[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: EXxnO3XXYAYm4qC.png (39 KB, 500x459)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
How do you get the motivation to push away all distractions and complete your projects?
>>
>>2549504
whiteroom.
adderall.
noise canceling earphones.
water.
>>
Usually is the pain and the hunger that do the trick
>>
Don't count on motivation, build discipline using habituation.
>>
>>2549504
never set goals or projects
just use pure impulsiveness to your advantage
>>
for some people, telling someone you're gonna do a project means you're less likely to actually do it
for me it's the opposite, i'm more likely to finish a project if i tell someone about it
so figure out which person you are and act accordingly
>>
>>2549613
Yeah i dont eat until im done or about to fall over
>>
>>2549504
>>2549504
Start by ridding yourself of useless drama and bullshit. Quit hanging around people that just want attention. Get off social media and stay off. No one gives a shit about your life but you.
Pick projects you can handle and will enjoy and set aside time each day to work on them. It's ok to take a day or two off here and there but keep on it steady until you finish.

Oh, and lots of adderall.
>>
>>2549504
Doing small tasks and chores usually gives me some sort of motivational inertia for a few hours.
>>
>>2549504
keeping the work area clean and organized helps
>>
>>2549804
unironically good advice for stuff you can get done in a day, which can be a shitload when you’re improvising
>>
>>2551556
sounds like a sure way to get a sloppy job done... when your hungry you cant focus on fine detail as well
>>
>>2549535
Are you me?

I got 3 in diapers so I literally cannot focus for shit with them going crying, coughing, yelling etc.
>>
>>2549504
>watching building channels

wake up on a saturday
watch some youtubers do shit
on my way to my workshop to work on pile of shitboxes that need to get fixed and become roadworthy
>>
Cash flow budget.
>>
File: i love mondays.jpg (77 KB, 634x634)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>2549504
slap your bitch self.
turn off your phone and put it somewhere else, turn off the laptop, tv, but not the motivating music. high energy synthwave music really does it for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvPEtS1wmY
also treat it like a job, like, create the mental concept, that it is something external to yourself, that the project is happening with or without you, but it is your responsibility to do what the project requires.
e.g. the mindset is: you don't make a party. the party is happening with or without you, but you can contribute and make it not shit.
I don't know how to describe this mindset better, but when i think like that, remove my own choice from the matter, i get this anxiety, like i have to get it done. but when it's my choice, i'll look at the clock and be like "nah kind of late to get started now, i can put it off"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.