[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 20200128_194538.jpg (270 KB, 919x626)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
How do you use Instagram for fashion? I keep seeing people say all the "good posters" moved there but I don't understand how that would work. I'm not a zoomer so I'm not obsessed with Instagram and my understanding of it is that you follow your friends and see the dumb shit they post sometimes. How would you even seek out content on there? Hashtags? I thought those were just some shit people put for show.
Genuinely lost here.
>>
>>15364153
not be a retard
try that
>>
>>15364169
Not being a retard is why I don't understand Instagram I need help
>>
>>15364169
>says the instagram user
TOP KEK
>>
>>15364183
actually OP is the instagram user :)
>>
>>15364169
BASED
>>
sneed
>>
>>15364153
but what you want? you want to be an influencer or just follow fashion?
you should just create your account, follow people/brands/whatever that you like, post fits and that's all.
about tags...I would recc them if you want to have a big following..if you don't that, it's kinda useless
>>
>>15364153
top tip: you don't use instragram for fashion

it's absolute dogshit for that purpose unless you're a zoomer trying to check out what other under 14s are wearing

all the good models, companies and lookbooks are on twitter
>>
>>15365351
>top tip: you don't use instagram
ftfy
>>
>>15365091
Just follow fashion. Ok, following brands is easy, but how do I find people to follow?
>>15365351
Where do I find these people on twitter then....
>>
instagram is dead anyways
>>
I wouldn't worry about following these people on IG too much. The majority of the core users are just the guys off r/malefashion + r/streetwear and their friends.

A lot of the people/groups worth following have all moved to Discord (Rick Owens General + Techwear General and a couple of others)

A lot of these guys have a very homogeneous look + are all into the same Slint,Joy Division, Daughters and 100 Gecs circlejerk.

The major groups are for the most part either very insular (discord groups with no easily available invites) or are just very fractured, or just moved on with their lives. Think the groups from here 6-7 years ago, SuFu and Style Zeitgeist.

Instagram is definitely a great way of finding brands and people but the algorithm massively pushes homogeneity. This applies to fashion, music and a whole load of subcultures. (I could write a book on how influential, for better or worse, internet algorithms have been when it comes to shaping all aspects of our lives.)

I would avoid it for the most part and just cultivate your own style and favorites. I think if you just keep lurking around fashion oriented sites and forums you'll be exposed to enough brands and fits where you'll get an idea as to what you like.
>>
>>15364169
Thanks zoomie
>>
>>15366395
>Just follow fashion. Ok, following brands is easy, but how do I find people to follow?

There’re two buttons you need:
Go for “tagged” button on brand’s page so you would find some people (as well as promotional pages etc) you could follow

Once you followed decent amount of them go for “suggested” button, it is basically feed of pages based on your followings and likes.

>my understanding of it is that you follow your friends and see the dumb shit they post sometimes.

You’re completely miss understand it.
Threat an instagram as book/magazine/tv kind of thing.
>>
>>15368283
bro you should make a thread on it or use that energy to make a new sticky bc we absolutely need one
>>
>>15368283
Thank you, this is based. Agreed with >>15369191
>>15368970
Ok that makes sense too, thanks zoomer (unironically)
>>
>>15369191
>>15369470
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I'm not a part of most of these groups to be fair. I think I got kicked out of Rick Discord for being inactive.

I just happen to know where everyone went because I was a massive lurker around 2013/14.

I'm kind of jaded of how all these fashion groups have become closed because it means that people can't just stumble across details about brands and discussion.

It's the same thing with Instagram, it's built in a way where you just cannot discuss in detail about anything and it's just become dressed(.)so 2.0.

I think one of the elders of this place, mabye Sieg or his buddies, would be better off talking about this stuff. He still seems to be active on here, at least during lockdown.

In the end, I think it's way too much effort to join these groups because they expect you to participate to the point where I feel isn't appropriate for the average person.

This place and Reddit are the only places I pretty much visit for at least some sort of place where you can actually discuss about fashion instead of jerking each other's fit pics off.
>>
>>15370467
>>15368283
they probably dress better than /fa/ lol. look at the fags on this board cant even dress
>>
/fa/ discord servers. The people in the 1st discord server dress like shit. So someone needs to bring quality. 2nd has alright fits but some are trash. the third seems like people shitposting.

https://discord.gg/V2AuYHC

https://discord.com/invite/dreAVmM

https://discord.gg/y6uRkGy
>>
>>15370471
third is basically mental illness hugbox
>>
>>15368283
>I wouldn't worry about following these people on IG too much. The majority of the core users are just the guys off r/malefashion + r/streetwear and their friends.
Pretty sure there's a good amount of /fa/ people on instagram. I know a bunch of people from fa discord in 2016 moved to instagram. i barely see em on discord anymore. Also, you forgot the large overlap between reddit and 4chan.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.