[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


Anime Crossovers Edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches and their design, their history, and the engineering and materials that are required to make a functioning timepiece.

Guides:
> Poorfag guide: https://m.imgur.com/a/NFMXDuK
> Watch essentials 102: https://pastebin.com/Rc77hhXV
> Purchasing used watches: https://pastebin.com/f44aJKy2
> Purchasing straps: https://pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Should I buy this MVMT / DW / "minimalist" fashion watch?
> https://imgur.com/a/6CNO8

Should I buy this Armani / Michael Kors / mall watch?
> https://imgur.com/a/Sw1FsAn

"Suggest a watch for me."
> Your budget
> Watch type, e.g. dress, diver, pilot
> Movement, e.g. automatic, hand wound, quartz
> Desired features, e.g. water resistance, day/date, 2nd time zone
> Preferred strap option, e.g. leather, nylon, bracelet
> Wrist size or desired watch size

Last Thread: >>16483854
>>
File: 61hurfye9zL._AC_UL1000_.jpg (85 KB, 608x1000)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
I want a SkyDweller but I don't want to wait for a new one. Do you guys know how I can be sure the one I buy will fit my childlike, skinny wrist?
>>
File: c102.jpg (377 KB, 1024x800)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
Post the most beautifully finished movements you know that aren't Dufour.
>>
>>16488713
>>
>>16488710
It's a 42mm watch, which is really pushing it if you're a wristlet.
>>
File: 1629108357165.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>16488714
Wow this one is beautiful!
>>
>>16488707
What watch do I need to attract a hairy legs/armpits fat alternative girl over 30 with dyed hair who mostly listens to 90s and 00s music, likes reading books, has a cat, is a virgin or near-virgin, and still goes to concerts?
>>
File: 1631668022988.png (405 KB, 1024x768)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>16488717
Nah it's OK. It fits with my aesthetic of pipsqueakcore. Or are you saying it will literally fall off? Can't I do anything about that? I just like the features and colors of this watch... the other Rolex models seem pointless (I don't ever go deep-sea diving, I only rarely work with powerful magnetic fields, I don't own a yacht or fly a plane, or climb to high altitudes...)
>>
>>16488722
That is a very specific set of parameters.
>>
File: Seiko SRPC05J1.jpg (515 KB, 1890x1890)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
Thoughts on this watch?
I want to buy my first dress watch and I found a store that has a good deal on this one.
>>
>>16488726
It looks big.
>>
>>16488726
I like it but I'm not a fan of the alternating Roman numerals and ticks. That's just my opinion, though.
>>
>>16488728
39mm, the only decent looking one I can afford that's smaller is the 36mm Seiko quartz but that one has lume.
>>
>>16488730
I was thinking the same when I first saw it, but I do like the sweeping second hand and no lume.
>>
File: 1604502801464.jpg (23 KB, 500x500)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Is 6" 3/4 wristlet?
>>
File: 700.jpg (100 KB, 700x700)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
While I was Googling whether I'm a wristlet I found this, an "Urwerk Experiment". How the fug do you read this? It costs like $150k.
>>
>>16488735
King of Wristlets
>>
>>16488735
6"3/4 wrists is like being 6'10" tall.
>>
I bet once I buy the Tudor 36 another company brings out a perfect banger 36mm sports watch or Tudor starts using in-house movements for it suddenly
>>
>>16488774
Surely you mean 5'10"
>>
>>16488791
Yes, that. My mistake.
>>
>>16488738
>how do you read this
>look at red "hand" at hours
>look at red "hand" at minutes
woooooooooow
>>
File: 1615245239025.png (511 KB, 680x462)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
>>16488796
Well I'm 5'5", so who cares? I'll be like Eazy-E, dumb and short, but rich.
>>
>>16488738
looks like a meme watch for people who made their money quickly and easily, like bitcoin millionaires
>>
>>16488855
What kind of watch do people who are born into wealth wear?
>>
File: 1629138555847.jpg (71 KB, 626x306)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>16488855
What kind of retard would prefer to make their wealth slowly and painfully? You do realize that people have a finite amount of time on this earth, right? Why the fuck would you want to make money less efficiently, rather than more?
>>
>>16488855
found the boomer wagie
>>
>>16488857
People born into wealth are mostly tasteless impressionable assholes so mostly rolex and omega.

The others wear whatever they want to from plastic cereal watch to Vacheron.
>>
>>16488948
>rolex shits on vacheron though and pp and ap are black folk watches
>>
>>16488738
is that a fucking rotary engine
>>
>>16488962
bridgeport
>>
File: 1606921483954.jpg (202 KB, 1080x1080)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>16488710
Looks huge in real life, way bigger than the 42 mm size suggests. I liked the idea of it and at 40 mm it might be great but it looks like a dinner plate even when compared to a 43 mm Navitimer.
It's well executed otherwise though with the cool new movement.
>>
>>16488950
Hmmm no, sweetie.
>>
>>16488950
>pp and ap are black folk watches
Yes.

>rolex shits on vacheron
lmao no
>>
>>16488962
Yeah that was my first thought as well.
>>
File: wide.jpg (38 KB, 526x709)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
It doesn't overhang, well maybe just a little bit.
>>
>>16488738
Marketing shots of analog watches are taken at 10:10. That's a good place to start and that is what that photo is pointing at.
>>
>>16488777
Yes so buy it already Lucky.
>>
>>16489120
Rolex catalog is much superior, VC has so much straight up trash
>>
>>16489120
He's right you know.
>>
File: rolex design diversity.jpg (115 KB, 709x576)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>16489179
>Rolex catalog is much superior
uh huh
>>
>>16488806
10:67?
>>
Do you worry about having your watch stolen? Do you have insurance for it? I live in Baltimore.
>>
>>16489228
I'd get insurance for when I store it at home.

>Baltimore
lol
>>
>>16489228
t. wristlet manlet shidding his pants that a black bvll uses the law of the strongest
>>
File: Tom Selleck Datejust.jpg (96 KB, 748x558)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>16489228
>Do you worry about having your watch stolen?
no
>Do you have insurance for it?
yes, my home owner's insurance specifically includes jewelry and watches even when they taken from me outside my home.
(pic unrelated)
>>
>>16489251
RIP Norm.
>>
>>16488863
making money fast isn’t guaranteed. I have a life producing things of value to the world and getting paid for them. I invest over the long term in good companies with a proven track record
These two things together mean I can sleep at night
I’ve no bone to pick with people that make their money fast but for every one of those there is another thousand that wasted their time and money chasing bubbles
>>
got a automatic watch and has it let run for a day.

+15 Seconds.

Wtf is this normal /wt/?
>>
>>16489300
What watch
>>
>>16489300
For a typical shitter yes that is normal.
>>
>>16489305
Seiko prospex divers automatic with Seiko NH35 / NH36 (4R35 / 4R36) kaliber.

i read online a coupel seconds a month and not 15 seconds a day....
>>
>>16489316
Anything below 20 seconds is kinda normal for non luxury mechanicals yeah. But it's luck how well it's regulated in the end, my Vostok is running like 2 seconds a day. The few seconds a month is quartz tier, not even chronometers (best mechanical movements) can get to that accuracy consistently.
>>
>>16489327
and at which point is it a luxury watch?
>>
>>16489329
It depends, some people say any watch over 5$ is luxury which is kinda true. But luxury nowadays starts at probably 2-3k with shit like Tudor. But there's no real definition for it, it also depends if the watch focuses on finishing and materials or on the movement. There's mechanical tool watches that are very accurate but aren't "luxury" in that snob definition.
>>
File: Collection .jpg (1.44 MB, 2949x1585)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
Rate my collection plz. I think I'm now done with this "hobby," despite my constant urge to consume. I may want a Tudor Black Bay 58 at some point. But I can't think of anything else I truly want that isn't obscenely expensive.
>>
>>16489338
Throw everything out except for the last 2.
>>
>>16489223
10:10 you retard
>>
>>16489327
so i could send it regulating and hope it runs better?
Why the watchseller dont regulates it out the box?
>>
>>16489175
10:10 for marketing shots wouldn't be so bad if the retards selling slow change dates would know the difference between am and pm
>>
>>16489329
luxury watches start at rolex
>>
>>16489316
you're thinking quartz
but you can get it regulated, those nh movements are pretty well understood by any watchmaker who's handled japanese watches if you're not willing to do it yourself
>>
>>16489223
filtered by an overpriced shitter
>>
File: jomw.png (2.93 MB, 2021x1135)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-p_u27JNA
>>
>>16489368
iam a bachlor of metal production
i love gears and metal.

thinking having a machine without electricity running and telling the time nearly perfect makes my pp hard
>>
>>16489188
kek
>>
>>16489316
>>16489406
That will cost $7-20k not $500 lmfao idiot.
>>
Just got a Quartz Seagull 1963 for 38€ shipped after discounts/store coupons at Ali. Yeah, quartz... I mean for that price worth the try. Wouldn’t pay 150€ for a mechanical one.
>>
>>16489459
Didn’t get it yet but ordered it from chinkexpress
>>
I don't have thousands of dollars, where can I find a watch that looks like this Van Cleef & Arpels one ?
>>
>>16489363
So you all want an entry level?
>>
>>16489473
Most people are pathetic like that, their dream grail is something that's a beater watch for normal (i.e. rich) people. It's the same with cars, apartments, anything really. The world is structured in such a way that it's really not worth living if you're not rich, but thankfully the poor are also stupid so they don't really get that, if they understood it and had the balls to change it everything would fall apart.
>>
>>16489395
I hate this faggot manlet.
>>
>>16489459
>Wouldn’t pay 150€ for a mechanical one.
the cheap ones are the clones, the real ones are near 700eur.
>>
>>16489532
You only hate him because he reminds you of yourself.
>>
>>16489544
Really? And what’s the difference between the clones and the 700 buck ones? A friend of mine has e 150 one and it’s already quite good. Not sure how chinks can go beyond that in terms of quality.
>>
File: 40mmtho.jpg (367 KB, 2500x1666)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
What is the top tier watch you can get for $200?

My only requirements are
>39mm or less midsize
>automatic
>sapphire
>100m WR
>not a blatant homage
>>
>>16489563
Pic related if you forget about the sapphire
>>
>>16489555
The quality is probably ''the same'', but the original one will have a better quality control and has the words sea-gull on the movement, movement that you can't see because the original has a solid caseback. There are cheaper seagulls because they are licensed I think, so it all depends on each brand, and how well they take care of the movements. Dial on the original is a bit different I think, it has two lines of text instead of one.
>>
Really blew my mind with the 10:10 anecdote
>>
Old catalogues are comfy for seeing watches that now only exist in landfills.
>>
>>16489551
lmao cope fag
seiko is trash
>>
>>16489608
This but unironically.
>>
>>16489601
Seiko and other watch companies used to be so creative and unique. Now everything is too homogenized and every line is just the same shit.
>>
Why doesn't the Seiko Samurai have any third-party mods?
>>
So the Seiko Arnie is my dream watch now. My wrist is 6" and I’ve always thought anything over 40mm would be gigantic on me. I visited the only Šōÿkò AD in my country and tried it on. Really, it looks just like a G-Shock I have, very good looking in real life too. Anyway, I just wanted to say that watch size is absolutely subjective. Nobody cares about your watch, so if you think it looks fine - try it on and decide for yourself. "Oh this watch is 41.95 mm, I prefer 41.90" is bullshit.
>>
>>16489473
>>16489491
post bread with your collection
>>
>>16489652
I have seen pictures of it on small wrists and it does not look terrible, it looks like the average bulky smartwatch or big gshock.
>>
>>16489338
these are actually really cool, especially for mostly lower-cost watches. A black bay would be a nice addition, I dont see any dive watches 8/10
>>
>>16489338
You have Yachmaster, Submariner and Datejust clones side by side there, and I see you had a Navitimer clone too before you got the real one. Why are you so poor?
>>
>>16489491
I used to think this when I was 18 but now I know how wrong I was.
>>
File: 20210916_033358.jpg (848 KB, 2016x1512)
848 KB
848 KB JPG
>>16489652
Here's my Arnie on my 7" wrist.
>>
>remove one link
Too tight
>add link back
Too loose

FUCK ME
>>
>>16489491
Capitalism is a scam and americans are being screwed by the rich. Your take is really bad though.

The "base" form of things are easily attainable. There's not much difference between something like $5 toilet paper and $1000+ gold flaked rich people toilet paper. Same with watches. Will a $20000 watch really that give you much more than a $200 ali watch? It doesn't. The 30 seconds better accuracy and slightly shinier finishing that disappears when you put away the loupe.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>16489746
Does it have microadjustments?
>>
>>16489746
Literally me with my OG SMP. No microadjustments and I'm in that fitment purgatory where I'm forced to wear it looser than I want because a link removed will be too tight.
>>
>>16489746
Wet/lick the back of your wrist where the caseback will rest against.
The added friction should prevent the watch from slipping up and down your arm.
>>
>>16489338
Nice. I would upgrade to the best version of each watch if you can afford it. Otherwise just keep them. I would still get rid of the Invicta because you can just do better. Unless you are attached to it for being your first watch.
>>
>>16489699
Looks awesome even in the photo, it must look way better in real life. Cheers bro
>>
>>16489767
Unfortunately not. It's one of these fucktard clasps.
>>16489772
Will try
>>
File: IMG_20210915_142530__01.jpg (657 KB, 1472x2124)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
>>16489782
Oops.
>>
Am I a certified poorfag yet?
>>
>>16489797
Yes and that's a good thing.
>>
>>16489797
>>
>>16489785
>>16489782
Embrace the wabisabi

Or just buy an aftermarket bracelet
>>
I need square watch that isn't Cartier or Jaeger lecoultre reverso because i can't afford those. Suggestion?
>>
>>16489698
>I used to think this when I was 18 but now I know how wrong I was.
Alright, elaborate?
>>16489753
>>Capitalism is a scam and americans are being screwed by the rich.
Just imagine how it is being non-rich in non-America then.
>>
>>16489629
Half of that page was bell Ross ripoffs tho
>>16489753
There's too much intervention for it to be capitalism anymore.
>>
>>16489820
Its the antithesis of the cartier/JLC style but Nomos has some good shit. people who really know watches will be impressed.
>>
>>16488726
>https://imgur.com/a/Sw1FsAn

based, if you got the fit for it homie i'd say go for it, nice ass watch
>>
Afternoon, friends.
>>
>>16489877
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>16489877
Very nice watch.
>>
I am pretty content with my current set-up. I do get "want" urges and lusts but then I think I don't want to add
another or sell off something to get the other. My other thought is downsizing to obtain my person grail...but I also don't want to get rid of what I have currently, I want to enjoy all of them more. Anyone else have these thoughts run through their heads ever? My personal grail is a YG Ceramic Submariner 40mm I would prefer blue but black would work as well. I know I also have a great current selection ( at least IMO) and to some its probably also not so great.

Currently:
Rolex Submariner Hulk
Rolex Yachtmaster II 116680
Rolex SubC ND 114060
Rolex Datejust 36 16030
Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Gen 1
Omega Seamaster Diver Chrono 210.30.44.51.03.001
Panerai Pam 51
Panerai Pam 590
Tudor Black Bay 58 Black
Tudor Pelagos LHD
Tudor Black Bay Dark
Cartier Santos Medium
Synchron Military Stainless
CWC 1983 Heritage Re-Issue
Oris Heritage 65 Deauville
a few beaters not worth naming
>>
>>16488707
There is nothing more pathetic than geeking out over quartz movements. I'd rather not wear a watch than wear some shitter
>>
File: images.jpg (78 KB, 1000x1000)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Is it wrong to like this? I think I want a gold watch. Other choices are a Rado diastar.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t9cwFC6Row
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t9cwFC6Row
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t9cwFC6Row

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS YOUR LUMINOX AUDIENCE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN HAHAHAHAHAHA POORFAG THIRD WORLD LOSER GETTING ONE FOR HIS FIFTY FIFTH BIRTHDAY HAAHHAHAHAHAH IMAGINE BEING THAT PATHETIC HOW CAN HE PUT THIS ON THE INTERNET WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
guys so the eta 2824-2 which is in watches up to 4k USD is worth 230$ in total? what the fuck
>>
>>16489944
There are different levels of finish and adjustment.
>>
I am selling all my shitters (except this seiko 5 as it was my first) and getting something in the 2-3k range.
Thinking about a sinn 104. I like the day date on the seiko 5 so I feel like a countup bezel and antishock and antimag on the sinn would be great.
Any contenders however? Only Swiss brand I am considering is Longines otherwise. Don't want used.
Any advice appreciated
>>
>>16489944
This is hardly news. Many low end watches ($4k is still relatively low end) use ETA as their base but those in the more expensive watches tend to be tweaked / adjusted / better calibrated over the stock variants for better lifetime and accuracy.
>>
>>16489939
There's nothing wrong with gold but I don't think that's a watch you want other people to see you wearing unless you want to look like a tasteless rapper.
>>
>>16489347
Yeah just go to your local watch service and ask if he could regulate it (and ask about the price as well).
>Why the watchseller dont regulates it out the box?
They don't care, they test a bunch of them and if they fall within their specifications they say 'OK, good to go!' and that's it.
>>
>>16489880
Post a watch, why don't you?
>>
AP Royal Oak Offshore Diver
VC Overseas
PP Aquanaut
Which is the best entry level luxury sports watch
>>
https://youtu.be/m-2MEA06ME8?t=118

This shit any good?
>>
>>16489998
The Offshore and Aquanaut are pure cringe.
>>
>>16489998
Aquanaut because it's casual enough to wear every day.
>>
>450
>ameriquartz chronograph
>titanium
I think we can all agree Bertucci went full autism, but in the good or bad way?
>>16489797
a Vostok would be nice, but here’s your membership.
>>
File: IMG-20210915-WA0004.jpg (1.24 MB, 3840x2160)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
My $5 watch
>>
>>16490007
cope
>>
>>16490029
Bertucci dials look like paper. Not happy with quality on these
>>
>>16490039
literally nicer than the thousand dollar watches that /fa/ggots here constantly post LMAO
>>
>>16489998
I don't know why people started pretending the overseas wasn't ugly. They are all ugly in my opinion.
>>
Seiko is such an embarrassing brand for children.
>>
Anybody knows how this style of hands is called?
Arrow or broad arrow hands is not it.
>>
>>16490068
roadsign
>>
>>16490069
I could not find useful results under "roadsign watch hands", but thanks.
>>
>>16489753
>Will a $20000 watch really that give you much more than a $200 ali watch? It doesn't. The 30 seconds better accuracy and slightly shinier finishing that disappears when you put away the loupe.

I bought a 100$ ali watch last month, and desu, the watch works, it has nh35 movement that runs at +10s, the lume is great, I see no dust inside the dial, I see no imperfections with the naked eye. It is a 100$ watch and it looks like its original that cost x12 its price.
>>
>>16489839
>>>16489629
>Half of that page was bell Ross ripoffs tho

Bell&Ross was invented from thin air around 1996. That catalogue look older than that.
>>
Anyone have experience with sinn? Or an alternative to sinn 104 st ?
>>
Post shitters
>>
>>16489939
it would be decent if it wouldn't look like goddamn oldschool scale
>>
File: squareish.png (401 KB, 1040x248)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
>>16489820
Seiko probably has something for you.
>>
https://www.chrono24.com/blancpain/blancpain-air-command-automatic-flyback-chrono-case--id19381262.htm

What do you think? This or Breitling?
>>
>>16489943
Can someone post the video with that muscular guy that has an Invicta collection?
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (679 KB, 605x874)
679 KB
679 KB PNG
>>16488707
Thoughts?
>>
>>16490103
>Bell&Ross was invented from thin air around 1996. That catalogue look older than that.

I don't know that catalog's age, but I recognize some dial patterns, I think the ana digi module was kinda popular, long ago I posted similar watches, one of them appeared in Jurassic park, the hunter dude had one, and the other I saw was in X-files, none of them were Seiko, but some anon said it was a Seiko module used by many brands, so these watches were around before 1996.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/what-watch-is-this-from-jurassic-park.927686/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcjLdSYjjjE

Why can't I just fucking live like this guy, fuck everything, why wasn't I born rich.
>>
File: razor.jpg (101 KB, 1000x750)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>16490115
Here is a shitter that i kinda like.
>>
>>16490061
Seikos are based. Only faggot watch general niggers think anyone cares about their omegas. 99% of people will never notice your watch and that's a fact, jack.
>>
>>16490171
There needs to be more coffin link bracelets like that to be honest.
>>
>>16489947
>2-3k range
>sinn
>Longines
King of shitters but still shitters. Go big (rolex or gs or omega) else just stick to budget $500.
>>
>>16488726
Pressages are nice. There are a few dial variations if you don't like this one.
>>
>>16488735
I'm 6.5. It's not that bad just salty I cant wear the Bulova moon watch
>>
>>16489563
Your requirements are unrealistic
>>
>>16489943
Imagine being so miserable that you make fun of a random guy whos genuinely happy.
>>
>>16490158
It's inoffensive
>>
>>16490239
Price tag fetishists
>>
prefer Campari. Campari and soda is a great summer drink and the one and only time I cheated on my wife was facilitated by my ordering of a Campari and soda at a hotel bar. I was at a conference in another state and after drinking quite a bit of wine at dinner I went to a bar with a few colleagues. I was feeling good and stopped by McDonald's for a McDouble and carefully ate it on my walk back to the hotel, making sure I didn't get it on my suit.

It was the second last day of the conference and I had given an excellent talk and decided what the fuck, might as well keep a good thing going and maybe attend the talks a bit later tomorrow. I went to the hotel bar and ordered a Campari and Soda. It was the perfect addition to my booze and grease saturated stomach. I was chatting with some strangers and by the third C&S a very attractive woman in her late 30s (older than me) sitting a few stools over came over and asked what it tasted like. I flirted with her and gave her a taste and two hours later I was having a taste.

It was amazing and when COVID is over and conferences resume normally I'm going to start plowing pussy via the C&S opening move.
>>
>>16488707
Very nice
>>
https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/new-gmw-b5000tva-titanium-virtual-armour-spanish-blog-zonacasio.5340754/
https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/new-gmw-b5000tva-titanium-virtual-armour-spanish-blog-zonacasio.5340754/
https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/new-gmw-b5000tva-titanium-virtual-armour-spanish-blog-zonacasio.5340754/
https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/new-gmw-b5000tva-titanium-virtual-armour-spanish-blog-zonacasio.5340754/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCKING BLUETOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>16489671
>>
>>16490495
it’s the Caravelle by Bulova that makes this set extra cursed. Like he studied every Bulova watch to find the one that looked the most like the Seikos he already had.
>>
>>16490495
I'll never understand people that buy the same watch 5 times.
>>
File: nixon.png (309 KB, 310x562)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>
>>16490485
2k for a casio? nopenopenope
>>
>>16490544
Like a kid wearing dad's watch
>>
File: Double Red.jpg (129 KB, 1000x665)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>16488710
Get yourself on the 'waiting list' like every other person. If you're wearing one, no one will care if it fits you or not. Do you think people debate if a stainless-steel Sub is too big for their wrist? Due to the 'scarcity', no one cares how it looks.

>>16488726
It's fine, but once you 'graduate' to a better watch, this one will be in the junk drawer. Why not save up and skip a step? Less wasteful and you'll be happier in the long run.

>>16488738
Watches like this are directed at the superrich who are bored of normal watches. Once you have the standards, you begin to want something different.

>>16489228
Baltimore is a dangerous city, compared to others. No, I don't worry about having my watch stolen. Then again, I don't go out to dangerous areas, and I don't hang around poor people who are desperate enough to rob someone.

>>16489300
If it's new, take it to a watchmaker and have them adjust it, but do so after a week of watching it. Try leaving it dial-side up on a desk or something for 12 hours and see what happens to the time. Do the same leaving it crown-side up (i.e. lying on its side) for 12 hours; check the gain/loss again. At least then you'll be able to give the watchmaker some ideas about the performance and what you'd like to be fixed (if it can be). Normally it's an easy quick adjustment, 5 minutes, and about 20$ or so.

>>16489798
>and here's why

>>16489877
Good evening, Elliotttt.

>>16489923
The thought crosses my mind once in a while when I actually tally up the current cost of the lineup if I found buyers for all of the pieces. But what I've come to realize is that I'm happy with what I have AND I'm happy with the freedom to choose from the options. By removing several options for a single expensive option, I'd be happy...and yet not the same happy. If all it takes to get a grail is to save-save-save for a few years...well, that's not difficult. I did that for the house, so it's not rocket science.

>a grail
>>
>>16489986
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>16490618
See >>16490619
>>
>>16490619
Have fun
>>
>>16490049
I think that’s an extension of their autism, they want their dials to be so visible and military ready that they take some of the romance (aka anything reflective) out. The dial of my 80 buck glowie edition does look a little flat, but combined with the crazy lume it is absurdly clear even during piss breaks in the middle of the night.
>>
File: Nasa Velcro open.jpg (2.94 MB, 4288x3216)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>16489947
A serious question to you...who is going to buy any of your 'shitters'? I mean, think about it. Who wants a second-hand shitter when they could just buy the same thing new for a comparable price? And how could you sell a shitter low enough to entice someone to buy it without making the exercise pointless? This is why shitters are shitters...when you buy them, you assume there will be no resale value and that if they break, they're disposable.

>>16489753
Surprisingly enough, my 20,000$ watch gives me far more pleasure than any of the other ones. It's entirely emotional rather than practical, and that makes sense because it's a luxury, not a necessity. I know how much it's worth, I know how rare it is in the condition it's in, and I know what real collectors would pay for it if it went onto the open market. Furthermore, my enjoyment of the watch comes from its place in time period, the person who wore it before me, the adventures it went through on his wrist as well as the ones it's going through now on my wrist, etc. Given what it is and what the market currently values it at, I would never be able to get the same precise experience with another watch. Even the same model would be different: a worse condition would make me less happy, a different provenance would make me less happy, etc. It doesn't always seem like it, especially if one shops on Chrono24 all the time, but sometimes the market valuation of something is actually close to what I'm happy saving up for. Sometimes it's way out of line, of course....but sometimes it's dead-on. We don't buy expensive watches because they're technically better than watches that are less expensive, we buy them because they make us HAPPIER than the ones that are less expensive. That's all that matters in this 'hobby'; it's about happiness that a product can bring. If an Aliexpress watch makes you happy, then you've solved the watch-collecting conundrum and you're finished.
>>
File: Speedies for end-links.jpg (2.76 MB, 4288x3216)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
>>16490505
It's all about variation within a boundary of what you find aesthetically appealing. Lots of people do it. Buy what you love and to hell with everyone else.
>>
>>16490230
>>
>>16490635
Your question is irrelevant. People buy inexpensive watches all the time. Your concept of what has resale value is warped.
>>
>>16490644
>kino designs
>dogshit qc and customer service
French watches torture me like French women
>>
>>16490640
who asked
>>
>>16490635
nigga shut the fuck up
>>
File: 35th Anniversary.jpg (116 KB, 860x661)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>16490645
No, it isn't. People buy inexpensive watches all the time....brand new or from questionable chinese sites. Buying shitters second-hand is never profitable for the seller because shipping is usually more expensive, and buying them second hand as a buyer is stupid because they can get a new one with another day's wages.

A 100$ watch after being owned for a month should be sold highest price for 80$. Why would someone buy it for 80$ when they can get a brand new one for the price of a movie ticket and popped-corn?

>>16490652
Anon stated...therefore I responded to the statement of their lack of understanding. It's always better to help people who need help than to let them wallow in their crapulence.

>>16490656
That's very rude...you're not from Baltimore, are you?
>>
>>16490544
I think I can see your pusy
>>
>>16490659
You're an idiot. You're arguing against something that exists. I can spend 20k on used Seikos from people on Facebook if I wanted. People will buy the used watch because in your hypothetical that's 20% off. The fact that it's used is acceptable to them. It's pretty obvious that you have no concept of the value of money.
>>
File: Closer look.jpg (877 KB, 2016x1357)
877 KB
877 KB JPG
>>16490666
Awesome digits...but still, I disagree with your assessment. I'd say, try it. Put one of your shitters on ebay or zuckerbook or anywhere else, and see who wants to pull the trigger. Give them an incentive (i.e. pay for shipping yourself), and work out how much profit you'll make.

For discontinued items, new-old-stock will always reign supreme. Then comes very lightly used ones, and then ones that are worn. Maybe I'll put it another way: for the trouble to list, box up, ship, and get payment for a second-hand shitter, is the profit you'll make actually worth it?

This is why fliegers by Laco and Stowa languish in the second-hand market because you can buy them new for 1500 but the sellers of second-hand ones want to sell it to you for 1350. Would you seriously rather save 150$ (which is less than the price of servicing the fucking thing at an independent watchmaker) than buy it straight from the factory new at 1500?

For digital watches, it's a totally different ballgame (i.e. you don't have to factor in servicing once you get it), but for mechanicals it's ludicrous. I would never be able to sell my Seagull 1963 even if I wanted to...it cost me 250$, and it wouldn't be profitable to me to sell it except at 275$ and over. The whole idea is stupid.

Just keep the damn watches, save up, and buy something serious. It's not rocket science Anon, it's normal life. Is it really worth the trouble to sell stuff at a low price?
>>
>>16490666
Maybe we're arguing at cross purposes. Are you selling shitters that are quartz movements? Also, are any of them collectible or in high demand as vintage pieces?
>>
>>16490674
Not all brands are worth the second hand market. Most people have kids and bills to pay. $150 may be throwaway for you and it's not a big deal to me either, but that's why your thinking is flawed. I'm not going to argue that a market exists when I see it everyday. If you really have that much money, shouldn't you have a yacht club to attend to? Seriously you're completely disassociated from how most people live.
>>
Is retarded rich troll multiplying or is he just spamming and replying to himself at this point?
>>
i need a watch for a drip outfit for Halloween
most economical probably prx?
>>
>>16490696
Most economical is Chinese chit watch
>>
File: P2140112.jpg (2.77 MB, 4288x3216)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
>>16490690
I definitely agree about not all brands being worth it on the second-hand market; what I'm saying is that once you go below a certain pricepoint, it becomes unprofitable to sell and cost-ineffective to buy. But I should clarify here that I'm talking solely about mechanical watches; quartz watches have their own market with different upkeep requirements.

To service a mechanical watch at a reputable watchmaker, it costs between 250-500, depending on what it is, availability of parts, and the complications. When buying second-hand in mechanicals, if buying from an individual, you should always service the watch immediately or at least have a trusted watchmaker look at the innards before you go further after you receive it. Most brick-and-mortar mom+pop jewelry stores claim they service their second-hand watches as soon as they come in the store...but it's a known and blatant lie. Individuals will lie to you to increase confidence in the product.

So if you're buying a used mechanical that is between 200-500$, and you have to factor in servicing the watch as a foundational standard, then how is it worth buying second-hand instead of new? Similarly, if you're selling the watch, selling it for less than you bought it is a loss, because you not only do not have the watch anymore, but you don't have as much money as you did when you paid for it new. None of this is good.

In this case, Archie is right that a shitter is 2000$ or less, but it's not a shitter due to the aesthetics or the movement. It's a shitter because it can't be sold at a profit, it is not worth repairing if it breaks, and it's disposable in the most genuine meaning of the word.

So, help me to understand why anyone would sell or buy in this pricepoint? It just doesn't make any sense unless you're meeting the buyer at a parking lot exchanging 100$ for a watch out of his coat pocket. Have I missed something here?

>>16490691
I don't know...do you think >>16490690 is me? lol
>>
>>16490705
>why would anyone sell or buy in this price point?

It doesn't matter. They do anyway despite your stupid argument. This is like telling people to buy a Lamborghini because it will gain value over a Honda Civic. Most people can't afford a Lamborghini. This is why you'll never get it. You have a massive hole in your worldview.
>>
File: Rear Window.jpg (96 KB, 600x600)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>16490723
There's a problem with your analogy though. Watches are now totally obsolete due to mobiles being the go-to. Cars are not obsolete yet. People still need vehicular transport, especially in cities in north america where it's miles and miles to anywhere and public trans is shit. So, it makes sense for people to buy whatever car they can afford. But you see, no one is making the argument that you shouldn't buy a shitter car...in fact, it's the most practical to buy a shitter car and just repair it (older volvos, mercedes, and toyotas are awesome for this, btw). But wristwatches? No one...NO ONE needs these for anything. They're pure luxury.

Once you have a product that no one needs, then the argument to not buy shitters becomes important. It's the same reason why every thread there is at least one Anon who is using a watch as a stepping stone to another one. I'll buy this Invicta until I can afford a Sub. I'll buy this Seiko 5 until I can afford a Snowflake. I'll buy a Seagull 1963 until I can afford a moonwatch. It's all the same. Inexpensive luxury watches are placeholders for luxury watches that people actually want. But they are that way because they're luxuries, not necessities.

I know there is an argument to say that a car is a luxury, and to an extent it is...however in many parts of the western world, you can't function without a car because public transport is either unavailable or less cost effective in terms of time. Given that people will live 'out of their cars'...it tells you a lot about how important they are as a necessity. Watches are not necessities AT ALL. That's why a shitter is actually a shitter, and not just a poor-man's substitute for the real thing.

>once again, this doesn't include quartz watches, which truth be told are the cheapest fucking watches on the planet and keep better time than the most expensive mechanicals.
>>
>>16490737
I don't buy less expensive watches because I'm coping for something more expensive. I buy them because they're works of art that are different from anything more expensive. Most people will never be able to justify a $5k watch since it's a luxury as you said. That's the entire reason this price segment exists.
>>
File: Fitbit Charge 2.jpg (46 KB, 770x433)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Let me try with a hard example, because we're really just arguing in circles here.

An Orient Bambino, 2nd Generation. Brand new, I can get one from Amazon for 144.57 USD. No one would be able to entice a buyer to buy a second-hand Bambino for anything more than 125 USD, realistically, especially not knowing the condition of the movement or the performance of it, the condition of the leather strap, etc.

How can anyone sell a used Bambino and have it be profitable for themselves, and why would any one buy one if they could save up and just get a new one for not much more? Unless the Bambino was being sold ludicrously low (i.e. 50$), but why would any seller do this? It might cost more to ship the damn thing. This is what I'm talking about, numbers wise. I hope that makes it more clear.

>>16490739
Then you and me are alike in this way and we have something in common: we buy what we love and fuck the rest. There are more expensive watches than the ones I own...by a hell of a lot more money. There are watches worth my house and more. There will ALWAYS be watches more expensive and rare than the ones I have. My watches are 'inexpensive' if the person thinking of them usually buys Patek Stainless Steel models. I agree with your statements completely.

The issue that I have is that buying and selling watches at below 2000, assuming you can get them new today (i.e. not vintage, that's totally different), is where either the seller is utterly stupid and ready to lose money or the buyer is uninformed. So, the market may support this kind of trade, but the individuals within the trade always have at least one person who is getting royally screwed.

If I use the Bambino idea above for a moment, it's clear, isn't it? It's not worth servicing, so if it's been used for 5 years already, then who knows how long the movement will last if you decide to buy it. Would you spend more than the watch to have a new movement dropped in? Of course not.
>>
>>16490750
That's the thing. It was never about making profit. Luxury is not about making money. Many budget minded people will figure out basic watch servicing to save money.
>>
File: Spring Case reverse.jpg (79 KB, 800x600)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
I'll give you a different example.

Chrono24 has a Nomos Ludwig, no box and papers, for 920 USD. Provenance unknown, condition essentially unknown. Nomos' website has brand new for 1923.45 USD. In this case, the watch itself is less than half price. If it arrives safe and is working, then the buyer has 'won'. If it doesn't or if it gives trouble, then a trip to the watchmaker is required, which increases the price of ownership. If the watch required a full service, then the price gets closer to just buying one new, box and papers direct from Nomos. To buy it from japan is to take a chance. But the Japanese have no choice but to sell it low because if it were higher, no one would buy.

>>16490762
If it wasn't about making profit, then WHY SELL THEM?? Keep them, do basic servicing of your own on them, and just keep buying more. Shitters aren't worth selling, therefore, if you buy them, you're buying them '4-life'. It all comes back to my question earlier. The Anon specifically talked about selling all of his shitters and getting something in the 2-3K range. Why bother to sell them if it's not profitable? Why not just keep them?
>>
>>16490696
>>
>>16490750
I have a Seiko SKX009 that I bought 10 years ago for $200. Good luck finding one for that price now.
>>
>>16490777
You sell them to recover money to buy watches you like more, or downsize or maybe your tastes change. Recovering at least 80% of your money is pretty good in you're a regular person. Maybe you can afford to keep shit you don't want but most people can't. Your world view is incorrect.
>>
File: Flying.jpg (228 KB, 800x1067)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>16490795
I had to look it up, and it seems it's a desirable model, especially ones with a 'ghost' bezel...lol Lowest price I can find is around 270 USD or so. Are you going to sell yours Anon? You could make a profit....

>>16490796
Then you're explaining my point. "...to recover money to buy watches you like more'. Why buy watches that are not as good as other ones? Why is there a category of 'watches I like more therefore I have to sell my old ones'? That would imply that mistakes were made in the past when it comes to buying shitters. Downsizing is yet another one: watches don't take up real-estate, at least, shitters don't because their boxes are tiny and they don't come with accoutrements. In what way does someone need to 'downsize' a few Casios? WTF Anon? Even >>16490495 with his box-of-entry....he would do better to simply keep them, wear them, enjoy them, and save up and buy more rather than 'downsize' and get rid of a few Presages.

Watches for men are purses and shoes for women, only our feet don't get messed up and swollen with bunions and shit. The worst that happens with mechanical watches is that they're too costly to repair if they break...that's it. But it's ludicrous to suggest that anyone's purchases of watches requires 'downsizing'. That's a bullshit excuse because the profit margin is not high enough on shitters to catapult someone into a distinctly higher echelon of quality, and it's only when you reach 6-7K that the high horology brands that do poorly on the grey market sit in the same position as new ones from lower brands.

You can get a precious metal Roger Dubuis for around 7K starting...and that's Geneva Seal finishing on the movement, btw. You can also buy a new Speedmaster from Omega for around the same price. Obviously the two are not in the same league...the Dubuis is leagues higher. But the resale on them is atrocious, so you can 'get a deal'.

Shitters are not at this price-point. It's unpossible.
>>
Got an opportunity to buy this Seiko 6N42-00F0 for $67. Worth it?
>>
File: Aesthetic Perfection.jpg (275 KB, 1195x939)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>16490829
Does it work? Does it have all the links? How old? Any moisture damage? Do you have to pay shipping? Have you tried one on to know that it looks good on your wrist? Is it a chinese clone?

Or maybe, sure, why not. What have you got to lose?
>>
File: spoopy.jpg (1.27 MB, 3024x3024)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>16490696
get the spooper
>>
File: Speedy.jpg (251 KB, 1536x1152)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>16490829
There are a couple for 69-70ish on Ebay. I don't know if your price is particularly special Anon...but it is on the low end.

>>16490841
These are so cool...
>>
>>16490841
what's the ref
last i tried getting this thing i couldn't find any good listings that would ship to me and be in half decent shape
>>
>>16490826
>Watches don't take up real estate
wrong
>This implies mistakes were made when buying shitters
no it means your taste change. Really insane you don't get that

You're an idiot. Most can't afford a 6k watch. This is what you don't understand. Even if they saved up they would only have one watch that they would never wear. Just admit you don't understand what it's like to be middle class. Again warped world view stop replying
>>
Okay watch nerds how do I actually shop on chrono24? Almost everyone is using stock photos.
>>
>>16490859
Sorry you can't just go to school or buy crypto I guess?
>>
>>16490863
he's a tradesman, he's here to make money, not lose it
>>
>>16490863
>The economy allows everyone to be rich.

You're unironically an uneducated person
>>
>>16490856
18005552368
>>
File: Beyond the veil.jpg (232 KB, 1280x1024)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>16490859
No, because I was born lower-middle class and worked my ass off to where I am now. But instead of buying shitter after shitter after shitter, I bought one shitter (my Seagull 1963), found it didn't make me happy because I really wanted a Speedy, and then all the other watches came from saving up. I painstakingly identified precisely what I wanted, made the target goal, and saved until it was possible. It's easily the most cost-effective solution, but it comes at a price: you have to delay gratification with the possibility that you may never achieve it (due to illness, death, etc.).

It's the same for Anons who are currently saving for a house, or their first car, or anything. You could be a month away from doing a downpayment on a good mortgage plan, and get into a car accident and end up a vegetable. You could be one paycheque away from paying off your house finally, and die of Covid. It's all the same; serious financial goals mean you sacrifice the here and now (including vacations, meals out, etc.) in order to have a better standard of living in the future, assuming you live long enough.

The problem is that we live in a society that promotes and supports disposable products that make us 'happy' now, and are designed to be obsolete in the near future so we have to buy replacements. It's one of the reasons why it's tough to sell smart watches to rich people; they know it's a scam, and they know that the tech will be useless soon. But you can always sell them to idiots and the poor, because it's technology, and technology symbolizes wealth. Spend money on things that last, and you'll never be poor; this goes for furniture, cars, wristwatches, and anything else that is somewhat mechanical in nature. As soon as computer technology is involved however, things become immediately obsolete or disposable.
>>
File: Nasa Velcro.jpg (2.82 MB, 4288x3216)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>16490862
It's safe to use, and the way it works is that they protect the buyer foremost. It's best to communicate with the seller directly through messaging after doing your due diligence, and then you transfer money into an escrow account. You control when the money is released, and you can do this after you receive and inspect the product you bought. I've used it 4 times, and it's been awesome each time (once as a seller, and thrice as a buyer). As for stock photos, it depends on who you are buying from, where it's coming from, what it is, etc. If it's an individual, they have to provide pics of the timepiece set to specific times on the dial to show that they really own it. If it's NEW or New-in-box, then usually a stock photo will be okay. As a buyer, you always have the option to prove after receiving it that it's not new, or that there is something wrong....and from what I can tell, Chrono24 takes the Buyer's side.

>pic related is one of the purchases I made this past year on Chrono.
>>
>>16490873
That's great anon but the problem is you bought something you didn't really want. That's not the case for everyone. There are people that buy a Yema because that's the design that they fall on love with not a rolex submariner.

Smart watches are not comparable to real watches. A Bambino is not designed to never work again after 3 years.

Society requires lower class people for it to function. There are people that will simply never have what it takes to make a lot of money regardless of how much you help them.

Long story short stop bitching about the second hand market. You don't get it.
>>
Thinking about getting this one next. Rate
>>
>>16490889
Bold/10
>>
aint reading all that shit
happy for you
or sorry that happened
>>
>>16490887
>There are people that buy a Yema because that's the design that they fall on love with not a rolex submariner.
Then they have undeveloped taste.
>>
>>16490901
Thanks
>>
>>16490902
>They don't like what I like therefore they're wrong
Retard
>>
>>16490169
The GA-2100 was a good choice but the second one should have been a digital not a terrible analog. Guy seems well off but not super wealthy.
>>
File: Citizen Square.gif (106 KB, 600x554)
106 KB
106 KB GIF
>>16490887
Anyone else having deja vu? I feel like we've been down this road, but a year ago or so.

I agree that some people buy shitters because they love them. That's not the problem I'm talking about.

1) The first problem is that the resale value of shitters is horrific, which makes the actual transaction not worth the hassle for the seller and not worth the price for the buyer unless the seller discounts it so heavily as to make it attractive (i.e. 60% or lower). So, if you have a shitter it's better to simply keep it and just save up for the next watch you want. That's my first 'bitching' complaint'.

2) The second one is that Bambinos like any other mechanical watch require servicing (by yourself or your trusty watchmaker) to run well. If you're okay with Vostok shitters running +45 seconds a day, then that's fine if the Bambino starts to go outside of tolerances. But the problem is that the cost of upkeeping the Bambino isn't justified if you can spend the same cost of upkeep on a better watch. This is something that 60s Omegas and Rolexes are known for; that for cases that were either unopened (yet worn) for 20-30 years, assuming no water damage, the movements run excellently well without the sheering off of teeth on the wheels, excess friction in the pivots, etc.; it's one of the reasons why buying a 60s vintage Omega with a Cal. 5xx is actually a bargain since they can be had for 1000 or less. Modern movements in the same price category are demonstrably worse in quality...so it's a waste of money long term.

My issues are not with people Anon, nor with their wealth and income level. My issue is with an Anon who comes to this thread and wants to buy a shitter as a placeholder for something more expensive they plan to get later when they save more money, and the encouragement they get to do so. It's a waste of the little money they have.
>>
>>16490909
>My issues are not with people Anon, nor with their wealth and income level. My issue is with an Anon who comes to this thread and wants to buy a shitter as a placeholder for something more expensive they plan to get later when they save more money, and the encouragement they get to do so. It's a waste of the little money they have.

I agree with that sentiment. I don't agree with how you arrive there. Resale value doesn't matter to some. The "hassle" of selling is worth it to some. Most people don't care about accuracy because watches are obsolete.
>>
>>16490485
I hate bluetooth but I might get it. Looks cool.
>>16490610
Can't really get anything better. It's midrange price for a Casio.
>>
File: Heaven....jpg (889 KB, 2016x1308)
889 KB
889 KB JPG
>>16490913
Well...we agree on something. And anyway, the most dangerous question you can ask yourself is:

"Couldn't I just save up for another month? Then I could afford that XXXXX instead....but wait...if I saved up 2 more months after that, I could get XXXX instead...."

That's one of the amazing and terrifying things about Chrono24. It's amazing because you see just how mass-produced certain watches are in terms of availability (i.e. Rolex Two-tone Datejusts), to the point where none of them are 'special' anymore....but it's fucking terrifying that you can sit there at a comfortable price point, budget out everything, and have it all rekt because a listing comes up that gives you FULL box-and-papers for just a few hundred more....or one that is closer to what you really want for just a few thousand more...or one that is in better condition for 150 more....

What a new Anon to this hobby needs to know is simple: there are no shortcuts, only buy what you love, give yourself time to learn what you love before purchasing (i.e. trying on the product multiple times, trying on different ones in the same price bracket, etc.), always budget in upkeep (servicing, extra straps, etc.) long before deciding on what price is okay for you, and most importantly, NEVER compromise on what you want. Aside from spending money, we're spending 'time' not having something in order to get something we want later on in life. That's what I'd suggest. If the Anon wants to buy a Stowa Flieger, no problem. If they want the Yema from earlier in the thread, no problem. As long as they have done the research and are not at the point where the watch is a surrogate for something more expensive and better but essentially the same aesthetically.

Hell, that's the reason I can't decide on a flieger right now. A real one from WWII is unwearable, the best replica is by Laco, but their movements are now Sellita instead of ETA. Sad...
>>
>>16490505
I bought the same sneakers 4 times, I bought the same watch 15 times, I bought the same game 28 times. If you know yourself you know what works for you so you stop wasting time.
>>
>>16490922
I would never wear a watch out of the house that was over 1000$. I could afford a basic Rolex right now and it would stay in a safe forever and I'd have no other watches. I like having variety. That's why I don't subscribe to your way of thinking. I can sell shitters in the future and someone will buy them despite your protest. Honestly I don't even like Rolexes I'd get a Reverso instead but I don't buy anything that looks like a Reverso because I don't want to spend the money on it.
>>
>>16490889
see >>16488707
>Should I buy this MVMT / DW / "minimalist" fashion watch?
> https://imgur.com/a/6CNO8
TLDR: it's shit
>>
>>16490935
I understand your position in terms of what Rolex is...just remember that you're talking to someone who doesn't really like them much. I love the double-red Seadweller from decades ago...and for a moment I wanted to get a Cellini Prince from around 2012ish...but that stopped because the fucking second hand looks like Fred Flintstone's big toe. I could have gotten a Rolex years ago, but after trying them on (when they still had them in stores), I found that they 'looked' wrong on my wrist. All except the Day-Date in yellow gold (the larger version, not the 36mm). But honestly Anon, the older day-dates (from the 60s/70s) are actually more beautiful aesthetically, especially with the stepped dial details. So, that's a no-go too.

I like the Reverso Tourbillon, but the normal ones don't really do much for me (though the 'Tribute' is awesome, can't deny). I think variety is awesome if a person can afford it, and all I can do is wish you luck when you sell your shitters in the future. If you have pieces that are desirable, then they'll always find a buyer.

Where I don't quite understand is you saying you wouldn't leave the house wearing one over 1000$. Do you have a laptop computer? If you do, it might be close to that. If you have a car or are in the process of buying one...well, that will be another expense that could be just as easily stolen, damaged, etc.

In average cities with average crime rates, no one cares what an Anon is wearing because there are other things easier to steal and sell than a 2000 Fortis watch. That's why gangs drive motorcycles in London and rob the watch stores near New Bond Street...if you're wearing your Rolex AirKing under a cuff, no one will care.

If you live in Rio, then I would agree with you and not wear anything over 100$ on the streets...that's just asking for trouble. But if you're in New York...or Las Vegas...or Miami....it's really all the same. I wouldn't worry.
>>
>>16490945
It's not a minimalist fashion watch
>>
>>16490945
shut the fuck up retard
>>
>>16490948
Fuck off.
>>
>>16490957
>>16490961


>Miyota 8217 with hacking and automatic winding.
>200m water resistance
>38mm Titanium case
>and a 24h subdial for no reason.

I guess it's fine, if you love it. I'm sure it would work well as a field watch...which is the purpose, of course. A beater. I don't know if you want to spend 339USD on it (according to the website)....but perhaps the Titanium is worth it.

>>16490963
YAY!!! NO!!!!!
>>
>>16490961
>>16490957
>It's not a minimalist fashion watch
It is and it's a waste of money. There is no reason to buy it.
>>
>>16490966
The price is appropriate for it's specs. Titanium incurs a large premium

>and a 24h subdial for no reason.

all complications are for no reason
>>
>>16490969
So you don't know the definition of minimalist or fashion watch. Is the price tag not high enough for you?
>>
File: You too!.gif (1.66 MB, 300x224)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB GIF
>>16490969
But Anon...he likes it...he's got nothing to lose. There's a watch for every budget..and if we're lucky, one more watch or teddy or anyone else with tiny wrists will do a review of it to show us why it's a bargain...an undiscovered gem, if you will.

>>16490972
Not like this...24h 'complications' are as useful as the Chinese movements with a sun and moon that rotate every 24 hours. It's...McDonald's Happy Meal complications; it makes you feel like you win when really, you lost kiddo.

I agree that the Titanium commands a premium, of course. It always does, to be fair.
>>
>>16490976
Watches that were meant for use in dark areas for long periods of time have 24h complications. Putting so much more value on certain complications is stupid because watches in and of themselves are not useful. It's just cool
>>
File: umm....what....png (42 KB, 693x496)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>16490979
Try it. No really, try it. Put a digital watch to 24h time for a few days. It's fun, and cool, and something to talk about with friends. But then you learn after a while that really, it's just telling the same time, twice as slow.

Chronographs, date functions, even power reserves are useful complications. Very few people have zero access to the outdoors for days at a time to the point where their internal body clock would be confused. Even nurses who work night shifts don't need 24h on their watches because they can FEEL that it's nighttime.

>this is the Grimace of McDonald's complications...
>>
>>16490989
But anon none of those complications are useful. Don't you have a phone?
>>
File: Back then.....jpg (7 KB, 236x207)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>16490991
Date functions on a watch mean I don't have to pull out a phone to write a cheque. Chronographs can be actuated 'blind' whenever necessary by touching my wrist. I can read the fucking time by glancing under my cuff as my arm extends rather than pulling out my phone (which will always cause more attention because phones don't fit in suit pockets and when you put on into a jacket pocket it bulges and weighs you down). I get that most Anons here don't wear suits regularly, but the size of modern phones is not convenient for suits at all. Sorry, but for my daily work, watches are far more discreet, convenient, legible, and fun.

When I use my pocket watches, they're likely sitting on a desk during conferences or juries, so it is a surrogate for a phone..with the benefit that it'll never ring 'accidentally' and cause embarrassment to me. It's like you can't imagine a world without mobile phones....god I wish we could go back to that world sometimes.
>>
>>16490996
>When I use my pocket watches
>>
File: Walham Final Hand.jpg (2.81 MB, 4288x3216)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
>>16491001
It's awesome; 3-piece suits are max comfy, and they can hide a belly if you haven't had time to exorcise. Here's one...a Waltham from 1908/1909 with a Vanguard movement in it. It's holding to +0.5 seconds per month right now. For really accurate time pieces, railroad-grade pocket watches from the American companies (Illinois, Elgin, Waltham, and Hamilton) are by far the best bargains in terms of price vs. mechanical ability.
>>
The Speedmaster is the worst watch because its whole marketing gimmick, that it went to the moon, is based on a lie
>>
File: Zenith in hand.jpg (2.94 MB, 4288x3216)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>16491001
Here's the other one: it's a Zenith 5011k, which was the most accurate chronometer movement Zenith ever produced before the quartz crisis. Pain in the ass to acquire, but remarkable for its timekeeping abilities. Not to mention the obvious Breguet inspired aesthetics. Zenith had a tonne of these movements in storage in pieces, so they reissued them into a wristwatch (!!!) sometime in the early 2011/12 era...it's a huge watch (something like 52mm or something crazy like that), but probably not comfortable because the movement is heavy.

The complication (power reserve) is easily the most useful complication for a hand-wound watch....the moonphase however is just pure decoration, and only useful if you want to track werewolves, vampires, menstrual periods, and other untamable creatures of the night.
>>
>>16490862
if theyre watch dealers, they might only source the watch once they have an order if all theyre doing is stock photos
>>
>>16490922
i have generally agreed with your points about buying and holding watches, not buying total shitters, but sellita and eta are pretty interchangeable, not much difference in quality, plus you get an extra jewel
>>
>>16490973
It's a fashion watch and it's minimalist. Just read their marketing about being a lifestyle brand or some bs. The problem is the price, like all minimalist fashion watches, is ridiculously high. If you don't know better go ahead and waste your money.

>>16490972
Titanium is ridiculously abundant. The only more common industrial metals are iron, copper, and magnesium. The only reason watch brands can charge a premium for it is false scarcity and marketing. For under $300 you can get a titanium sapphire watch from a real brand.
>>
What watch do I buy if I want to make other watchfags seethe eternally?
>>
File: Hands Ary.jpg (3.11 MB, 4288x3216)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
>>16491058
I have no problem with ETA movements; my old Seamaster had one in it, and it performed well (though the winding was not efficient at all...if you sit at a desk with the 1120 movement all day, it won't wind at all). I've had zero experience with the Sellitas, either short or long term. What has bothered me about the Laco situation is that my watchmaker can get the movements for around 150 or so, give or take, which is less than what he'd charge to disassemble and service a movement. In other words, if something happened to the Laco, he'd rather just throw in a new movement than work on the old one. And he'd be right to do so, economically speaking. There's a part of me that hates this though, because it just plays into the disposability of the whole endeavor. Maybe I'm sad about it, maybe I'm an old man, whatever...but it hate that something that has been precision made to this degree is disposable. There's something wrong about that. If it were a Miyota non chronometer movement or a low-grade Seiko movement, I wouldn't care less...but if a movement is capable and tuned to within COSC specs, I find it atrociously wasteful to get rid of it entirely instead of servicing it. So, I'm stuck...I'd rather not buy the watch at all. Really, that's my problem, no one else's, but still, that's where I am.

Does any of it matter though? I've made this point before...if a mechanical watch runs within COSC or better, then what does it matter if it's a Sellita or a Dubuis inhouse? It doesn't really...unless you want to see finishing and all that. But in terms of practical day-to-day usage...it doesn't matter. I don't know...there are too many what-ifs, which lead me back to my original position. Buy what you love, fuck the rest. Watches are luxuries; we don't have to justify our ownership of them to anyone, and if we feel like we do, then perhaps we have another problem to solve (i.e. are we happy with our purchase or do we need social support for it.
>>
>>16489872
After some more consideration, I think my 6 inch wrists are probably too thin for this watch. 34-38mm is probably about the range I should be looking at for dress watches, otherwise I might want to replace it as soon as I get over the "new buy honeymoon period".

>>16490316
I found a good deal specifically on this one, which is why I didn't mention any of the other Presages. The "womens" watches in the Presage line, being ~34mm, would fit me and some look more unisex imo so that would be a better choice. Except they use the same movement and cost about twice as much and if I'm going to save up anyway I might as well save up for something a little better.

>>16490618
I'll save up and get something better in the future, thanks anon.
>>
File: On wrist.jpg (61 KB, 640x640)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>16491070
I don't think I can agree with you Anon. Titanium can be expensive if you have to work it to a fine degree of precision and finishing. That's why so many titanium watches look like grey lumps of shit. You need a lot of r+d to make it look decent, and it'll always command a premium over stainless steel, regardless of what company produces it. So, the price almost makes sense. I mean, you're not spending the money for the 24hour subdial...lol

>>16491076
Invicta or Diesel.
>>
>>16491076
You can't make everyone angry. You get a jap watch to make swissfags angry. You get a swiss watch to make poor weebs angry. Richfags are all about price and exclusivity so if you have the rarest most expensive watch you will make other richfags angry. Poorfags are all about value and features so anything moderately priced makes them angry. Just pick who you want to make angry.
>>
>>16490889
On a scale of 1 to Bold, i'd rate this Bolder.
>>
>>16491087
Based on this, should I dual-wield both an iced-out Jacob & Co. and an f91w, and maybe also a Daniel Wellington?
>>
>>16491096
You need to think above Jacob and co. Go tell FP Journe to make you a unique watch then kill him. Everyone respects a cheap Casio. If you wear a DW they will have to get too close to you to be able to tell it's not a swiss $20,000 watch.
>>
File: Defeat.jpg (106 KB, 634x683)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>16491096
Nah...just get an Oris. It fails on every level, offends on every level, and is too expensive for its quality but too cheap for its maintenance.

Oris is the answer.
>>
>>16491076
Rolex
>>
>>16491113
Oris is pretty much the best watch brand for non-retards.
>>
>>16491126
How?
>>
>>16491084
Anything you can do in steel you can do in titanium. Is it harder to do? Yes. Will companies market the hell out of that to make gullible people like you believe it's worth a significant premium when some budget brands shit out full titanium watches for under $100? Also yes.

Next tell me about how much of a premium you think sapphire is worth.
>>
File: I am out.gif (613 KB, 295x221)
613 KB
613 KB GIF
>>16491132
Anon is right to an extent.

Oris is:

>expensive enough to seem like quality.
>cheap enough not to be more expensive than a diamond engagement ring.
>practical enough to be his 1-and-only-watch
>disposable enough that when it breaks down, it's okay if you take it to your local mall jeweler and have him take it apart with screwdrivers that aren't sharp.

>>16491142
I agree with you, but what I'm saying is that Titanium will always command a higher price regardless of how a watch enthusiast will view the material. It's the same reason I think that Bronze cases are a scam. But it doesn't stop a premium on the material from existing, so there isn't a way forward on that.

Sapphire crystals will always command a premium because they're functionally better than mineral glass and more expensive to produce. But again, the only premium you find are on models that are functionally similar but with small adjustments (like the Speedmaster Hesalite vs. Sapphire crystal). I'll put it this way though; I've only handled one watch with a mineral crystal, and all I can say is 'never again'. I'll take hesalite, plastic, or sapphire any day. But Mineral Crystal....fuck no.
>>
File: Don't be Hasty.jpg (44 KB, 400x300)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>16491142
Also; is there a single watch company that makes watches and sells them at cost or below cost? C'mon Anon...they're all out to make a profit like everyone else.

According to the fat fuck from florida, Omega's markup was something like 40% or so, and according to other people in the business, that's middle of the range. Patek is supposedly higher, Oris supposedly lower. Can you not expect a watch manufacturer to justify their prices by hyping up things that don't deserve hyping up?

Hell, that's why I'm on the side that thinks that servicing every 5-7 years is unnecessary (assuming you're not doing watertesting and the movement is clean to start with). Lubricating oils have gotten better, materials have gotten better (depending on the manufacturer, of course), assembly standards have gotten better...so why do we need to service movements more often than in the past? It's just a second stream of income for the companies because they know they can't sell you a watch every 5 years but they sure as hell can make you fear that your watch will fall apart if you don't give them a % of the cost to buy a new one. They want to make profit.
>>
File: Omegawild.jpg (39 KB, 640x480)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Alright, more work to do. Take care Anons, and don't waste money!
>>
>>16490945
>idiot parrot without nuance
Lmao Boldr is not a fashion watch you dumb idiot
>>
File: d.png (584 KB, 682x800)
584 KB
584 KB PNG
Rate
>>
>>16491113
>>16491126
>>16491148
Oris is overpriced trash. This general is filled with dumb people now.
>>
>>16491287
>overly complicated date

Keked.
>>
>>16491287
>officially uncertified
>>
Looking forward to picking up this redpilled beauty. Seems the perfect balance of versatility and a slight garishness which the other (pastel and metallic blue/black) lack. For retail price it seems like a steal compared to a date-just which is iconic yet too formal. .
>>
>>16491394
>of versatility
It's a fucking watch, it is as just as versatile as any other watch.
>>
>>16491411
versatile in the sense it can be worn in a variety of different settings with different outfits you autistic turd. A bright red Vostok shouldn't be worn on a suited occasion like a funeral you mongoloid.

We are on a fashion board in case you haven't forgotten. I bet you wore your dogshit value buy casio to your Mcdonalds interview in your $99 suit.
>>
I tripped acid wearing this mecha quartz chrono and it was a bad idea wearing it lmao I just thought about how it would tick away aþs well on me as the shelf. I'm selling all of my quartzes now.. rgw8g
>>
>>16491148
Everything you mentioned about Oris applies to thousands of other watches that aren't a ripoff.

Titanium can command a small premium but the premium brands ask for is a scam.

You can buy an AR replacement sapphire crystal for a few dollars. Again it should command a premium but what companies ask is all based on gullible people like you who think they can tell a mineral crystal from a sapphire crystal through normal use.

>>16491155
Nobody is talking about selling things at cost retard. We are just talking about charging something reasonable and brainwashing people into thinking something is worth a premium that is not.
>>
>>16491276
Boldr is a fashion watch and it's overpriced and a waste of money.
>>
>>16491394
When will Rolex stop copying Seiko?
>>
>>16491434
Show me another 38mm titanium watch japanese automatic with sapphire with 200m WR under 300 dollars. Go on.
>>
>>16491445
People hate here cos they think they're popular on Reddit but Seiko is fuckin great, they have gorgeous looking unpretentious watches
>>
>have the willpower to stick with a fake gold casio shitter while lusting after luxury watches I can afford for two whole years
>become extremely autistic in regards to buying criteria ie no special editions or watches owned by multinational conglomerates
>wanted a fun summer diver so bought first automatic watch, vostok ofc
>been less than a week since purchase, hasn't even been shipped by russian post most likely
>lose all interest in watches on every level whether they be lusted after haq or beautiful automatics

What now bros
>>
>>16491457
get a life
>>
>>16491287
>XD
>>
>>16491445
snxs is ugly
snk are better

snk361
snk355
snk357
snk377
snk381
>>
>>16491490
Where's the gold indices and silver sunburst dial?
>>
whatever happened to the watch project /g/ was doing couple years ago? afaik it would have been commissioned from vostok, they even made the logo and dial design
perhaps someone still has a pic of the design?
>>
>>16491448
>imagine paying 2x for chinkshit
>>
>>16491457
>become extremely autistic in regards to buying criteria
Nice. Russians have cured another one. I don't see the problem. All you needed was your Casio all along.
>>
>>16491526
>not titanium
>homage fashion shitter
Lmao kill yourself you utter failure.
>>
>>16491588
>homage fashion shitter
That is what your shit brand is. Get better at shilling or you are going to lose your only income.
>>
>>16491615
You tipped your hand it's obvious you're just trolling at this point or pretending to because you found out you were a moron who doesn't know shit. Their design isn't even homaging anything. Lmao you should really still kill yourself though. Dumbass.
>>
>>16491620
>field watch homage
>is not a field watch homage
>>
>>16491630
Which field watch is it homaging then hmm?
>>
Is
https://www.pocketwatches.com/
a reliable place to to get pocket watches, or is it one of those wedding fashion sites?
Any recommendations on places to look at for pocket watches besides "don't buy a pocket watch?"
>>
File: 32950904387988.jpg (1.92 MB, 3264x2741)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
What looks nicer, under or over the sleeve? Personally I prefer under, but most ppl do it the other way around when posting online, if the use any sleeves at all
>>
>>16491730
Both look like ugly oversized cheap shit.
>>
Guys I've just been to an AD and saw a lot of luxury watches in person for the first time and wtf most of them look like cheap shit. And I'm talking about omega seamasters and stuff. Maybe it's because of the lights? It all looked so overpolished, even the applied indices looked like polished plastic
>>
>>16491394
I'd say that's more formal than a DJ as it lacks a date complication.
>>
>>16491730
When taking a picture of a watch position it how it looks best. When wearing a watch in real life nobody should see it with a long sleeve unless you are reading the time.
>>
>>16491644
Check Hamilton or Marathon if you don't know what a field watch is supposed to look like.
>>
File: WVA-M630D-2A_l.jpg (144 KB, 500x600)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Went through a few automatic TAGs and Seikos but I'm so sick of inaccuracy and resetting. Got this solar+radio casio on the way, hopefully a nice set it and forget it experience

anybody tried the Seiko Kinetic pieces? I like the idea of kinetic generation but still keeping quartz accuracy
>>
>>16491730
Is the watch massive, or is your wrist just tiny?
>>
>>16491113
You can get better specs for the price and a brand backed by the biggest conglomerate if you get a longines. It will be a well made respectable shitter.
Dont talk about soul until you get into rolex or patek levels.
>>
>>16491588
Seeldive is based af
>>
>>16491843
>couldn't find an answer
Lmao still an utter failure kys.
>>
>>16491432
>Everything you mentioned about Oris applies to thousands of other watches that aren't a ripoff.
Name some?
>>
File: 1631816938191.jpg (607 KB, 750x1333)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
I just bought it, any advice?
>>
>>16492153
Never wear it in public.
>>
File: wristlet.jpg (132 KB, 1500x1500)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>16492153
>>
>>16492169
why?
>>
>>16492153
return and get the silver one
>>
>>16492186
lmao, i know man, 66 kilos
>>16492193
It was between silver and black, in the end I chose black because it is more discreet.
>>
File: casio1.jpg (1.33 MB, 2984x2264)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>16492153
Rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs will strip all the ugly text off the case. Works on the text under the bezel as well if you want to pop it open
>>16492169
imagine being this paranoid about some normalfag's opinion of your watch. i don't even take mine off to have sex
>>
>>16492203
>>Rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs will strip all the ugly text off the case.
DO NOT DO THIS, you will create shiny patches instead.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uobbcX7NQCc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uobbcX7NQCc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uobbcX7NQCc
>>
>>16492209
pic I posted is my watch I did in a few minutes with 90% isopropyl, no shiny patches here.

there are lots of retards online saying to use nail polish remover tho, keep your shit away from acetone obviously
>>
>>16492203
you need goo gone
>>
File: OP39 White.jpg (351 KB, 2100x1400)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>16491394
Why so big? Also I think the double batons look terrible, do yourself a favour and get this (used) beauty if you can

>>16491730
can you give us a pic with the watch under the sleeve?
>>
guys I’m falling back in love with the speedy. HELP
>>
>>16492169
My royale has received many comments from people, something that other watches can't get because they are boring and plain looking.
>>
>>16492153
>any advice
shave that leg
>>
>>16492282
those day date speedy anon posted were sexy as hell
>>
>>16491070
>It's minimalist
Do you not have eyes. A fucking Nomos is minimalist. Saying these look the same is retarded.
>muh marketing
so all watches are fashion watches. If you actually bothered to read any reviews you would see that this isn't a rebranded Ali Express watch
>>
I'm looking for a cheap watch that low class working women will think looks fancy, any tips?
>>
>>16492566
easy, cheap
>>
>>16492566
Unironically Invicta
>>
File: 1608378926794.jpg (1.46 MB, 3024x4032)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
An under-appreciated favorite.
>>
>>16492582
it is not under-appreciated
IT IS FUCKING CLASS
>>
>>16492582
lmao.the lugs are longer than the bracelet
>>
>>16492582
> under-appreciate
bullshit, its one of the most best selling and recognisable watches of all time that even normies know.
>>
MAKE A NEW THREAD
>>
>>16492692
do yourself u lazy cunt
>>
>>16492566
A Seiko or Orient diver with a metal bracelet
>>
new thread

>>16492778
>>16492778
>>
>>16491893
Nah, Kinetic is unreliable. It uses a capacitor instead of a battery, so if it's not your only watch you're going to have problems as it will be empty most of the time and will die on you soon.
What you bought is literally the best bang for buck watch on the market, i have an older version and i am very satisfied with it.
>>
>>16490495
not a single diver or field watch. What a cuck.
>>
>>16492153
Wear it without self-consciousness!

I use my Casio Royale for working out and traveling. I wouldn't wear it to the symphony or a job interview, but it is an iconic watch all the same.
>>
>>16489943
You are such a piece of shit anon.
He is probably more happy with his watch than you will ever be with any of yours as you won't even get your hands on a basic daytona.
>>
>>16493399
>He is probably more happy with his watch
He is definitely not.
If he was he would not need approval therefore would not make and upload the video on yt.
>>
>>16488774
What about 7.1 inches at 6 feet? Just curious.
>>
>>16493399
>such a piece of shit
Also the level of low self-esteem markers on his skin is near maximum.
Low self-esteem again is one of the main markers of piece of shit people.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.