[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: Nasa Velcro open vintage.jpg (2.79 MB, 4288x3216)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
Watch Thread - WOE UNTO THEE, OH DISBELIEVER edition.

This thread is about watches. Expect coping, seething, poor people and endless photos of Seikos

Guides:
> Poorfag guide: https://m.imgur.com/a/NFMXDuK
> Watch essentials 102: https://pastebin.com/Rc77hhXV (embed)
> Purchasing used watches: https://pastebin.com/f44aJKy2 (embed)
> Purchasing straps: https://pastebin.com/SwRysprE (embed)

Should I buy this MVMT / DW / "minimalist" fashion watch?
> https://imgur.com/a/6CNO8

Should I buy this Armani / Michael Kors/ mall watch?
> https://imgur.com/a/Sw1FsAn

"Suggest a watch for me."
> Your budget
> Watch type, e.g. dress, diver, pilot
> Movement, e.g. automatic, hand-wound, quartz
> Desired features, e.g. water resistance, day/date, 2nd time zone
> Preferred strap option, e.g. leather, nylon, bracelet
> Wrist size or desired watch size

Previous thread: >>16751402
>>
>>16752673
It sure does seem like anon is right, you only ever post the same pictures and when asked for new ones you just keep coming up with excuses. Either way you're really fucking obnoxious and not nearly as smart as you think you are.
>>
>>16752673
I’m considering getting a Seiko Marinemaster, does anyone know if they are made in Japan, or are they made under Japanese supervision in another country? I know Seiko can be cagey about these things
>>
File: P8170328.jpg (2.98 MB, 4288x3216)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
>>16752684
Here you go. A pic I've never posted of my Zenith chronometer, currently in servicing. Unless you can refute my points, or find something to disagree with on a logical basis, then unfortunately you must dilate.
>>
Me? Just listening to some old classics.
The NINs, The Linkin Parks, The Blinks.
>>
File: Nasa Velro Worn.jpg (2.77 MB, 4288x3216)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
>>16752703
HEY!!!! FUGKING HAMILTONANON!!! HOW ARE YOU DOING?? I've had a few to drink..it's Friday after all. How are you mate? How is the house going? Hope your family is grateful and impressed with all the hard work you've put in. Anything on the horizon?

>good to see you....there are so many oddities online now.
>>
File: Pro-Trek-PRG-650.jpg (192 KB, 1260x620)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
What is the most practical watch for keen outdoorsman? Besides a smartwatch obviously
>>
>>16752709
that one
>>
>>16752703
Favorite lp songs
>>
>>16752709
What do you like to do outdoors?
>>
>>16752708
They better be. Things aren't get done if I'm not over there.
>>
>>16752709
You just posted the answer.
>>
>>16752717
>One Step Closer
God I hate my ex
>>
>>16752709
For anyone out there that owns a watch with a temperature sensor: does the warmth of your wrist throw off the reading at all?
>>
>>16752701
What the fuck are you talking about? Your points? You think that just because you say something is true it must be? If you own the watches taking a picture would be the easiest thing in the world, if you keep coming up with excuses and trying to talk about the points you made then everybody can tell you're full of shit. There's no points and no discussion, post a current time stamped picture or fuck off.
>>
>>16752718
Ski, ride motorcycles on and off road, hike, mountain bike, fish, etc
>>
>>
>>16752725
You just gotta take your watch off for like ten minutes to get an accurate reading
>>
>>16752724
Your taste is shit and that was also Chester's least favorite song
>>
File: 2254.50 lume two.jpg (2.35 MB, 4288x3216)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>16752721
I know what you mean....same with my folks. How are you though? Keeping in good health I trust. Anything in the post?
>you're the only one who doesn't act like a millennial here.

>>16752726
It is time to dilate, Anon. IT IS TIME TO DILATE. Do so before it's too late. THE WOUND MAY CLOSE.


>I've decided, btw. I'm keeping the 2254.50. Fucking awesome watch, but you have to wear it for a few weeks to understand why. It's an acquired taste, like hairy....um.....
>>
PRX discussion GO! Too big? Or that wristlet cope?

Picrel me, think it looks pretty good
>>
>>16752738
How much of a loser are you that you have to come here and post pictures of other people's watches to make yourself feel good? How poor are you?
>>
>>16752741
it wears big in general. I think it's ok on you
>>
File: permafrost_wizard.jpg (296 KB, 600x900)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
https://disboard.org/server/770425697910915112

Daily reminder to join the Wristwatch chat discord server

NO TRANNY'S HOMOSEXUALS OR WOMEN ALLOWED
>>
>>16752732
yes and maybe I'm not a fangirl.

But I watched his carpool karaoke before he passed. Under his laughs he had the same eyes Jacques Villeret had in a local interview hours before he offed himself.
>>
File: Pam091Wrist.jpg (55 KB, 1024x768)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>16752749
>how much of a loser....
>how poor...

It's not your fault Anon. I know it's tough, but it's not your fault. I'm not your enemy, nor is anyone else on this thread. I'm here to help, like I tried to with the Speedmaster Anon from earlier. I'm here to help, and I'm not your enemy. Please trust me. Just give in.

>it's not your fault Anon..it's not your fault.

>>16752741
Personally, I think it's fine. The issue of whether or not it's 'too big' is something that has been carefully constructed by the YOUTUBE community in order to justify the selling of watches in women's sizes.

The rule is simple Anon: wear what you love, and fuck the world.
>>
>>16752725
>>16752731
Ten minutes? Who said anything about 15 minutes. The best I can do is 20 minutes. The manual says 20-30 minutes.
>>
>>16752695
Everyone is cagey with this, anon. Would a watch with the case made from ore that was mined outside of Japan/Switzerland not be Japanese/Swiss if everything else was done there? It depends how anal you want to be about this stuff...
To calm you down a bit Seiko owns, staffs and supervises all of the production of their watches. Some workers might be local to the factory abroad, but their bosses and supervisors are Japanese. Higher end models like MM are almost certainly made in Japan i'd say. Be sure you are the one who does the final QC, you as a buyer always has the final say.
>>
>>16752756
You picked the worst song its just amazing how you continue
>>
>>16752757
>Keeps trying to change the subject
I've got more than enough cash on hand to buy the entire collection you post, I'd just have to track down the real owner.
>>
>>16752760
ok crawling in me screen?
>>
>>16752709
Too big and heavy to be practical.
Go with a Mudman or Square.
>>
>>16752767
>heavy
is that past your 1 rep max?
>>
>>16752766
OK You don't like lp I get it
>>
>>16752753
cool server anon! joined.
>>
>>16752703
Thank you for still rocking the correct day and date, i can't tell you how much that means to me. Cheers, may your liver never fail you!
>>
>>16752768
Post arm faggot bet you wont.
>>
File: 2599.80 Lume.jpg (2.28 MB, 4288x3216)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
>>16752761
Of course you do. Perhaps you should post your collection so we can see your bounty. Then we'd know that you're legitimate, and not a fraud.

>fraud...did I say fraud? I meant failure.
>>
>>16752769
lmao I give up
>>
>>16752776
You post a time stamped picture of your collection and I'll post my collection, I'm waiting.
>>
>>16752774
From now on if it's not the right date (and time bet you didn't even noticed) It's just an old pic.

I'll behave.
>>
>>16752779
Here are mine. Faint, lying from you, somewhere I belong, the first minute or so of Krwling, and of course breaking the habit
>>
>>16752695
>are they made under Japanese supervision in another country?
where the hell do you get this info from?
>>
File: 4u FUCKERS.jpg (2.95 MB, 4288x3216)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
>>16752782
>>
You know I'm feeling like going all in on the full retard mode or a skeleton dial. Do they make a naked dial st1901 with a display case as well?
>>
File: Waltham lever case.jpg (2.91 MB, 4288x3216)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
>>16752792
The 1861 and the Zenith are in servicing, the rest are here. Anything else, trampAnon? Do you need my COVID Vax certificate? lol
>>
>>16752767
Those don't have barometer or compass though
>>
>>16752792
>Omega is better than rolex
Sounds like a poorfag cope
>>
>>16752741
I think i figured it out. It's too wide.
>>
>>16752802
lol Actually, it's from owning both. Omega is better, technologically, as well as aesthetically. Rolex is for the man who wants a 'luxury' watch but doesn't have the knowledge to discern what to acquire.
>>
>>16752806
>Technologically superior
I doubt that
>>
>>16752791
That is the law in Japan for a watch to be able to say 'Made in Japan'. Those laws differ from country to country. If someone wants to make a watch that says 'Swiss made' then a minimum of 60% of the value of the watch must be spent in Switzerland. Swiss labor is expensive, so that is not so hard to do.
It's just who can skirt the grey areas of the law better... They all use various tricks to achieve the desired results.
>>
>>16752806
So based on owning one rolex for an extremely short period of time decades ago you're making blanket statements about the brands entire modern range of watches? There's nothing logical about that, you can prefer Omega but just because you prefer them that doesn't automatically make them technologically better.
>>
I just bought a black Toyota RAV4, what's a good watch to go with that?
>>
File: P1140369.jpg (2.82 MB, 4288x3216)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>16752821
You'd be surprised. In daily wear, the Rolex and modern Omega are the same. In other words, the 'superlative' chronometer in real-world usage doesn't give better or worse results than a well-tuned COSC or a modern METAS chronometer. So the choice afterwards becomes one of status. The co-axial is technologically superior, that's a mechanical and mathematical fact. The question is whether or not your watchmaker has tuned your individual watch to be so.

>>16752827
No. While I owned the GMT II for 2 months in 2002, I was disappointed daily. The Omegas and Panerais of the time were better. What you have to understand about Rolex (and owners will recognize this) is that it's a status symbol until you own one. Once you own one, you'll determine if you actually want it for what it is as opposed to what it represents. After seeing its daily performance, I found that it wasn't better than a COSC spec watch, and that was disappointing. The bracelet was disappointing, the clasp was disappointing, etc. The finishing was par (not sub-par, but not above par...just par), and the daily wearing experience was 'ho-hum'.

The only Rolex I think is special is the Cellini Prince (and any historical Prince or Doctor's watch), the Double-red Seadweller from the 70s, and that's about it. The rest of them are extraordinarily well-made but mass-produced timepieces with an excellent all-round performance. But that doesn't excite me. In other words, the Rolex is a Toyota: dependable, reliable, precise, and a product you don't have to be involved with. You set it, forget it, and don't look back. That's wonderful for some people, but for me it's no different than a quartz.

>sorry the timestamp is a minute late...the fucking picture didn't come out right on the correct minute.
>>
File: dr-crott-toyota-1.jpg (140 KB, 682x1024)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>16752848
>>
>>16752854
>Also; I've let all the watches wind down, so I wound them up and set them together. Pain in the ass, especially for the Mark 40. Still, at least you have something.

Any more doubts, Rameses?
>>
>>16752822
The Swiss Made laws are well documented but I have never seen any laws for "Made in Japan". Where are you getting this information from?
>>
>>16752854
Actually omegas are thicker and wider, not something most people want in a watch they wear every day. Rolex also manages to get a larger power reserve from a physically smaller movement, while maintaining a +2/-2 accuracy. Nothing about that makes Omega sound superior.
>>
File: PXL_20220111_232728639.jpg (1.62 MB, 3024x4032)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
Just found an old GP at a second hand store the other day.
>>
>>16752848
I would go with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAmGqV580_E
>>
>>16752865
The topic has been discussed here and at WUS many times. I probably haven't got all the details right, i just remember how it is in general. I don't care that much for it to be honest.
>>
>>16752875
Nice find anon.
>>
File: Double Red.jpg (129 KB, 1000x665)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>16752782
Are you still waiting, sweaty, or have you finally decided to dilate? I know it's painful, but you'll feel better in a few hours until you have to dilate again. What? No response?

>I'M WAITING.

>>16752869
That was something that I'd hoped for, but the Seamaster I had was noticeably thinner than the GMT II. Granted, the 2892 modified movement that Omega used allowed them to produce a VERY slim 300m watch. The modern Submariner is still thin, and beautifully so, but that doesn't change the fact that in the 90s the Omega bracelet was superior, the case was thin if not thinner, and so forth. The accuracy is once again something that in real-world testing is irrelevant if the movement is tuned to your habits. Both will achieve 0.0 change if you take it to your watchmaker, as both of mine did. It was irrelevant, and positional variance for the 2892 didn't matter because for whatever reason, my 2581.30 performed excellent for crown up and dial up positions. I didn't need to do anything to it...the only problem I had with it was with the winding.

You have to remember that if you wear a watch regularly, certain elements that redditters complain about simply disappear. Positional variance is irrelevant if the watch has good adjustments for the ones you normally have it in. Power reserve and all the rest come with the territory.

Think about what you posted: 60 hour Omega vs. 72 hour Rolex. How often do you leave your watch for 3 days hoping that it'll maintain good time? If you own more than one mechanical watch, you'll know that it's irrelevant. If you depend on the precise second (like I do), then in real world application, you reset the watch if you haven't worn it in 2 days, assuming that the seconds are off by more than 5. I've never seen a Rolex that maintained time after two days..they were always off by at least 10, but this is likely more due to the power reserve issues than anything else.
>>
>>16752881
I've seen someone making the unsubstantiated claims here recently but I have never seen anything on WUS. If you have any links please post.
>>
>>16752883
Thanks man
>>
>>16752875
Looks cool. Does it work?
>>
File: Hands Ary.jpg (3.11 MB, 4288x3216)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
>>16752869
Notice the vintage Anon from my posting: 1990s, i.e. before Co-axial.

It's a shame you don't remember the world before the internet. You may have found it illuminating.

WHERE ARE THE ASSHOLES WHO THINK I DON'T OWN THESE WATCHES? WHERE ARE THEY? I'M WAITING!
>>
>>16752884
So just to be clear the Rolex movement is mathematically and mechanically better, the one I'm actually talking about and not the one you're bringing up in an attempt to salvage your argument. The time keeping is no different between the two but the Rolex is smaller, lighter, and has a better power reserve. All things people look for in a watch they wear daily. These are facts, nothing you say can change them.
>>
File: Spring Case reverse.jpg (79 KB, 800x600)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>16752899
Not in the 1990s; the GMT I owned was from 1996, and the Omega from 1998. Buy one, and you'll understand. If you haven't owned a vintage Rolex, you'll never know the problems owners and watchmakers consistently encounter with these things. They're not perfect, nor are any other watch.
>>
File: How they argue....jpg (55 KB, 599x398)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>16752899
You need to dilate.

>You don't own these watches.
>You're not comparing modern watches, so you're wrong.

Do you read? I know you can't write cursive...but can you actually read? Not speed-reading, but reading? One word at a time?
>>
>>16752905
>1990s
>Vintage
Okay so just to recap again, Rolex currently produces a technologically superior movement to Omega. Please try to explain to me how a bigger, heavier movement with a smaller power reserve is better.
>>
File: PXL_20220112_014904304.jpg (2.5 MB, 3024x4032)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>16752894
Unfortunately it's all seized up currently given that it probably hasn't been serviced in years. Hopefully if nothing is broken on it I'll be able to have a watchmaker get it running.
>>
>>16752905
>>16752910
>So mad you're replying multiple times to single posts
>Hurr dilate seethe
You sure seem mad that you were objectively wrong when you said Omega is technologically superior and I proved they're not with actual numbers and facts.
>>
File: How dare you.webm (599 KB, 640x360)
599 KB
599 KB WEBM
>>16752911
That's easy Anon, you didn't read my post. To recap:

>in the 1990s, Omegas and Panerai's movements were technologically superior to Rolexes.
>Their bracelets were technologically superior to Rolexes.
>In daily wear, my own experience with watches tuned to my wearing habits by my watchmaker (1 Rolex, 1 Panerai, and 1 Omega), found that the Rolex was just as good but not better than the rest. The Rolex wasn't superior, it was adequate, average.

Should I use all caps?

>>16752914
It's okay Anon; worst-case scenario, the watchmaker can just disassemble it, clean it, reassemble and lubricate, and it'll be fine. If it's not, he'll find the problems and let you know..

>>16752919
Nah, you're just arguing liberal.
>defend post
>accused of being mad
>win?

It's all the same. Notice how no one has mentioned whether or not my collection is real after I posted two timestamps? It's because you have no hope, and the best you can do is try to intimate that others are as hopeless as you. On the other hand, I try to help people with the knowledge I have in hopes they don't make the same mistakes I did when I was younger.

Try to help others Anon, it'll enervate your soul and elevate your testosterone.
>>
>>16752869
>>16752899
>>16752911
This nigga brought logic and reason to argue with a schizo retard's make believe world. You just walked into an Escher square alphabet puzzle and are trying to get out by using physics. You don't even know how to open the door the child abuse room where one of his personalities lives. The only way out is to become one of his personalities and escape.
>>
>>16752889
I've been up all night i honestly can't be bothered now. Just look around, google 'watches made in japan law' and get scrolling and reading.
Like i said, these things don't matter that much to me, and i'm not into law that much, so do the research yourself.
>>
File: Almost there....gif (999 KB, 500x700)
999 KB
999 KB GIF
>>16752931
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?
>>
>>16752929
You said co axial is technologically superior, I can go back up and screenshot the post if you're too stupid to remember or find it. Please explain to me how a movement that is larger, heavier, has a lower power reserve, and doesn't keep time better is superior to the 4130.
>>
>>16752911
>heavier
First time i see the weight of a movement as a stat worthy of comparison. How much does an ordinary movement weigh anyway?
>>
>>16752741
Oh God. Please no more Tissot PRX. It's a pretty average watch. Looks nice and all but nothing out of this world
>>
>>
>>16752954
Congrats. An uglier watch than an Invicta.
>>
File: Zenith in hand.jpg (2.94 MB, 4288x3216)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>16752947
Weight is irrelevant to performance if there is less friction. Coaxial has less friction. Doesn't matter though, because the 1990s had all traditional lever-escapements between Rolex and Omega.

The Zenith Defy Labs printed movement is far lighter, and far more accurate when it's stable, but tends to shear and rip itself to shreds after 5 years of use. Turns out re-engineering the wheel doesn't work so well if you use untested materials..

You need to own these watches and wear them daily to understand. Just ask a Rolex certified watchmaker if they've seen problems...then you'll start to understand why they have just as many problems as Omega, Panerai, AP, and any other manufacturer.

>it's just a game Anon designed to make you lose money. Today it's Rolex, tomorrow it's Longines.

WHERE ARE THE FUCKERS WHO THINK I DON'T OWN THIS WATCH? WHERE ARE THEY? I DON'T SEE YOU????? ARE YOU HIDING? OR ARE YOU EATING DELICIOUS CHICKEN TENDERS?? FUCK...I WANT SOME DELICIOUS CHICKEN TENDERS...OR MAYBE A FROZEN PIZZA. MAYBE I should make a frozen pizza. I'm hungry.
>>
>>16752929
Here's where you said co axial is better than the rolex movement, notice how there's nothing about 90s watches
>>
>>16752960
ok Cool it drunkanon this is too far.
This is about watches and fair criticism.
>>
File: Holy....jpg (565 KB, 900x900)
565 KB
565 KB JPG
>>16752966
And I'm correct. A METAS is superior to the Rolex movement. Longer service intervals, less friction, and better performance over real-world positional variance.

>you took the trouble to screenshot a post of mine....I'm flattered.
>>
>>16752963
Oh you can't quote real facts so you're bringing up some bullshit about friction? So going by real, non autistic facts the Rolex movement is superior in every way. People don't want a thicker and wider watch for daily wear.
>>
>>16752970
>6-8 year service interval on omega movements
>10 year service interval on Rolex
Okay so factually the Rolex movement is still better, can you actually quote facts? Provide any to back up your position? Because every single fact I'm seeing gives the advantage to Rolex.
>>
File: Waltham movement Still 2.jpg (2.9 MB, 4288x3216)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB JPG
>>16752969
That wasn't me!! lol But that's fucking mean...lol It's even too mean for me...lol

>>16752971
Um...Pelagos and every other Tudor that exists? lol lol You guys are hopeless!!! lol Next you're going to tell me that Grand Seiko is better than Rolex because of the finishing. Or that an Orient is really the way to 'stick it to the Swiss'...lol

>I need to check on those chicken tenders....

WHERE ARE THE DILATORS WHO THINK I DON'T OWN THESE WATCHES? WHERE ARE THEY? ARE THEY HERE, OR ARE THEY AT HOME, WASHING THEIR TIGHTS???
>>
>>16752976
You're so fucking stupid it makes my head hurt
>>
File: hawr dayh yhuu.gif (896 KB, 480x313)
896 KB
896 KB GIF
>>16752975
You think service intervals are recommended due to wear and tear rather than a secondary income stream for the brand? lol Let me guess...you're a fan of Greta?
>>
How do I avoid buying a fake U series (new) G Shock on ebay?
>>
File: PC240360.jpg (3.05 MB, 4288x3216)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB JPG
>>16752979
Here's some advice Anon, since I'm less of a scrooge and more of a drunk than I used to be:

>Service intervals dictated by companies are a secondary income stream. Ignore them, and listen to your trusted watchmaker.
>Performance descriptions by companies are irrelevant in the real world. The only thing that is real is the actual performance of the timepiece, and that's dictated by the construction and regulation.
>Price doesn't guarantee quality, nor does reputation and 'history' of the brand.

Buy what you love, test it out in the real world, and if you're disappointed, get rid of it. The GMTII was disappointing, and I don't regret getting rid of it. What is interesting to me is that I don't find Rolexes (modern ones, anyway) aesthetically appealing in the slightest, so I've never purchased one again. I prefer Omega, because their styling is better and their performance is the same if not better. You have to own them to know this...otherwise, it's just 'contrary for the sake of contrary'.

>>16752987
Buy a real one from Casio.

WHERE ARE THE LADIES WHO STILL THINK I DON'T OWN THIS WATCH? WHERE ARE THEY? I WANT TO SEE THEIR HEELS!
>>
>>16752980
That's not what Rolex recommends, that's the average that people go before having them serviced. Just to recap
>Smaller
>Lighter
>Larger power reserve
>Longer service interval
Is there actually anything measurable that Omega is better at or can you only offer vague bullshit like muh friction? It's funny because I like Omega and I was considering buying one this year, but I'm also not so stupid I can't understand actual measurable facts.
>>
What watch do I want to attract fat hairy alternative/punk non-feminist KHHV women over 30, /wt/? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>16752673
Any Weekdaters that do the whole day name in Kanji (e.g., 月曜日 instead of just 月)? I think that's what would really make that line even more fun for me.
>>
>>16752994
Who the fuck cares what Rolex recommends or the 'average that people go'? Jesus, it's like you've never worked with a watchmaker before. Watches are not uniform; their performance changes based on who wears them, and what they are worn through. Eventually, the servicing of them becomes as individual as an individual.

>smaller
Who cares? People love big watches today, and most don't care if there is a spacer ring or not.
>lighter
Not if you have a fucking Ceramic or Titanium watch. Both my Tuttonero and Grey side are lighter.
>larger power reserve
Good. The Tutto is 3 days. Win?
>Longer service interval
Depends on the individual watch, how it's worn, who is wearing it, in what climate, and who is servicing it. Finally, with coaxial escapements, you don't need to service it for 15 years; Omega's recommended interval is because they don't want to lose money. Originally it would be 20, but that would be considered ludicrous and destroy the industry.

I'm glad you like Omega, but honestly you should just like whatever the fuck you like regardless of me or anyone else on this basketweaving forum. I love my watches, and I gravitate towards Omega because of their aesthetic lines. Their tech is a bonus. Rolex is surprisingly boring, but only if you've owned one.

Here's some unsolicited advice. Buy a Rolex, whatever one you love (Explorer, Daytona, whatever). Wear it for a year, and tell me how you feel. If you love it, then you win. If you don't, you'll understand where I'm coming from. If you have Rolex and an Omega both keeping 0.0 seconds per day crown up and dial up, then what is the fucking difference if one is 'rated' as a superlative chronometer of-2/2+ and another is rated COSC from -4/6+? They're still giving real-world performance that is identical, and therefore ONE IS NOT BETTER THAN THE OTHER! Don't you get it?
>>
>>16752979
>>16752991
Can both of you guys just shut the fuck up and stop shitting up the thread? Rolexshill anon, post your collection
>>
File: Nasa Velcro.jpg (2.82 MB, 4288x3216)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>16752994
If one movement is lighter than another, is it better? If a movement is smaller than another, is it better? Larger power reserve...is it better? You can go on and on, and you'll end up where the normal, average public ends up.

>get a quartz g-shock.

Congratulations.

WHERE ARE THE TARTS WHO THINK I DON'T OWN MY WATCHES? I STILL DON'T HEAR THEM!! MAYBE THEY'RE IN THE WC, SITTING DOWN TO PEE.
>>
>>16753012
When the time keeping between the two is the same, yes it's better. You can put a small movement in a big case but you can't put a big movement in a small case.
>>
>>16752987
The U versions are pretty recent so I doubt they are fakes. If it's the actual item and it says U on the back it should be legit. If you are talking about correct labeling of the item title and description that is a crapshoot.
If you are in the US just buy them from Amazon or Walmart. Most of the stock is the new version and if it's not just return it until you get the U version.
Final option is to send a message to Japanese vendors to double check they are U versions.
>>
File: Walham Final Hand.jpg (2.81 MB, 4288x3216)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
>>16753009
Zhe won't, because zhe doesn't own one. All zhe cares about is being contrarian just to be contrarian, because that's how zhe has learned to integrate zherself with the world. When in doubt, be a dissenting voice so that zhou can't be accused of being a commoner.

WHERE ARE THE OWNERS OF FREDERIQUE CONSTANT WHO BOLDLY CLAIM I DO NOT OWN MY WATCHES? WHERE ARE THE BREMONT FANS WHO THINK I AM LIKE THEM? WHERE ARE YOU????? YOU'RE SITTING IN YOUR ROOM, FREEZING YOUR NUTS OFF, BECAUSE THE HEAT IS NOT ON, YOUR SOCKS HAVE HOLES IN THEM, AND YOU HAVE NO ONE TO HOLD YOU.
>>
>>16753012
Do you actually where the Velcro out or do you just have it for the history?
>>
>>16753002
A timex weekender should do the trick.
>>
Fuck you, I like it.
>>
File: Speedy on JB Champion.jpg (2.76 MB, 4288x3216)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
>>16753021
I bought it because I was worried that Omega would stop making it. Then I found a tutorial about how to wear it, what options you have for wrapping it, etc. Then I tried it out.

I always prefer metal bracelets, it just feels right to me. I don't like canvas or nato straps at all. This one however is just fine. I wear it when I'm on holiday, or when I'm not going to work, or when I want something fun and not formal.

As a piece, it's comfortable, and it doesn't pull hairs or have any sharp edges. From a photograph perspective, it definitely looks vintage, moreso because of the real 105.012 sitting on it. I'm a fan of NASA history, so to me it's just a necessary addition. If you buy one of these watches, you might as well go 'full out'. I can't wear the original bracelet (it's far too fragile), so no matter what I had to deal with getting a new bracelet, and other straps for whatever I wanted. The Apollo 50th anniversary flatlink was an obvious addition, and the NASA strap seemed to make sense.

I've tried the NASA velcro on the 1861, but it looks odd.

I wouldn't recommend it normally; I'd say, if you get the big box, it'll come with it anyway, so why not, but in terms of daily wear, it's fine for normal things. They're waterproof too, so if you want to go swimming or whatever, it's fine. My biggest concern about nato straps or velcro or anything like this is that it puts heavy downward pressure on the springbars, so unless you replace the springbars every year or so, you risk losing the watch. That's why I prefer a bracelet in any situation; at least the upwards/downwards is evenly distributed.

Some people see the NASA as a LARP. Yes, it is, at least for me, since I'm not currently an astronaut. But do I still enjoy wearing it? Of course. On a summer's day at the cottage, or at a house party with friends, it's an easy choice.

Are you thinking of getting one Anon?

>I find the JB Champion Bracelet more of a hassle, to be honest.
>>
File: fear.gif (919 KB, 500x283)
919 KB
919 KB GIF
>>16753029
>>
>>16753031
Nah, I was mainly curious because since we only see wrist shots I have absolutely no fucking idea how you would style that velcro strap with an outfit. I’m actually the anon that just posted the bronze black bay
>>
>>16753031
Lol omegas are so shit that you can't even use the bracelet? Jesus
>>
File: Nasa Velcro open.jpg (2.94 MB, 4288x3216)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>16753036
Well, a few thoughts. But first, regarding the Black bay. Have you tried it on? The bronze in person is very nice, nearly as nice as the Panerai Bronzo. The problem I have is the thickness of the case, which has always bothered me about the black bays in general. It really looks great in pics, no doubt...but try one on and see what you think before pulling the trigger. I had a terrible experience the last time I was in the Tudor boutique....their watches are, for lack of a better word, 'lower tier' to Rolex or even Omega. I don't want to shit on Tudor, because as a company and design team, they're trying their best to get away from the 'poor-man's Rolex' designation. But honestly...they really are just a poor-man's Rolex. I was heavily disappointed with their Pelagos for the same reason. Why would I get a Pelagos instead of a Seadweller? I don't have an answer for that.

As for styling, the velcro, you have to see it as simply 'casual'. Anything will do. The only time I think it doesn't work too well is if you're wearing refined fabrics (like proper trousers, a collared shirt, etc.). It's a styling that is pure utilitarian, but also from the point of view of a 'workman' rather than an 'owner'. Then you can style it.

I'll wear it to a BBQ in the backyard, but not to a conference with shareholders or clients.

>>16753040
Bracelets that are 56 years old that have expandable elastic links tend to 'wear out', or get stretched to a point where they don't retract. Furthermore, the pins that hold the bracelet together tend to simply wear away as time goes by. Would you risk a 20k+ watch falling in the toilet due to an old bracelet?

Therefore, the best thing to do is preserve the bracelet as an original part of the watch, and put on a new bracelet where the only failure point is the springbars. In fact, most Anons don't do this, but if you get a watch that is preowned, the first thing you do is replace the springbars with new ones.
>>
>>16753048
>20k watch
>>
File: Speedywrist.jpg (2.87 MB, 4288x3216)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
>>16753053
Have a look on Chrono24 Anon. Search for a 105.012 in original condition, with original pushers and crown, original hands, unpolished, with original bracelet.

I wish you luck finding one under 20k. :)
>>
File: New Speedy.jpg (2.98 MB, 4288x3216)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
>>16753053
Also; the devil is in the details. Find one with intact hour markers, and a clean dial. :)
>>
>>16753056
>>16753060
They go for 10-15k, you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>
File: Screenshot7.jpg (825 KB, 1076x1441)
825 KB
825 KB JPG
>>16752767
>>
Kinda interested in Yema chronos but idk
>>
>>16753048
Haven’t been to an AD to see one in person yet, plan to soon! I actually love the bronze, I know the general consensus on wt seems to think bronze and gold cases are tacky but the bronze and blue colorway with the matching nato I find very beautiful. I also totally get the Pelagos - sea dweller comparison but a major selling point for me is the bronze case which I can’t think of anything comparable to the black bay bronze off the top of my head. I also love the rich color of the dial, the snowflake hands (controversial I know), and the overall sort of vintage aesthetic it seems to radiate (I feel that modern omegas and rolex divers lack that, not that they aren’t beautiful in their own unique respects.
As far as the size goes, I do have a fear of that but I won’t know until I try it on. My backup plan is to start looking at the Omega Constellation lineup, it’s kind of avant-garde but I think cool, it’s a total sleeper watch
>>
File: Omegawild.jpg (39 KB, 640x480)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>16753064
Condition and completeness affects price Anon. How many did you see that had fully intact hour markers? How many did you see with a fully intact dot over 90 bezel? How many had a 'ghost' bezel? How many had the original pushers that are not as large as the later 145.012 or the service pushers? How many have the original crystal? How many have an original bracelet in reasonably good condition? How many have been recently serviced? How many are unpolished? The only Speedmaster that is more desired than mine from that run is the CB case...those in the condition of mine will run in the middle 20k to 30k. Have you ever vintaged Anon?

>>16753083
I don't think bronze or gold is tacky...my next watch is likely a yellow-gold Reverso. I like the snowflake hands too, but I hate the round hour markers (so, to me the Pelagos is better aesthetically as a whole). The vintage aesthetic is definitely there, I agree. The 'height' of the watch is my problem...it's so big for so little gain. But that's just me...I've been spoiled on Omega 2892s. The Omega Constellation has options, but I really hated the Globemaster when I tried it on. Again, these things look great in pics, but may be awful on the wrist.

Definitely try on before purchasing. Try on in store, and buy on grey market. That's what I do, and that's why I'm happy.

>The first Omega I ever owned...sold it a few years ago, miss it some days, but the 2254.50 has replaced it.
>>
>>16753093
Grey market prices are actually higher than from the dealer, does Tudor have a Rolexesque waitlist type situation that drives up prices? I didn’t think that was the case
>>
>>16753093
Ah yeah they all sell for 10-15k but yours is somehow special. You're a loser and a fucking idiot.
>>
File: Example tough.jpg (16 KB, 236x274)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>16753098
No. The Black bay is one of the most desired of all Tudors, so naturally like Rolex the supply chain isn't complying with the demand. Then, you add the additional exclusivity (and low numbers) of the bronze version, and you get what you have now on the grey market. Blue Pelagos, for example, are readily available and still in ADs...but a normal black BB can be difficult to find. A bronzo even more so. I don't know if the prices will relax for this, because it's so numerically rare in the market. Maybe, it all depends on if owners end up selling them because of the pain in the ass that Bronze can be.

It's not a Rolex waitlist situation, it's just that Tudor doesn't make many of the bronzes, and they probably didn't think that it would be popular. I mean, look how popular the fucking 'Silver' Tudor is (especially now that owners are complaining that it's tarnishing).

>>16753101
But they're not in the condition mine is in. Try vintaging Anon. You'll find surprising things. Hell, a 105.003 (the original 'Ed White') can be had for as little as 8k, assuming you don't mind it having a service dial, no original bracelet, and questionable polishing.

The really beautiful thing Anon is that mine is in fact special, due to it sitting in a fucking drawer for 40 years. The bezel is uniformly faded due to it being used by the original owner at high altitude, and the watch is completely original, save for box and papers. One-owner watches like these are rare Anon, and they cost money as a result. Collectors pay high prices for them, if only because the Omega Speedmaster is one of the most heavily documented and researched vintage watches in the world (the only one more would likely be the Rolex Submariner).

And it's okay. You see a crappy old watch, and I see a doctor, a lawyer....

>here's one that should cost around 10k.
>>
>>16753116
>and the watch is completely original, save for box and papers.
Oh, so you can't prove it. Convenient.
>>
>>16752741
It's too big. Wait for the 35mm version.
>>
>>16752929
Why do boomers act like emotionally led animals? Watching them try to talk and communicate is uncanny. Not to mention being born with narcissistic personality disorder
>>
File: Example 2.jpg (111 KB, 1176x786)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>16753120
Prove...what? If you're asking for an extract from the Archives, no no, I did that immediately upon receiving the watch. No, it's genuine, and the parts are just fine and dandy. Most watches from that era didn't have the box and papers survive, because at the time those things weren't thought of as important. Once again, you need to start vintaging. Here's another terrible example (i.e. both of them are 145.012s, the generation after mine and the last to use the cal. 321). Notice the condition of the bezels, the hands, the lume, etc.

Bear in mind that a dot-over-90 bezel that is genuine is around 3-6k, but one that is ghosted uniformly tends to double to 6-12k. Factor in a bracelet that is original to the watch, and you add in another 3k. Then original chronograph pushers that are still installed, and another 2k there...and so forth.

Vintage watches are a problem precisely because you need a shit-tonne of research to understand the pricing models and to know if you're getting a deal or not. But if you know what you're looking at, and if the person selling you the watch doesn't, then you win. Otherwise, you end up like all the rest at auctions, bidding away.

>>16753123
Probably because the millenials have been emotionally stunted, retarded, and discouraged by the said boomers and their liberal agendas. It's sad, but not unexpected.
>>
>>16753126
Yeah but you can't actually prive yours is original, so it's worthless. You're so fucking stupid.
>>
File: P5070011.jpg (79 KB, 1024x768)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>16753127
It's a shame Anon that you are unable to contribute anything of worth to this thread. Maybe we should go to another topic that directly affects you.

What are you wearing Anon? Or, what is on its way in the mail/post? Or what is on the horizon, about to have the trigger pulled in a few months or after a few more paychecks? Let's talk.
>>
>>16753126
>Factor in a bracelet that is original to the watch, and you add in another 3k. Then original chronograph pushers that are still installed, and another 2k there...and so forth.
And none of it you're able to prove since you don't have the paperwork. But sure, it's nice to dream.
>>
Imagine being >>16753126, simping for a brand that defines itself as being the more affordable, almost-as-good alternative to Rolex.
>>
File: You too!.gif (1.66 MB, 300x224)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB GIF
>>16753140
I don't have to dream Anon. I live the life you wish you had.
>>
>>16753137
I'm wearing a cock ring and a bowtie, I've got a new ass midget coming in the mail since I broke the last one. Why don't you come over and shove your first up my ass until I feel your watch massaging my prostate and bust a nut across the room?
>>
>>16753145
>I live the life you wish you had.
shitposting day and night on 4chan after the age of 22? I'd fucking kill myself.
>>
File: Bend it....webm (1.89 MB, 408x720)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB WEBM
>>16753148
I can't use the 321 for that...it's not water resistant to 1k metres....
>>
>>16753152
Don't forget drinking until he's literally incoherent. It's seriously sad, I don't know what kind of normal adult would behave like that.
>>
>>16753153
It will add to the patina, that's at least another 2-3k on its "value"
>>
FUCK Tissot
>>
File: I know all of it....jpg (141 KB, 1024x646)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>16753154
One who doesn't have to worry about money Anon. Like Rupie...but instead of driving an ice-cream van, I drink on Fridays, work when they need me, and shitpost when it's entertaining.

>>16753157
It depends on your ethnicity...if your exotic enough, you can help the watch achieve a 'tropical' dial...
>>
File: Courage.webm (2.54 MB, 480x480)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB WEBM
>>16753159
Agreed.

I STILL DON'T HEAR ANYONE ASKING IF I OWN MY WATCHES. MAYBE THEY'RE ALL SLEEPY, OR THEY'RE JUST DEMORALIZED. IT'S OKAY...SOMEONE WILL ASK ABOUT CASIO SOON, AND THEN ALL WILL BE AS IT ONCE WAS
>>
Do these things justify their $15K/20K price tag? (7147BB)

It just really caught my eye, looks like the perfect dress watch.
>>
>>16753164
Jesus you're so juvenile, this is why I never respond when you ask about my watches.
>>
>>16753169
Yes, in terms of quality of manufacture, skill to produce and finish, failure rate of components during the manufacture, brand name and cache, etc.

Ultimately though, the only person who can justify the price is you alone. If it's worth the price you pay for it to you, then it's worth it. We live in a world where the most accurate watch is a satellite-synced digital which won't cost more than 1k. Something for 15k isn't about accuracy, or reliability, or any practical element related to its ability to keep time accurately. It's purely about watchmaking, aesthetics, and exclusivity.

>this will always be the most precious watch in the world to me, and I'll never ever own it.
>>
File: jomw.png (2.93 MB, 2021x1135)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_BDpuECtE
>>
What G-Shock is this?
>>
>>16753177
kill yourself s*yfaggot
>>
>>16753169
>:o markers
>>
File: Imma Let you Finish....gif (2.07 MB, 320x240)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB GIF
>>16753175
Well, thank GOD for that. I can't imagine how my life would have been illuminated by hearing you wax philosophic in your dulcet tones about a collection of vostoks, orients, and a casio. I have lost so much...

>>16753179
THE ONE IN YOUR PIC, DUMDUM!
>>
>>16753162
>Pretending to be rich on 4chan.
I wonder how this guy imagined his life would be when he was 20
>>
File: 1640711003240.jpg (49 KB, 498x573)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>16753176
Thank you for the feedback bro
>>
File: Aesthetic Perfection.jpg (275 KB, 1195x939)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>16753194
I didn't think I'd have this much money, no lie. I thought I'd be working until I was fucking geriatric. I'm also surprised at how much I enjoy sailing.

>>16753196
Hope it's useful Anon. If it's not, then I'm sorry. Once you get into this territory of watches, it stops being about whether or not the watch is 'worth it' due to its materials, and more about whether or not it's 'worth it' to you. It's the same reason why people will spend the same money on Richard Mille as they will on custom Roger Smith's. The two are obviously different, but the money is the same. Can either be said to be justified in their price-tag? To me, it's only justified if the buyer thinks it's justified.

>here's a watch I believe is NOT justified. But I hate the designer, so that's another story. I'm biased.
>>
>>16753203
Then why is your watch collection just affordables?
>>
>>16753194
Your dream isn't being middle-aged and avatarfagging on an anime imageboard?
>>
>>16752673
Sorry to let you down /wt/ but I'm buying a THE Citizen with the f*cki*g Eagle on it.
>>
File: I've seen God....jpg (112 KB, 920x620)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>16753210
Because the rest is a waste. Didn't you know that most haute horology is just watches for people who are bored with 'affordables', as you call them? Just think about it. What happens if you buy a 200k watch? Well, it's special..until you see one for 500k that is more special, and so forth. You can either keep on trying to one-up your collecting friends, or you end up like me, where you skip the middle-man and just buy what makes you happy. Haute horology doesn't matter to me. My eyes can't see the details, and since there is no historical value, then I don't care about the pieces themselves. They'll always be interesting, but not something I'd desire. Think of it this way Anon: you could always afford to go to the best french cuisine with excellent wine, but don't you really just want a pizza from a local place and a nice beer? Once you've had enough of it...well, all you want is all you want.

For me, it's the same with watches. I've been to enough Baselworld events to be wholly uninterested in what is happening. It's all the same, it's all played out. What you see is new combinations of the same idea; how to mechanically segment time and represent it physically. That's all. We have deadbeat mechanicals, we have spring drives. We have tourbillons and double and triple axis. We have triple split thanks to Lange. We have 20 hz Breguets, and other shit. We have the best materials, the best finishing, the best of everything you could ask for. Watchmaking from a single man to watchmaking from a team. But it's all the same. None of it comes close to a satellite linked digital in terms of accuracy, so what are we actually doing? We're playing with toys.
>>
>>16753220
>or you end up like me,
an old shitposting drunk, lying in an attempt to impress anons?

Yeah, no thanks.
>>
File: IMG_20220106_163638.jpg (1.26 MB, 2532x2764)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
What's everyone wearing today?
>>
>>16753220
>You can either keep on trying to one-up your collecting friends, or you end up like me, where you skip the middle-man and just buy what makes you happy.
Well you must not have bought it yet, because you sound miserable. I'm not even saying that to be mean. You spent your Saturday night here.
>>
>>16753210
>>16753220
cont.

There comes a point where you just say, 'what am I doing? What am I chasing?'. Then, you start to look at your collection of toys and decide that since you're not really wearing them, and you only reach for a select few, why not sell the ones you don't reach for and have other people enjoy them instead. By the time Lange got big, I'd already owned an Eins and found it to be beautiful by unattractively heavy compared to the Calatrava I had...but even then, the Patek got boring with half the fucking room started getting them. Anyway, it wasn't for me, it was just larping.

What I realized about myself was that I like very specific designs, and I just go for them at the cheapest possible price because everything else is robbery. Paying full price at a boutique? Robbery. Paying the current prices for Rolex Grey market? Robbery. It's all the same. Measuring how much you paid for a watch to a colleague who has the same model? Valueless. Watches to me are simple things: they're an extension of one's personality, but they're also a statement of what the individual loves to look at (assuming one can afford to dabble in this).

If you enjoy horology, then the enjoyment comes from seeing what is possible to create by the hands of man. If you enjoy the process of acquisition, then it's less about horology and more about being in control and 'owning'. Like a few of my colleagues who have stepped back, I'm past that point of owning and now am just at the stage of enjoying what I have. The desire to acquire has been replaced by the desire to discover internally.

>>16753223
Your loss.

>>16753224
Right now, the 2254.50. How's the Tag running?
>>
>>16753228
>Watches to me are simple things: they're an extension of one's personality,
Thread: observe this.

This is the consoomer mindset. Avoid this at all costs.
>>
File: Nicolas Cage Laugh.gif (1.74 MB, 177x150)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB GIF
>>16753228
>it was just larping.
it's still larping, LMAO
>>
File: Considering....jpg (116 KB, 768x1024)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>16753230
Definitely. It's better if you keep lusting after 200$ Miyota powered shitters, eventually splurging on a Seiko 5 because it's almost like the Rolex Explorer that you lust after but can't get because they're too expensive at the moment. Then when you're old enough, you get the Rolex and are sad because it's not as nice as the JLC...and then you're torn. When you get the JLC, it's not as nice as the Patek, and so forth. If the market is as good to you as it was to me, you'll come out even in the end.

>>16753232
Have a good evening Anon. Time for more wine.
>>
>>16753179
Found it, it's G100-1BV
>>
>>16753230
Boomers don't understand this. They only know buy, buy, buy more. More buying = more happiness. Look how many watches he has, doesn't he sound happy?
That's why the omegafag is now breaking his back trying to convince himself that he's "made it", but he has no sons to leave all his crap to.

Myself? I have one nice watch. A humble Explorer. But I have a baby son who will get it when he's old enough, just like my dad gave me his OP.
>>
>>16753169
Yeah, there's a lot that goes into these.
The grand feu enamel, the guilloché dials, the cases with the coin edging, the hand-soldered lugs, ... all take a lot of time and craftsmanship to make.
These are all things you won't get in any Patek of similar price.

The movement is also nicely finished by hand.
>>
Would it be a good everyday watch?
>>
File: file.png (683 KB, 1056x887)
683 KB
683 KB PNG
>>16752806
Based. I've wanted an Omega since I saw Goldeneye but I remain a poorfag (at least too poor to shill out $10k on a watch) and still don't have one.
>>
>>16753276
GoldenEye Seamasters, reference 2541.80.00, can be easily found between 2-3k USD.

They're a great watch, very thin, they go with everything. They look 90s as fuck now, but that bracelet is actually extremely comfortable.
>>
>>16753285
Still, that's quite a lot to spend on a watch for me. I'm already spending shitloads on just maintaining a car and a home. I'll get one someday probably, maybe when COVID is over and prices sink because I'm pretty sure that's pushed them up all over again.
>>
File: 1600152213309.jpg (194 KB, 1600x1370)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
Omega anon is back. Fuck

Everytime he starts posting the thread is just like wading through a swamp of tedious pedantry. His stupid overwrought essay length posts suck the fun out of everything. Its like he gas hired himself as the world worst watch. Journalists and we are a captive audience.

I hate you omega anon, actually hate you.
>>
>>16753301
I know I hate him too. What are you wearing?
>>
File: IMG_3090.jpg (2.96 MB, 3024x4032)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
Replaced the old beat up strap/case with an AliExpress one and it's really good. I recommend for £12!
>>
File: IMG_2314.jpg (1.65 MB, 4032x3024)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>16753306
>>
>>16753292
>and prices sink because I'm pretty sure that's pushed them up all over again.
Those are an older model, so prices have been pretty steady on those for a while now. They don't have major collector's value since they're quartz. They've been out of production for over a decade I think.

A lot of money? Yes, but you'd always be able to sell it back for what you paid.
>>
I FUCKING HATE TISSOT
>>
>>16753305
Kinky...
>>
>>16753310
>A lot of money? Yes, but you'd always be able to sell it back for what you paid.
True but I doubt I ever would, it's a watch I've always liked. I will get one eventually and the fact that collectors don't care is even better, it's cheap and I like it and that's all that matters.
>>
Holy shit that guy is annoying. I'd love to post another cockring pic with an omeegher, but I'll get banned again.
>>
Did you know that there is NFC chip embedded in the warranty card of Tudor watches with METAS certified movements? (so far only Black Bay Ceramic..)

When you scan the chip with your smartphone then you are forwarded to a webpage that show the actual certification results for your specific movement. A bit geeky and perhaps gimmicky, but I could not help but to be a bit amazed when I saw the data presented for the actual watch on my wrist
>>
File: 1626034547669.jpg (18 KB, 280x404)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>16753329
A NFC tag? How revolutionary.
>>
Got a blog for you, it's short though.
I realise what it is about the Seamaster I don't like, there's no one design aspect to it I hate but I realise there's too much there for one watch and it just looks massively over-designed and not all of it is necessarily in the same style. That was fine in the 90s because that was the style at the time to have just loads of random shit for something to look luxurious. Think Frasier's apartment, the Seamaster is the Frasier's apartment of watches.

Part 2 is Tudor, I genuinely believe most people are not buying them as a cope for not having a Rolex. There's a pretty sizable market for homages to classic Submariners out there in this Fauxtina fad we're in and it makes sense that Rolex wants in on that. But why oh why would you make your heritage homage marque's watches so bloody chunky? Submariners back in the day were barely over 10mm thick (and therefore could just about fit under a lose cuff, hence its versatility favoured by Bond impersonators) whereas Tudors are like 50% thicker than that today, why? Even for the Pelagos which is smooth, brushed, matte and extremely modern as well as anti-bling, so why is such a minimalist watch so goddamn thick!?
>>
File: PXL_20210925_144949833.jpg (1.67 MB, 3840x2160)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>16753381
The thickness doesn't bother me
>>
>>16752709
I like full digital Pro Treks more because they offer you the ability to display a vast amount of data on the screen besides time and date. There were some G-Shocks that compasses. Besides that, there are G-Shocks that feature the same shit the Pro Trek series has but it's basically all up to you what you use outside.
>>
>>16752792
Very nice Omega anon, I like your collection. But my favorite of all time from you is the Zenith Chronometer that thing looks like a wet dream manifested.
>>
>>16752875
Great find anon! Looks great, did you bring it to any watchmaker for service?
>>
>>16752709
How are any of those practical? The analog dial is cluttered and the negative dial is tiny and hard as shit to read, especially outside.

Those aren't outdoor watches, they're watches meant to feel outdoorsy
>>
>>16753264
Yes, this was my first "fancy" watch, I wore it everyday for many years. Even now that I got more money and bought a couple of more expensive watches I still cycle it occasionally.
>>
>>16753415
If it's so good why did you feel the need to upgrade retard.
>>
>>16753159
Why doe PRX Quartz based
>>
>>16753224
I tried this on the other day and just couldn't get behind the thickness and the shape, it felt too weird on my wrist. Shame because I think it looks great standalone
>>
>>16753396
I’d like to get the Pelagos but I can’t because I live somewhere that is cold most of the time and 15mm is just too thick to be wearing under a sleeve comfortably, and it’s overall just got blingy dimensions on a non-bling watch. BB58 is more or less acceptable dimensions again if you’re not having to wear it under a sleeve or doubling it up as a casual watch as well as something more dressy.
>>
>>16753418
if you already made some great posts why did you feel the need to reply to me retard?
>>
File: file.png (161 KB, 300x455)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>16753224
Pic rel, GW-002E-1V. I think I like Monaco the best out of the whole Tag lineup, I might get one someday because of how cool it looks.
>>
>>16753306
Yo that's absolutely based anon, what's the reference number for that G-Shock?
>>
File: P8170326.jpg (2.74 MB, 4288x3216)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB JPG
>>16753276
Anon here >>16753285 is dead on. Keep an eye out for them, particularly from Japan. You can always get good deals around November or March when the Yakuza drop their loads.

>>16753301
>>16753305
You don't seem to understand yet. This is my Walmart. I don't cum here to flex, I CUM TO SAVE!

>>16753315
Just remember that the collectors only want the mechanical. The quartz will always be valued less. Normally they start around 2k USD, but you can find ones for less.

>>16753329
Had no idea, but it makes sense. Cheaper than printing out the old cert, anyway.

>>16753381
I agree it's a problem; less so for the 2254.50 but still there. As for the Choodors, they are thick because the movements are thick; that seems to be the only reason. But it comes with the territory, and it's something that I think Rolex does on purpose to remind anyone who buys a Choodour that it's inferior to the Rolex option; a built-in behavioral encouragement, you could say.

>>16753404
Which Omega do you like? Also; I plan to do more pics of the Zenith once it's back from servicing. I had no idea anyone else would like it, as it's a very obscure model, and pocket watches are underappreciated here. The case is sterling silver, it has a display back, and it comes in a really nice box too. Anyway, more pics when it's back (hopefully by the end of this month or next). The watch is heavy and large, with a very pronounced sound. I miss it Anon.
>>
>>16753427
Pelagos is a chonker, primarily because of the slab sides, i still like the way it looks tho. It really doesn't fit bad in real life, its like 2mm taller and 3mm longer,so its still easy to pull off. Really surprised how it was when i tried one on, reading all the comments i was expecting a brick on a strap.
>>16753444
You will never be an astronaut YWNBAA
>>
Interesting double post error
>>
File: yup.jpg (204 KB, 500x500)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>16753444
My dream Omega is Alaska Project but with a price tag like that, it's a faraway dream on another planet kinda watch. Out of your collection, you own a 105.012 so also NASA watch, big based. I'm also kinda a space/NASA weeb so there we go :P Yeah, the Zenith really makes a big impact, I'm not really into pocket watches but that dial is really mindblowing, certainly, I'd set it as a desk ornament to look at it.
>>
>>16753419
>Why doe PRX Quartz based
He's mad because they made a 35mm one and he'd already purchased the 40mm one.
>>
>>16753427
The Pelagos is a watch that is designed to its purpose. The 58 is a do-it-all watch for someone who doesn't need or want a collection. I don't think anyone buys a Pelagos as their only watch, but when you're dressed casually (and you're not a manlet) the Pelagos complements an outfit nicely.
>>
>>16753468
>>16753452
Sure but again where I live is cold enough that casual clothing still involves long sleeves, I’m not a wristlet and I have fairly large hands so it might not sit as proud on my wrist as it does on its critics’, but just physically I think 15mm is too tall for someone mainly wearing sleeves.

The FXD is slimmer and is also matte, but yikes, only NATOs and French Navy larp branding.
>>
File: P8170327.jpg (3.08 MB, 4288x3216)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB JPG
>>16753452
I find the Pelagos fits like the IWC fliegers; it's not that the pelagos isn't comfortable (the bracelet is a clear winner in terms of fit), it's just that it doesn't feel luxurious or refined in any way. That kind of approach to the tool-watch aesthetic fails in an industry that has already proven it can create a watch with style and strength. Hell, even the Longines compressor-case diver is more elegant, and that's a fraction of the price. That's why I think the Pelagos, while the most integrated aesthetic design of any of Tudor's current lineup, will always be a compromise for a buyer who wants something more but just can't get it. As for never being an Astronaut...do I have to be one? All this social pressure is making me feel bad...

>>16753462
The Alaska project is a cool watch, but no one bought it originally due to the Red Donut that is utterly useless and the white straps that tend to get yellowish with wear and age. I had a friend who has one, but it's now locked in a safe while he decides whether or not to sell it. I think I only saw it on his wrist a few times, but because he's a hoarder, he just kept it over the decade. The prices today are extraordinary though, and I remember when you could get them new in box for cheap around 2013 or so. It came out a few years prior, around the same time as the Omega was going with their inhouse coaxial for the first time.

I was very lucky with the 66 Speedy; that's a 'right place, right time' kind of purchase. It's easily my favorite watch of the whole 'collection', and the only one I'd keep if I turned into a 1-watch nerd. If you are looking for a cal. 321, the 145.012s are the most affordable, followed by mine, and then the Ed Whites. Everything else has become unobtainium unless you are friends with a fellow collector. Then it becomes a matter of trading off pieces (i.e. I'll take your Royal Oak for my Dubuis perpetual....etc.).
>>
File: holdon.jpg (33 KB, 360x247)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>16753463
I mean 40mm still seems like a based watch, all the same, it does appear to wear big because of the lugs and integrated bracelet but eh, I'd need to try it on. The 35mm one only got announced and it's not released yet, right?

I would like to try the big one first because I was thinking about treating myself to a new watch and with my 25th birthday coming PRX seems like it would be a perfect thing to gift to myself. Tho I'm not sure yet desu
>>
>>16753428
>if you already made some great posts why did you feel the need to reply to me retard?
Dafuq lameyo.
>>
>>16753381
>Submariners back in the day were barely over 10mm thick
What?
Who told you that?

Ref. 6568 (Goldfinger era) was around 15mm thick
Ref. 5513 (Roger Moore era) was around 14mm thick
Subs only got thin once they moved to sapphire, the ref. 14060 for example, is around 12.5mm thick.

The current 124060 is 12mm and is actually a hair thicker than the BB58.
>>
File: like so.png (2.2 MB, 946x957)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
>>16753004
Like so?
>>
Ok faggot stop shilling BI and your poorfag smelly
water
>>
>>16753463
How do you know me?
>>
>>16753476
>The 35mm one only got announced and it's not released yet, right?
Correct. It comes out in late April.
>>
File: P7120296.jpg (1010 KB, 2560x1920)
1010 KB
1010 KB JPG
>>16753462
cont. If you're looking for the Zenith, you can occasionally find them on the market. They made them over the course of about 3 decades, in Gold and in Silver, with a few different dial combinations. You can get arabic or roman numerals, moonphase or no moonphase, and that's about it. Some of the gold models were altered and adjusted by another watchmaker, so those ones are hyper expensive and rare, but the silver Zenith ones are available to a degree, and still undiscovered by anyone who cares. I was lucky with mine...I haven't seen many with my particular combo (i.e. roman numerals and moonphase), which is the one I wanted. It's a hell of a watch, and a kickass chronometer, and has served me well. When I use it at work, it is out on the desk; a reminder of beautiful things in a world filled with ugliness. The last time I saw one on the market, it was going for around 5-6k USD. Just be warned though; like Omega and Rolex, Zenith has now started restricting parts to watchmakers, so if anything goes wrong, you have to send it direct to Zenith for servicing. That's why mine is taking so fucking long. But that's also the problem of using a watch that is over 3 decades old...eventually it needs to go back to the maker.

>the speedy only turns vintage with the velcro or the JB Komfit
>>
>>16753472
Its like 14.3
I find it very amusing reading the thickness argument. Its like the default crowd sourced response. Take the seamaster 300, which is a true 15mm thicc, and you will never see a comment about how its too thicc. Because its ~*OmEgA*~ and they get a free pass for their crap, while tudor is only compared to and judged against ROLEX. Which is incredibly flatter6 to tudor, and maybe derogatory against ROLEX, depending on which side of the fence you find yourself on. Pelagos is a tool watch, a diver, a sports watch, whatever you want to call it, it has no pretence of being a svelte dress watch. There are many other options for a small wrist, but a size issue for smaller men doesn't mean the watch is bad for others.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=CtAtbbMRUr8

>>16753473
YWNBAA
>>
>>16753473
>the pelagos is so unique in its utilitarian design and build as a tool watch, I can only see wearing it a compromise for someone who wants a completely different style of watch that appears more luxurious
If that is what you’re saying, I don’t get that.
>>
>>16753473
Aye, I'm aware of the pure collectible status of Alaska. I was always thinking along the lines "Why own it if I wouldn't wear it?" and the straps could be taken off but still would be kinda a waste not to use the whole package. I do find the Donut hilarious enough that I'd wear it at least once with it on.
>>16753494
Cheers Omega anon I will keep that in mind, not that I'm going to get it but looking around and finding it would be enough to bring a smile to my face. Cheers!
>>
>>16753495
I’m not knocking it based on appearance or because it doesn’t work as a one watch collection, I literally mean it’s physically too tall for the clothes I need to wear even casually and that’s a shame for me because I really like the matte aesthetic
>>
>>16753481
My mistake, I was thinking of a 80s Tudor Submariner I’d seen, I did not realise Rolexes were always as thick. IIRC weren’t Seamaster 200s of the 80s also quite slim at 10 or 11mm?
>>
>>16753306
>>16753308
The ali one piece straps are ugly but I'm glad you're enjoying it. I stick to oem straps and bezels.
>>
File: P7230300.jpg (3.08 MB, 4288x3216)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB JPG
>>16753495
I think it's compared to the Rolex because the Rolex Seadweller is the superior version of the Pelagos. It's an obvious comparison. The thickness is a problem because the pre-coaxial Seamasters were around 11-12mm thick, which is far thinner than most. The modern Seamasters are thicker, but no one seems to care, as you rightly point out. Perhaps it's just about what people are used to. If you're used to a Submariner, the Pelagos is too thick and unrefined. If you're used to a Seamaster, the Pelagos is too thick and unrefined.

>>16753496
I know. The issue is with the lack of refinement of the case, and the unfortunate comparisons that can be made to other watches in the same pricepoint or by it's higher-end company brother. Why buy a pelagos instead of a Seadweller? I have no idea.

>>16753499
I saw him wear it once over his parka...lol It looked as stupid as you can think it would look, and he took it off because he was worried he'd get the donut scratched on hidden ice in the snow. That was a downer. Regarding the Zenith; look for it in American markets (pocket watch forums, mostly), or old European markets (i.e. Italy, Spain, that sort of thing). Also; a lot of collectors of pocket watches are now so old that they're looking to offload their collection. It may be the right time to find a good deal on one. Normally collectors would buy from other collectors, but in this case everyone is old, so no one is buying. That's where you might get a deal. Good hunting Anon!

>the real winner is the new Omega flatlink bracelet..if any Anons have a Speedy, get this bracelet on order...you won't regret it.
>>
>>16753501
I like the aesthetic also, its nice.
>>16753511
I think it's fair and not at all unreasonable to judge it against something blinged out and 3x the cost.
>>
>>16753413
The analog hands are clearly legible and the lcd is one of the biggest in an ana-digi watch with great viewing angles. It works great when it's well lit and has a light for the dark.
>>
>>16753396
I’m mirin’
>>
File: Victory!.gif (1.95 MB, 496x201)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>16753499
Speak of the devil. Do you want a gold one with Arabic numerals and no box or papers?

https://www.chrono24.com/zenith/pocket-watch-pocket-master-chronometre-cal-5011k---ref-300050148-neuve-de-stock--id22176061.htm

8800USD isn't bad for the gold version, but with no box or papers it should probably be valued in the 6k range.

>>16753513
Well, then I'd compare it to any Omega Seamaster that used the cal. 1120, which are cheaper on the grey market (sometimes by half the price), and more iconic. The movements are comparable in terms of performance, so...win? Pelagos looks chunky by comparison again. The only win with the Pelagos is the adjustments on the clasp, and even that looks unrefined after a few hours.
>>
>>16753440
Not him, it's a GLX-5600.
>>
>>16753511
>The issue is with the lack of refinement of the case
But in what sense? Brushed titanium isn’t for everyone, but I wouldn’t think of it as being unrefined per se, just more a choice in practicality in use rather than versatility in styles.
>>
>>16753519
>Iconic
Trite and status focused
The clasp is great, its the cherry on top. Ill admit quick adjust is not everything, if don't find the constant need to adjust my watch, but the spring system they use makes it a no brainer, its not like you have to punch a pin out. You should buy what you think looks cool, everything else is justification
>>
>>16753522
I'll put it another way. The case shape of the Pelagos is simple without being elegant, competent without being thoughtful, looking stamped instead of sculpted. If that case came on a 1.5k Laco or Stowa, no one would care. But divers have been the most heavily competitive sub-category of watches since Goldeneye; there's a lot on the market, and for the price the Pelagos commands from retail, one has to ask precisely why. I used to like titanium myself, so the material isn't the problem to me. For the performance of the movement, the design and finishing, and the pedigree, the watch is too expensive.

>>16753524
I agree totally; that's why these are 'luxury' products; the buyer makes their own justification, as I said a few hours ago. But status and 'iconicity' exist for a reason Anon. Ugly watches either become iconic for being ugly, or they disappear into the ether to be rediscovered by someone who likes them. If the Pelagos had a better movement and a thinner case, it might be a contender. If it had the same clasp but more refined (i.e. nicer corners and edges, better fitment, etc.), then it might be a contender. But all of the problems that one encounters with the watch occur solely because it's in a category of watches where comparisons are always being made to the two main winners: the Rolex Sub, and the Omega Sea. After these, you have all the brands who either copy them or do their own thing, ugly though they may be. Some are iconic but unpopular (Fifty Fathoms), some are iconic and cheap (Longines Legend Diver), and some are just..well, forgettable (nearly all divers from modern JLC, Breguet, and the rest). It is possible to have elements of a watch design that are better or worse than others, not only on a practical level, but on an aesthetic level. This is where the Pelagos fails, specifically in their case design.
>>
>>16753532
Holy fuck dude do you ever turn off.
>>
File: one.jpg (152 KB, 1000x667)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>16753536
Yes, when I reach the right exit.
>>
>>16753542
I can never get over how crap those hands are he makes
>>
>>16752954
Aragon = Invicta homages. Shit watches.
>>
>>16753543
i noticed that too, the bottom two look like they were bent out of shape. That or the dial is curved and the hands don't match that curvature.
>>
>>16753543
Yup...they're very simple and finished rather conventionally Still, the legibility is undeniable; there's no confusion between the minute hand and hour hand, for instance, and all the hands reach their markers or overlap. You see the same on English observatory long-case clocks.
>>
>>16753228
LARP or not you're speaking the uncomfortable truth about the hobby. I appreciate your insight. How long have you been collecting watches?
>>
File: 20220115_150712.jpg (3.64 MB, 2124x3483)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB JPG
>>16753224
Wearing my Weekdater. I managed to get it started again, perhaps it was just out of power, ganna wear it for a couple of days and see if it keeps going. Wish me luck.
>>
>>16753483
neat, i'll keep an eye out
>>
>>16753536
>Holy fuck dude do you ever turn off.
He doesn't have a family and he obviously has no IRL friends (can you imagine wanting to hang out with someone so pedantic?) so this is the only way he can interact with the outside world.

He's very lonely.
>>
Better than a Rolex for 500 buckaroonis, debate me bitch

Traska Commuter
>>
Why do my watches seem to gain/lose the most time overnight?
>>
>>16753396
Is that the Marine Nationale? Not that bad actually but Yema makes one for 1/4 the price
>>
>>16753532
I’d agree it’s more expensive than it should be, but I don’t think there’s anything intrinsically unrefined about its industrial design. I just think it was a poor choice on Tudor’s part to go for an minimalist industrial look but with chonky, blingy dimensions that for me is a bigger problem because it won’t fit under a sleeve
>>
>>16753506
>I did not realise Rolexes were always as thick. IIRC weren’t Seamaster 200s of the 80s also quite slim at 10 or 11mm?
A lot of the thickness was from the domed acrylic crystals (and over their service lives they'd have them swapped out between high and low dome acrylics, which further changes things by about a mm.

Their wearability came not from manageable thickness but from weight. Between the rattly, old hollow bracelets and a plastic crystal, they were nice and light. Today's solid bracelets, maxi cases, and sapphire crystals make them a bit heavier.

Yes, the Seamaster 200's (a.k.a the pre-Bond) were quite thin (~10mm) because the ETA 2982 movement is itself thin. The quartz ones were even thinner at ~9mm.
>>
>>16753577
I don't understand the Traska hate. Probably will order once they're back. I was considering forest green but that looks nice
>>
>>16753582
No, that's just a regular Black Bay 58 Blue on the fabric strap.
>>
>>16753579
That’s when the power reserves are lowest, lower power reserve often means slightly less accuracy
>>
>>16753594
Me neither, only thing is the confusion in marketimng, some say the steel is hardened while some say it's a coating. But honestly Teddy's demonstration with Mr.Wonderful really put an end to it, I own a Rolex Sub and even I'm jealous when I saw that, I hate that I have to bring mine in for full service to get it looking nice. Stupid
>>
>>16753608
"Case hardening" affects the surface layer. So if that's what it's about, then it's almost like a coating but not actually a coating; rather the topmost layer's properties are altered, while retaining a less brittle core. Case hardening is used in e.g. firearms; I don't see much point for it in watch exteriors.
>>
>>16753611
I do, it eliminates scratches occuring, just like when we pay extra for sapphire glass!
>>
>>16753611
Ive read its a coating
I think damasko or sinn do the case hardening thing
>>
>>16753579
dial up might be a bad position for your watches too, try putting them away in a different position
>>
File: GLX-5600-Guide.jpg (153 KB, 1002x600)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>16753440
This was the white G-lide. GLX-5600
>>
>>16753608
>>16753611
Do all Traskas have it or just some models? I'm looking at the commuter
>>
>>16753699
It supposed to the be all the traskas, but just take a look at your suppoosed model.
>>
>>16753396
YWNBAR
>>
>>16753740
This thread has melted your brain.

Your Tudor Black Bay will never be a Rolex Sub
Your Sub will never be a GMT Master
Your GMT Master will never be a Daytona
Your Daytona will never be a Patek 5990
Your Patek 5990 will never be a Grande Complication
Your Grande Complication will never be a Piece Unique

Enjoy being miserable every time you look at your wrist.
>>
>>16753765
Just ignore them. You'd have to be a real miserable cunt to care about opinions ITT or desperate want an expensive watch just because. It'll probably be 10 years before I own a watch worth over 2k and you know what? I really don't give a shit because I'm not loaded rich. As long as monke brain thinks it looks nice, it's all gravy
>>
>>16753740
Thank god
More of a GS fag anyway
>>
>>16753415
Ok thanks, I just bought it
>>
>>16753396
Based tooter anon, I want this in bronze
>>
>>16753790
I don't know if i can take the bronze pill, but i really do like that dial and 369 they have on them, really nice. Id probably have to keep it polished tho
>>
>>16753519
Can you say how does Omega's grey market looks like? I'm completely unfamiliar with "watch grey market". How do you even find such watches?
>>
Any good Chinese aliexpress versions of a Bell & Ross?
I know the Seiko 2628-004A, but it's hard to find a good one.
And I've found Wenger, but they all look like absolute shit.
>>
What do you guys think of this watch? Is the brand any good, do any of you have any experience with it? Here is the link: https://www.merkurwatch.com/Chinese-Style-Military-70s-Super-Luminouse-dial-Original-design-MERKUR-Watch-Chinese-Vintage-Enamel-Dial-Shipped-in-January-2022-p1733439.html
>>
>>16753821
>watch grey market
this is where new, authentic (most of the time) watches are sold via non-ADs. They can come at a discount compared to what the AD charges, but you also don't get a warranty.
The gray market dealers have been recently moving into the used watch sphere to take advantage of the bubble.

Jomashop is an example of one.

With Omega, though, and most other brands except for Rolex, you can get a pretty healthy discount from an AD if you just ask.
When I bought my Seamaster 300M, the MSRP was around 5100USD or so, but the gray market price was around 4000USD. But when I asked my AD if there was any movement in the MSRP, he instantly gave me 1000 dollars off the MSRP.

I ended up paying a little more than gray market price, but I also made it back when I flipped the watch, since a lot of buyers are skittish about buying a watch without a filled-out warranty card, so I was able to get more for it.
>>
>>16753857
Really interesting desu. Grey market for watches sounds good for people who just want a high-end watch but don't want to pay the MSRP.

>since a lot of buyers are skittish about buying a watch without a filled-out warranty card

I always thought that original unfilled papers
were sought after but that's not the case for modern watches only vintage right?
>>
>>16753895
No, if the warranty is not filled-out and stamped by an AD, then the watch basically has no warranty.
The warranty travels with the watch, not the person.

Example:
If you bought a Tudor GMT from a gray market dealer and it developed the date skip problem, Tudor would repair it (since it's their product) but it would not be covered under warranty. You'd pay for the repairs.

If you bought a used Tudor GMT with a filled out warranty card, and the same problem developed, the AD would honor the warranty. The owner's name is not on the warranty card. The model and serial numbers of the watch, the date of purchase and the stamp of the dealer are what go on the card.

Now, obviously, if you're buying a watch with a Sellita or ETA movement that anyone can fix, or if you're buying an older model with no known issues, then gray market is pretty safe.
>>
>>16753912
Ah I see, that clears up a lot thanks anon. From personal experience would you suggest someone seek out grey market watches or stick with retail?
Or is it more on a case-to-case or what do you exactly want basis?
>>
File: descarga (1).jpg (249 KB, 1440x1920)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
I just saw most of the watches discussed here in person for the first time, and I must say the Grands Seikos were the nicest of them all, especially the blue-ish snowflake, which really surprised me as they look mostly bland on the internet. Just a perfect watch all around.
>>
>>16753532
What's wrong with the Pelagos movement? As far as I know it's pretty solid. I agree that the case is too thick but it's comfy and the clasp is great.
>>
>>16753917
>Or is it more on a case-to-case or what do you exactly want basis?
Case by case.

If the discount I can get from the AD is within a couple %age points of gray market, I'll pay a little extra to get the peace of mind of a warranty (and also develop a sales relationship with the AD for when I want to get some limited edition piece).

If it's a less expensive watch or one that I know I'm probably going to end up flipping anyway, I would go used first, then gray market.
>>
>>16753930
>which really surprised me as they look mostly bland on the internet
Very true. As gorgeous as some photos are, their dials actually photograph very poorly. Pics never capture the depth of the texture.
>>
>>16753930
Skyflake is reall nice
GS does a shit job with renders, its almost criminal. Many companies do this, ill never understand it either, watches look soo much better in person
>>
>>16753932
>What's wrong with the Pelagos movement?
Nothing, he's just memeing. There's no other poster that spends more time and effort typing more shit that's completely wrong.
>>
>>16753935
Cheers, again anon! That helps a lot.
>>
>>16753594
>don't understand the Traska hate
Because any simple sports watch will inherently draw comparisons to Rolex.

So many watch owners seem to be smooth brain brand loyalist of a kind that puts 13 year old xbox PlayStation kiddies to shame.
>>
>>16753765
I bought a 300 mecha quartz chronograph and I'm pretty happy :p
>>
>>16753979
I think a lot of the microbrand hate is also pooh-pooh'ing their efforts.
>["Real" watch company name] engineers their own movements, builds their own cases, has designed such-and-such technologies.
>[Microbrand name] just has a bunch of components cheaply made in China and slaps them together with their own name on the dial.

These are the same people who typically dismiss any watch that doesn't have an "in-house" movement.
It goes without saying that this criticism mostly speaks to a lack of understanding of the industry's supply chain/manufacturing processes.
>>
>>16753765
>Your Grande Complication will never be a Piece Unique
Your Piece Unique will never be a Casio.
>>
>>16754012
Nice.
Happiness for watch collectors is fleeting because the entire hobby is predicated on consooming, which is to say, constantly feeling like you need more. The more you buy just leads you to remind yourself of how little you have.
One needs to consciously pull yourself out of it (or learn to live with hating yourself.)
>>
>>16754034
lol epic for the win!
>>
>>16754044
I'm happy when the hunt was good and I got something attractive that had good features for the price
>>
>>16754044
I wore 1 watch all through high school and college. A cheap little Swatch.
Then I got a job and went crazy buying (I called it collecting) all sorts of watches, from cheapies to Rolexes to Trilogy pieces, modern, vintage, you name it.

The Rona is the best thing to happen for me since I decided to liquidate my entire collection in the middle of a bubble except for a quartz electric blue Omega Seamaster.
>>
>>16754074
No one likes a quitter
>>
>>16753699
Traska commuter has the hardening. Does a great job protecting from scratches.
>>
>>16754090
>commuter
What an awful name for a watch. Was wage-slave taken?
>>
File: IMG20220115190932.jpg (3.85 MB, 2980x3030)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB JPG
hello, can anyone identify this watch? what can you tell me about it?
>>
Is the anon with the nodate polerouter around?
>>
>>16754103
>Freediver
>Summiteer
>Venturer
>Commuter
Should've done Traska Oysterer
>>
>>16754111
Isn't West a brand of cigarettes. Was that something you got for trading in a bunch of cigarette labels?
>>
File: pole.png (422 KB, 600x602)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
>>16754115
Not him, i just love the looks of this thing. Such an elegant and timeless design.
>>
>>16754120
could be, the logo is very similar
>>
If I took a modern white dial watch and left it under a uv lamp, would the dial get a patina?
>>
>>16754120
Yes, it's West cigarettes. It looks like some cheap bottom of the barrel, business gift type of thing.
>>
>>16753532
jesus did they seriously ripoff the wave dial
>>
>>16754118
You mean the Trashka Buggerer?
>>
What kind of leather would look the least offensive on a dive watch. I saw omegas 300 on a dark brown strap and my micro shitter looks an awful lot like that
>>
>>16754158
shark
>>
File: 20220115_192558.jpg (3.36 MB, 4032x3024)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB JPG
So, is it worth it to waste 20 Euros on any of these shitters? I honestly like the blue one, but i cant decide if i should waste the 20 bucks on this or on a fucking yugioh card.And no, i am not a poorfag, normally i would just buy it without thinking, but i am just really stingy right now since i am saving for something quite expensive
>>
>>16754159
I meant more normal types. Was thinking suede
>>
Interesting were writing about this watch today
https://youtube.com/watch?v=W9wldulOob8
>>
>>16754132
IDK, probably not. Water (liquid or vapour) has something to do with it as well i think. You need plenty of time too, these things take time to develop. And it depends on the materials, some paints/laquers that were used back then have a tendency to develop patina, others don't. And a fake patina will always be fake, you can't beat natural.
>>
>>16754141
It's clearly different from the one Omega has. Unless you're trying to say that because Omega has a wave patterned dial that anyone that ever uses any sort of waves on the dial is now copying Omega. I don't think it works that way.
>>
Recommend me a smart watch for android
>>
>>16754183
The waves that Omega uses don't look like that anymore, but go look at the waves from the Brosnan Bond era pieces and you'll see they are dead-on.
>>
>>16754186
Garmin
>>
>>16754172
Do you really want them or are they just cheap. The world doesn't need any more shit filling up landfills.
>>
File: tudor.jpg (18 KB, 162x361)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>16753036
>>16753048
>>16753083
>>16753765
>>16753599
Black Bay=B.B.=Big Boy

These jokes just write themselves
>>
Have you tagged him in your Casio posts /wt/?

https://youtu.be/v_pj7F4_SV0
>>
>>16753930
so what do you think about textured GS dials vs non textured GS dials?
it's kinda funny that a lot of old school people think the textured dials are a complete gimmick but then i read accounts like yours
i really have to drag my feet to a boutique one day
the only reason i haven't just bought one sight unseen is because they raised prices lol
>>
>>16754186
none, because paying up the nose to get pozzed,tagged, vaxxed, zucked, cucked for garbage that's going in the trash can in two years is dumb
>>
>>16754217
You pretty much have to post a wrist shot of your own, now.
>>
>>16754210
i am just tempted by the price. again, normally i would just buy them without thinking, but i wasted like almost a grand building a max rarity yugioh deck recently, and i am still missing a few expensive cards, not to mention as i said i am currently saving for something quite a bit expensive. i guess inwill just wait and buy an actual watch later down the line
>>
>>16753420
I was the opposite, I thought they looked weird before trying one but after wearing it I realized I didn't mind the size and shape.
>>
>>16753571
Good luck, can you hand wind it or does it have to use the rotor?
>>
>>16753435
Thanks, I'm not crazy about those utilitarian watches but I'm glad you're enjoying it.
>>
Can't wait for my quartz chrono shitter. Payed 300 for brand new. Comes with sapphire, lume and 10b water resistance
>>
>>16754246
Nope, can't. That's also why you can't see the crown, it's recessed into the case (which makes the watch look very sleek to my eyes). It was one of their first automatic movements (with the magic lever system) so they hid the crown as you wouldn't use it that much anyway as the watch wound itself automatically. The movement later evolved into the 6245 in the first ever automatic Grand Seiko, the 62GS.
>>
>>16753264
it looks like a perfect everyday watch
>>
File: 1640381038395.jpg (1.04 MB, 2560x1440)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
Fuck. Seeing this pic makes me want to get a white dial watch on a gray strap
>>
why don't people get their watches sized at their AD lol
>>
File: 20220115_140341.jpg (1.38 MB, 3024x3017)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>16753224
the grandpa watch
>>
>>16754277
light colored watches also look great on various shades of brown
>>
Do Citizen watches even have any soul?
>>
>>16754287
only the old ones and the ones with the 8 o clock crowns
>>
>>16754287
There's no soul. There's just clout. Some have.
>>
>>16753851
Merkur stuff is pretty decent, if you like that design you might also like the Baltany brand watches on aliexpress
>>
>>16754287
Good enough for Ron Swanson
>>
so citizen removed the listing for the aq4030 from their website and not even japanese archive sites have it cached
i'm getting conflicting reports on it having duratect alpha or not, can anyone chime in?
i'm down for the larger case size and thickness (which is also disputed on some sites, even in japanese?) only for the tosa washi and highest rated coating citizen ever made
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (35 KB, 400x400)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>16754287
SOUL
>>
>>16754326
unfortunately there isn't great footage of this, i found like paul pluta and he said it's shit
some people complain the duratect platinum makes it too shiny and it gives a more sterile effect than a comparable grand seiko
>>
>>16754333
>>16754326
also those fuckers at citizen can't even give us a blued seconds hand
>>
I swear, the Russians are like the biggest Citizen simps I can find. They seem to even prefer it over Casio.
>>
>>16754326
Why are they phasing out the "Chronomaster"? It's literally their heritage.
If they insist on the bulky eagle, can they at least balance it out with the Chronomaster text like on those LEs?
Fuck, they're just like Grand Seiko. They make a gazillion models but they still can't get the right mix of features on ONE.
>>
>Seiko used to unofficially write officially certified chronometer on their watches that they regulated to be within COSC
>Swiss malded
>Seiko now writes the widest fucking margins on their movements even though many report theirs are within COSC limits
Uhhhhhh I think I hate the Swiss?
>>
Here's how I want my collection to look like at the end of 2022:

Casio GA 2100
Casio DW 6900
Casio DW 5600
Citizen BN1050
PRX Quartz Silver 40
PRX Quartz Blue 35
Potentially a Seiko Alpinist if I can find one without defects locally

What is everyone's wishlist?
>>
>>16754326
Eww It'll mold after a few years
>>
>>16754359
SBGH295 or 413 maybe
Once i reach my savings goals for the year, ill decide.
>>
>>16754352
Why? Because the Japanese were lying about a certification? They didn't have to use that exact wording, they could have put a generic chronometer rating on it, but they intentionally mislead customers by implying their watches had been officially certified. Seems pretty shitty to me.
>>
>>16754359
I just got a GA-2100-1A1 today. It feels really nice, I definitely recommend getting it if you like a blacked out look. Maybe tomorrow I can take a picture in the better light.
>>
>>16754372
>GA-2100-1A1

That's the only one out of the Casios I already got. It's actually amazing how nice it is. I expected a nice looking piece of plastic, but this feels and looks substantial.
>>
Are we still doing the NFT thing?
>>
Apparently you aren't supposed to actually wind the 2892 or the Sellita clone... and are encouraged to just do the Seiko shake.
>>
>>16754359
-Original 62GS
-Original 44GS
-SBGA111 or any other Spring drive GS that i like, there are many
-I'm sure i could find other watches to add to the list, but for now, being so poor that i am happy if i can make it through the month and having some debt to repay..., i am quite happy with the watches i have. In fact i'm selling a couple of them, but they're rather shit so noone wants to buy them. Just waiting for better times...
>>
>>16754393
How much do the original GS go for?
>>
>>16753308
fuck this dude ur shits sick
>>16753508
>>
I just bought my first watch. Did I do good?
>>
>>16754415
Looks good anon, it should serve you well for a long time
>>
File: skx mother of pearl dial.jpg (387 KB, 1366x1366)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>16754359
>>16754359
from the ground up SKX mod with:
>nh-36 (ideally something with better power reserve or accuracy but idfk what that could be or if i even care)
>some aftermarket polished sides 3 o clock case
>pic related dial
>jubilee bracelet
>exhibition caseback
>cyclops sapphire
>sub style bezel
>regular black skx bezel insert
>black mercedes hands, maybe a red tipped second hand idk

>orient sun and moon
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254171831393
>casio mission impossible w/ teal nato strap
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202417252012
>this vostok amphibia
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384376713380
>this chinese datejust "homage"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324855328930?var=513856438448
>this g-shock i call "the playground g-shock" cause i showed my buddy and he said it looked like a playground
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324268950679
>this lil seiko 5 i wanna put on a leather strap and wear as my "watch that looks like a watch and nothing else" watch
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184373077652?hash=item2aed7de694:g:r9IAAOSwYMlfGIxQ
>>
>>16754388
Ask Hoedinky
>>
>>16754359
I'm trying to cut my collection down to only the pieces I actually wear.
- Cartier Santos
- Tooter Black Bay 58
- G Shock Mudman
>>
>>16754422
>nh-36 (ideally something with better power reserve or accuracy but idfk what that could be or if i even care)
You can buy the NE15 C which is the version of the 6R15 that seiko sells to other brands to use in watches, it's drop in compatible with the nh-35 series, same Dial mounts, stem height and thickness etc. It gets 50 hours power reserve and is slightly more accurate
>>
>>16754419
Thanks anon :) I'm happy with it so far. I wanted something with day and date, and that had 24hr denotations and was easy to read. Think I hit the nail on the head. Plus it was affordable
>>
>>16754412
No idea, i don't have the money anyway atm. Check chrono24.
>>
>>16754437
If you ever feel like you need a change of pace it should also look really nice on a leather strap.
>>
>>16754412
Anywhere from low 2k€ all the way up to 5k€ for the modern reissue (SBGR095).
>>
>>16754442
You might know, I don't yet. Will I have to advance the time 24h on the 1st after a 30 day month? I don't see how it'd manage that automatically
>>
>>16754103
>>16754118
They do have God awful marketing and copy writers. Their material makes it sound like they're trying to be much more than they are as opposed to being self aware or tough in cheek. Still like the watch tho
>>
>>16754415
Yeah that looks gud
>>16754422
That looks really nice
Smaller dots would be better tho
>>
File: 1641938342796.png (257 KB, 817x617)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>16754415
>>16754437

That's exactly what I want because I'm not excited to spend hundreds more on a Hamilton field watch. What's the ref number or model name?
>>
>>16753169
>:o

lol
>>
>>16754448
You will just be able to adjust the date forward a day without having to spin the time around 24 hours. Check the instructions it came with
>>
>>16754474
Didn't come with any. I'll find the manual online
>>16754462
aw0050-82e
>>
>>16754225
>so what do you think about textured GS dials vs non textured GS dials?
I liked both of them. It comes don to personal preference I guess.
>>
>>16754434
doesnt have a day complication doe
>>
New: >>16754521
New: >>16754521
New: >>16754521
New: >>16754521
New: >>16754521
New: >>16754521
>>
>>16754304
Thanks! I took a look at them and they look pretty cool
>>
>>16752876
Not yet, probably will on Monday.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.