[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: new-troy-kettlebell.jpg (27 KB, 800x800)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I live on the middle of nowhere and there is no gym to be found in a reasonable distance, so normal lifting is out of the question.
I don't really wish to be B I G, I let myself go in the past couple of years and just want to be healthy again.
How big of a meme is kettlebell training? Because there is a dude nearby who teaches that stuff.
>>
>>49118039
Pretty based actually. Kettlebell used properly has a variety of great exercises.
>>
>>49118039
whats the advantage of using a kettlebell over regular dumbbells?
>>
>>49118132
None too obvious advantages, but it is easier to swing, making up for other kinds of functional exercises
>>
>>49118132
I'm op sondont know much about lifting weights
But I read that bc the weight distribution is uneven it works the stabilizers more and trains the wrist and grip strength more than a regular dumbell
>>
Not a meme it’s pretty versatile. That + calisthenics can get you to a good place.
>>
>>49118039
Kettlebells are based.
Don't take a class unless you think of yourself as completely clueless. Or start yourself and then take an intermediate/advanced class.
You have the internet. Just cross reference everything.
>>
Do calisthenics. All you really need is a pullup bar. A parallel bar for dips would be nice too.
>>
>>49118269
it makes no appreciable difference compared to dbs
kb training is basically crossfit but worse

do wrestling or other grappling instead

if that's unavailable do whatever, kbs are ok, better than nothing definitely
kb class will probably be good because you will probably end up doing more than at home but shit because the instrucctor probably has 0 idea what he is doing
>>
>>49118039
look up Keith Weber videos on kettle bells. That dude is fucking jacked.
>>
>>49118039
Kettle bells are great. Loads of exercises to do with them. https://youtu.be/cKx8xE8jJZs
I would also do calisthenics. Get a nice pull up bar. Good luck brother and don't look for instant gratification. Over time you'll progress.
>>
>>49118039
Well you aren't gonna get big with a kettlebell but you sure can get fit with one.
You can pay the dude to show you how to do swings, snatches and rgu, then drop him and buy your own kb.
Dont forget to do liss cardio alongside sprints and kb work. You'll get lean pretty quickly I should think.
>>
Thank you my dudes, I'll look into it

>>49118672
>Dr Pavel
>>
>>49119385
Pavel god
>>
>>49118039
One word
Iron Loo
>>
>>49118289
Not OP but would yoga work as calisthenics or is that a meme?
>>
>>49120155
Yoga is calisthenics and is probably a good thing for everybody to do (personally I find it incredibly boring), but it's a very bad way to build muscle after the first three months. Also be aware that it vsaries between meditating to doing a bunch of pushups.

Kettlebells are a meme that I thought was dead. Shit is pointless just get a dumbbell. That said if you already have them, sure they're heavy and you can use them to exercise.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.