[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I don't even know what to say. I've worked so fucking hard since the gyms finally reopened back in August. I've been bulking and making good progress, hitting new PRs through such intense hard work. I lost my job, my friends, and there were so many days when lifting was all I had to look forward to. I was having so much fun and making progress. Now it's being taken away from me yet again? I don't even know what to fucking say. What's the point anymore. The one fucking hobby I have that keeps me sane and feeling good about myself, and they won't even let me have that. I have nothing left for them to take, they may as well come knock on my door and shoot me in the fucking face "in an abundance of caution".
I live month to month in a tiny apartment so home gym isn't really possible (aside from a pullup bar and bands, which i already have). I have no idea what the fuck to do but I am enraged beyond words. So many hours of sweat and tears, for fucking nothing. I'll be back to skelly mode within a month, not to mention super fucking irritable every day.

Please help me bros, I have no idea what to do. I gotta lift to stay sane.
>>
>>58511927
>Live in blue state
>Get surprised when it acts like one
>>
>>58511927

It’s a fucking pandemic you selfish fucking asshole. These events happen literally once every 100 years. BOOHOO you can’t go to the gym for a week or 2, it’s the end of the world!!!

PUT THE FUCKING MASK ON and save lives you retarded zoomer faggots. 250k Americans have died because of your selfishness. Wear the mask, stay home, protect the elderly.
>>
>>58511963
Thinking like this is why I lost my job. You tell me to stay home, yet at the same time you take away the job that pays my rent. How the fuck do I stay home when I can't pay rent because my job is shut down?

Also if it were only for 2 weeks I absolutely would agree, It's not that big a deal. But I highly doubt it will only be for 2 weeks. I'm not attempting to minimize the pandemic, or claim that my gainz are more important than public health. I just think I should be allowed to make the choice for myself, instead of having everything good in my life taken away "for the greater good". Isn't yours the same logic that justified the Japanese internment camps during WW2? "stop complaining, it's for our safety"
>>
File: freedombear.png (68 KB, 816x459)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>58511944
>>58511944
fpbp.
Being fit is a blessing right now. We're witnessing the slow demise of Western civilization. You're not going to want to be a scooter bound fatty when shit hits the fan.
>>
>>58511963
Bad bait.
>>
>>58512009
You're right, but I can't leave. All my paying work is here, so I can't move unless I find a job elsewhere. I don't have a car or driver's license so I can really only live in cities so I can use public transit.
>>
File: 1606011223513.png (160 KB, 510x602)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>WEAR THE MASK
>>
>>58512047
This line confuses me. Of course I wear a mask, no building in New York City would even let me in if I didn't. I don't give a shit about the little piece of fabric in front of my mouth. What does this have to do with gyms being forced to close? My gym was making everyone wear masks and they were very strict about enforcing it, yet still they get shut down.
>>
>>58511963
nice bait brah but i agree, wear the mask but just don't get crazy over it
>>
>>58512085
>My gym was making everyone wear masks and they were very strict about enforcing it
That's how it is at the moment where I live (fucking sucks to deadlift with a mask on). I'm already bracing for when they decide to close down.
>>
File: 1603677666432.jpg (124 KB, 700x700)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>58511927
>>
>>58511963
I unironically want to see people who say this kind of shit beaten with baseball bats
>>
Fuck it feels good knowing this all globohomo bullshit to mentally break down the cattle
>*Picks nose and inhales deeply*
Ahhh..
Enjoy your uhh.. flu lololololololol
>>
If you haven't even found a bodyweight/prison style ebook yet, you deserve to lose the 4lbs of muscle you'd put on.
>>
>>58511927
Lemme guess, McDonald's et al are excempt from this?
>>
>Based DeSantis claims no more shutdowns no matter what happens
Live Florida or die
>>
>>58512085
They don’t give a fuck. They just like the power to do something like this. Your opinion does not matter to them.
>>
>>58512251
Based. Think it’s heavily implied by the Texas governor that we won’t have any lockdown either. Ofc the fags in the cities will complain but fuck them. This is a red state
>>
>>58511927
idk about you anon, but all I did during lockdown was 100 pull ups a day just to keep me sane
t. 1/2/3/4
>>
>>58511927
i'm in nyc too but once my lease is up i'm moving to miami because there is nothing fun or good left going on here - i'll sell you my home gym set up my nigga
>>
>>58511927
Dude, just shut the fuck up and train bodyweight like bodybuilder to keep your gains on and eat right!

No need to be a stupid nigger that wants to chimp out and endanger someone.
>>
>>58513748
> 100 pull ups a day.

Not making a clickbait video about it.

I think you fail in life good sir.
>>
Hey anon, if you live in NYC, there are lots of places to work out outdoors. I go to a place in riverside park with pull-up bars and parallel bars. I bring my rings and do calisthenics exercises. Sure it’s not a perfect replacement for a gym, but I’ve kept making progress and really come to enjoy it. I made my own program based on the exercises in this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a8tlZ-zbF695HA3Lmm20OIYeYYxo1lmUOczUXKLoL4s/edit

There isn’t much there for calves so I add jump roping. I know it’s hard anon but you can do it. Stick with it!
>>
>>58512085
Just a scapegoat, Normies are too stupid to realize the damage they are causing so they parrot Muh Masks line over and over.
>>
>>58511963
Kill yourself
>>
>>58512002
Shut up, you science denier. You're risking the health of my naturally obese friend.
>>
>>58511927
>Just 2 weeks of lockdown
>9 months later
>just 2 more weeks guys

This won't stop until we stop going along with it. Government never just gives freedoms back
>>
>>58512043
>Lives life dependant on the state
>Gets annoyed when it's hard to regain your Independence
>>
>>58513754
How much and for what equipment? I'm in Brooklyn
>>
>>58511927
Move to another state and vote red you fucking retard
>>
File: 9856jg0.jpg (8 KB, 250x200)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>Shut up, you science denier. You're risking the health of my naturally obese friend.
>>
gyms are the safest place you can be because there are no fat people
think about it
fat people have larger surface areas, meaning more place for a virus, plus they breathe heavily meaning more virus molecules just going all over the place like crazy
fat people are super spreaders, its basic science
so the government says close a gym, for why? simple reasoning, they want you to be fat. this is for a population control
>>
File: 1594046277636.gif (112 KB, 403x360)
112 KB
112 KB GIF
>>58511927

>Actually living in the hellhole known as NYC

Get out of there ASAP.
>>
>>58514402
And move where? It’s the cultural and financial center of the world. Everywhere else is boring by comparison
>>
they want you broke, poor, demoralized. move somewhere else. the golds near me open all the time nobody even wears masks. its honestly like stepping into 2019 when i walk in there.
>>
>>58514417

Your quality of life and value for your dollar will increase dramatically once you leave. City culture is pure cancer.
>>
>>58511963
Kek good b8 m8
>>
Maybe don’t center your entire self worth around one thing that’s supposed to be for you’re health lmao
>>
>>58514417
>Cultural

Not really. Very little legitimate 'culture' there that isn't innfused with false political ideology. In fact Ny and LA are the two cities who are destroying legitimate artistic expression as it relates to the human condition.

>Financial

Yeah, other rich people finances. most NYers are pretty impoverished.
>>
>>58514417

Stay in NYC then. As long as you never move to NC, I don't care. I'm so fucking sick of carpet-bagging Yanks. You're like spores cast from corpses, falling upon decent places and beginning the infection anew.

Urban-fags, especially NYC/Chicago/Boston/DC-fags always sound like junkies trying to convince normal people how boring life is when you're not blasted on drugs all the time, not realizing how out of touch you sound.
>>
File: 1603675179708.png (736 KB, 955x789)
736 KB
736 KB PNG
>WE HAVE TO CLOSE GYMS AND RESTAURANTS
>Can you show us the data you're basing that decision on?
>...
>>
>>58514456
Oh yeah wouldn’t that be great sitting on a load of cash in some backwater Midwestern hellhole where they think Olive Garden is fine dining and state fairs are high culture
>>
>>58514516
W
I
N
S
T
O
N
>>
>>58514522
What are you trying to say, anon? Do you not trust our state and federal government?
>>
File: 1601830132326.jpg (329 KB, 950x1130)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>58514536

Of course I do.

Pic related.
>>
You guys have to fight this. COVID is nothing to the majority of people. It only drastically impacts fatties and old people. Fuck them. Fatties made their (bad) decisions, and they will have to live according to them. Old shits had their time, time to go bye-bye.

We cannot stop the world for the sake of these people who probably shouldn't exist, anyway.
>>
>>58511963
You suck, you dumb chimp. It's not a pandemic to most of the world. The worst they get is a mild cough or fever.
>>
File: reactchad.png (29 KB, 860x968)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>58511927
Move out of NYC dipshit, oh wait you lost your job so now you're too broke to escape. Have fun in your new hellhole hahaha faggot
>>
>>58511963
>250k Americans have died because of your selfishness.
Good.
>>
>>58511963
Good bait. If not bait, return to Reddit pls.
>>
>>58511963
Don't care if this is bait, ur a faget eat shit and die
>>
Imagine if the chinese just ate normal food and practiced proper hygiene. Then we wouldn't be in the mess we're currently in
>>
>>58511927
Fuck off libshit.
You voted for this.
I hope Biden lockdown your asshole for the next 10 years, faggot.
>>
>>58514417
>Everywhere else is boring

What the fuck are you, a woman? Lifting, family, having a dog, and being one with nature is all a man needs.
>>
>>58512002
Lrn2code lmfao
>>
If protesting is safe as long as everyone wears a mask, then why can't we just go anywhere as long as we wear a mask? Gyms are less packed and you don't have a few thousand people screaming and spreading germs. Restaurants should be even safer.
>>
File: 1440406716722.jpg (31 KB, 413x395)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>58514417

Please stay in your containment shithole state. No other normal place wants your kyke kind anyway.
>>
>>58515113
if masks make you perfectly safe now, then why not just make the old and sickly wear them and let the rest of us walk around normally?
>>
>>58515113
>The first study into the phenomenon argues that another factor could be important: the protests never turned into super-spreader events because they encouraged everyone else in the city to stay home. The effect was durable, often as long as a week, which is longer than the average incubation time of the novel coronavirus. The net effect of the protests was that, on average, more people stayed home during the week they were held than the previous week, even accounting for all the people who went out to protest.
Lol, thank fuck I'm not an American and I don't have to actually live with these people. Imagine being afraid to leave your house because the local blacks were rioting. It's like fucking South Africa in the nineties down there.
>>
>>58515113
>Tests at record low during rally's
>No cases
>testing at record highs right now
>more cases

wow!!!!
>>
>>58515135
Well that I can see because it lowers the probability of an old person coming into contact with the virus. But there is no logic for supporting protests but not allowing anything else.
>>
>>58511963
>NOOOOOOOOO NOT THE HECKIN 85 YEARS OLD
>NOT THE FRICKIN 250 POUNDERSSS
>WEAR YOUR MASK STAY AT HOME DRINK ONIONS TAKE YOUR HORMONES VOTE FOR BIDEN

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.