[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: RCSaXFe.jpg (140 KB, 1536x2048)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
I don't know why the instructions dont clearly state to use a fucking socket wrench. Do they expect random normalfags like me to know what a lag bolt is much less what tool to use on it:? Jesus fucking christ. Most people will just attack it with a drill until they almost strip it like i did
>>
>>2471414
you probably tried a hammer first, didn't you? didn't you, you little fucking retard.
:)
>>
If you dont know what to do with a lag bolt by looking at it, im just not sure what to tell you, maybe you should leave this sort of task to someone with greater reasoning skills.
>>
>>2471414
>the instructions
China say mount TV, two lag bolts in sheet rock.
>>
You have golden hands! It's a pity that they grow from the ass
>>
>>2471414
"hey alexa, how do I drive a lag bolt?"
>>
>>2471414
Isn't it obvious to use an impact?
>>
You need to predrill a lag bolt it'll split the 2 x 6
>>
>>2471575
Bold of you to assume there's anything there but drywall, and a void behind it.
>>
>>2471511
if you understand how an impact works, or even know what an impact is, or know they exist. most people just know 'power drill'
>>
>>2471580
Well then it needs to be long enough to catch whatever is on the other side
>>
>>2471414
>Do they expect random normalfags like me to know what a lag bolt is much less what tool to use on it:?
a man would
>>
>>2471603
not really. every man encounters differing circumstances according to his role and there will always be a gap in knowledge
>>
>>2471610
I said a man, not a boy or a male.
>>
>>2471414
>Do they expect random normalfags like me to know what a lag bolt is much less what tool to use on it:?

Yes. It is perfectly reasonable to expect people to read and not object to learning such extremely basic info. I knew what lag bolts are for before my teens and I'm not special.

I am gradually understanding that recent gens cultivate "learned helplessness" where they don't bother learning useful things unless desperate but invest stupid amounts of time on useless nonsense which does not improve their lives.

You can do better so quit being a bitch and spend a few hours (to begin with) reading about hardware.
>>
File: holematch.jpg (55 KB, 1200x1200)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2471414
we all have to start somewhere op
personally you should start with one of these
>>
>>2471610

My 2 year old has a ratchet and socket set with plastic bolts. You truly are a retard
>>
>>2471419
He should have sanded off the threads first and predrilled.
>>
op's example is stupid, but my tv mounting hardware had lag bolts with a phillips head which would be much more understanding for someone to use the wrong tool on
you can't even get 1/3rd of the way in with just a screwdriver
>>
>>2471597
...more drywall?
>>
>>2471575
>split the 2x6 stud behind the drywall
What fucking castle do you live in? Most walls are 2x4 and I'm currently working on a house that uses 2x3
>>
>>2471614
I was going to flame the living fuck out of OP for being a useless whiny bitch but I'll just throw a +1 on this.
Best response.
Grow the fuck up OP.
>>
>>2472079
Any reasonably abled man can drive a lag into wood with a little elbow grease and patience, I've done it before when I was in a pinch without an impact or drill.
Stop being fucking fairies.
I forgot though, None of you are men.
>>
Back in my day we used to hammer in lag screws all day long, but that was when men were men.
>>
I prefer fuck mounting my wife doggy style...
>>
I prefer wife fucking my dog mounty style.
>>
>>2471614
>>2472102

I actually read up on what lag bolts were and a lot of the information was tailored towards building decks and wasnt very technical

Now when you're done jerking yourself off and being antagonistic, please contribute to the thread
>>
File: Fuck-min.png (1.28 MB, 968x727)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>2472105
>>2472079
you will just strip the screw. stop trying to act like a hardass
>>
Lag bolts with Phillips heads are just wood screws.
>>
>>2471414
The only person you should be mad at about this is your father because he failed you.
At least you're kind of learning on your own so not all is lost.
>>
>>2472399
Anon just looking at them you should realize that they use a wrench or power tools that can replace a wrench, and that they are meant for rather heavy duty installations compared to normal framing nails or screws. I'd understand not knowing about how you technically shouldn't take them out and put them back into the hole since they're self tapping/could mess with the previous threading you had in, but that doesn't matter nearly enough to worry about
>>
>>2471414
>Most people will just attack it with a drill until they almost strip it like i did
Thanks OP, made me feel better, when I was first learning shit I spent an hour searching over an entire factory for the basement elevator the guys kept telling me existed. You win here though
>>
>>2471597
That'd just be the other end of the wall anon?
>>
>>2471575
Only if it's like an 8 incher and your putting it into a stud and instead of putting it into a block between a couple of studs?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.