[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why do people wear jeans? Do they just not think about it too much? Do they not realize jeans are a very uncomfy option intended as workwear?

"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots."
>>
Idk man I have one pair of jeans that's really comfortable. Probably my go to pants. Fits well but a lot of crotch room. Hate it when I can feel pants splitting my ball sack.
>>
>>17013844
For me, it's relaxed fit
>>
>>17013848
Not OP. I'm having EXTREMELY hard time finding pants with crotch room. Is bespoke the only way?
>>
>>17013868
You need to find higher waists. Stop buying slim fit. By regular fit. Tailor them and the hems if you find it too wide if you have to, costs like 8 bucks at your local Turkish tailor
>>
I just gave up on jeans on /fa/'s advice long ago. I still have a pair for informal occasions: I go to a DIY store, browser their tiny clothing section, and usually buy Rica Lewis at 15€ each.
>>
>>17013868
Stop buying slim fit stuff and go with looser more draping fabrics like wool and linen/hemp.
>>
>>17013868
Don't buy shit with elastane.
A lot of lower end fast fashion brands just undersize their clothes and then load them up with elastane so they stretch as needed and give the majority of people a somewhat okay fit.
Measure yourself and look for pants without stretch and you will never have those issues again.
>>
>>17013844
"people" don't think about what they wear, they just wear whatever everyone else wears; so whatever the media says, and if the media advertises jeans then that is what they will wear
>>
>>17013844
Jeans are very comfy, you're buying the wrong brands, or you're fat. Jeans last longer than other shit.
>>
>>17013868
Just get a cage.
>>
>>17013972
Jeans don't "last longer than other shit".
You are brainwashed by media and hearsay and have no idea what you are talking about.

Modern jeans are all made with cotton and varying amounts of elastane for stretch, they do not last longer than other types of similarly manufactured trousers.
Over a century ago jeans USED to be made from thick heavy rugged hemp, which is where that reputation for being indestructible originally comes from. Those jeans were also heavy and scratchy as all hell and if someone made them nowadays next to nobody would buy them anymore with how uncomfortable they were.
>>
>do people not realize guns are actually fireworks because gunpowder was invented for fireworks
shut the fuck up denim autist.
>>
>>17013972
>>17013972
>Jeans last longer than other shit.
they are literally made to wear down fast nowadays lmao
why do you think jeans show patterns and creasing so quickly?
they are woven loosely and in such a way that the strands purposefully rub against each other
they rub against each other which causes them to get damaged slowly shaving off more and more of the thread and the dye causing those distressed color patterns and eventually holes

the genius is that fast fashion brands managed to make that wear and tear "fashionable" so they can purposefully make pants that wear out quickly so you have to buy jeans more often and people are actually excited about it lmao
>>
>>17014743
>the genius is that fast fashion brands managed to make that wear and tear "fashionable" so they can purposefully make pants that wear out quickly so you have to buy jeans more often and people are actually excited about it lmao
Take your meds anon.
>>
>>17013844
where can I find low rise straight jeans?
>>
File: 9M1NN0n.png (100 KB, 735x720)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>17013889
How'd you know where I'm from? Can you read through ESL?
>>
Denim lasts way longer than other materials and rarely has to be washed.

>>17013867
Fpbp.
>>
>>17014833
Kek
>>
>>17013898
this. they're jeggings if they have elastane
>>
>>17013844
jeans are very comfy
>>
>>17014731
Mine don't stretch and are thick, heavy and rough.
>>
Because people just don't know what else to wear.
>>
>>17013844
Awww look at the little baby with pussy legs who can't handle denim
>>
>>17013844
>why
They are hard wearing and you don't need to wash them
>>
>>17013844
I wear them sometimes to avoid the overdressing impression - even my best jackets don't look like try-hard with them.
>>
>>17013844
As opposed to what? Sportswear? Pardon my french but ça fait trop tiep de porter un jogging poto.
>>
I love jeans, I have Oni, Tanuki, and Naked and Famous jeans and they are basically the only pants I wear apart from sweatpants at home. They are super comfy and look great.

Cope and seethe nerds.
>>
jeans get u pussy
>>
jeans are meant for poor blue collar filth
>>
File: 20220414_205324.jpg (2.23 MB, 2363x3254)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
they make my ass look good imo
>>
>>17013844
Yep I can't stand denim, moleskin is much better.
Stronger and comfier, looks better too. Great for both working and going to town.
>>
>>17013844
>Do they not realize jeans are a very uncomfy option intended as workwear?
Here we go again with the larp argument...
Which is extremely retarded since pretty much every piece of clothing was design for a specific purpose, not only jeans.
>very uncomfy
People nowadays call "jeans" shit that is barely jeans, with all the plastic and elastic that is added to the mix.
This is very american, transforming everything in loungewear and obviously making the sizing more forgiving with elastic so people can cope by buying a smaller size, which they are already being lied to because of all the vanity sizing going around.
>>
>>17014768
That's literally how it works, anon.
Modern jeans are woven diagonally layered in such a way to facilitate the twill's threads to rub against each other as much as possible, which is why you get those distressed patterns where the dye rubbed off the threads and the threads start to fray so much faster than with quite literally any other type of weave.
Most jeans ARE made to wear out quickly.

>>17014849
>and rarely has to be washed.
Denim is still just cotton anon.
They need to be washed just as often as any other type of cotton pants.
This isn't wool that is fairly self regulating with anti-bacterial properties and is fine with just being aired out every now and then, your jeans are going to absolutely reek if you don't regularly wash them.
>>
I personally don't like the way they feel and I'll never get over the texture, but as far as looks go there's nothing wrong with them. It gives normies a chance to incorporate a new color of pants in their wardrobe when otherwise they would be wearing black and khaki pants their entire lives. My mom strictly wears jeans for comfort reasons and has done this for my entire life, so maybe, just maybe, it comes down to personal preference and it literally doesn't fucking matter outside of your autistic brain?
>>
>>17015757
>My mom strictly wears jeans for comfort reasons
Because she is retarded and has been brainwashed into thinking her 15$ walmart jeans are comfortable when she's never bought a solid pair of pants in her life.
>>
>>17015783
this
>>
>>17015783
If she finds them comfortable why does it matter? My mom also has a decent amount of money so she isn't buying jeans from Walmart. She's certainly worn other types of pants, but when she's lounging around her house reading a book or watching tv she's wearing jeans.
>>
I would be concerned if my mum wore jeans, don't want everyone to stare at her dump truck.
>>
>>17015757
Texture sensory issues are usually a sign of autism. rip.
>>
>>17016110
Yeah it's definitely possible I'm autistic. Already accepted that I might be considering my dad is but I generally don't care and I have a few autistic traits. If I do it doesn't seem to be a bad case of it.
>>
>>17013868
>it's another "non-White dudes buy skinny jeans without realizing why the people wearing skinny jeans are attractive" thread
>>
>>17016158
Nah man, I've ditched the skinny fit after I had started to embrace my masculinity/working out/cold approaching.
>>
>>17016158
Holy cringe batman
>>
>>17013844
Boot cut is best cut.
>>
>>17013844
It looks normal.
>>
Jeans are outdated.
>>
>>17015953
oedipus complex?
>>
i hate you retards
>>
File: mW9EiyF.jpg (300 KB, 1080x1080)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>17014731

You don't know shit.

There's plenty of brands out there that still make denim the oldschool way but a poorfag like you wouldn't be able to afford them.

I own several pairs of OrSlow 105's and they're all insanely comfortable and durable (and also high rise).
>>
>>17019681
Of course there's still designers that make good jeans, nobody is denying that. 99.9% of jeans being made, and sorry to say, worn by people on this board do not fall under that.
OrSlow uses Japanese Denim as far as I'm aware by the way, which is cotton, not hemp. Not that that's a bad thing, fuck hemp jeans, but calling it the "old school way" is patently false and just makes you look stupid.
>>
>>17015521
What ass
>>
File: ef9.jpg (67 KB, 590x366)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>17013868
Post bulge
>>
>>17019681
>jeans and loafers
For what purpose?
>>
>>17021063
as you can see…

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.