rent because they're a fucking burden.
>neet fantasy
I moved out to my own place half way across the country, but nice deflection.
>>
File: 1609064112613.jpg (158 KB, 1066x1200)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>59336087

27 here , We need to break out of our comfort zone dude , this shit is eating us alive, either that or it's gg wp no re.
>>
>>59337926
I lived in a dorm first 2 years because it was free, then I applied for the housing money to be transferred as a stipend and moved off campus. My senior year (graduating in april) ive been home entire time bc online classes.

the "college life" is no different from the high school life. If you don't go out and look for involvement/interactions then it is highly unlikely anyone will reach out to you like they do in movies/anime. For me I think I went to 2 parties entire time at college, it's just full of annoying assholes and sluts eating the lotus flowers
>>
I want to move out but there is housing shortage in my country, everything is out of control. Prices too high, social housing takes 6-10 years before you get anything.
I don't know what to do.

I'm 28, wanted to move out at least before 30 but at this rate my only options are a campervan or a shanty boat.
>>
>>59335765
Absolutely, even temporarily. Not only does it teach you how to be self-reliant, it also changes your relationship with your parents for the better. They see you less as a child and are more willing to be reasonable with you in the future
>>
>>59337372
This, the middle ground is the best course of action. Keep them from becoming complacent with being a neet, but also provide them the support they need to succeed when they eventually do have to be on their own
>>
>>59335765
Yes.
>>
File: 1575646050416.jpg (30 KB, 342x362)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>59335765
Late 20s here living at home. Parents don't mind, but my dad especially wants me to move out. Here's how I feel about it: I've missed out on vital learning experiences since the start of college. Mom got cancer and had to drop out and take care of her for a couple years. Worked jobs here and there after. Went back to school at 25 and won't graduate till I'm about 31. The chance for the "college experience" has passed me by. Even if I decide to stay in dorms and eat at the dining hall, use the uni gym etc., I'm way older than everyone there and my cultural reference is outdated.

I want my independence more than anything. I do feel like I'm in a state of arrested development sometimes, especially when looking at friends social media and seeing them doing really well and mogging the fuck out of me. I can't shake the "I'm a loser" mentality because of it. I'm way behind where I should be, and the life I should've been living for the past 10 years is fucking gone. All I can do at this point is set up my 30s to be the shit.

Points on aging:
>I don't enjoy things as easily as I did when I was in my late teens/early 20s - things like drinking, partying aren't as fulfilling anymore
>The older you get, the more being broke and having shit income sucks
>I hate going to bed in the same room I've been sleeping in my whole life, in the same twin mattress since I was like 12 it's a bit humiliating
>After a certain age, everyone - and especially girls you want to fuck - expect a lot more.
>I've got a certain stockholm syndrome now where if I leave I feel uncomfortable and alone, years ago I wanted ANY opportunity to stay out of the house and it was always an enjoyable experience

tl;dr I agree with the mom.
>>
File: mulatto-studfarm.png (740 KB, 786x735)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
>>59338179
>>
Tfw 23 year old NEET. Good lord someone put me out of my misery during sleep.
>>
>>59338911
>Late 20s here living at home...Mom got cancer and had to drop out and take care of her for a couple years.

Same story here except I just dropped out because of depression after tfw mom died of cancer and generally being a bad student. I was a NEET until age 28 when I enlisted in the air force, and life is pretty good right now except for the current military-related COVID bullshit

>the life I should've been living for the past 10 years is fucking gone.

I know this feeling well. It mostly went away once I actually started moving forward in life.
>>
>>59335765
When I got my first job my father's rule was that 50% of my paycheck went into a savings account. The same rule that had been around since my first cash gift when I was a kid. As long as I lived under his roof half of my earnings was "rent".

By the time I moved out at 22 I had enough saved to put as a down payment on my first house.

Let two of my friends going to college move in, charged them $400/mo in rent while my mortgage was $650.

Renovated the shithole, sold it, bought two more.
>>
>independence
>girls won't laugh at you
>teaches you how to overcome basic life problems
>keeps you occupied - there's always something to do around the house

Move out if you can afford it. If you can't, reconsider what you're doing with your life.
>>
>>59338986
Bro, you're 23. Go to community college or something. 6 months - 2 years and you've got a steady job. Look up your local CC's programs of study and apply for FAFSA. You literally still have the majority of your 20s to enjoy.
>>
>>59335887

You can buy a house without living with your parents until you’re 30, it just won’t be in New York or LA or any of these other overrated pod places. My wife and I have a 3br 1bath house, 1750 square feet, and a big yard in a city with 1 million population including metro. Good jobs, access to amenities, but not too crowded. We paid 86k for it. We put 10k down with money we saved in our 20s, barely over 1k per year between the two of us. We just refinanced since interest rates are low, and both just got promotions; we are paying ahead and will end up paying less than 20k in interest. If I’d stayed at home maybe I could have paid for a house in cash and saved the 20k that will go to interest, but then I’d be just hitting the dating market at 33 instead of married with a kid and another on the way. My family is worth way more to me than 20k.
>>
>>59336058

My wife and I paid 650 a month (So 325 each, we weren’t married yet) for a decent (though not fancy) 1BR apartment, 800 square feet. Look harder and/or stop trying to live lavishly.
>>
why would you want to live with your parents?
i cant fucking stand being around people so i moved out and live alone where no one can bother me
>>
>>59335765
No it's jew trick
>>
>>59335887
Zoomers unironically think everything should be handed to them on a silver platter, they have no ambition and no work ethic.

Time to grow a pair and stop leeching off mommy and daddy
>>
>>59339163
Thank you for your encouraging words. I’m going to university this year hopefully, and am getting a job pretty soon but I’m left with this dread that I’m somehow missing out no matter how much I attempt to participate. It’s like I don’t belong anywhere and any attempt on my end gets sabotaged by my feelings of nonbelonging. It’s like I’m hindered by something deep down that prevents me from enjoying life. This thread has been a wake up call, so thank you OP for starting it.
>>
>>59339366
checked
this is the truth
>>
>>59339383
Zoomers unironically face higher taxes and lower pay. +higher upfront cost for education.
>>
>>59339383
They were raised by absent parents (raised by internet and single moms), in a stagnating economy, in a low morale society, in an ethnically tensive country, in a hypergamous dating market. Is it any surprise so many young men aren’t up for the cut and just drop out instead? It’s obviously really fucking bad for everyone’s future, but let’s stop to think for a second here
>>
>>59337459
Lmao presbian
>>
>>59339475
Where I live, minimum wage is almost 2.5x what it was when I was 18, and tuition is 1.5x. It's literally easier now and yet zoomers are constantly bitching and moaning about how unaffordable tuition is. Get a job, that's what I did.
>>
File: abby_chan_waifu.jpg (3.16 MB, 2160x2160)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB JPG
>>59336087
Same here bro, except that I have a fairly good paying job. I just don't see the point of moving out and spending my life alone.
>>
>1 bedroom apartment start at $1000/month
>student but also work part time
>currently doomed to live with roommates to afford a place to live
how do i live alone on not much money? might get a van and urban camp it if i can.
>>
>>59337857
Kiketario doesnt surprise me...
>>
>>59339601
You kinda left out all the other data. Higher taxes+living cost eat up the wage increase and min wage raise is pointless to me too. I didnt start with min wage so i wouldnt benefit at all from whatever min wage raise they give. What we did have is exploding prices on food & rent. So present time would have been harder than past. Not to mention im in IT and the newfags seem to have much higher competition although the level seems to be lower from what i hear from first semesters.
>>
>>59339675
Just bite the bullet until you live in a place with normal housing costs
>>
>>59339601

Minimum wage is much lower 40 years ago; learn about inflation.
>>
>>59335852
kicking your baby out of the nest when its ready is probably the most selfless thing someone can do
>>
>>59339838

than 40 years ago
>>
>>59335852
If he's doing all that, kicking him out would be detrimental to her.
>>
>>59335765
Only problem is most will end up moving to a small town on their own or move to the city and get two or three roommates to make it.
>>
>>59335765

No. I bought my parents house and take care of them now that they're in their twilight years and in failing health. It's terribly stressful but at the same time I always have someone greeting me when I come home from work, or family to spend the holidays with. And more recently I have guys 30 years older than me asking what to do with their dying parents (my parents had me late).
>>
>>59335852
Amerimutts and their secular society are a mess
>>
>>59335887
This is the way.
Boomers threaten our way.
>>
>>59337563
Unless ur living in dorms in college, good luck trynna get laid dude. If you live with your folks, chances decrease further. Make friends first then girls will come. Unless of course your a 6'4 200lb 14%bf then skip everything and go striaght to pussy
>>
>>59335765
absolutely. leaving our parents, live by yourself or better in a shared flat will give you some serious personality grows.
>>
>>59337857
Nigger, dont move out. Im 24, and bought and rent now a condo now to make some passive income. I live at home too, goal is to get a 2nd condo to rent out.
>>
>>59338402
My rich assole father died in a car accident when I was 23, got all his money and assets. Luck of the dice really
>>
>>59335884
in what way hasnt op pics son not developed as an adult exactly?
>>
>>59338309
Get a fucking job leech
>>
>>59339277
Sounds like you're living a good life. In New Zealand the average house price is something like 550k. In cities (where the work is) I don't think I'd find anything below that, not even in the shit areas. My parents bought their first home in the 90s for 90k and had it paid off within 10 years. Every year the house prices go up another 50-70k or so. Wish I lived somewhere where this wasn't the case. It's fucked and I'll be living with my parents as long as I can. I was kinda hoping covid would kill off a bunch of baby boomers and increase the supply of housing to drop the prices but it doesn't look like I've had any luck.
>>
>>59340397
So because you're so wealthy you can afford two condos to rent out, you think everyone has that benefit? Let me guess, 250k a year engineer right
>>
>>59337206
How did you get so much? High paying job?
>>
File: IMG_20200812_171255.jpg (321 KB, 1080x1793)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
Kicking your kids out without any constructive thought is an anti-white kike trick.

Live with your parents until you establish a career, find a wife, and set up a plan to start a family

If you're not working towards these two goals in your 20s, then you're a fucking waste of space and should probably get kicked out so you can grow up and mature

If you ARE working towards these goals, then there's zero harm in staying with your parents until you're established and ready to move out

White American culture of kicking kids out at 18 used to be viable, now it's just a detriment.
>>
>>59340819
He’s living frugally and saved up money
>>
>>59335887
>struggle for the sake of struggling is a virtue
Literally the definition of lifting
>>
>>59338718
Let me guess: Netherlands?
Yes this country's housing market is COMPLETELY FUCKED thanks to easy credit + investment parties. Social housing is there only for rapefugees and complete failures since in 10 years time even as construction worker or garbageman you'll be earning too much
>>
>>59341117
I think it's just most cities in small countries. New Zealand, Canada, and Australia all have insane housing prices. It's making it really hard to live a mildly happy life with the same markers of success that our parents had (house, marriage, family by 35). It's a substantial roadblock to starting your own family and because we're not having children of our own to prop up boomer pensions the governments feel the need to bring in immigrants who fit 3 generations and 20 people into a 3 bedroom house paid for by the government with no complaints. Go figure.
>>
File: 1586037109857.png (89 KB, 351x512)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>59339086
>>
>>59337089
bosed
>>
>>59341023
Working out makes you stronger. Wasting money by renting when you could be saving it by living with your parents achieves nothing.
>>
>>59341767
It makes you less of a fucking loser that literally everybody looks down on
>>
>>59340684
Nope, just work $24/Hour at some stupid sales job, and construction. I earned large part from a family death, in his will gave me lots of assets and liquid cash.
>>
>>59341847
Yes, I am definitely going to fuck myself over economically just so strangers on the internet don't laugh at me.
>>
Eventually, yes. If I have children they could stay with me indefinitely. I lived at home until I was 27 but I saved up enough to buy a condo instead of renting. My mortgage + condo fee + utilities is ~1400 for a 2 br with a garage in a nice residential area as opposed to $1800 to rent. I mean I could have rented a studio but this way I build equity and don't have to live with niggers.
>>
>>59339310
so you pissed away money renting instead of saving it up? good point....
>>
>>59335765
I'm in a sharehouse with another guy just for the sake of studying interstate, I left for the degree at 23 while he left home at 18 like a dumb normie. I am more independent than he is, am a better cook, have more money and have better hygiene practices. Despite leaving home early he was never forced to clean himself properly, he is an absolute slob because there weren't enough senior figures around to tell him to get his shit together

He will probably be a loser for the rest of his life.
>>
>>59335887
Don't even bother trying to reason with them. The "independent" lifestyle has been so ingrained into their psyche that they can't even think rationally on this subject.
>>
I saved money while living with my parents until I was 27, it made sense because the job was nearby. When I got a high paying job that made me move, I had a small "warchest" and some passive income from investments. If you have a good relationship with your parents, don't move out unless you see a golden opportunity or you get tired of the restrictions from living with them. The multi generational household was once a staple in some areas.
>>
>>59336451

how the fuck do people always find apartments like this? I live in the east and when i moved out it was nothing but 500 sq. ft. apartments for 1.1k a month with no utilities and, even then, i had to submit about ten documents to landlords proving as much as i possibly could that i could pay rent and wouldn't be a problem.

anyway, i ended up moving back home. i pay 1000 bucks to live in the room above my family's garage. it really isn't much different than when i was living on my own.
>>
>>59335765
If there's one thing I admire about the USA is the culture of kicking your children out of the house in their 20s lol
In my country it's common to live with your parents at 30 years old, it's pathetic
>>
>>59335765
Absolutely. I can tell you that there is a huge gap in maturity between 20-30 year olds depending on whether they're living at home or not. Whenever I visit a friend who still lives with their parents they never have matured or changed from high school. Living on your own and struggling built a lot of character for me and forced me to grow up. I have made a ton of mistakes in all aspects of my life but I continue to learn and improve. By the time I'm 30 I expect to be exactly where I would want to be. Obviously if I had lived at home there would have been a lot of financial benefits, but for me the cost of moving out hugely out weighed the benefits. I am on track now to live the life I want to live and to have happiness almost certainly, and most of that is owed to time I spent struggling or depressed. Basically learning how i never wanted to have to live like again. In relationships as well living with a girlfriend that I broke up with basically gave me a blueprint for the type of person I needed to be with to be truly happy with at home.
>>
>>59344659
>but for me the cost of moving out hugely out weighed the benefits

Other way around
>>
This "hurr move out of your parents house" meme we have in America needs to die already. My wife and I live with my mom and we dig it because my mom is fucking cool. Boomers will go on about family values then kick their kids out of the house only to see them on holidays or whenever they need money.

I get to really be a part of my family living here. Everyone saves money because its cheaper to put three people in a house than one, we get more work done around the house and there's usually people around to hang out with. If you're 19 and want to get out to get some independence or if you have parents that are weird and treat you like a child while you're in your 20s then go ahead and do it. I did all that and it was fun I guess but it was lonely and I wasted a lot of money heating a big box that I store my ass in. If you feel like the only reason to move out is because of some societal pressure fuck that, do what is going to make you happy.
>>
>>59335765
>Do you really need to move out of your parents place to grow as a person?
Yes. I don't consider you an adult until you do
>>
>>59336189
Sounds like a great dad, helping his son and weeding out poor potential girlfriends.
>>
>>59341117
Yes, I'm dying to find an alternative way but I'm clueless.
I keep asking other people if they know anything but everyone just raises their shoulders. The housing prices show no sign of going down anytime soon either.
The situation feels so hopeless and I feel powerless.
>>
How do you move out?
>>
>>59339277
>86k
>a house
Sometimes I forget that American houses are basically made out of paper mache.
>>
>tfw living in vancouver
$1500 per month average for the most basic living space
too expensive to pull off efficiently
i'll just keep getting my education and move out when i land a stable job

no fucking way am i going to pay that much for a living space when my main focus is to get the best education possible

plus i enjoy living with my family, we have a healthy relationship, no need to distance ourselves so early

it's easy to forget that americuck zogbots are kike puppets who all fucking hate eachother lmao
>>
>all countries where living with your parents well into adulthood is acceptable are shitholes
>all countries where independence and entrepreneurship is encouraged are successful countries that built this world
>there are anons itt blasting "white people" for essentially building civilization while they comfortably neet at their parents and leech welfare from developed countries
really activates my almonds
>>
>>59335765
based parent.
But yeah, leaving home is literally the first step to grow as an adult
>>
>>59336087
Bro I experienced roommates against my own wishes when I was around your age. I made my bed and had to lay in it and having lived in three different places with roommate made me realize how normal I am.
Before that I was a neet but the real world is overblown. You start to see people as mor human.
I would recommend you move out with roommates to try it. You’ll be miserable but you’ll experience a different kind of life. It’ll expose you and that’s a good thing,
>>
>>59335765
As far as I'm concerned you aren't a real adult until you've moved out of your parents home. Going to university and living separately there is semi-adulthood.
>>
>>59339277
>criticises people for living with their parents to make it easier to buy a house
>couples up to make it easier to buy a house
>>
My only friend who took the independence pill is a sharehouse party boy who’s 30, recently unemployed (and previously ‘employed’ to the tune of 10-20 hours a week, with all his income spent on rent, booze and drugs) and is still hanging out with 20 year olds trying to find one who’s willing to get knocked up at that stage in life, because he’s getting clucky but not so much that he’s willing to give up the lifestyle and look for someone his own age.
>>
>>59335957
> white hands typed this post
>>
>>59335765
Leaving home to struggle financially, take govt money or sponge of mum and dad for the sake of it seems like a very immature thing todo. Stay home, save money, work & study. No-one wants to live at home, but we sacrifice now for the future.
>>
>>59335937
Spoken like someone who has no clue of the responsibilities involved in owning a home (not to mention the long haul of getting to the point where you’re even able to). Throwing your money down the drain every week for the privilege of fucking up someone else’s floorboards while you snort coke off their countertops and bitch for them to come fix their sink for you is not learning independence.
>>
No, but you do need to have responsibilities and independence. Some people can take over responsilbities from their parents and contribute to their household and maintain independence, others can't, it depends on the individual, the family and even the physical house itself.
>>
>>59335765
>putting all the money in savings
>not investing it
NGMI
That money will be worthless by the time he moves out thanks to inflation.
>>
>>59336058
>600 sq ft apartment that youre shilling 800$ a month for
What urban shithole do you live in? My apartment is $625 per month and 800 sq ft.
>>
Parents started charging me rent at 18 and demanded I do an increasing amout of the house work on top of my full time work and school schedules.

I was basically self-sufficient aside from living undet their roof, but I refused to be their personal servant who also paid rent.

Moved out at 22, dropped out of college, and struggled financially for the next decade. Sad thing is, I could've set myself up pretty well at the time had I recevied better advice/support from my folks.

They steered me away from trades and into wageslave service industry cuckery. What little savings I had was whittled away on rent rather than investing in property.
>>
>>59339086
So you turned into a slumloard eh? How many shitholes do you own?
>>
Sometimes I think I am limiting myself socially by living with a parent, but it seems like it makes the most sense. I know my aging parent has someone to look after them and have expenses they can't handle taken care of, and I can save time/money while inheriting a house. I have been able to work 2 jobs (at least prior to COVID, hopefully getting another second job if anything opens again) because my mom will take care of food prep and basic house duties which saves a ton of time on my end.
>>
>tfw I'm 27 this year and can't move out because my parents are in the process of divorce, my stepfather blew up the family business on his way out and I spent $20k keeping the house from getting foreclosed on last year
I spent my late teens and early 20s as a neet, eventually got my shit together and finished my degree, made social gains, was on the verge of making it and this happens
>>
>>59335887
You actually do learn a lot by living on your own and begin to value your independence.
I can definitely tell when I meet someone that lives at home with their parents.
For men it's like a right of passage to shape them into someone that take care of yourself and succeed and fail.
Being able to take care of yourself means you have greater capacity to take care of others. Meaning you are ultimately a better man.
Otherwise you become a man child into your 30s that struggles to deal with slight inconveniences.
You're tastes and lifestyle change when you know or realise through failure, that a repeated lapse in discipline or routine can send you into a spiral resulting in major struggle and discomfort.

It's taken a while, but for a year now I know given most situations I am thrown into I would survive and work my way through it. All because I was exposed way outside my comfort zone and had to work it out on my own.

Unlike you, some of us have no choice.
>>
>>59348837
So that shows a lack of independence.
You have a brain and you are capable of making your own choices, yet you couldn't muster the testicles to do what you think is right
>>
>>59335852
It's not a situation where she is going "uggh get this loser out of my house"
It sounds like she is happy for her son but worries that forever living with his mom will be to HIS detriment, not hers.
>>
>28 live alone
>mum keeps begging me to move back home with her and the dog for free
But i want my independence
>>
>>59344659
I can even tell just from the way this is written you are more mature and put together than >>59345139. I bet you are even the same age.
>>
>>59337563
Kek, good luck.
>>
>>59344659
Yep

When i first moved out i actually started starving because i thought i could just live on a few biscuits per day, totally fucked up my food and cooking

I dont think most people become proper mature adults until like 25, and definitely not if they dont move out.

I dont agree with the dumb american move out at 18 idea, but you cant be a fully grown mid 20s adult and still leeching off your parents and having them look after you.
>>
>>59350111
I was out at 18 but I had no Choice
>>
>>59335852
Something with you doesn’t tick right, the parents responsibility is to push you to be self dependent. She is a good mother>>59335852
>>
>>59340423
>24
>live with parentS
>rich assole father died in a car accident when I was 23
Either LARPing or your mom remarried, the inheritance was settled and disbursed, you closed on a property, set it up for rent, and got tenants all in one year.

Hmmm....
>>
>>59339412
I know how you feel. Definitely been there myself. Honestly having a job was one of the biggest initial turning points. Not only does it feel good to have cash flow, but it will enable you to start doing the things you have wanted to do. I didn't have a good financial sense when I first started working and I just blew through it on nothing,
Think about the kinds of things you have always wanted to do and start saving for it. Just experiment with the opportunities around you and you will find what you actually enjoy, not what you think society expects you to do.
>>
Girls make fun of you for living with your parents then ask to borrow money on the dl because they cant afford groceries this week. Meanwhile your cat eats higher quality food than she does all year.
>>
>>59335852
See, I agree with that, but I also disagree, because, why wouldn't you, as a man, want to move out? Just to have more freedom.

I love my mom, but I wouldn't want to disrespect her home by bringing girls over to the house for me to fuck. It would be disrespectful. But I want to fuck girls. So the only option is to move out and get my own crib. That's why any man over the age of 21 should WANT to move out, in the Western world.
>>
>>59335852
>>59350403
And the reason while I also agree, is because I come from a migrant family and our culture promotes strong families tied together forever. It's not like some American families where some never talk to their parents for years if not decades after moving out. So I understand the thinking behind such a post.
>>
>>59340965
Very based post.
>>
>>59341847
Short term mentality.
>>
I used to do yaed work in the seattle area for wealthy estate owners a few years back. Never once saw any of them kick their kids out. Makes sence thought, you dont build an estate in one generation.
>>
>>59335765
Living at home is fucking great because I don't have to worry about rent and I can save up the vast majority of my income. Saving money = more freedom
>>
>>59350578
You cant bring a girl home
>>
>>59350586
Yes I can
>>
>>59348234
Well, gotta agree with him that 30 yr old women are trash.
>>
>>59349965
I like how people will use the few people they know that moved out and are doing well and actually think thats the experience of the majority. For every person who moved out and is doing better there are countless people who are doing the same if not worse. I think it has more to do with the values and ethics your parent instilled on you rather than the struggle of moving out. Also I know grown ass men who cant even operate a washer and dryer because their wife does literally everything their mom did for them, but somehow that dude isnt a manchild because he doesnt live at home.
>>
>>59348171
>10k deposit
I had more than this saved by the time I was 23 from working in a call centre while living at home. You don't need to couple up or live with your parents too long, if you save properly you can buy a place in your early-mid 20's.
>>
>>59350001
Yeah. In hindsight I wish I wasn't so concerned with their opinions and approval at that point in my life. They never really expressed anything but disappointment in me, and I was desperate to do whatever I could to earn their approval. I am aware now of my own agency in fucking myself over; I just wasnt aware of it then.
>>
>>59349744
I'd like to think I'm not a slumlord.

I personally own 56 single and duplex rental homes. Along with 7 apartments that have 156 units. I am co-owner of a property management firm that manages another 85 homes and 12 apartments for property owners.

As a matter of company policy emergency work orders must be completed in 4 hours or less, and I like to have non emergency orders finished before the end of the next day, or second full business day if the ticket is received after 11am. Any ticket that took more than 54 hours to close in the system requires a written explanation.

I am also a member of the city's housing board which is responsible for enforcing state and local tenancy laws and regulations like investigating actual slumlords and levying fines against those predatory pieces of shit.
>>
>>59348837
>They steered me away from trades and into wageslave service industry cuckery
This is such a criminal thing parents have been doing to kids. Turning their noses up at trades and forcing their kids into shitty unfulfilling jobs that require tens of thousands of dollars of debt and years of bullshit college to even get into.
>>
File: 1504162669902.jpg (143 KB, 480x476)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>be 27
>desperate to move out but can't find a job
>live alone with mother who's in her late 60's
>I'm the last kid to leave home so when I move out she's on her own
>had a dream last night that I moved out and she died of a stroke because there was nobody around to help her
>>
>>59335765
SOME OF us have abusive parents.....gotta move out to protect yourselves anons...and some parents are just deadbeats. especially UNEMPLOYED gambling addict fathers.
>>
>>59351466
My mother tried doing this to me.
>"IF YOU DON'T GO TO COLLEGE YOU'LL NEVER MAKE ANYTHING OF YOURSELF!!!"

I bought my first house after moving out (I was forced to move out because I refused to sign up for college) this is me >>59339086

>"WHAT THE FUCK ARE DOING BUYING A FUCKING SHITHOLE LIKE THIS?!?! THIS PLACE IS A DUMP!!!"

Worked full time, and worked renovating it for a year. Bought it in 2001 for $45k, sold it for $115k after almost 25k in improvements. Bought two more with 20% down along with improvement money rolled into the loan from the bank.

>"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WASTING YOUR TIME ON THIS BULLSHIT INSTEAD OF GOING TO COLLEGE AND GETTING A REAL JOB!?!?!"

Put my college buddies who were living with me in one, mortgage was $575, charged then $700 in rent. Quit my job to do the renovation full time on the other

>"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU QUIT YOUR FUCKING JOB TO RENOVATE A STUPID FUCKING HOUSE, GO TO COLLEGE AND GET A REAL FUCKING JOB!"

Flipped that house in 8 months working part time for $35k. Bought another house

>"IM DONE TRYING TO TALK SENSE INTO YOU!!!"

Spent all day Saturday at mom's house listening to her trying to talk me into paying for her new car.
>Mom, I'm sorry, I don't see why I should by you a new car when your jetta runs perfectly fine
>"sweety its 5 years old and showing its age"
>I'm sorry mom, I'm not going to buy you a new car.
>"Well, fine. I guess you love your father more than me."
>whats that supposed to mean?
>"I know you're the one that got him that Tesla, he'd never buy himself a new car! He's too cheap."
>yeah well mom, you're the college graduate, you would know.
>"OH FUCK!! YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER AND CAN'T LET GO OF THE PAST!!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY I WAS WRONG!?!"
>>
File: 1607030745121.jpg (698 KB, 1080x1327)
698 KB
698 KB JPG
>>59338911
Is there a phenomenon where people are attracted to guys like this? I wanna fall asleep in some /fit/ loser's arms after we destroy the springs on his twin bed.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.