[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why do people spend so many thousands of dollars just to permanently larp as a sailor 60+ years ago?

None of these designs are original or unique, its literally just a permanent costume of shit sailors used to get tattooed in the old days, but on steroids.

Unoriginal vintage larping has gone too far.
>>
Why does it bother you what people do with their money or body?
>>
y do u even care bro
>>
OP just wanna let out his frustration
>>
People with low IQ usually filter themselves out with low IQ hobbies such as drinking (to the point of alcoholism), smoking, riding motorcycles, and voting 3rd party.
Tattoos are no different.
>>
>>16745712
>>16745714
>>16745715
People are free to do what they want, but it can still be lame & cringe.
Got no issue with people who tattoo cool shit and don't just copy paste from old sailors photo's and sleeve up everything with moms credit card.
This is the tattoo equivalent of SUPREME'd up hypebeast teens, sure enough they are free to do what they want with money, but that doesn't make it less lame.
Hence the genuine question, what is the appeal?
>>
File: 20210902_060015-2.jpg (815 KB, 4032x3024)
815 KB
815 KB JPG
>>16745702
what if I told you I was a sailor but have no tattoos?
>>
>>16745721
But these are all high IQ pastimes, you midwit.
>>
>>16745725
The appeal is that it's a venerated tough guy look. Not everyone is meant to be quirky and invent something new. Most people just latch onto something that's already there
>>
>>16745702
Incels will always hate tattoos
>>
>>16745725
Oh no this guy think something is lame, what the fuck do we do now?
>>
>>16745764
Its not about having to invent something new.
I just think its odd that people completely copy paste something from a different era and then tattoo it permanently on themselves with no connection to that culture or time, and its not like he found some cool item from a different period, its the full body work copied.
If someone started dressing as an early 20th century sailor or larping some other specific old subculture every day they would be looked at as the goof they are, yet when they copy the entire full body tattoo design its fine, i guess tats are still new enough to normies that they have some special aura about them.
>>16745774
>>16745766
Start arguing any time.
>>
File: 20211129_074955.jpg (2.98 MB, 4032x3024)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
>>16745730
What if I told you I'm a sailor and have a bunch of tattoos and getting more.
>>
>>16745702
Modern day tattoo addiction by the hip and attention-seeking is a good example of the immature adult mind in action.
Clowns just dont think. They just live for the now and thats it.
Just like proper children
>>
>>16745888
trips of truth
>>
>>16745702
NPCs who want to seem "bad"
>>
>>16745712
>>16745714
>>16745715
Doodleniggers seething
>>
Not all of us have as beautiful bodies as you, OP some of us want to cover up
>>
Because the modern world sucks ass and is a nightmare hellscape. So instead I spend every waking moment trying to create a version of reality I actually like and find aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>16745702
None of the tatted up retards in this thread think of themselves as sailors
They thought they were being rebellious
But when everyone does it you're not special anymore
So you get more to outdo the posers
But you're just as fake as they are
>>
>>16745774
Kek, this guy in particular I can tell is a reddit hipster
>>
>>16745702
You're larping as a person and nobody gives you shit for it
>>
>>16745774
Jfc you tattoo apologists are such fags
>>
>>16745702
Talking about tattoos on /fa/ is like talking about Christ on /pol/, completely pointless troll feeding competitions
>>
>>16745725
It's ok if I copy from pre-history?
>>
>>16745784
>I just think its odd that people completely copy paste something from a different era
the whole style is called "traditional" you stupid faggot. maybe if you had a father instead of hatching from an egg you could understand the appeal of getting the same style your lineage had for centuries.

your anime-diseased mind might not like the tropes and symbols in traditional tattoo art, but they've been around forever because all sorts of people agreed on their symbolic power. you don't get a tattoo of a cat and say "this represents good fortune". you get the good fortune symbols and everyone in the know understands it. this isn't hard to understand and you certainly shouldn't be so upset you are making threads about it.
>>
>>16747054
That's cool would look good with very thin lines imo
>>
>>16747092
Ah yes, all the pretty boys who want to look tough/bad totally come from a lineage of rough working class sailors.
Shut the fuck up goober.
>>
>>16745702
No one cares about your rant.
Lets get into the real deal, w2c that belt? Looks cool.
>>
>>16745702
Because people like them, and have money to spend.

Different people like different things and it's okay. As long as nobody is hurting anybody there is nothing to be angry about.

Focus on improving your own life and enjoy it anon. Godspeed.
>>
>>16745702
Dont know. Because they feel empty on th einside. That they think covering their whollw body in tatoos would make them seem like they are someone. When it just makes them.... nothing. Covering in tatoos, piercings.. Its all just these people coping. And in many cases, they dont even know over WHAT they are coping over.
>>
>>16747520
I like tattoos because I find them pretty. I buy them the same way I buy beautiful clothing, because it pleases me.

I never hate on non-tattooed people, I find it weird how you guys spend brain power thinking about us so often, even in jest.

Remember to enjoy life once in a while bros.
>>
>>16745702
Two threads about how seething incels hate tattoos. Fan behavior
>>
>>16747511
The only people angry here are people getting buttblasted at someone questioning tattoos, there was no hate in OP, just a simple question which seems hard to answer.
>>16747536
>I like tattoos because I find them pretty.
Thats fair, but the question isnt about tats in general, it was pretty specific.
And at the same time, would you glue a cool set of clothing on yourself, specifically an entire vintage larp outfit.
>>16747092
>>16745766
>>16747626
Seething & projection.

So far the only answer to OP is "cause its... cool.", and then a bunch of seething.
>>
>>16747642
How am I projecting? You seething faggots have made two threads about hating tattoos.
>>
>>16747642
>So far the only answer to OP is "cause its... cool.", and then a bunch of seething
None of those tattoos are ‘sailor tattoos’. I don’t see a single ship, wheel, anchor or bald eagle.
>>
>>16745702
having this many tattoos shows the symptom of the current age, the age of peter pan syndrome.
Being old isn't respected anymore, people hate boomers, the world is a hellscape no one wants to grow old into, dating world is complete hell where no one wants to settle down, people chugging drugs as if they wont last until 40.
It's sad.
>>
File: 146.jpg (64 KB, 500x776)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>16747655
lol
>>
>>16745725
>old sailors
These old sailors did the exact same thing, it's called tradition anon, people have been copying eachother since time began.

People also take clothes from the past and wear them and they become popular again, where i live people wear flat caps what are similar in ways to what people wore in the 20's and 30's.
>>
>>16747675
>having this many tattoos shows the symptom of the current age
see
>>16747685
>>
>>16747689
Yes, that was a very specific closed subculture, not some preppy boy who decides one day to get an entire full body suit of copy paste.
>>16747687
Notice that the post is about the overdone factor and not that no one is allowed to do something that has been done before.
Not sure how wearing a flat cap is comparable, maybe if a person wore an entire outfit from the 20s or 30s every day it would be comparable.
>>
>>16747689
sailors were their own thing, cursing and tattooing yourself was an inculcated venture, people didn't like seeing it outside of confined areas.
>>
>>16747692
>maybe if a person wore an entire outfit from the 20s or 30s every day it would be comparable.
Does it matter? and suits haven't changed that much really apart from in the cut and material.

If someone wants to dress like people in the past because they like how it looks and they can relate to it, then why shouldn't they if it makes them happy.

This is meant to be a fashion board but i have met some of the most close minded people on here ever afraid to stand out and trying desperately to fit in, that aint what fashion is about.
>>
File: zaszll.png (223 KB, 224x448)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>16747704
Yes, its literally the equivalent of fedorafags who think they are distinguished gentlemen because they wear a suit and fedora everyday and have a moustache.
Difference is that is rightfully seen as cringe yet you guys are in here defending this to the death, i guess tattoos are new enough to the mainstream that they still have some years left of mystique.
>>
>>16747699
>sailors were their own thing, cursing and tattooing yourself was an inculcated venture, people didn't like seeing it outside of confined areas
sailors were not the only ones with tattoos, you are deluded if you think otherwise, tattooing as been a thing since the dawn of man.

The super conservative and puritanical society you people want did not actually really exist in reality, you have a warped view of the past what didn't actually happen among ordinary people. People were casually fucking drinking and doing other kinds of debauchery even in the past, it just wasn't as open as now.
>>
>>16747685
That’s not the same guy? Moving goal posts now huh?
>>
>>16747706
If the guy likes dressing like that, then what the fuck has it got to do with you? no one is forcing you to dress like that, that guy probably has more knowledge on fashion than you do too, it takes a lot of research to get vintage styles like that right, and it takes a lot of confidence to stick out like that these days when t shirt and jeans are the norm.
>>
>it's another 'old thing bad' episode
these kids probably aren't even trying to be vintage, you're just making shit up to be mad about.
>>
>>16747704
>that aint what fashion is about.
mindlessly larping the past isn't either.

no one here says you cant have a tattoo that was used in the past, the point is that its literally copy pasting the entire suit of a 100 year old subculture.

>>16747685
>>16747655
>>16745702
>spiderwebs
check
>pinups
check
>boxers
check
>roses
check
>doodles
check
>stars
check
>swallows
check
>dogs/horses
check
>skulls
check
>naked women
check
>daggers
check
>boat
check

12/12 bingo, oh wow

>>16747710
No one claimed that, why are you so desperate to disingenuously defend this though?
Sailors were the people who made up the style depicted in op and seen here >>16747685

>>16747720
>If the guy likes dressing like that, then what the fuck has it got to do with you? no one is forcing you to dress like that,
Idk, thats why I didnt make a thread about that, i just used that pic as an example of a comparison that is more in the right realm since you are unable to comprehend.

>>16747722
>'old thing bad'
Said no one here.

So far no actual responses to OP.
>>
>>16747727
>no one can answer my question because I refuse to listen
Keep saving seething over bisexual male gaze frustration anon
>>
>>16747710
>People were casually fucking drinking and doing other kinds of debauchery even in the past
yes, the sailors and other groups of debauched people as in OP's pic today
>>
>>16747727
>mindlessly larping the past isn't either.
How dare people wear what their ancestors wore and carry on tradition right? even though people in other cultures do exactly that and have been doing it for hundreds of years.

Anything what isn't a t shirt and jeans is larp to you fuckers.
>>
File: identifying.jpg (237 KB, 598x792)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>16747734
>not an argument
So far the only seethe in this thread is coming from obsessed preppy twinks like you.
>>
>>16747745
>preppy twinks
There’s that frustrated bisexual male gaze again lol
>>
>>16747744
>Anything what isn't a t shirt and jeans is larp to you fuckers.
no, i was pretty specific about copy pasting an entire body suit of tattoos from a distinct 80+ year old subculture you have nothing to do with as a preppy twink being larp, not much else.
I also like that you are implying that the preppy and bougie twink in OP's pic had ancestors that were rough sailors.

>>16747746
Why is it so hard for people to address the question in OP instead of posting seething ad hominems?
>>
>>16747750
We already did, those aren’t sailor tattoos. How come you don’t have a problem with women and tattoos? Is it because you don’t want to fuck them and only like big burly men with porcelain skin?
>>
>>16747754
>those aren’t sailor tattoos
And the ocean isn't wet.
>>
>>16747740
Nah, the majority of people didn't give a fuck really, life was much harder than now, fucking drinking and other stuff was one of the only reprieves people had from the daily toil. You really think people didn't have casual sex for example back in the day to let off some steam? of course they did, gays existed too but it was just not talked about and things like prostitution was rife.
>>
>>16747759
Why aren’t you answering my questions anon? And they aren’t sailor tattoos :)
>>
>>16747750
>bougie twink in OP's pic had ancestors that were rough sailors.
How would you know, have you met him and know his family lineage? there is rich people now who's ancestors were dirt poor and poor people now who might of had wealthy ancestors.
>>
>>16747764
>And they aren’t sailor tattoos :)
Yes they are, this >>16747685 is what classic traditional sailor tattoos look like.
>>16747771
I don't think you understand what the logical conclusion of the argument you are making is.
So following your logic it would only be okay for people to get tats like pic in OP if they have ancestors that were sailors who had tats like >>16747685
And yes, I know since I posted the pic and he is an upper class preppy swede.

The obsessive tat defenders seem very low IQ so far.
>>
>>16747788
And what OP posted are not sailor tattoos. They’re based off American traditional and Russian tattoos. Not a single ship or anything maritime, you goof.
I’m sorry it’s not what your repressed bisexual male gaze wants but I doubt he would fuck you anyways.
>>
File: oh no.png (338 KB, 508x680)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>16747797
You seem to be too dumb to understand that "amawican twaditional tatoohs" originated from sailors, and that sailors were pretty much the only ones who got them sleeved like OP.

I simply came across the pic in OP, wondered what would compel someone to do something so larpy and cringy, and posted here asking about it, didn't expect to get swarmed by people neurotically defending it and seething so hard.

Why does questioning it make you so upset?
>>
>>16745702
I don't know. but lol it looks so bad, I wouldn'y even wear that as a t-shirt and he's wearing one he can't take off HAHA
>>
>>16747806
I’m too dumb yet you post a diagram of sailor tattoos which none in OP. Every tattoo sleeve is a sailor tattoo now? Lol GOOF
>>
>>16747811
>akchually i-i-its not sailor!!! its twaditional!!
cope >>16747727
>>
>>16747817
>t-t-twink I can’t have
>>
>>16747823
Is your identity so heavily based upon tattoos that anyone who questions tattoos make you seethe this hard and post the same shit over and over?
>>
>>16747824
Awww poor baby still in the closet? So self conscious that you have the sight of skinny men with tattoos makes you seethe?
>>
>>16747836
unhinged & OBSESSED
>>
>>16747836
tattoos never look good. you're lower than a pedophile if you have a single tattoo
>>
>>16747864
What do you consider the (bisexual)male gaze anon? Clearly you don’t like skinny men with (not sailor)tattoos :)
>>
>>16745712
You'd only make this type of thread if you want to get such tattoos yourself but you're too autistic to pull it off, so all he can do is front and hate.
>>
>>16745702
lack of identity and purpose in life
>>
>>16745888
"tattoo addiction" sure is weird and sad to see. same with any body-mod addiction. but people have been wearing tattoos for a very long time. you peiple just have major hangups and ossues with it for some strange reason. most likely just insecure as shit
>>
>>16745730
>>
File: 20210814_115520.jpg (2.99 MB, 4032x3024)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB JPG
>>16747806
Sailors would get these in the old days because they were bored out of their mind on slow days and because you'd travel a lot. Today's sailors majority have internet and stuff to do when off duty and travel has never been easier. Hard men still work the jobs but it's not what it used to be in that regard and it's for the better... all in all as a sailor I see no reason to get any sailor tattoos specially when in this day I know people who've never stepped foot on ship and have anchor tattoos and such and I've made fun of this type of tattoo with my colleagues
>>
>>16745702
This dude is out there pulling girls on tinder and clapping them cheeks while you're here posting his picture and talking about him and you think HE's the loser in this scenario lol?
>>
>>16747054
I've considered getting these. didn't do it but it could hypothetically be dope
>>
>>16748615
>he fucks therefore you can't question anything he does
lol, have sex incel.
>>
>>16745702
Tatts, like other modes of fashion, is a form of self-expression. Self-expression is just as much experimentation as it is the final product.; your style, Simply put, style is a sense of fashion you find appealing. In order to find your style, there needs to be some reference to the outside world as society will punish you for not appealing to its sensibilities. But, referencing and incorporating foreign styles can be beneficial because of the sheer amount of work, time, and resources that finding your style requires.
>>
>>16745725
>People are free to do what they want, but
>don't do this
>don't do that
>don't do anything I don't like
This is you.
>>
>>16749485
You mean
>People can do what the want but sometimes it's cringe worthy.
No need for all that butthurt polemics.
>>
File: eagle.png (2.27 MB, 1427x1273)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
full body japanese is the only way for normies

otherwise join a gang and get inked
>>
>>16747874
This nobody crying about tattoos will ever post their supposedly beautiful untarnished body
>>
>>16747685
Valera
>>
I got tattoos because i think they look neat i have like 6 and out of that i only regret one really and thats only because i dont really care for the design anymore ill probably get it covered up with something better at some point most of the time i forget i even have them
>>
>>16749729
if anything they inspire me to keep working out and stay in good shape i like looking like a boss in a yakuza game
>>
>>16745702
I like them because they make trannies seething
>>
>>16749710
nice ass
>>
>>16745712
>>16745714
meanwhile in other threads you're getting bothered by people's "fits"
>>
>>16749866
good point, imagine if people got so butthurt about people questioning fits as they do when people dare question tattoos.
>>
>>16749710
>full body japanese
>white
>unironically think this looks good
lol
>>
I like them because it lets me filter brainlets instantly :)
>>
>>16749372
virgin hands typed this post
>>
>>16750659
>period
>>
I work at sea and I love the classical tattoo style, but I'm avoiding maritime themed ones cause I don't want to be associated with this kind of fags, all suited up in anchors sailboats and god knows what else, that have never seen an ocean in their life. Life is truly full of wonders.
>>
>>16751235
No you don’t lol
>>
>>16745702
i don't think it's larping, it might just be a style that they really liked but they don't know anything about. it would be like saying someone who has never watched matrix is larping as neo for wearing a trenchcoat and black sunglasses.
>>
>>16745702
I think tattoos are cool and generally don't care what people get but there is nothing cringier than soft people who get cobweb tattoos and shit. No one buys the tough guy act and I hope everyone who has never been to prison with prison tattoos gets their shit kicked in by actual ex-inmates.
>>
>>16752289
Webs aren’t prison tattoos lol
>>
>>16745725
>Hence the genuine question, what is the appeal?
To be perceived by others as "cool" is the genuine answer, which anyone who is being honest will admit.
>>
>>16745712
fpbp, idk why incels love to pick on other people who are not as boring as they are.
>>
>>16745725
dude, go get some sunlight, lmao, who tf cares, no one's reading all that manifesto about your incel rage.
>>
>>16745721
>t. le high iq wasting time on a vietnamese comic board
*tips fedora*
>>
>>16752418
>endless butthurt projecting
if im so unreasonable it should be easy to answer the question genuinely, so far >>16752375 is the only one who has done it out of 61 posters.
>>
why so many tatbros in this thread getting buttblasted that people are discussing whether or not they think tattoos are fashionable on a fashion board? they are fair game just like any other aspect of fashion (and don't kid yourself people get them 100% for fashion despite whatever bullshit about "tradition" or "meaning" is being said here). it's also a perfectly reasonable aesthetic judgment to think they don't look good lol.

also i am genuinely lmaoing at the irony of people on 4chan of all places immediately resorting to throwing around "incel" and "virgin" immediately. you sound like females. not into tats personally. i told my ex that (who has tattoos) only because she asked me why i dont have any and she lost her shit. thinking that people with tattoos are edgy and confident and interesting and have sex while people who dont are seething insecure basic virgins is truly a lethal dosage of copium.
>>
File: 1496969171576.jpg (18 KB, 284x423)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>16752449
amen brotha
>>
File: 4178639624_cd675daf61_o.jpg (400 KB, 1228x961)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>16745702
its a larp for sure, but some of us are ACTUAL mariners and as such are inspired to document our lifestyle in body art. there is a powerful magic in inscribing an artistic motif into your flesh..
>>
>>16752438
>waaaaawww my idea of the male gaze isn’t being represented
>>
>>16745702
idk looks pretty rad. love hearing people go on about properly meaningful tattoos
>>
>>16745702
because theyre rich and youre not. they can larp as trainwrecks through their 20s and get pussy while you struggle to get a degree in stem and read dale carnegie self help books. theyll work at their dads company earning six figures off beaner slave labour while you wagecuck enough to save for a 1 bed room cuck condo. theyll be happily married at 30 and laugh at their 20s alt phase while your pile of unwashed techwear youve outsized stares at you while shopping for charcoal bricks off amazon.

stop caring before its too late.
>>
>>16752886
>stop caring before its too late.
This
>>
>>16752438
why is that a projection, lmao.
>>
>>16752897
It’s not, he just wants everyone to agree with him
>>
>>16752897
>everyone who disagrees with me on 4chan is an incel
>>
Protective colouration
>>
>>16751466
>>16752361
>>16752897
why do you write like this?
>>
>>16745721
Is Brad Pitt someone with low IQ?
>>
>>16753325
still, don't get how is that a projection, and yes, OP is acting like some 18th century faggot, trying to make us think he's high IQ 'cause tattoos are too normie and stupid for a demigod like him.

>>16753512
pic is for you.
>>
File: brodleypatt.jpg (130 KB, 1080x1202)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>16753555
>>
>>16745702
>american traditional

you just don't understand burger culture
>>
the dude who banged OP's secret crush
>>
tattoos look retarded and low class

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.