[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1605949337487.jpg (10 KB, 217x232)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
so
a kilogram of fat is 7700calories
if i eat a 1100 calories deficit, it will take a week to loose 1kg of fat. so i will be loosing around 4kg of fat in a month.

am i doing the math correct? because 4kg in a month looks really slow progress
>>
>>58514957
Yes.
>>
>>58514957
4 x 12 = 48kg

Slow and Steady
>>
>>58515119
>>58515129
striked me as really slow so at least im doin the math correct
>>
>>58514957
>>58515152

Mate you are thinking of it all wrong. The total time it takes to lose the weight does not matter, the end goal is what matters.

If you rush through this, as most people tend to do, you will crash and burn and regain the weight. You can't really be blamed for this as it is just human nature to want results fast.

But if you take it slow, build muscle while losing fat, and not worrying about the number on the scale so much as the healthy choices in life you make, you will be much more likely to 1. Achieve your goal and 2. Keep the weight off.

Goodluck anon
>>
File: fetchimage.jpg (269 KB, 700x670)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>58515338
thanks for wisdom, man. im just sick of not bein able to eat shit but you are right that i need patience or i will bounce back.
>>
>>58514957
You posted this same thread before.

And as I said in the last thread:

You kept eating and got fat without realizing over a long period.

It takes a long time to use up that stored energy.
>>
>>58515338
Man I should take this scale thing to heart
Got bit chubby on my failed bulk and started cutting, I've lost some weight and made gains but holy shit did I get demoralized after getting back on creatine cycle and the number on scale getting up again
>>
>>58514957
In the upside 4kg of fat is quite a lot. Since fat itself is pretty light. Lift the same amount and eat plenty of protein bro.
>>
>>58514957
it's gonna be slow, but you will learn to enjoy the process. good luck, diet is the hardest part. everything past that comes easy.
>>
>>58514957
it's correct, but in practice you lose weight faster than that because the weight lost is a combination of fat, lean tissue and water.

anyway, 4 kg a month adds up quickly
>>
>>58514957
It depends on your weight, but 4kg in a month would be huge for me.
>>
>>58514957
you wait until you're taking a year to put on 4kgs of muscle on god
>>
>>58515429
also by losing slowly you keep more muscle which takes much longer to build then it takes to lose fat. A lot of people lose weight to quickly only to regain in back and in the process lose muscle. So their net when they regain weight is being at the same original weight with less muscle and a higher bodyfat %
>>
File: 1605043218953.gif (1.78 MB, 378x368)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>58514957
>9 freedom units a month is slow
how fat are you
>>
>>58515338
>>58515863
this, never cut too fast. 500kcal deficit is much more sustainable than 1100kcal. you can get away with a bigger deficit if you're really heavy though.
>>
>>58514957
4kg is not slow, you probably took several years, maybe decades, to reach your actual size. 4kg in a month is enough to 95% of the people to lose all weight they need to lose in less than one year.
>>
>>58514957
How fat are you now?
>>
>>58515129
doing a year on 1100 deficit, gonna have a shitty year
>>
>>58514957
fucking retard I literally replied to you in the last, identical thread
FAT LOSS != WEIGHT LOSS
you lose far more weight than fat. When you're at the point of having lost 4kg of FAT, your scale will say that you lost 6-10kg of weight.
>>
>>58514957
4kg/month is good progress.
if you're morbidly obese then it might be more.
f you stick to the diet for a long enough time, to show you'd actually maintain healthy weight once you reach it, doctor can recommend lypo and other fat chopping methods to get you there quicker.
reversing decades of abuse won't be done overnight.
>>
>>58514957
don't forget that your metabolism slows as you age. you need to build muscle, not just slow your metabolism down with constant dieting.
>>
>>58514957
dont be stupid and do fasts
>>
>>58518733
ok no fasts, don't wanna be stupid.
>>
>>58518610
so you are saying that my 4kg loss is not all fat, huh?

sounds not nice
>>
>>58514957

>4kg a month
>slow

It took years to become a fat piece of shit and you want to wake up tomorrow slim

Fuck you, you'll never make it
>>
>>58518844
are you fucking retarded?
dont answer its a rhethotic question, you clearly are fat dumbfuck
>>
>>58518864
hey you cant make fun of me because im fat
>>
>>58518926
yes I can you fat amount of lard
>>
>>58514957
Yes. but you can achieve more than 1,000 calorie deficit easily enough, so long as you have some time to spare.
Walking can burn between 300 and 400 calories an hour, lets say you were to walk for 5 hours a day, which is easier than it sounds, you can burn up to 2000 extra calories a day.
Lets say to not gain or loose any weight while being sedentary youd have to eat 2000 calories a day, simply by adding 5+ hours of walking a day you can have the equivalent caloric deficit of fasting without even changing what you eat at all, the best part is that walking unlike other kinds of exercise isnt all that taxing, and also doesn't make you hungry.
You can combine this with intermittent fasting also, lets say you were to have an omad meal after you came back from your walk, even after walking for 5 hours, so long as you were eating low carb youd have a hard time eating 2000 calories, so you could end up with like a 2500 calorie deficit or something like that.
When I was a chubby 85kg 16 year old i went on a 2 month long hiking holiday in Nepal, i probably walked for an average of 9 hours a day, and even with completely stuffing our face with rice as often as we could i came home maybe 10-20kg lighter, and i also gained muscle in my legs.
If you dont want to do this you can burn similar amounts of calories just by being cold, whenever the air around you is below 20degree celcious your body has the heat its self up somehow, and it does this by burning calories, if you were to keep the window open while you slept and slept with a thin blanket youd probably burn an extra 500+ calories a night, maybe even more depending on how cold it was. If you want to take this a step further you could try having an icebath thats cold enough to make you shiver, shivering burns insane amounts of calories, im not sure how much it is per hour but it is a lot...
>>
Another strategy you can take is long term fasting, contrary to popular belief, fasting just like all the things i mentioned above actually increases your metabolism, this means that a normal man fasting, even while being relatively sedentary can achieve a calorie deficit of 3000 calories a day. And if you make sure you take vitamin, mineral and electrolyte supplements fasting is actually quite easy.
If you were to combine ALL of these things, long walks in the winter with only a t shirt and shorts, long swims in the cold winter sea ect, you could achieve a calorie deficit probably close to 6000 a day, which would mean youd burn about a kg of fat a day, this is very hard but it is doable.
However if i were to only pick one itd be the long walks, it really is the secret to weight loss, and it doesnt have to only be 5 hours a day, ive done hikes that were 10+ hours and if you have a decent level of fitness you can do stuff like this day after day without needing any recovery time, this is what makes walking much superior to running.
>>
>>58519031
>>58519045
wew man thanks for long post. read all. im walking already but 5 hours a day a bit much for me. staying in cold would just make me sick. and i dont want to fast, im already eating too little. im curious about your nepal trip tho. why did u go there? how was it?
>>
>>58514957
>4kg in a month looks really slow progress

>Spends whole life getting fat
>frustrated that it'll take a few months to get slim

The whole reason why you're fat is your brain is incapable of being future oriented.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.