[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I start college in September and right now I literally don’t go outside because i’m too autistic to understand fashion.

I don’t want to stand out, I just want to dress like a normal 20yo.
Where can I learn what kind of jeans to wear, the fits, which colors go together etc?
Just the basics.
Are there any good sites to buy clothes online too?

I have €1,000. Should that be enough to completely redo my wardrobe?
>>
just go to h&m, zara, uniqlo, whatever- they have good basics and most of the stuff that's on their shelves is trendy stuff what "normal" 20 year olds wear. solid colour tees, sweaters, coat/jacket, jeans or trousers. if you want to be trendy, don't buy skinny jeans and buy straight leg or slim jeans.
>>
>>16192138
>h&m
kill yourself, do NOT listen to anything this retard has to say

OP, this is what you do: roll up to a ralph lauren and just start trying shit on and buying it, see those manikins with outfits? Just buy the whole outfit. And voila, stop into Calvin klein and get some underwear and a hoodie or two as well
>>
If you get a decent haircut, pick up some decent looking joggers, hoodies, a bomber jacket, and sneakers like chucks that alone will make you look better than 75% of your peers (if you’re American. I don’t really know what Euro students are like but I’d guess it’s similar. Most college students wear sweatpants and hoodies everywhere all the time. Next level would be stuff like jeans, I like black and faded black, slim fit is better if you’re actually slim, long sleeves, crewneck sweaters. These just look ever so slightly more put together than hoodies and joggers. Lastly, I’d recommend you get some basic academia core. You want stuff like oxford button downs, crewneck sweaters, turtleneck sweaters, chinos, a decent pair of boots and/or loafers. That’s what I would do. You can get most of this stuff cheap from Uniqlo online (except the bomber) and upgrade as you see fit. That’s what I would do.
>>
>>16191840
hire a personal coordinator for one thousand euros then get an idea of outfits after the picking some out. then spend the next few moneys on buying stuff....
>>
>>16192327
Literall retard
>>
>>16191840
I recommend just lurking here on /fa/, see what you like and try to copy it.
>>
>>16191840
A lot of replies are going to either troll you or project their trash opinions, but I'd just give a few pieces of advice: a thousand euros is definitely enough for a solid wardrobe overhaul, I'd say it's even overkill. H&M and Zara are good suggestions, but don't overdo it with the trendy, fast-fashion looks. For a 20-year-old that's just trying to get by and still searching for his own look, I'd definitely go with just basic items, solid colours, nothing too bright or flashy. A pair of dark jeans, blue jeans, dark chinos, light chinos. Basic sweaters. Even a retailer like SportsDirect could work for picking out some standard items. Also, make sure the materials are comfy for you and you personally enjoy the clothes. The trick is just to be comfortable with yourself, you don't need to be faking or proving anything.
>>
>>16191840
unironically just get off this board, don’t try to fit a certain aesthetic or core or whatever the fuck, buy plain t shirts that fit you and your nipples don’t show through, jeans/khakis/normal pants that fit you and aren’t skinny or cargo, plain belt, some plain not grey hoodies, plain windbreaker, etc. if ur in america from my experience the easiest way to blend in as an npc is buy a couple hoodies and shirts from your university and mix them in sometimes, that way you’re not wearing all plain. just get off this board asap lest you start wearing a leather jacket or fucking sleazecore
>>
>>16192361
I generally agree with this guy, OP. Most people on this board have deluded themselves into constructing completely fake personalities and looks based on online image trends. If you're still a young guy, it would be best to avoid these pitfalls and just stick to your own sense of self.
>>
>>16192267
No Ralph Laren where I live.
There is Calvin Klein though. Anything else I can buy from there other than underwear and hoodies?
I was thinking about just buying an outfit that a manikin has but I don’t want to get exposed for being autistic.
Also what’s wrong with H&M?

>>16192291
Thanks. That’s helpful. Yeah, most people hear wear joggers and hoodies. I’m in Europe. I’m more of a jeans and sweater kinda guy desu.
Uniqluo delivers to Europe, right?
Also any ideas for the summer?
Just shorts/ ripped jeans/ joggers and T-shirts?
>>16192358
Thanks for the advice. I always liked the stuff in stores like Zara. It’s weird though because everyone my age and older always wears joggers and hoodies even if they’re at a party. I don’t like clothes as casual as that.

>>16192361
I actually have a problem with shirts and my nipples. I can’t find a plain white tshirt that isn’t either see-through or shows my nipples.
>>
go on ebay, depop, and vinted (esp good and cheap in europe) and see what you like
>>
>>16192358
What would you wear with chinos? Aren’t they a bit more formal?
>>
>>16192681
>Uniqluo delivers to Europe, right?
They should, yeah. Don’t quote me on it. I’m American.
>Also any ideas for the summer?
Disclaimer: I’m not great with dressing for spring and summer and obviously it depends where you live. Big difference if you’re in Spain or Norway, ya know? But I’m in the Northeastern US so basically, I do more or less the same. It’s just lighter and less clothing. Usually it’s thin joggers or jeans and a t shirt. Same thing with the next levels. Like, instead of jeans with an Oxford and a sweater, it’s just jeans and Oxford. Sometimes a polo shirt. I’ve been trying to incorporate short sleeve button downs lately but haven’t really got that down. Go to the WAYT and summer threads here and try to find stuff that’s normal-ish (99% is bizarre so you just have to lurk more)
>Just shorts/ ripped jeans/ joggers and T-shirts?
I don’t like shorts unless it’s really hot and I never wear ripped jeans. It’s just personal preference I guess. That said, I’ve always thought that the chino shorts and white tennis shoes look was good. You can wear a t shirt, pocket tee, long sleeve, button down (long sleeve or short) with that.

For the see through shirts problem look at Everlane (they’re expensive but good) or alternatively, Kirkland plain tees. They are nice and thick.
>>
>>16192712
Another tip: I’ve found white sneakers, faded black jeans, and a heathered grey kind of distressed college sweater or hoodie to be a good on-campus look and very easy.
>>
>>16191840
Autism is normal.
Everyone has autism.

You are experiencing what normal people experience.
>>
wear what you like, then once you get bullied enough by people you will know whats normally socially acceptable to wear
>>
>>16192712
>>16192720
Appreciate it.
As for shoes, could I wear minimal white sneakers like these with anything?
Like shorts/ jeans/ joggers?
I feel it’ll take me the longest to nail what kind of shoes to wear with what so I want something easy like that.
>>
>>16192733
I used to wear baggy orange shorts that went past the knees 3 years ago. Still don’t know how to dress.
>>
>>16192712
Is buying clothes online a good idea?
I ordered some sweatshirts and t-shirts from Boohooman and they all looked like shit. Idk if boohooman itself is shit
>>
>>16192750
>used to

atleast you know not to dress in those now, but yea even in 2007 those looked autistic.
its progress i guess
>>
>>16192752

boohooman is literally one of the lowest quality clothes sites you can buy from. Its good to get things there if you want to try out a certain style because its so cheap, but dont expect anything good, because you need some basics and dont want to spend alot
Zara
Weekday
are pretty good, the stuff they offer fit alot of the retarded stuff that get posted on fa if you like those styles
>>
>>16192742
Anything, casual or semi-casual, yeah. Shorts? Good. Joggers? Good. Jeans? Good. Chinos? Good. Dress pants? Probably not. See what I mean? Casual and semi-casual.

>>16192752
It’s been fine for me. I buy a lot of my clothes online. I just get to a point where I know that X brand runs a little small or shrinks easily so I size up while Y brand runs a little big and so on. Common problems with brands like Uniqlo are running small, shrinking, and just unflattering cuts but that’s to be expected for clothes that are so cheap. It will just take some trial and error and you can always check the sizing charts and reviews.
>>
>>16192769
>>16192812

So Zara, H&M, RiverIsland all have clothes for a 20 year old to wear? I don’t want to dress younger or older than I am.
>>
>>16192844
Also Calvin Klein.
>>
>>16192844
yea, thats their target audience, if you want some more "streetwear" vibe stuff you can look at UrbanOutfitters but cant really give a opinion on their quality and they sometimes have brands like "pleasures"
>>
>>16192844
Yeah. I bought a lot of Uniqlo and H&M and I still do. My other favorite is Everlane. It’s just more expensive.
>>
File: 2.jpg (237 KB, 1232x968)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>16191840
Shop at Haider Ackermann. Very affordable and very cool. You can look like this
>>
>>16193145
No where near cool enough to be that /fa/
>>
>>16192681
>Also what’s wrong with H&M?

There’s nothing wrong with H&M. Most people at college will have H&M clothes because it’s affordable and they have a wide range of clothes. I get clothes from there and it’s fine

As for clothes the basics jeans(black, grey and dark blue), t shirts, jumpers, hoodies, t shirt, Oxford shirt, sneakers, etc As for coats get a puffer jacket, bomber or parka. Can’t go wrong with any of those.

As for color matching use this
>>
>>16191840
OP, you have asked the wrong faggots. ultimately only through experimentation will you find out what you like. but don’t buy joggers or a bomber jacket or some faggy skinny jeans, everyone ITT is 5 years behind.

I think the easiest way to dress is with monochrome basics and then one piece with color. (e.g. black pants, black and white sneakers, white tee, blue denim shirt).

loose fitting pants (carhartt dungaree, or the more affordable dickies 874), a casual canvas sneakers (chuck 70’s, nike vandals, a pair of vans sk8 hi’s if you like them even tho they’re quite dated and normie now) and a leather sneaker like jordans or AF1’s with a plain hoodie or tee up top will look modern and stylish as well as be comfy and easy to wear.
>>
>>16193238
neutral colors like tans and browns are very easy to wear, and blue denim is ubiquitously neutral.
>>
>>16193238
Everyone and their mother wears joggers, anon.
Also what's wrong with bomber jackets?
>>
>>16191840
Bump, I also need help
>>
Kirkland White T-Shirts
Basic Dickies or non skinny jeans
Blank crew necks
old school adidas or basic nikes/converse

Make sure the proportions and silhoutte make sense and that everything fits how it should
>>
>>16193274
NTA, but Nothing, I like a good bomber
>>
>>16193238
This is dogshit advice. OP has no experience and is trying dress like a normal 20 yo and no, normal 20 yos are not all loose fitting dungarees and Jordans. OP will end up looking like an idiot if he does this.
>>
>>16193314
I agree, his outfits would be cringe
>>
>>16193274
> what's wrong with bomber jackets?

Everyone and their mother wears them.

fucking npcs, i swear
>>
>>16193328
Everyone wears shoes you fucking mongrel. That doesn’t mean their cringe. You can get unique bomber jackets
>>
>>16193328
That’s the point. OP said
> I don’t want to stand out, I just want to dress like a normal 20yo.
>>
>>16193334
>>16193338

These. Bomber jacket is a staple fashion item like sneakers or a t shirt.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.