[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 68 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Definitely think a long with Cottagecore, Westerncore is going to come back big. I think we've hit peak "hip hop", "street", and black dominated culture and like always with anything in our society, a dialectic will form and a opposite reaction will start to trend and we're already seeing that in fashion with Cottagecore (and all the media takes how it is "white nationalist") and with the rise of artists like Coulter Wall and Sierra Ferral among Zoomers, def think Western is going to come back. Hell you are already seeing it pop up massively in the hippy/BM/doof scene already.
>>
File: 1651956929899.jpg (1.15 MB, 2046x2817)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
Hip hop, street wear, athleisure and other undignified products of the predominant culture of the West needs to die. The pendulum will swing back.
>>
File: jxhciekeit8yo.jpg (364 KB, 1568x2351)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>17000740
Trench coats, mandarin collar hidden button shirts, and cyclops sunglasses. The 2020's are finally HERE, let's make the most of them
>>
seems like it would just be a retread of early 2010s mumford and sons core, i mean dudes with handlebar mustaches playing the banjo with sleeve tattos stupidity.

shit already happened.

There will be a deepining of 2000s aesthetic core and there will be an emo revival. the dystopia of the 2000s rather than utopia

cant think of anything else, fashion, like all art is dead
>>
Still hoping for a cybergoth revival
>>
More cheap shit made in china that looks like what your grand-grandparents wore.
>>
>>17000763
Agreed, though I'd argue it needs to swing back even harder. We need to go back to before the great male renunciation. That is, go back to more bold stuff than just pants and shirt, more color, more types of clothing.
>>
File: EydaGoJVEAEoQjW.jpg (359 KB, 1621x2048)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
Workwear americana completely dying. Like, not even reddit homos are wearing it anymore.
Workwear be replaced by like the 'casual neo-prep' that brands like Drake's make.
In my cunt zoomers are already wearing more collared shirts than young people did 10 years ago. Doubt tucking will really catch on for <30 though.

Rest just mainly stay the same, average non fashionable person will wear slim-ish jeans, white sneakers and a t shirt or polo shirt
>>
File: Statues.jpg (119 KB, 800x1200)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>17000740
The trend synchretism that we've seen for the past 20 odd years makes sense within the slightly broader sociopolitical framework that controls it (de facto, but in many cases the neoliberal motion doesn't even hide it's obviously buried hands within the fashion industry.) Consider how when the military was lower density but had more social leverage (napoleonic) it had a much more dignified relationship with fashion. Now military wear is 'fashionable' itself - military cuts don't exert influence on the civilian but rather the idea of, not being militant but being 'rugged and ready' itself is sold alongside utilitarian clothing. There's no fashion taking place here - just an embodiment of the systems values. Where in napoleonic era it was valuable to be upright and pomped, it's valuable to sustain a feeling of prosperity of a certain strain of economic/ideological thought.
Outside of this system, there's no such thing as a trend in the way we know of them right now. All those tattoos that people got now, that were so much cooler than those lame 90s tigers, are going to expire in 3 years. Suits aren't going to 'come back,' unless theres a public shift in collective values and thinking that allows for slower identities and a shift away from 'sign exchange' (logos), and in that case if they did come back it would only be a revival from the frame of referene of someone who is now suffering disappointed expecations, BUT suits could be 'reinterpreted' like you see >>17000772 (which is a completely meaningless outfit) here ad infinitum. So, as long as culture continues on it's current trajectory, we can expect to see more or less the same thing: WOW look at those crazy kanye sneakers! They're totally different this year, they're *smart casual futurepunk* etc.
Giving it the most respect possible: Any novel idea necessarily becomes a fad, thus all ideas become boring.
Hopefully we see picrel.
>>
File: 1406530494715.jpg (48 KB, 290x485)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>17000740
Chris Chan core.
>>
I predict Dark Academia
>>
Innovation going up (breaking gender roles etc and continuous “re-invention” of past decades)
Conservative fashion down
Technology/internet in fashion up
>>
>>17003330
I agree, Indre Gelzinis!
>>
>>17003335
Once they overdo the try hard stage
We’ll return to simpler cleaner lines and fits with interesting cuts
>>
Cowboy boots
>>
>>17003330
>>17003335
>>17003341
Tony Stop what mental ilnes is this?
>>
>>17003347
This ya brain on liberalism cock sucka
>>
>>17003369
it’s not me can’t you see tony is using my name I don’t want that here make him stop
>>
>>17003347
Your persistence might seem like a strength to you sometimes but in this case it’s sad and confusing. Just so you know.
>>
>>17003377
People called me an attention whore for a while…but you’re just here to completely fuck up the thread. You want attention while you fill everything up with shit.
>>
>>17000740
Nice thread. But trend forecasters probably already established everything that will be fashionable in the coming years. I can't see something organic catching up.
>>
Nomadiccore
>>
>>17000740
The trend of Indre talking to herself has taken off ITT
>>
Suits are going to come back. It's going to be in an easy care stretch polyester/sweatpant no wrinkle machine washable kind of way though.
>>
>>17000824
>>17000740
>emo revival
>western revival
How slow are you retards? H&M has already pumped out this shit for the last 3 years.
>>
>>17003304
You predict a half decade old movement.
>>
>>17000740
been saying it and it is already happening

hippies.
>>
>>17005355
cyber hippies
>>
>>17001651
What the hell is a meaningless outfit. It keeps me warm and looking cool
>>
been getting the urge to wear cowboy boots so yes it's going to happen soon
>>
>>17001651
Your picture is some bondage shit, I don't ever want to see that around children.
>>
Western production will wane, Indian and Chinese production will boom to fill the gap. Westerners will welcome it with open arms, claiming it to be progressive, while silently accepting that it will be the only acceptable style to participate in any international economy. Western fashion companies will either join or subside, and the excess of old styles will only be endorsed by the dying middle classes as they devolve into a subhuman caste, lesser than beggars.
>>
File: 1650290900873.gif (3.19 MB, 394x394)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB GIF
>>17000740
> straw hats
> gardening pants with kneepads

you know it will be a thing soon
>>
>>17003330
Wrong, 50s/early 60s is next.
Nice trousers, collared shirts, tucking, loafers & derbys etc.
>>
>>17006963
your mental illness is showing, bro
>>
>>17005896
you're an uneducated retard
read a book once in a while fag
>>
>>17002009
With the way things are going i think it’s already happening jp808
>>
>>17008373
Chris Chan's garish clown shirts have been in style among gen z for a few years now due to the 90s obsession they have.
>>
File: IMG_20220511_080715.jpg (937 KB, 1080x1359)
937 KB
937 KB JPG
>>17000740
Fashion among early trend adopters is in an awkward phase right now. Trends last a couple of months max and the 'base' of it still is y2k revival and it's been the same for like 2 or 3 years.
Pic related is something you would see wearing the cool 'into fashion' kids a couple of months ago. Moon boots were big and in a couple of months they became cringe, some with the big furry boots.
Low rise jeans have been 'in' then out then in again month after month after month like 5 times in one year.

Cottagecore, emo revival, dark academia, etc already happened within small communities but never really made it out to the mainstream. Only some piece or aspects of those trends were adopted. I don't really see 'conservative' clothing making a big comeback anytime soon.
Rebellious and athleisure based fashion has been going on for many decades and only getting stronger, the counter culture movement or pendulum swings happen in a smaller scale (for example wearing black sneakers instead of white) all the time. Maybe people will for a while wear cowboy boots or something (if they aren't doing it already) for a couple of months but other than that nope
>>
I've had this weird urge to dress like Arthur Morgan as well. Cowboy core soon boys
>>
>>17008649
If not now, when?
>>
>>17008649
I too had a cowboy craze but it was when rdr2 came out, whicj was almost 5 years ago. I'm kinda done with it by now
>>
>>17000740
I've already been wearing ariat boots, jeans, belts and sleeve rolled buttonups. Picrel (not me) is basically what I wear on the daily. without the hat, glasses, knife, or giant belt buckle. I wear a cool golden ratio and dudeisim necklace as well.
Sometimes I do carry a knife holder on me, but only when I'm in a dangerous place or outdoors.
>>
File: th-1068013288.jpg (38 KB, 474x316)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>17003755
I joked about this on here ~10 years ago after watching 7 years in tibet, perhaps it's a prophecy after all
>>
>>17000740
with global warming happening, I think wide brim hats are gonna make a comeback
>>
>>17000740
Fellas, how does it feel knowing that Denim is gonna have ANOTHER comeback?
>>
>>17000740
westernwear already came back like 4 years ago.
>>
>>17010044
insane amounts of larp in this pic
>>
>>17000740
Long pants and chunky sneakers. Already seeing them.
>>
File: 21070712760copy.jpg (298 KB, 1920x2560)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>17000740
Slow and Sustainable are the main trends moving forward. Aesthetics are no longer in or out, but created and added to what came before it because the internet has the immortality version of King Midas' Golden Touch. The materials may change over time, but the techwear guys are still gonna techwear as an example.
>>
>>17000740
I was walking down the street today close to my university campus and there are quite a few people wearing casual sports jackets and blazers. Not any formal event or anything, just walking to the shops.

I can see the death of athleasure and possibly of blue jeans as well. People want to look nicer and not like they got back from the gym.
>>
>>17000740
Cottagecore is already here in the millennial age group. Aging roasties like to rebrand themselves as tradcore when they realize that the partygirl aesthetic doesn't attract chads.
Tattoos will phase back out. Rave culture will see a revival.
Business attire will be increasingly phased out among professionals. In twenty years, the standard for the average office worker will be jeans and any sort of clean shirt.
Atheleisure is here to stay.
But unironically, plate carriers are what everyone will be wearing in five years.
>>
>>17001651
Wrong.The trend is just the opposite; The synthesis of contemporary cuts with classical ornamentation. The classic is evidently making a comeback but this time distorted to suit the style and shape tastes of modern consumers and the materials and logistics demands of monopolistic fashion firms.

All of this aided by a manipulation of history by mass media. Shows and movies in the style of "The Bridgertons" or "Peaky Blinders" who pretty much are the core of this tendency, to use history as atrezzo and tell a story of degenerancy and moral decay, as if the degenerancy and moral decay of contemporary society was not only common but more pronounced in the past.
>>
>>17010968
imo the only good take on the subject in this thread, the rest of the thread seems very jaded and ignorant towards contemporary trends
>>
File: harem pants.jpg (223 KB, 850x1000)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
as the oversized sweater generation grows up, they will move the oversized fashion items to the legs.
yoga pants and other activewear will be replaced by harem pants. it'll be harem pants all the way.
>>
>>17011141
>In twenty years, the standard for the average office worker will be jeans and any sort of clean shirt.
Anon that's now.
>>
>>17010885
This is literally what people dress like in the southwest. Go outside more.
>>
>>17012954
>in the southwest. Go outside more.
what if outside isn't in the southwest?
>>
>>17000763
i don't think it will
>>
Women's fashion will become more and more immodest, men's fashion will become more and more effeminate.
"And I will set my face against them: they shall go out from fire, and fire shall consume them: and you shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall have set my face against them. And I shall have made their land a wilderness, and desolate, because they have been transgressors, saith the Lord God." Ezechiel 15:7-8
>>
>>17000990
>average non fashionable person will wear slim-ish jeans, white sneakers and a t shirt or polo shirt
and look better than 99% of /fa/ggots
>>
>>17011141
>the standard for the average office worker will be jeans and any sort of clean shirt
it already is outside of banking/insurance
>>
>>17014001
based
>>
>>17014001
“If, despite all this, you disobey and continue hostile to me, I will continue in my hostile rage toward you, and I myself will discipline you for your sins sevenfold, till you begin to eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters.
I will demolish your high places, overthrow your incense stands, and cast your corpses upon the corpses of your idols.
In my loathing of you, I will lay waste your cities and desolate your sanctuaries, refusing your sweet-smelling offerings.
So devastated will I leave the land that your enemies who come to live there will stand aghast at the sight of it.
And you I will scatter among the nations at the point of my drawn sword, leaving your countryside desolate and your cities deserted.”
Leviticus 26:27-33 NABRE
>>
>>17000824
Unironically this

>>17008430
>>17012326
Honorable mentions
>>
>>17000763
With the war in Ukraine i hope some form of militia tier style is becoming big.
>>
>>17003335
>>17003330
Why when i google Indre Gelzinis i get results about vaginal herpes.
It's like the words Indre Gelzinis are always associated to herpes.
>>
>>17000740
I see ill-fitting zoomer fits, like tight tops with large pants.

Also generation alpha guys wearing chockers, more pink, open toe shoes.
>>
>>17000740
Traditional "hip hop" fashion isn't even in style right now, at least not fully. It's going to come back whether you like it or not.
>>
>>17014756
back off tony everybody has herpes what’s the big deal
>>
>>17000740
i hate this style with a passion, it is so phony. adding a token fiddle lick to your finger picked acoustic pop doesnt make you a hillbilly. plus you add too much vibrato to your violin playing anyway that immediately gives you away as a city slicker who took music lessons. leave folk music to the real rural folks who live and breathe this style
>>
>>17012326
I am currently wearing harem pants as we speak
>>
File: 846.gif (1.98 MB, 331x248)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB GIF
>>17000763
>Hip hop, street wear, athleisure and other undignified products of the predominant culture of the West needs to die.
>>
This thread made it clear that /ga/ consist of ppl who have no idea what is going on in the world of fashion. You're here spewing shit about what u wanna see and its unrealustic af

At least OP has made some sense without being an obvious poltard
>>
>>17015357
Unironically true nigger clothing has always just been brand maxing shit that looks horrible
>>
File: 1651868524636.jpg (233 KB, 1954x1954)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
y2k futurism
>>
>>17003341
you describing minimalism and that thing its very outcast nowdays
>>
>>17016931
So the scarecrow and tinman are baseding out over the idea of a Jewish puppet master, who is merely an illusion? I don't think your meme agrees with someone as racist as you seem
>>
One way to try and predict trends is to guess what "character slots" will be filled with out fashion.

Like, in 20 years there will still be Chads and nerds, but the question is what will each group be wearing to mark themselves?

How will Chads announce themselves?

How will e-Thots signal to lonely dudes?

Which new "alt" look will idenitity-lacking youth latch onto for dear life?
>>
File: 1604795638937.jpg (131 KB, 709x1024)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>17011141
>>17011141
>But unironically, plate carriers are what everyone will be wearing in five years.

Please, god.
>>
>>17000740
the only thing coming in the next 5 years is 80% of the planet dying off. starvation, disease, and war. you're not gonna give a shit about what you're wearing.

prepare
>>
>>17019605
Thanks for the newsflash doomer, now fuck off while the good times are still rolling.
>>
>>17019612
these aren't "good" times. this is your last chance to get ready for what's coming. like you literally have months at this point and it's only gonna get harder the longer you wait.
>>
>>17010907
True

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.