[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Did the skincare general die?

Anyway, asking here, I went to a cosmetician for the first time and she sold me a bunch of cremes but she didnt have any skin scrub or moisturizer
I went to the store but they had 50 different version of each and I couldnt tell the difference, so I left
What do I need to look out for when buying them?
>>
>>17346906
kek you just got scammed buddy boy
>>
Looking for skincare routine, anyone recommend me some brands, routines ?
I wash my face every night with a face wash that has those little bits in it and then moisturise after towel pyt48sdab dry.
>>
anyone got experience with this? i like their shampoo well enough and was looking to switch up my skin care products so wondering whether this'd be worth the buy
>>
also looking for an affordable moisturising sunscreen/moisturiser with like 30 spf, preferably without any sort of benzyls or alcohols as they irritate the dry skin around my eyes. any help with that'd be welcome too
>>
>>17347153
cetaphil sunscreen, they have different ones depending on if you had redness, oily skin, etc
>>
Is going to a cosmetician better than going to a derm?
>>
>>17347407
From my experiences most derms dont give a shit unless it looks life threatening (and even then they let skin cancer pass through all the time)
One told me having acne in my late 20s was normal for instance

I prefer cosmetician and only see a derm if she thinks I should go too
>>
>>17347273
looks decent enough, ty
>>
Why are you all afraid of exfoliating?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Imagine being a man and using face cremes lmao
You think you are pic related
>>
File: 1567045303231.jpg (33 KB, 629x505)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>17347449
>tfw in my late 20s and acne is still crazy
What do, /fa/?
>>
>>17347768
Do you have oily, dry, or combo skin?
>>
>>17346906
Lol wtf am I reading…?
She sold you cremes but not moisturizers? Also didn’t sell you scrubs?
Boy oh boy….
Creme = moisturizer
Scrub= terrible for face. Use chemical exfoliants instead

Also OP pic is what they use in hell to accentuate the permanently damaged look
>>
>>17348252
100%. Physical exfoliators are scams that ruin your face more so you buy more. Use liquid exfoliators (AHA/BHA's), always.
>>
>>17348254
> scams that ruin your face more so you buy more
Thats every face creme, including your aha and bha shit
>>
>>17348303
>buys shitty products
>thinks he gets scammed bc they don’t work
>>
So whats the go to for sunscreen nowadays?
>>
guys where do I get retin-a (tretinoin) online in the u.s.?
>>
>>17346906
Got some Vichi deep wrinkle cream. But have been told that it's bad for your skin in you use it while still young.

Is this true?
>>
I use this. Is it kek or cringe?
>>
>>17349057
I just use long sleeve shirts. Linen is pretty good for hot days
>>
Whats a good beard oil?

The department szore crap just makes me itch
>>
>>17346906
Can I get thoughts and suggestions on my skincare routine

AM:
random cheap facial cleanser from the drug store
Unscented toner
Cerave moisturizer

PM:
The Ordinary retinol that might have lost its effect because i didnt refridgerate it
More moisturizer
>>
>>17349373
are you hispanic? I've used it too trying to treat dark spots on my chest and back but I don't think it's done anything, and as a matter of fact, a lot of other things I've tried seem to not have done anything. I'm american so I don't have insurance or money to go to a dermatologist
>>
>>17347744
He's literally me
>>
>>17347768
Get vitamin E oil and use creams that include it
>>
>>17349816
my fellow hispanic bros. don't fall for the wive's tales and snakeoil our retard parents are always memed into. Just get a retinoid and sunscreen, let us not perpetuate their stupidity.
>>
>>17349311
I know one of you niggers know tell me or I'll shit up the board with a thread.
>>
My cosmetician told me to use glycolic acid

Should I change to AHA BHA instead?
It is a lot more expensive especially at 30% concentrate. Any recs for specific brands to get?
>>
>>17347744
yes
>>
>>17347744
I'm literally the guy in the pic
>>
If this is the new general, gonna ask here too.
I have eczema, it runs in my family and I've been testing and have no allergies, this shit is just genetic for me which sucks.
Anyone with eczema have results from OTC shit? I've only ever been to doctor's who give me the same E45, hydromol, etc. The hydromol is really good at soothing skin but I have to apply it all the time.
Also does anyone know what to do about hyperpigmentation? The dark patches make me feel ugly and all I can find online is alternative bullshit.
Already do keto which helps but I still eat rice since it cutting it out has no effect.
>>
>>17346906
I don't bother with skincare anymore since I found what works for me. I used to use atleast 6 products a day and now I just use a cleansing balm + physical exfoiliator at the same time every 3 days or so and my skin is clear now. I use a cheap caffeine serum when I need to look nicer since I notice it depuffs my face though. Moisturizer if I need it.
>>
What do you guys think of the tretinoin+neutrogena combo for skin care? I'm also using hyauluric acid and hydrolized collagen supplements.
>>
This skin cycling meme really needs to stop
>>
>>17346906
my skin is just peeling non stop on products what should i do ? iv'e been using slaicylic and exfolriation
>>
How bad does your face look after Micro needling? I need to know if I'll have to take time off work.

Yes I do care what people think about me.
>>
>>17352904
I’ve only done it on my nose and the area was red for two/three days.
>>
File: 1656307404498.png (242 KB, 666x666)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>see that Laneige lip mask getting memed everywhere
>finally decide to buy it
>it does nothing
>aquaphor is better as an overnight mask
fucking 24 dollars wasted. never again will I let Sydney Sweeney's magnificent tits sway my financial decision-making

anyways my acne started getting really bad about this time last year. I have no idea what it could be, I started getting into skincare because suddenly I had 2-3 new pimples every morning. everything I try seems to work for a bit but then it comes back in full force. I'm losing my shit because I saw some pictures from a year or two ago and I had such clear, smooth skin. my diet hasn't changed since then so I'm at a loss.

for the last year I've been throwing everything I read about at it and nothing works. I tried benzoyl peroxide after reading it's the be-all-end-all for acne, results were promising for about a week then acne came back. I tried african black soap and though it seems to have lightened my acne scars and the acne seemed to start clearing for about a week, I'm now waking up with a few new pimples every day.
>>
>>17352585
This. Becauae of this thread I started using a bunch of cremes and now my skin is super dry and flaky
>>
>>17353489
Not so bad. No peeling? Did you go somewhere to have it done professionally?
>>
>>17347449
>>17350639
Where can i find a cosmetician? I searched for one on Apple Maps but all i got was beauty salons.
>>
i use a £2 nivea night moisturiser with a vitamin c oil every 3 days, tkmaxx has good skincare for much cheaper than the original retail price
>>
>>17346906
Try la roche posay’s gentle hydrating cleanser. It works great and doesn’t strip skin of oils making it more red, dry and more prone to breakouts
>>
>>17346906
>>17347048
>Face scrub for the shower
>Get out and use a facial cleanser
>Use a non alcohol toner
>Use a hydrating lotion
>Use sunscreen
>Optional face mask once a week
Bam, great skin. I just use the toner and lotion and look great. Don't overthink things
>>
>>17353627
I went to a dermatologist, yeah. Was advised to have it done in the colder seasons so it didn’t discolor from the sun or something. I went for a little bump on my nose. After a few sessions it was completely gone. But this was my experience, each skin is different so just call a local derma and ask if they can take a look at it.
>>
>>17346906
i thought my teeth were white until i washed my face with noxzema. they are not white, they're off white. i'm not even white, i'm off white.
it is a new race, we will prevail!
>>
>>17352585
>>17353613
If you exfoliate you should use a moisturizer afterwards because they can be very drying as you noticed. Watch some videos or read up on chemical exfoliating so you know what product to buy because you might’ve bought something for oily skin while yours is dry. It’s pretty simple though.

A little advice: Your skin isn’t used to chemical exfoliating in the beginning so you build it up (every two days or 1/2 a week). In the beginning it can be very flaky or it feels like a bad reaction. From what I understand that’s because it goes deep into your skin, cleaning it all and so the deep underlying filth goes up to the surface of your skin. As for the flaky skin that has to do with it getting rid of dead skin. Before I bought an exfoliate I read the reviews and it’s all people saying you have to push through the bad part to get to the good. Once all that filth is gone, been moisturizing and have a routine it should improve from there on out. Hope that helps.
>>
>>17350403
Doesn’t Paula’s Choice have one? Can’t go wrong with them and they sell products Amazon.
>>
>>17354675
is a toner really that significant?
>>
File: 1666557601759517.jpg (44 KB, 960x951)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
I got tretinoin 0.050, am I supposed to apply moisturizer before or after?
>>
>>17346906# Accutane works, you don't have to take it for long.
>>
>>17355038
moisturize after, or both if after isn't cutting it. gotta wait a while if you moisturize beforehand
>>
>>17354798
These are the kind of results I'm looking for, lucky you.

If I get it done I'll do it around this winter too. I'm only worried about the possible hyper pigmentation. If I get it I'm not sure if it'll ever fade away.
>>
>>17347702
because i don't even know if i'm doing it properly
i just put a few dabs on a cotton pad and wipe my face with it. it hasn't done anything negative but it hasn't done anything good to my face, or at least i haven't noticed any changes
>>
>>17351382
>physical exfoiliator
Which one is recommended?

Also where to buy tretinoin online in Europe?
>>
>>17347768
i had the same problem. just bought treatment cream from acne.org because it's cheap and effective. used it for about a month and it went away. i have mild acne, just a few spots here and there, but it should work on every level just with different doses.
>>
>>17355170
I had it done this Fall. And even if you get hyper pigmentation there are treatments for that too, both at a derma or over the counter products, so I think you'll be fine.
>>
>>17347768
paula's choice 2bha might help
>>
>>17355541
Thanks! I wasn't going to do it but you've given me the faith. It's going to be a big spend for me though.
>>
does vitamin C serum actually work? do i have to apply something else along with it?
>>
>>17346906
>>17347046
>>17347048
>>17347091
>>17347153
>>17347273
>>17347449
>>17347692
>>17347702
>>17347744
>>17347768
>>17348252
>>17348254
>>17349057
>>17349311
>>17349373
All of you faggots in this thread, there’s only 1 good skin care routine and it’s:
Cleanser x2 a day
Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% 2x after cleanser, start very small
Moisturizer after BP has dried off. It’s the acne org routine. After everything has been faded and if you’re still left with some hyperpigmentation, then you can use meme products like retinols with it.
>>
>>17355038
>I got tretinoin 0.050,
Where did you buy it?
>>
Opinions on glycolic acid?
>>
>>17357057

I live in argentina, I got it at a pharmacy, they don't ask for medical prescriptions here.
>>
is vitamin c serum in the form of sodium ascorbyl phosphate any good?

I've heard claims that anything that's not l-ascorbic acid is not effective.
>>
>>17346906
Can vitamins/supplements cause acne? I started taking vitamins like two months ago and I've been having cystic acne. I'm taking a regular multivitamin and Maca root. I'm not sure if it's from the vitamins or the change in weather. It's pretty fucking bad though. My skincare routine hasn't changed at all.
>>
>>17359821
Oh and I always have like one or two pimples but recently I'm having like new ones every day. I have like 4 right now. All on my chin/mouth area. Pretty painful too
>>
I've had laugh lines since young age, is there an inexpensive way to get rid of them?
>>
>>17359833

nigger cum
>>
>>17359833
A retinoid can reduce them after a couple of months. Also wear sunscreen
>>
>>17361104
even differen gel (adapalene 0.1%)?
>>
I might ask something very dumb but please bear with me.
1. Can I use body moisturizing cream like pic related on my hands, or do I need one for hands specifically since palm skin is different?
2. Should I use body moisturizing cream like pic related on my crotch and armpits after shaving them? Everyone makes a big deal out of moisturizing face after shaving but I've never heard anyone mention it for body shaving. I feel like I always have irritated skin after shaving there, would a moisturizer help with that?
>>
>>17362062
>1.
Yes, no problem with that, i use the exact same moisturizer for the back of my hands
>2.
No idea to be honest, i never do that. Just try it, the worst that can happen is a minor stinging
>>
>>17361173
Yes, not as effective as tretinoin but it should absolutely help you over time
>>
Are eye creams a meme? What do they add that regular moisturizer doesn't already do?
>>
>>17346906
Would you say this is a good skincare routine for someone with mild rosacea at 31 years old?

-Cleanse with sulfur soap
-Tone with Nivea sensitive skin toner
-Moisturize with Nivea Q10 and vitamin c firming cream
-Apply Loreal men's vitalift pro-retinol cream to face and neck
-exfoliate every two weeks with st ives apricot scrub(exfoliating once a week is too harsh on my skin).
>>
File: 20221126_211156.jpg (2.88 MB, 4128x3096)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
>>17346906
>sauna
>cold showers
>aloe vera
>>
>>17362486
>apricot scrub

Don’t do it. It’s far too abrasive even for physical exfoliants. Use chemical exfoliants or a less abrasive physical exfoliant if you can find one.
>>
>>17349816>>17350402
>>17350402
yeah I'm Hispanic. I have very dry skin and this pomade actually works for me, but I don't really like how it smells or feels. I've tried more runny/liquid lotion before but it doesn't seem to protect me as much as the pomade.
>>
>>17362512
Fuck I wish I lived in snowland where saunas are more common.
How do you use the aloe vera though?
>>
>>17346906
Thats literally snake oil
Just wash your face with water like your ancestors did.
All that shit does is dry out your skin and makes room for more oil to build up under the dry skin
>>
>>17351004
Ive had it my whole life. Its permanent. Its a type of herpes. All you can do is put itch cream on it and try not to take really hot showers
>>
File: t5e.png (728 KB, 570x844)
728 KB
728 KB PNG
Anyone have pics like this where only certain body parts are sun exposed or moisturized or otherwise treated, and you can see a notable difference?

picrel, truckers face after being exposed to sun on only one side of face for decades
>>
Question

What retinol should I buy for night use?
I've been struggling with acne for decades and recently cleaned up my routine and it's helped quite a bit.
I've got
>Aloe vera for moisturiser
>Cerave cleanser and
>Micellar water cleanser (don't trust the water quality here)
>Benozyl peroxide
>Mycin

I want to use the above for AM and most of it plus retinol for PM but complete noob at retinols.
Basically took me 10 years to figure out this:
>>17356550
>>
>>17365348
Just tret bro lmao
>>
>>17356550
>Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% 2x after cleanser, start very small
Why should I use this shit? I don't have acne
>>
>>17347744
i'm sorry that i wish to remain youthful?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.