[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Real fur is

>Environmental-friendly
>good looking
>lasts forever
>>
It doesn't look good, it looks comically ugly just like the fake shit
Fur is gaudy, outdated LARPer stuff that makes you look like an extra from some Game of Thrones type thing who got lost on his way to work
>>
Kek, women now get their version ghurka pants with even weirder closures so that it is feminine.
>>
>>16640911
Mostly this, but,
Fur can look good and be useful if you live in cold weathers.

As a man it's harder to look not-laughable if you wear a lot of it and don't have the proper manly build and /med/ieval handsomeness or warrior face for it to not look like a larp.

As a woman its extremely easy to pull off the full fur. Where I live 75% of women wear full fur in winter (pic rel) The OP pic is a joke and "not real fur". You could expect to find that sold in Zara or even Bershka. OP look could be pulled by a model/slim looking chick in any city.
>>
File: f298039184.jpg (1007 KB, 1170x1588)
1007 KB
1007 KB JPG
>>16640906
>>
>>16640906
based

death to microplastic shit
>>
>>16640911
Ehhhh… you dont know anything about fur.
>>
File: Hunting_Season_Poster.png (41 KB, 250x243)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>16640906
>Environmental-friendly
The mink are taking over the countryside eating everything!!
>>
File: lumber jack hunk.jpg (100 KB, 400x600)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>16640906
I prefer fur that is attached to a living animal
rather than the dead foreskin of a dead animal, taken without its consent!
Merchants thrive on death which is shameful and they ought to be ashamed but they're vampires with no souls
>>
Germans have no souls
>>
>>16641049
owning fur is more ethical than eating chicken
>>
Is there any high quality faux fur yet?
>>
>>16641228
No
>>
>>16641228
No
Real fur is actually a lot of different sized and shaped fibers all firmly attached to a skin
Doing that with fake stuff is difficult because of the complexity
Real fur has longer, stronger protective outer hairs and shorter fluffier insulative inner hairs
Duplicating all the intricate variation is very difficult for a weaving machine to do, but it has been done.
The problem is now the quality of the fibers and the gradual conical shape
Most thread is cylindrical, so that becomes apparent when lint and stuff sticks more to fake fur and can't be cleaned as easily and then pilling starts and before long fake furs become matted messes.
The difference is that real fur is far more resilient than fake fur, even today in 2021, and that's why it has simply gone out of fashion.

Rabbit fur is sustainable and warm and comfortable but most women have grown to think of rabbits as pets so they don't want to wear them.

Perhaps the giant rodents of south american could provide a sustainable popular fur in the future, if current tastes avoiding bloodshed change when people learn of the environmental devastation the neutras unleash
>>
>>16641242
Any progress in making fake skin and follicles in a lab like what they're doing with meat?
>>
>>16641045
there is no such thing as ethical consumerism.
Every purchase you have ever made has had suffering in the process at some point
>>
>>16641358
Nah, your mother loved every minute of it
She did struggle with my girth at the beginning, though, so maybe you're right
>>
>>
>>16641407
The problem is it looks like a velour bathrobe from Ross Dress For Less

You don't wear that over a tennis outfit.
At least not at my country club.
>>
>>16641419
Whatever. Im glad i live in Europe. Here people understand fashion.
>>
File: Furry2.jpg (419 KB, 1536x2048)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>>
>>16640906
>>Environmental-friendly
curious about the mental gymnastics here

>inb4 fewer living things less gwp emissions
less biodiversity, less sustainable eco systems
>>
>>16641701
>curious about the mental gymnastics here
no plastic, meant to last, makes use of furs of edible animals that would be slaughtered anyways for food
>not environmentally friendly stuff
leather tanning chemicals, feeding animals, shit runoff in waterways
>>
>Real fur is long-lasting when well-cared for, in comparison to plastic fur.
>Real fur is often reused.
>Fur animals thrive on feed stuff produced from residual products.
>By-products from fur production can be used to produce biodiesel and fertiliser.
>Through a life cycle of 30 years, corresponding to the estimated lifetime of real fur, plastic fur consumes about 20% more non-renewable resources like oil and gas and triggers 17% higher greenhouse gas emissions.
>>
File: TR91148CHOCFORESTWOOL[1].jpg (187 KB, 1000x1566)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
might get a shearling gilet
>>
>>16641724
which animals are you talking about here? livestock is inherently bad for the environment and you cant just magically say "we kill it anyway, therefore no impact". calculations dont work that way.
>no plastic
not true, livestock has to be fed, medicated, transported, etc.
>>
>>16641762
>>16641833
>>
>>16641833
>which animals are you talking about here?
You can make fur from any edible animal, my buddy tans and sells furs from the animals he hunts and traps, he eats the meat. You can tan the hide with the animal's brain.
>>
>>16641833
Ahhh the good ol'
>rangeland used to raise livestock is both arable and productive farmland for cereal grain crop argument.
>>
File: furcoat.jpg (884 KB, 1079x1355)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
>>
File: clothes moth.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>16640906
>lasts forever
These guys disagree.
>>
fur is cruel unsustainable and environmentally-damaging
men are so stupid
>>
I still wanna hear more about lab grown fur, I feel like that could work
>>
>>16643335
Lol. Eating chicken is cruel.
>>
>>16643364
You wait lab grown meat too?
>>
>>16643464
Not really but one of them doesn't make a difference in terms of nutritional value
Fur is only valuable for the way it looks and feels, not where it came from
>>
>>16643488
you're wrong. furs also last a long time, and due to financial interests several companies use cheap synthetic fibers. Its all about money.
>>
>>16641032
You just keep posting these tacky sports jackets. This thing looks like a novelty item you'd get off AliExpress.
Are you that anon who works on the fur farm in Scandinavia?
>>
>>16640941
Are you living in Russia
>>
>>16643539
Im not a farmer
>>
>>16641724
real fur lasts centuries, duh?
>>16643144
>doesn't know how to take care of his clothes
>>16641981
honestly lmfao, anti fur people are retards
>>16643335
good bait
>>
>>16643702
Anti fur people are selfish. They dont care about the truth.
>>
>>16643740
they would rather poison the earth with plastic, seed oils, and corn syrup than use the materials god has provided to us in nature. its sickening
>>
>>16640911
Sounds like cope to me
>>
>>16641678
did she skin sonic for that one?
>>
>>16644922
Yes :D dont fuck with speed limits
>>
>>16643898
Coping with what? Fur is ugly and nobody is wearing it - it looks good on a select handful of middle aged women, and like shit on absolutely anyone else
>>
>>16645344
Why so mad? You dont know anything about fur fashion.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.