[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: unnamed.png (244 KB, 373x512)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
I've signed up to gyms 4 times throughout my life so far but drop out after some weeks every single time. I've always absolutely hated exercising and I'm sedentary and also a smoker. My motivation at those times would be looking good for guys but I realized this is a kinda worthless since I have an ugly face and the thought of doing it just for looks also seems a bit shallow to me, I would rather focus on other aspects of self improvement like becoming smart. The thing is that I've been thinking about my health recently and how being sedentary can have very negative effects in the upcoming future. Still, I can't feel slightly motivated to exercise. I have very bad habits in overall and I feel like I can't leave them? what can I do?

Pic related is the type of body I would like to have. Nothing very muscular and it seems to be the type that men find attractive in overall. Since I need to work out, I might combine "business with pleasure" and work towards looking somewhat like that
>>
File: 1593114050665.jpg (30 KB, 546x562)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>56239466
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl. >mfw thinking of you hurting
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting you
>>
>>56239466
I personally don't work out for looks. I work out for health and because it literally lifts my mood instantly. If you really can't find anything fun or uplifting about working out, then just give up, you will sooner or later anyways.
>>
>>56239466
Working out just to attract men is kinda cringe desu seems like a troll post
>>
File: 1235456321.jpg (108 KB, 1173x1536)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>56239466
Hang up posters and change your wallpaper to jacked dudes to remind you that you're a weak bitch.
Also listen to Wes Watson. That's what always keeps me from getting into a rut.
>>
Should I learn a martial art like Krav Maga for example? My brother is becoming fit and threatened to physically attack me a while ago. He has broken 2 of teeth when I was a kid. Would that also enhance my appearance tho? Cause most female fighters I see have too muscular bodies
>>
post breasts
>>
>>56239638

Just out of general pragmatism learning self-defense is probably something you'd want to learn if you had the means. To get a super muscular body you're going to have to be on a dedicated lifting regimen (which pro fighters would be on). But their workouts are basically their whole lives when not fighting; you'd be putting in maybe a 10th of the work per week.

Look up isolation/hypertrophy workouts, those isolate specific groups and make those larger which thots will do some variety of to develop legs/ass, but you'll still get strength gains as well.
>>
>>56239693
Thank you
>>
>>56239466
Good luck
>>
>>56239466
Try calisthenics once you get with the concept of using your arms to move your body through space, it is freeing and its own way addictive. I was never able to stay with weights, machines any of that, always lost interest. Not so with calisthenics.
>>
>>56239466
Similar experience as you with signing up to gyms multiple times. Lately though I’ve found it pretty easy to stay motivated,
I do it partly for looks and partly out of the desire to feel healthy/strong/able.

I did martial arts for years (foolishly quit early on in HS out of fear of being judged) and loved the feeling of being agile, strong/explosive and coordinated.

Sure looking good for my bf is motivating but the prospect of feeling fit, strong and escaping the long term consequences of sedentary life is what gives me that burst of motivation before and during a workout (oh and fph threads)
>>
>>56239770
I'm gonna look it up. Thanks
>>
>>56239824

> loved the feeling of being agile, strong/explosive and coordinated.

Yes, this is how I want to feel. It would improve my mental health a lot too I guess
>>
>>56239466
> be interested
> enjoy

Are you interested in brushing your teeth? Do you enjoy paying your taxes? Are you interested in going to work? Do you get excited and motivated to sleep?

My point is that you just make working out as another non-negotiable part of your life. Something you do automatically and are disciplined and conditioned to do so. Enjoyment and interest are fleeting.
>>
>>56239870

I need to enjoy cause otherwise I feel like I won't do it. That's why I only brush my teeth and sleep, but I don't work nor study
>>
>>56239466
By not being a piece of shit. In other words think of it as a good thing thing, and think of being a piece as shit as a bad thing.
>>
>>56239638
Krav maga ain't gonna cut it because it is a scam. Learn Freestyle Wrestling/American Boxing by finding a coach that will allow you to do full contact sparring. Any martial arts "teacher" that doesn't allow you to fight with other students is a total fraud and should be avoided.

Another thing to consider, since I'm assuming you're a woman: men are superior to women in strength and size, so it is absolutely important that your technique is flawless so that you don't get fucked up by an assailant
>>
>>56239892
You force yourself to do it, like doing dishes or folding laundry. Or get a bully bf to criticize you and shame you into exercising.
>>
are females really like this? all this passive aggressiveness and comments from peers and they always just do meme shit and stop after a few weeks. males are really fucking superior
>>
You're low test, OP. Forget about it.
>>
>>56239929
Yes

They are almost all extremely undisciplined and can’t think much beyond what feels good right now

> I started a new diet for the 100th time!

Every woman I know does this retarded shit and bombs hard because they’re impulsive retards who can’t set goals and make plans.
>>
>>56239908
Thanks
>>
>>56239514
this, I have an urge to do something productive after lifting
>>
>>56239952
IKR?
I got my friend into working out with some diet tips and a beginner bodyweight routine because he's weak as fuck, so I guess he told his gf about it and she tells him, no joke, "peanut butter has a lot of fat so you shouldn't eat it". besides having huge tits she's kinda chubby and it annoys me that retards fall for that type of shit without researching it. amazes me how much people don't give a shit.
>>
>>56239638
Learn Muay Thai and wrestling
It's better than lifting because it's actually functional and you'll eventually have to workout anyway
>>
>>56239466

If you want to become smarter, exercise improves brain function a lot.

Watch video below for explanation

https://youtu.be/DsVzKCk066g
As for smoking, you will 100% always be a slave to it, whether you stop smoking or not, unless you can undig the psychological hooks it has in you. I'm not talking about the chemical dependency, that is mostly bullshit, I'm talking about the fact that you've convinced yourself that you like to smoke. Please read Allen Carr's Easyway. Worst case scenario, you read it and you don't quit smoking, but you've gained some knowledge. It can be bought at any bookstore, or read for free at the PDF below.

http://prdupl02.ynet.co.il/ForumFiles_2/15119301.pdf
>>
>>56239638
Your brother sounds like a psycho. Get a real weapon.
>>
post tits whore
>>
>>56239466
Maybe try dancing? Can be good cardio and entertaining. Kick boxing is fun too, I have seen lots of women do that.
>>
Mire yourself in the mirror, see the gains and progress
Nothing gets me motivated like seeing myself grow
>>
>>56239638
Jiu jitsu
>>
Thank you all for your answers guys. One more question: Would I need the help of someone in order to achieve a good look? The fit people I know IRL all have personal trainers. When I used to go to gym I had this guy who works there orientating me at first but a while he stopped so I kept doing the same things until I droped out
>>
>>56240118
read the sticky
>>
>>56239466
>Being smart and having a good looking body are mutually exclusive
Don't lie to yourself, you lazy twat. You're not working on "becoming smart" every waking hour. More than likely you veg out on the couch on a laptop or a phone doing dumb shit like reading TEDx and pretending you're learning something.
>>
>>56240118
>I kept doing the same things until I droped out
This is your problem. Exercise becomes boring when you're not pushing yourself.

To answer that question, no you don't need anyone's help beyond correcting your form. There are countless of programs out there for any goal imaginable, with or without equipment, many telling you when to increase the difficulty and how. You don't need a personal trainer for any of that. Just someone to teach you proper form at first.
>>
>>56240118
For me, I had two logical thoughts that led me to incorporate exercise into my life. First, learning about the very basic cause-and-effect between exercise and reduced risk of heart attack. Imagine your body like a machine. Our arteries clog up with plaque over time, just like any other machine. BUT by exercising, your blood pumps faster and more powerfully through your arteries and gets that shit cleared up a bit. Doing that on a regular basis will keep your body in good working order. Even if it's speed walking or following a short workout video at home, don't rely on gyms at first. The second reason is for financial purposes. Poor health is obviously very costly. My father is in his 60s, exercises five times a week and is on absolutely no prescription medications. Simple as that. He's an inspiration to me to exercise because all the other dads I know have failing bodies and rely on a bunch of different medications just to function day-to-day. It's sad.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.