[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Talk about hats.
I can get a couple of hatco products at cost and I’m thinking about grabbing a stratoliner pure. Thoughts?
>>
>>16111711
I'll be honest, what kind of hats can people even pull off today that aren't like casual baseball caps? It's not the '40s anymore, I feel like any kind of hat component to an outfit looks weird
>>
>>16111722
the issue is confidence, when people wear these their confidence is misplaced because they're either a massive faggot or a virgin. if it works with the fit and you're not one of those, it can actually work pretty well. that being said im a faggot and a virgin so i could never pull it off
>>
>>16111711
Cowboy hats have always been cool, unlike, say, a recent thread about flatcaps, strangely filled with pictures of hats that were similar to, but not actually, flatcaps.

But really, it's whether or not it works with the rest of your fit, and whether it's appropriate for your setting/context -- something everyone always forgets to discuss when it comes to good fits.

Finally, people on /fa/ keep saying that Western wear is a rising trend. If that's true, it's in your favour.
>>
>>16111722
Brimmed felt hats look much better than ball caps and especially bucket hats imo. I alternate between a straw Open Road and a felt telescope brim hat. I’ll probably pick up a cheap Panama hat to wear for a few weeks while I decide if a fedora style hat will work with my wardrobe, if not I’ll order an open crown Resistol instead. As long as you don’t wear streetwear or athleisure you should be able to pull of a hat fine. Constantly adjusting it or being insecure about it will make you look bad though, same as anything. Don’t let reddit memes about fedoras deter you.
>>
>>16111722
I wear a flat cap during fall/winter season and spring summer panama hats and such. I do live in a very hot and sunny location so that helps. No fedoras nor trilby hats.
>>
>>16111728
Post an example of it working well
>>
>>16111761
>>
>>16111761
Another
>>
File: Bild_2021-04-08_114610.png (476 KB, 474x711)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
I always wear a flat top panama hat in summer. Looks great and protects my head from the sun.
>>
>>16111722
I like hats in the summer also gonna get a hat like op
But yes they are insanely hard to pull off without getting larpy autistic or try hard
>>
>>16111926
Your fits are good, mate, but they always look tryhard. I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy hats.
>>
>>16111975
Thx bro. Lmao maybe you are right this summer I def gonna get a Panama hat and a cowboy style one
>>
File: PSX_20210326_135104.jpg (1.56 MB, 2872x3020)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
Open Road is all you need
>>
>>16111722
other than /out/ hats like a boonie or bucket, i think only panamas have a chance these days
>>
BOATER CHADS RISE UP
>>
File: 1603355786197.jpg (82 KB, 500x700)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>16111711
The only hat a male should ever wear is a cowboy hat, otherwise you are signaling for gay men to fuck you.
>>
>>16112632
>>
File: SFCRSN-403411_lg.jpg (314 KB, 2000x2000)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
I've been wanting to start rocking a cowboy hat but I don't think I can pull off the full-on big brim cattleman crease rodeo cowboy thing. I'm thinking about getting this Stetson and then having the store crease the brim up a bit, so it's still recognizable as a western hat but doesn't look like an out of season cowboy halloween costume on me.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>16113634
That hat looks western enough without the brim shaped, hats like that tend to look worse with the brim up imo
t. work in a western wear store
>>16112588
They’re surprisingly versatile
>>16112117
>boonie or bucket
Unless you play drums in The Stone Roses please don’t do this
>>16112112
Already have one. I’m leaning towards the Stratoliner pure because I’m not crazy about the cattleman’s crease and the almost western style band on the stratoliner means it won’t look out of place with cowboy boots
>>
>>16113721
>That hat looks western enough without the brim shaped, hats like that tend to look worse with the brim up imo
I just wasn't feeling the look on me with the flat brim. I tried on another similar hat with the same style of crown but with the brim creased up and it sat pretty nicely on my head, but it was a lower-end hat that didn't feel anywhere near as nice. I also just feel like it's a bit too fedora-like with the flatter brim and pinch front crown.
>>
>>16113796
I don’t like cattlemen crease hats that much either but you should try an Open Road. The crown isn’t as big as something like a Stetson Skyline and looks totally different when you’re wearing it.
>>
>>16113804
hmm I'll try an Open Road on next time I'm at the store, I'm just not as into the style though, really not a fan of the bound edge in particular. I'm also specifically trying to get away from anything with a "big city hipster" kinda image and I feel like the Open Road is a bit too close to that.
>>
>>16111711
hats look better when youre built like a man, but if you look like a sperg a hat will only make you look more of one
>>
>>16112003
Fucking do it. First piece of clothing l bought when I moved to Australia was a cowboy hat.
>>
>IT WAS BACK IN 32 WHEN TIMES WERE HARD HE HAD A COLT 45 AND A DECK OF CARDS
>>
Tangential question for you guys; what sort of glasses frames would look the least stupid with a cowboy hat? I'm in my mid-30s and my eyesight has gone to shit, need glasses for pretty much everything outdoors now and neither contacts or surgery are options for me (long story) but I don't want to give up on cool hats or look like some hipster dork. Prescription shades kinda negate the issue when it's bright and sunny out but I'd like to have an option for when it isn't. I'd guess there are plenty of people out there in similar situations to mine so I imagine people have figured out something that works.
>>
>>16113995
Probably not going to work, my man. Best bet is prescription shades, but I hate those, too.
>>
>>16114040
Yeah, kinda what I'm afraid of. I'm not too worried about pulling it off with the shades, it's a little bit of a faux pas but tons of people do the aviators + cowboy hat thing anyway and I'm a pilot so obnoxiously wearing aviators all the time is basically in my job description (flying, btw, is also why I don't want to risk surgery), but it's a lot harder with normal glasses.

I'm thinking, though, that maybe semi-aviator glasses might work. They seem to be coming into style this year in general and I think they'd be less of a problem with a hat than the thick plastic frames that've been common in recent years. I've also seen photos of old-school western guys in the '50s and '60s wearing aviator glasses with cowboy hats (and other large-brimmed hats of the period) and they manage to look pretty cool sometimes.
>>
>>16114136
Also, just to add to this, Stetson glasses are a thing, and I know they don't really have much to do with Stetson but they're obviously targeting the same audience and most of their styles are aviators or similar oversized wire frames, so I'd assume they've done market research and figured out that people think those work the best with a cowboy hat.
>>
>>16113796
yo if you work in a western wear store can you start a Western Wear general?

i have some questions about wrangler cowboy fits
>>
>>16114253
I think you meant to quote >>16113721 and not me. I'd totally participate in a western wear general if somebody made one though, I'm getting into the whole thing pretty hard lately and don't have anybody to talk to about it or anywhere to ask questions etc.
>>
>>16112112
Is it worth it? How does the quality of the felt feels?
>>
>>16113995
My grandpa always wore aviator shape eyeglasses with his with his cowboy hats. Nudie Cohn always wore these acetate frame glasses and they look fine.
>>16114253
I’ll start one in a little while.
>>16114293
I’m assuming his are the 6X ones, they’re definitely worth it in the $200 range. Any western store around you should have those or the Skyline (same fur grade, should feel the same)
If you aren’t sure about if the styling will work for you or not you can buy the shantung one before you decide.
>>
>>16114253
>>16114285
Here you go
>>16114326
>>
>>
bump
>>
>>16111711
Just ordered it as a birthday present for myself. Got it for les than $190

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.