[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Hey fuckers hope you're all doing well.
I've been training daily 12 rounds of boxing on a heavy bag I installed recently, been doing this for two weeks already. I'm noticing a lot of muscle fatigue in the upper back/traps area,the rest of my body is doing fine, I guess that's normal right?
My idea is doing this everyday of the week, I'm used to physical activities cause I've been building my parent's house since I was a kid, but now this level of intensity comes with this muscle fatigue, anything I can do about it? Thanks.
>>
I hope you're wrapping your hands and wearing gloves :)
>>
Make sure youve had training and know how to actually throw punches and basic combos so youre not just flailing at the bag. Should feel it a lot in your delts from holding your hands up and extending so often
>>
>>56239485
rest baby.
>>
>>56239485
A heavy bag isn't used for strength training. You also don't work a heavy bag for that long. When you use a heavy bag, you don't refer to it as "rounds."

Just watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDyuMnCww0

but your so far gone already.
>>
>>56239730
this
big bro taught me actual form and you shouldn't feel it in the traps/back, i used to just go nuts on it but now I do it controlled and with good form and that pain is gone. refer to >>56239966 as well
>>
>>56239966
That guy sucks and so do you
>>
>>56239966
>You also don't work a heavy bag for that long.
Why not? A boxing match lasts 10 rounds. I fyou dont have a partner to spar/do mitt work with why not hit the heavy bag that long.
>>
>>56239485
>this level of intensity comes with this muscle fatigue, anything I can do about it?
Before all the shit flinging starts: BCAA
>>
>>56240329
What brainlet "gym" do you belong to where people spar 10 rounds or do mitts for that long. To answer your retarded question heavy bag work is basically one step up from shadowboxing. You use it to work on your form. It's not meant to increase your aerobic endurance. That's what long distance running/biking/rowing are for. You don't spar for ten rounds because if you did you would get so many injuries that they would never be able to heal and you would quickly end up with fucking horrible facial hernias as a result numbnuts.
>>
>>56239966
>don't work a heavy bag for that long
>12 rounds of 2-3 minutes
>24-36 minutes
>Anthony mentions he won't make you watch hm for 30 minutes, implying that's a fine time to train
>you don't refer to it as "rounds"
>Anthony: "What I'm gonna do is do one round"
Do you even watch the shit you post?
>>
>>56240581
>What brainlet "gym" do you belong to where people spar 10 rounds or do mitts for that long.
One thats not open due to covid
To answer your retarded question heavy bag work is basically one step up from shadowboxing
Right, so its the best thing you can do without a partner
>You don't spar for ten rounds because if you did you would get so many injuries that they would never be able to heal and you would quickly end up with fucking horrible facial hernias as a result numbnuts.
Where did I say you should spar for ten rounds?
>>
whats with the wannabe tough guys in this thread lol.

>hey im a boxer
>a man
>a manly man
>hear me roar

have sex incels
>>
>>56240329
>Why not? A boxing match lasts 10 rounds. I fyou dont have a partner to spar/do mitt work with why not hit the heavy bag that long.
Americans...
>>
>>56241557
Boxing is a virgin sport nowadays.
>>
>>56240581
huh? have you ever been in a boxing gym before? 10 rounds of mitts is a good day lol.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.