[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Ok anon I want you to imagine an ideal, modern working class professional. Someone like an experienced electrician for example. A simple tradesman; he makes a good salary - better than most of the people he went to highschool with in this old appalachian town he grew up in. He's got a decent house, a good well maintained truck and a smaller sedan for the wife. He buys his kids whatever inane bullshit clothes from the mall they want, although he doesn't really understand why the kids these days like their pants so tight, and why his son changed his name from Oliver to Olivia and keeps insisting he's a "they".

How do you think this guy dresses, anon? Where do you think he buys his clothes? This man is the salt of the Earth, without men like him, the entire country would simply shut down. A man who gets half the pay and a quarter the respect he deserves. Where does he go? How does he make his decisions?

Does he sit on imageboards arguing about what brand of vegan chinos looks the most effay? Of course not, he's not some kind of faggot afterall.

He's gonna get the sturdiest, cheapest clothes he can afford. He's going to look for trusted names like Dickies, Carhartt, even Wrangler - if he grew up trailer park poor rather than shitty small house poor. He's not going to give a shit about the cut or "fit". He's going to judge them on mobility and comfort. He will look practical, clean, put together, professional, no nonsense no fluff.

Buying shit at Walmart and Tractor Supply doesn't always mean burning eagle american flag shirts, beer bellies and skullets. It means looking like a man who takes his work serious and his personal affectations come second. Maybe he has a nice watch - a wedding gift from his father in law. Maybe he's got a good solid pair of Redwings or Ariat boots. But mostly, he will look simple.
>>
>>16546696
>How do you think this guy dresses, anon?
Jeans, cotton shirts, steel toed boots.
>A man who gets half the pay and a quarter the respect he deserves.
Starting pay for trades around here is comfortably above your average wage slave job.
>beer bellies
There are a lot of them though.
>Maybe he has a nice watch
Probably doesn't wear it, since it'll get fucked up.
>>
>>16546696
Blue collar workers aren’t like that. They are all morbidly obese (with little muscle underneath), drowning in debt and often addicted to drugs.
Strong men like that are all at least well into the middle class.
>>
>>16546728
No, strong men like that are all at least well inside my ass
>>
>>16546728
We're talking about tradesmen, professionals, stone masons etc not fucking mcdonalds cashiers
>>
>>16546728
I don’t think you know what blue collar means good buddy.
>>
>>16546696
>sturdiest
>cheapest
You’re describing the people I grew up with to a T. But just to be clear the cheapness isn’t the point. Yea for tshirts they might wear whatever sometimes but often most if not all their clothes are quality. The type of dude to buy 350$ made in the US boots and take care of them because it’s important to be comfortable and sturdy. And they wouldn’t be caught dead buying from a large chain when a local option is available
>>
Sounds like you already know the answer, you also sound like a massive faggot.
>>
>>16548201
tradesmen are mostly fatasses
>>
>>16548204
>>16548201
I’m talking about construction workers and the like. I work with them daily and they are, without exception, overweight.
>>
>>16548596
Sure but you can't say they aren't physically strong and hard working people
>>
>>16548593
A 50 year old tradesman could crush your hand with a light squeeze, they have retardedly good forearm and grip strength. Having a beer belly doesn't make you weak, it just makes you a bit fat.
>>
>>16548625
They aren't mutually exclusive things, anon. You can be a strong fatass.
>>
>>16546728
>drowning in debt and often addicted to drugs.
well you got that part right anyway
>>
>>16548642
LOL yeah right. most trades workers are skinny meth addicts with NO forearm strength. machines do all the heavy lifting anyway these days lets not kid ourselves
>>
>>16548642
>beer belly
>A 50 year old tradesman could crush your hand with a light squeeze
hot
>>
>>16546728
fat people are ridiculously strong as long as they move around
>>
>>16546728
>They are all morbidly obese (with little muscle underneath)
You don't know what you r talking about anon
>>
>>16546696
lol my dad used to dress like that
>>
>>16549793
anon...your father is gay
>>
The fuck does blue collar even mean, a mechanic makes as much as a programmer/analyst if not more.
>>
>>16546696
daddy :3
>>
>>16550982
As a programmer I make 4x more than my brother who is a mechanic
>>
>>16550982
>I don’t know what blue collar means
>did you know mechanics make more than programmers?
non-sequitur cringe retard
>>
>>16551702
>beta bottom cope
>>
>>16550982
>a mechanic makes as much as a programmer/analyst if not more.
as they should
>>
>>16550963
that explains my inclinations...is faggotry hereditary?
>>
>>16555482
Latest research finds homohomo to be part nature and nurture. Scientists, by activating certain genes, have made bugs gayhomo
>>
>>16556312
based sciencebro
the gay gene exists
>>
>>16546696
I just buy whatever’s cheap at WalMart
spouse doesn’t seem to mind
He didn’t marry me for me fashion
>>
>>16551702
how did you become a programmer? did you go about it through a boot camp, self taught, school? i've been thinking about this
>>
>>16550982
Someone who works with their hands dumbo, also social class isn't just about how much money you make. A plumber, electrician or a mechanic make decent money these days but they are still considered working class.
>>
>>16557845
Went to uni for CS
>>
>>16546696
Lol I kinda dress like this. Let me give you homosexuals some advice
>Tops
If it’s not gonna be a work-filled day and it’s slightly chilly I’ll go for a flannel, but not a pure cotton flannel. I liked mixed fabric. That’s just me though. If it’s a hot day absolutely get some nylon shirts. Solid or plaid.
>pants
I like Levi’s bootcuts but it can take a while for them to get comfortable. I’ve actually been wanting recommendations for sturdier more comfy jeans. If anybody has any let me know
>shoes
I love ariat boots. Square toes are nice. Don’t get ostrich skin.
>accessories
I wear a comfy cloth belt I’ve had since middle school. My shirts are always just underneath my shirt so you can’t see it anyways. I don’t like jewelry so I never wear any.
>>
>>16546728
> another world-city urbanite straw manning the rural working class
How original…
>>
>>16557916
the ideal daddy

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.