[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why does my back hurt from deadlifting? I already lessened my weight from 70kg to 60 kg so I am not even lifting much, even beforehand. I have no problem finishing my sets and I generally have no problems with the weight.
>>
>>57966375
Weniger Salat essen.
Also does your muscles hurt or your bones?
>>
>>57966375
Where does it hurt exactly?

Very likely your form is shit.
>>
shit form, weak back, or maybe youre confused and just have doms in your back
>>
>>57966375
Bad form, or ur not bracing properly. Watch the Deadlift video guide on plg it pretty good
>>
>>57966375

Is your form right?
I couldnt figure out why my shit hurt so bad until I asked around online and realized my ass was way too low when deadlifting
>>
>>57966375
"hurts" as in, sore muscles, or injured tendons, or pain in the vertebraes?
>>
>>57966375
You should probably do RDLs for a few months if you're having issues with regular DLs. They'll help you improve your back and you'll learn how to feel your harmstrings and won't lift with lower back, but legs.

I usually don't like this cringelord, but that's a solid vid on the topic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA
>>
>>57966498

That is what I started doing. I didn't have very good mobility in my hamstrings so my form wasn't good. I done a lot of Romanians, stretching hamstrings and a lot of core work. It massively improved my dl.
>>
>>57966396
>>57966416
>>57966427
>>57966476
It's definetly not the muscles. Right when I finish my sets it hurts in the lower back. After my workout it also hurts in the upper back but I am not sure if it's because of deadlifting. I usually watch my form in the mirror and keep my back straight. I'll look into a more detailed explanation of the execution instead of abstaining from deadlifting alltogether. Maybe I'll need more isolated workouts for my lower back because currently I am doing deadlifting, lat pulldown and cable rows for my back.
>>
>>57966619
Dunno about you but the day after doing deadlifting I feel my lower back and the muscles around my spine, it isn't much of a pain pain but rather soreness pain. And it usually disappear after 3 days.
>>
>>57966498
Are hamstring DOMS a good sign? I just started doing diddlies.
>>
>>57966619
If you have propper form and your back still gets fucked up u may have a weak back from injuries like me

>squats and dead lifts are massively overrated
>watch jay Cutler
>does 0 squats
>does 0 deadlifts
>wins mr Olympian repeatedly
You don't need these lifts to get big. If squats or dead lifts hurt even when you're doing them right then STOP DOING THEM. my legs continue to grow off of just the machines and I only hit 1.5 leg days a week. Contrary to all the retards on here it's not necessary to do these lifts to get larger.
>you are lifting for fitness and health
>having a horrible back and having to get back surgeries in your 30s and 40s is not healthy

People think it's a must because it's a measurement of strength and a lot of people here have low self esteem so they think they're week unless they can do 10 plate dead lifts.

Unless you're competitive powerlifter or crossfit retard you're being silly.
>>
>>57966684
Yeah, I am not really a about lifting extraordinarily heavy. I'll try reducing the weight far more and if it still hurts I will substitute deadlifts for adequate isolation excercises. I have no problems with the other two main compound movements anyways... You just get memed into doing all of the three compound movements by your mates
>>
>>57966676

Also wondering this
Where should I feel a DL?
>>
>>57966619
Take some calcium with vitamin D

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.