[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pn50007n6n8p23q8o01.jpg (35 KB, 554x756)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
You're running out of excuses

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Skin types: http://www.skinacea.com/skincare/skin-types.html
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html
>>
Quick question, I just got my face shaved, I already went through my morning routine, should I go through it again because I shaved. Im pretty prone to razor burns
>>
>>16545865
Do deodorants count as skin-care?
What are some alternatives to aerosol and other common deodorants?
I try not to use it for a while, but if I'm going out I have to shower and use it because I fucking stink.
I was wondering if someone on this board could share some natural (and not "zen"-aunt "this totally works, guys" bullshit) alternatives as common deodorants irritate my skin a lot.
It can be odorless, as long as I don't stink.

Thanks for reading.
>>
How much tret concentration for a beginner using it for anti ageing no acne or anything?

also can i use it alongside niacinamide + zinc?
>>
>>16545880
Look at crystal and "natural" deodorants that have a liquid solution in them, I prefer not having a fragrance and I never smell when I when I use them
>>
>>16545973
>crystal deodorant
I've never seen it availible for purchase in my whole city (not even nearby online stores), unfortunately.
As for natural ones, I was debating using milk of magnesia, but I do not know if there are any side-effects.

>I prefer not having a fragrance
Me too, as long as I don't smeel either.
Do you have any specific products you can recommend?

Thank you for responding.
>>
>>16545897
>How much tret concentration for a beginner using it for anti ageing no acne or anything?
.05%
>>
>>16545999
online should be easy, I use naturally fresh roll-on deodorant. it works great and can be found everyone online and if you're in the US in person too
>>
>>16546004
Thank you very much, I'll look it up.
>>
>>16545867
Why did you shave right after the routine? I suggest to cleanse, then shave, afterwards continue with your routine.
>>
>>16546089
I was on autopilot. I was getting a hair cut, my barber also shaves too and idly let him do it not realizing that I should've done my morning routine after.
>>
Post your skin problem and how you're currently dealing with it. For example, I have pretty bad hyperpigmenation on my neck, so I've adopted vitamin c and alpha arbutin serums to my routine
>>
File: raccoon.jpg (11 KB, 318x159)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
i got dark eye bags like a raccoon, what do i do? i've had them my whole life and my sleep schedule is fine so it's not related to that, and i don't really think it's genetic either cause my parents don't have it
is wearing make up the only solution?
>>
I suffer from a bumpy forehead/visible nose filament things. The nose stuff I can sort of resolve with good washing/oil cleansing however, my bumpy forehead is quite temperamental. Lot of times the bumps evolve into spots and go red. My current routine is:
AM
>COSRX Low Ph morning cleanser
>Isntree hyaluronic acid gel moisturiser

PM
>COSRX Salicylic Acid cleanser
>Sometimes Ordinary 7% Glycolic Acid AHA
>Same Isntree moisturiser as AM

I used to use Stridex 2% red pads but they don't do shit. The glycolic acid I don't know if it does anything. Would hopping on something like Tret be a good call?
>>
I have been using LRP Effaclar Cleansing Lotion for quite some time now. Maybe went through 4 or 5 bottles or so. But I am beginning to think critically about anti "acne" products. Maybe I am giving up my general skin health for clear skin while aspects like anti aging suffer from anti acne products. I think I want a cleanser that just cleans, I was thinking about CeraVe Smoothing Cleanser or LRP Toleriane
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>16545865
Cetaphil daily cleanser
drunk elephant polypeptide
drunk elephant c-tango
body shop body butter

anyone who is poor will not understand
>>
>>16545865
How do I get rid of pigment spots? I want white anime skin.
>>
28 year old male here - was using The Ordinary Retinol 0.2% for like 6 months and my skin was looking good during the days after I'd applied it at night, first twice a week and then every other night. Now I've moved onto 0.5% and after 3 months of use my skin texture is looking awful and leathery. My fine lines are more visible, my pores look massive. I'm very careful about using sunscreen and reapplying it properly, and I'm also careful not to overapply the retinol itself. and I also use The Ordinary's ethylated 15% Vit C every morning to protect against sun damage/free radicals. I've stopped smoking cigarettes and my skin actually looks worse now than when I was smoking them, which I think is a testament to how much damage they have done . What should I do? All the retinol guides say just to persevere and that the side effects dissipate within 6 months of initial use, which point I've definitely passed. I'm sure I'm doing myself more harm than good in continuing. Any help?
>>
>>16547629
Are you using it nightly? Stagger application, lower it if issues persist. I use Ret very sparingly and via a gel-serum type thing that mitigates how intense its drying effects can be, I try to use the inkey list retinol serum every other night but will occasionally skip a couple nights.
>>
>>16545865
any suggestions for retinoid cremes or whatever, available in EU?

I cant decide, there is so many ranging from 30€ to 200€
>>
>>16547739
go to a derm and get tret, why waste your time with retinol?
>>
>>16547742
idk you tell me? its supposed to be great. whats the difference?
>>
>>16547753
tret is stronger and the purge is usually worse but its also cheaper and more effective, I found retinol did nothing for my acne or skin texture, so I switched to tret and things are much better
>>
>>16547639
Nope, every other night. Even with the 0.2% I never used it nightly, just got up to every other night until I'd gotten through the second bottle (6 months in) and then moved onto the 0.5%, which I also started 2 nights a week for about a month, until finally moving up to every other night. I've read guides that say to start exfoliating normally after over 6 months of retinol, like with an AHA, but not sure if I wanna be adding more actives. I also use The Ordinary buffet serum with a good night cream on the nights where I'm not using retinol.
>>
>>16547288
The treatment is usually salicylic acid. Also use products that don't feed Malassezia.

https://simpleskincarescience.com/fungal-acne-products-malassezia-pityrosporum-folliculitis/
https://folliculitisscout.com/
>>
>>16547468
Retinoids, azelaic acid, arbutin, ascorbic acid, and niacinamide can help. You must wear sunscreen every single day, or any treatment is a waste of time.
>>
>>16545865
>use tretinoin cream for 2.5 years
>initial results were amazing
>about a year in my face started looking like shit
>stop using it recently
>stopped using moisturizer
>pores have shrunk down
>face looks significantly better all of a sudden

can anyone tell me why this is?
>>
>>16547846
yeah cuz u got a cock up your ass
>>
>>16547829
>ascorbic acid, and niacinamide
My local store has a creme with that stuff: https://www.dm.de/hormocenta-nachtcreme-p4260189521840.html
Are these mixed products worth the try or should I start with concentrate/serum?
>>
>>16547254
I have the same thing, since I was baby.
Don’t do makeup just accept that you have eyes like that, I guarantee people don’t notice it as much as you do.
Just drink lots of water, don’t drink too much sugary beverages and food, and maybe that will lessen it.
Girls might actually like it, like heroin chic, but perhaps thar is a cope, who cares? Tis funny when people ask me if I have a black eye though.
>>
>>16545865
first thing you need to do before all the bullshit is cut out sugars and carbs. Eat a high fat diet, and i mean animal fat not seed oils. Thank me later!
>>
>>16548150
this i want to know if its better to mix
>>
>>16548818
My skin is pretty good and I haven't done that, I'm sorry for your dietary complications...
>>
>>16545865
Just splash your face with water and keep a healthy lifestyle. The products usually make shit worse.
>>
hey guys you should drink more water. I had flaky skin and acne and drinking 4 liters of water a day fixed it. 4 liters was a pretty rough estimate, really what I did was make sure my piss was always clear. Lotion and moisturizers and exfoliators were all a waste of time. They were fixing the symptoms but not the cause. Sunscreen might be effective but I haven't needed it. Water's been enough.
>>
>>16548917
No, sweetie I feel sorry for you that you put garbage into your body. ngmi
>>
>>16549316
>>
File: IMG-8146.jpg (172 KB, 1436x749)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
/fa/ tourist so mb if this isn't allowed but I noticed this big red patch on my face whilst I had a beard so decided to full shave today to see what the fuck it is, can anyone help me? is it serious, how do I treat it and shit like that. first time it's happened to me. it doesn't burn, it doesn't itch, i don't notice it at all or any difference except for how it looks, need to get it cleared
>>
Caring so much about your skin is mental illness. Have a decent lifestyle or at worst see a dermatologist and get it over with.
>>
My hair facial hair is ruining my skin. Can't grow a beard because it just makes it worse. I guess I'll have to get laser or something?
>>
>>16550974
I have the same problem. It might be eczema or you react badly to high-inflammatory food.
>>
>>16552281
>be me
> growing a beard make my skin itchy + oily
> shaving it to 0 makes skin burn

just cutting it to 1mm with machine
>>
>>16552316
hmm fuck, really not sure. feel like it's not eczema just because the skin itself doesn't feel dry at all + no itchiness or burns, nothing irritational just appearance. As far as food I never had any problems so this is just weird as fuck to me. i never go to doctors so im kinda fucked, might have to bite the bullet
>>
>>16552326
I like the naked face look. The beard shadow shit looks wrong on me.
>>
>>16545865
>Fastest shipping tret for most affordable price in US?
Dont wanna wait three weeks for a tube but I'm out.
>>
>>16548150
>>16548915
>Are these mixed products worth the try or should I start with concentrate/serum?
Try serums first, you don’t need to mix it, if one product doesn’t work for you then try another.
>>
>>16545865
Is retinol worth it?
>>
File: 1632796685773.png (1.99 MB, 853x1024)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>16547846
It fucked me up too, anon. I started it as a 'preventative' measure since my skin was already fantastic, initially it evened out my skintone a little which was nice but after about a year I had massive pores and fine lines everywhere, even in areas you wouldn't expect any wrinkles. Really fucked me up. Some 10 months later my skin is a little better, but I aged like 5 years in the span of one.
>>
shameless plug.
mix abit with water in ur hands and ure gold.
lasts foerver. thank me later
>>
>>16549391
lmao its funny because I'm actually in my 30s and people think I'm in my early 20s. Full head of hair, elite physique, my skin glows and looks youthful as fuck. Cope more!
>>
can I buy legit prescription retinoid somewhere
>>
Am I supposed to cleanse and moisturize the area that's bearded too?
>>
>>16553448
You definitely need to cleanse it, but if your beard is thick then there's no way you're able to moisturize your face underneath it
>>
>>16545880
I use lemon juice (natural) and it kills my odor for hours, its magical, don't use if you have just shaved as it will sting.
>>
>>16545865
Can anyone recommend budget face moisturizers that are easily available?
>>
>>16552856
Absolutely. Wasn't the biggest fan of The Ordinary's but it does the trick.
>>
>>16553568
Thanks anon, I'll try it out
>>
File: _20211015_192852.jpg (749 KB, 2418x2448)
749 KB
749 KB JPG
These better work and dont end up as lubricant for...
>>
>>16553618
Sure, cetaphil, the most basic one for face and body is the go-to. I don't think you can go cheaper than that and it's widely available
>>
>>16547742
Unless you don't have horrible acne problems tret is not necessary.
>>
>>16552856
Yeah, but get one suspended in a gel or cream, they help counterbalance the drying effect, especially after applying your ordinary moisturizer afterward
>>
I have acne, should I add Vitamin C Serum to my nightly routine? Currently it's
>CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
>Effaclar Adapalene Gel 0.1%
>CeraVe Moisturizer
>>
>>16554177
but its cheaper and so much better then otc retinol
>>
I fixed my skin and it has nothing to do with skincare products. I bought a dehumidifier. Figured out that the humidity we've been have all summer was the main culprit of my breakouts.
>>
I just want a routine that isnt overly expensive and doesnt just btfo me forever once I decide to stop using it, like minoxidil. I do not want to be bound to this shit for life, just improve what I have no and set myself up somewhat
>>
>>16555231
>doesnt just btfo me forever once I decide to stop using it
treatments like that don't really exist outside of accutane
>>
>>16555253
there is like 5 posts in here talking about retinol doing exactly that
>>
>>16555254
the benefits of retinol will stop after you stop using it, sure you wont notice until maybe a few years later but the ageing will catch up with you
>>
>>16547846
>>16547846
>>16547846
You shouldn’t be using tret every day on your pores. Honestly, I think as soon as things start to go down hill, that’s your cue to immediately reduce your usage to only 2x a week on areas where your pores are. I’m pretty sure I had contact dermatitis from using tret 0.05% almost every single night for two months.

In case anyone cares, you should definitely be using niacinimide while on tret. I have v normal skin with occasional break outs on my chin. My experience, and pretty much everyone I know except for one person who has very acne prone skin, was that niacinimide 20-30 minutes BEFORE applying tret significantly reduced my pore size, plus only using tret on my nose/cheeks 2x a week. I personally apply the cream version to my forehead almost every night + on the corner of my eyes and the gel version on my chin almost every night as well. But on my nose and cheeks only 2x a week. I revolve between niacinimide and lactic acid almost every day + night (usually Sunday my “break” day unless I have hyperpigmentation from a zit or something). I still have sebaceous filaments, which obviously everyone does, but they’re so much less noticeable and my pores shrunk doing this method. Also, vanicream is an amazing moisturizer too.

I feel like no matter what, giving your skin a break in the end is the most important thing to do. Sometimes I’ll go a whole week with only washing my face a few times, occasionally toner, and maybe some moisturizer.
>>
>>16555265
really? I use tretinoin everyday all over my face, even around my eyes and mouth and basically get no sides, no pealing, nothing and I use way more than I pea sized amount, I think everyone just has a different tolerance for ingredients, theres no rules
>>
where do i buy tret
>>
>>16555274
Maybe I should have clarified my advice is for people who experienced adverse affects after a period of good skin on tret. It really can make your pores blow up once your skin is doing great. You’re right that everyone’s skin is different. My theory is that people who experience what the anon I responded to posted about it have possibly damaged their skin barrier. Even if it’s not that, if you start to orange peel (not the skin peeling, but the pores looking similar to those on an orange), then you need to take a break from everything and go back to very simple ingredients. Basic face wash, basic tone, niacinimide, and basic moisturizer. I would even venture to say that you should only wash your face sparingly/at night if your pores get much better.

Also, I see this happen to people with normal skin types a lot. Or people (like me) who don’t realize that those sebaceous filaments are normal and not really in need of exfoliation, it’s more about pore size. Only doing tret 2-3x a week really helped my skin almost look the way it did as a child. Plus professional moisturizing/exfoliating treatments once every two weeks.
>>
>>16555319
You need a prescription. Talk to a derm/doctor. I’m sure there are places you can order it online without a script too but you should start at .025% to see how your skin reacts for the first month or two.
>>
>>16553992
Brudi, that actually doesn't look to bad. What does the ingredient list look like and how much did you pay? Usually I buy The Ordinary stuff at Breuninger and pay around 6€ for 30ml of Niancinamide
>>
how long until I can re introduce ingredients like niacinimide into my routine after I started tretinoin?
>>
>>16555822
Out of curiosity, why do you ask this here? Didn't you get your Tret prescribed from a doc you could've asked or phone?
>>
I've been using .025 tret for a year already. My skin looks so nice now...
>>
>>16555827
true, idk my appointment is mid november I cbs waiting that long
>>
>>16555836
4chan is nice for shit and giggles, but I would never ask for serious advice on here, especially medical advice. Ask this kind of stuff on r/skincareaddiction or/r/tretinoin. They have a much bigger and more competent community. r/tretinoin has a community of nearly 100k.
No need to risk your health for some basement dwelling anon "calling you out" for using reddit
>>
>>16555822
You can do so pretty soon after. I would wait maybe a few weeks to see how your skin reacts to the tret alone but I started using it after the first week.
>>
>>16555812
Bernd?,bought this stuff @dm
ca. 5€/30ml
ingridients:
AQUA, NIACINAMIDE, GLYCERIN, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, ZINC PCA, PANTHENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, CELLULOSE GUM, ALLANTOIN, SODIUM BENZOATE, CITRIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE.
>>
Looking for a sunscreen that is at least 50spf and doesn't leave a white cast on darker skin. Drunk elephant had been recommended during research so I got it, but it still makes me look like a ghost. There's Black Girl sunscreen but it's only 30 spf? Any other options?
>>
How often do you shower?
I've heard that showers can dry out your skin if you take too many too often
>>
>>16545865
I need a new facewash. I have combination skin. Looking for anti-aging. I do not have acne at all. Looking for something cheap like Cetaphil but not with parabens.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.