[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Raised heels are so fucking gay. Height frauding is gay. Like I cant see one instance where a man needs a raised heel. Shame on functional boots theyre always on them. Which is kinda stupid because if youre being functional and stooping down im sure those heels will fuck you up.

And if youre ashamed of your height youre just low-t.

Cant find a damn pair of engineer boots without them either which are like the most functional boots.
>>
>>17358395
>Shame on functional boots theyre always on them
>Didn't work day in his life

If heels make you "gay" it's probably because you already look like fag OP
>>
File: original.jpg (214 KB, 1000x1000)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
That's why you go full monty OP
>>
>>17358435
You don't need a heel as big as the opening image for any kind of work. Anything really going over an inch is silly.

>>17358448
I would respect a dude going total fruit flamboyant than a dude trying to go half ass pretending he doesnt look gay.
>>
>>17358395
Nah, you're just a pussy to pull them off. I'm wearing high heeled cowboy shoes and can pull them off.
>>
>>17358395
High heels was fashion back in the victorian era when pavement was shit. High heel is actually functional in many cases.
>>
>>17358467
Cowboy boots sre at least functions gor riding horses. Which was part of their intention.

Also, those are the most basic bitch style boots ever. Anyone can "pull them off".

>>17358472
Ehh. Source? Heels arent exactly good for doing real work, aka not "work" as in a slave job that requires you to stand all day.
>>
>>17358483
Source on them being fashion back in Victorian era? You can look at ads and surviving shoes pre 20s, they often feature high heels.

You are right on high heels not being appropriate for modern jobs that require you to stand all day, but saying they are “not functional” is a broad stroke. High, scooped heel is useful for walking on steep, uneven terrain, useful for locking your foot into saddle or telephone pole’s rungs.
>>
>>17358490
Not saddle, I mean stirrups. In fact, historically, men were the one to bring high heels into fashion. High heels riding boots were part of their military uniform. Women copied it and kept it till today.
>>
>>17358490
>>17358492
Yes Im not debating men started the trend and women take the trend and make it retarded, but under most circumstanes heels dont do much and I see there being more adverse effects to your health.

Like you can make the argument for walking up inclines, but then what about bending over, crouching, etc. Seems more adverse. Heels that are big I only see as a corporate gimmick, like a symbol of working a corporate job.

And as a side note I always find it funny the height difference once someone takes off their boots. Knew one guy who seemed tall untill he took them off and returned to average height.
>>
I use my heels at work, its really good for driving a shovel down and kicking through hard dirty
>>
>>17358526
Fuck you iPhone for correcting dirt to dirty
>>
>>17358521
Im not making any hypothetical arguments. I’m pointing out that for a limited section of trades, high heel does serve a functional purpose, which is why they are present. You are being hyperbolic with your statement.

But the general sentiment is correct. Yes, for the large part of the population, one does not need heel.

Then again, who care? They are fashion. Ever since they entered court wear, then civilian wear, they are mainly for fashion. If one can make a good outfit with heel, then why not?
>>
>>17358526
>>17358527

Imagine if that was on purpose. Gimme your hard dirty bb
>>
>>17358526
Well at least thats good.

>>17358535
For fashion, but at what cost? Is your hips and knees worth the cost?

Not in my book. Its like wearing plastic clothing. If youre going for fashion just go for a pointed toe, that to my knowledge doesnt deform you.

Even then somethings for fashion seem off when you think of it. Like Im considering harness boots as an alternative to engineer boots but to my knowledge the harness serves no purpose, which is ehh.
>>
>>17358539
I got some hard dirty packed and ready to slide through
>>
>>17358542
Buy from Bespoke bootmaker and trust them on doing heels properly.
People who bought from bespoke cowboy bootmakers said everything is comfortable.
>>
>>17358395
Have you ever heard the expression "dig your heels in"? It is referring to heels like that. They provide a great deal of traction on soft ground. You would know this if you ever worked outdoors. Heels also prevent your foot from slipping through a stirrup when on horseback, which can easily break your leg. Heels will stop you from slipping off the rungs of a ladder if it's wet. Engineer boots were originally made for railroad workers who had to climb on slick greasy locomotives in all weather conditions. Now they're mostly sold to bikers, who like the heels because they help keep their feet on the pegs. That's just a few of the reasons why they exist. If none of these things apply to you, there are planty of styles of footwear with low or minimal heels. Or you could commission a custom boot maker to build you a pair of boots with a low heel. I've seen some very nice custom Wesco engineer boots with low heals.
>>
>>17358521

You sound more conscious of other men's heels and height than the men wearing boots, nothing is faggier than a bitchy man who spends this much time obsessing over other men.
A heel on a boot just works and the design has worked for hundreds of years, most men don't think twice about it. Most people don't care or even look at your feet, other than fags and women judging other women.
>>
File: 9905879086.jpg (168 KB, 748x760)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>17358395
>>17358435
i really dislike heels
most of my boots have them and like >>17358459 says they don't need to be more than an inch
i recall originally they're just meant for riding horses, they work for ladders in the modern era but i do both of those things very rarely, and you don't even need that much of a heel to do either anyway, but i do work
my flat boots with like half an inch of recess in the middle making a heel technically, work just fine for ladders

i also have some fancy western boots with an absurd heel to them, literally makes it almost impossible to walk in them, i have to walk like a lady in high heels
i'm planning to cut them down eventually, i only paid 6 bucks at a garage sale for them so not a big deal
>>
>>17358467
looks gay as fuck
>>
>>17358395
Normal boots add maybe 1/4" at most more than the sneakers and shoes most men wear in fashionable places, and much less than what most women wear. Do you also think most people wearing jackets are trying to "shoulder fraud," or that most people wear cologne are trying to "smell fraud?"
>>
>>17358483
>Heels arent exactly good for doing real work, aka not "work" as in a slave job that requires you to stand all day
Vintage firefighter boots
>>
>>17358869
>Do you also think most people wearing jackets are trying to "shoulder fraud,"
if they literally have padding in them, yes
i have two leather jackets, they both have some kind of foam in the shoulders specifically to make them look bigger

> or that most people wear cologne are trying to "smell fraud?"
not the same, everyone knows they smell like shit naturally, that would be like saying showers are cleanliness fraud
>>
>>17358892
Dude, padding and canvas in the shoulders for bespoke suit is pretty standard.
Nothing fraudy about shaping one’s body in an aesthetic shape.
>>
>>17359009
that's literally the definition of fraud, you tiny retard
>>
>>17359035
Isn’t the whole fashion thing is about clothing yourself in a way that create aesthetic silhouette?
I think you have a mental issue or some weird complex.
>>
>>17358467
Cowboy boots don't actually add that much height, especially not the roper boots most people wear. They look like they've got big heels from the outside but the sole on the inside is so thin that they barely make you any taller than a lot of modern sneakers or hiking boots or whatever, to some degree it's actually more that they've got a lower toe than most shoes instead of a higher heel.

>>17358483
Personally I find low heeled boots really comfortable for all day wear, the slight downward tilt they give your foot balances the weight out better. I used to wear Iron Rangers as actual work boots when I worked in a fabrication shop where I was on my feet on a hard concrete floor all day and my feet were way less miserable at the end of the day than they were in sneakers or regular work boots.
>>
>>17358892
>if they literally have padding in them, yes
That's just a stylistic thing, and had nothing to do with a particular buyer wanting to hide narrow shoulders.

>not the same, everyone knows they smell like shit naturally, that would be like saying showers are cleanliness fraud
But that's the point, nearly everyone is wearing something giving a height boost roughly equivalent to standard boots. "Frauding" requires something that beats the average, like very tall cuban heels or running shoes with 1.5" of foam.
>>
>>17359045
fashion is about having your clothing look good
altering the way your physique looks is completely different

putting a sock in your pants to look like you have a bigger cock is not fashion, it's fraud
>>
>>17359117
That has to be the most deranged thing I hear this month.

You do realize clothing looks good because they shape the body right?
>>
>>17358747
Informative post my friend, thank you.
>>
File: imageService.jpg (8 KB, 300x300)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>17359071
>>17358857
>>17358747

What boots would you recommend for someone who does a lot of walking, both on paved areas and in dirt rural areas in all types of weather. As well as doing some aethletic questionable things like climbing up rocks or running or climbing buildings.

Personally in regards to boot style I've settled on a full leather style with no laces, since water/snow it would be more weather resistant. But those styles also have minimal padding which would be ideal for long walks and movement. A Harness/Engineer/Jackboot/cowboy style. Nazis seemed to have it figured out since their soldiers almost destroyed half the world.

Hiking boots are out of the question because of the laces and the general synthetic bullshit materials as well as generally being disposable.

Engineers seemed the most ideal because of the strap addition, but those big ass heels would get in the way.

Maybe I'll settle for a leather wellington type since those have smaller heels.
>>
>>17359663
https://www.amazon.com/EVER-BOOTS-Insulated-Construction-Darkbrown/dp/B01AVBLZHO
these are the boots i was talking about that don't *really* have a heel
they're not super good and i only paid 30 bucks for them but they've lasted at least 3 years and are incredibly comfy
they also used to be waterproof but after a year the stitching seems to have gotten loose or something, so i cant use them in even grass with dew without getting soggy feet
haven't been able to remedy that yet

i did get some german jungle boots from kommandostore a while back also, those aren't as supple but if you get some good insoles they'd work really well, though water will be able to come through the vents, unless you sealed them with silicone or something
i love walking in those but i don't want to risk water coming through them so i wont wear them in fall through spring generally, but the vents are high enough not to be a problem in wet grass, and in dusty areas they don't gather too much dirt inside
>>
>>17358542
Just wear some fucking trainers if you're so worried about muh feet
>>
>>17359815
I already have trainers I use for boxing and exercise, ya dunce. Not everything is good for every occasion, a shoe is almost like a tool.
>>
File: IMG_0775.jpg (134 KB, 1000x970)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>17359663
I love my Ariat Heritage Ropers. They're comfy as fuck once broken in, like the manly equivalent of uggs or some shit, and with pants over them they're nondescript enough that they're not super obviously cowboy boots. Ariat insoles are really good too and they sell exact replacement ones so you don't have to fuck around with universal garbage when you wear them out. (Took me about a year and a half.) They've also got decent tread compared to "real" cowboy boots, break in quick, and can be decently waterproofed with spray-on stuff. (Anywhere that sells them probably sells the spray.)
>>
>>17359807
Good for some cheapies. Unfortunetly I need something that goes bove the ankle but not the knee.

I might get some jungle boots too, the thing about jungle boots is theyre almost meant to get wet, they have those holes and the canvas so they can dry quickly. But yeah in the winter those holes would be annoying, which is the only drawback I have with them.

>>17359889
Cool, do they slide around your feet much or run big? Personally I think those types pf boots look best with pants tucked in. At least thats how I plan on doing them so that pants dont get dirty. Lack of yread has always been my problem with cowboy boots.
>>
>>17359908
those boots go do above the ankle

also just remembered i got some other boots i absolutely love, they're danners, called jackals or something, hunting boots
i got them at a garage sale for 2 bucks, previously owner put some wear on them, has a couple repairs, and the liner is loose at the toe, but they still work completely fine, never had boots like these before but it makes me understand why people would pay so much money for certain boots, these things are so fucking lightweight and well fitting, it feels like i'm just wearing some thick wool socks and the way they slip on and off feels like actual magic
i'm sure you could easily waterproof them, if they aren't waterproofed when new, though i've not tested them out in wet conditions yet

i used them while doing some work on a roof the other day and they excelled at that
>>
>>17359937
Yeah but I mean way above the ankle, like 10-12inch height at least. But yeh good leather boots liie those the leather should be thicker but also more breathable. Hence why ppl resole them and pay like 80 bucks to do it and last a life time
>>
File: RW1002-e1639856021789.png (608 KB, 1000x1000)
608 KB
608 KB PNG
>>17359908
They fit perfectly and run true to size. Be prepared for them to feel slightly too small when brand new, and for them to fit differently than other boots you've tried once they're broken in.
Wearing pants inside your boots is a pretty major faux pas though, obviously it doesn't matter if you're actually out in the field doing work but as a fashion thing it's pretty much exclusively something women do and people may give you some strange looks.

As for the sole, they don't have amazing tread, but better than the usual cowboy boots and the material is pretty grippy. If you feel like you need a really knobby grippy sole, though, western work boots are a thing. A lot of brands make them, but one in particular I might look at is R. Watson (pic related), I've heard really good things about them and the ones I looked at in a local store seemed really nice.
>>
>>17358395
you sound like an upset 6ft king of manlets.
shut up little guy
>>
I'm 6'6 and if I could find size 14 platform boots that didn't have fake platforms like the one's I did buy I'd wear them just to piss you off.
>>
The heel is to help relieve stress on the legs when you're standing a long time plus the heel helps with things like ladders and stirrup.
>>
>>17359663
>walking
Anything with a roper heel.
>>
>>17359117
go out wearing bin bags and see how good your body looks you fucking spacker. Clothes make your body look good by being complimentary and enhancing your features. You should need to pass an IQ test to use the internet.
>>
File: 1654735510706.jpg (184 KB, 523x575)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>17358395
im 6'3 barefoot, wear boots with 1.5 inches at 3 inch lifts. i just like to be taller
>>
File: 1654130559739.jpg (61 KB, 1000x743)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>17358395

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.