[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 8 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: image-asset.jpg (615 KB, 1440x1634)
615 KB
615 KB JPG
I want to be able to carve and frame the lumber, lay the bricks of the archway, install the piping, install the electric, maybe even at the schematic level, not entirely by myself but at least be capable of lending a hand. Do I really have to be shoehorned into one trade for work for the rest of my life?
>>
Get really good at one or two things, but learn it all. Then go be a GC and recognize what you should sub out and what you shouldn't, and pick up a new skill now and again like pic related.
>>
>>2471031
>Do I really have to be shoehorned into one trade for work for the rest of my life?
No, most trades can be learned "good enough" with a few years of experience in each, but if you actually want to make money someday you'll have to pick at least one thing you can focus on
>>
How do they figure out the right prescription glasses for toddlers?
>>
>>2472990
optometry is white collar
>>
>>2473338
>>2472990
I didn't get glasses until I was 16, only because I failed the vision portion of my drivers test. Blows my mind that kids had glasses before me
>>
>>2472990
>How do they figure out the right prescription glasses for toddlers?
Autorefractors. The whole "number 1 or number 2" is just to confirm the numbers the autorefractor spits out.
>>
>>2471031
Work at one or no trades then study and practice, but make fucking sure your job has benefits because satisfaction doesn't buy tools and equipment and land and hookers.

Many tradies help each other so if your skill is valued (electrics and anything using math is a nice filter) you can trade favors.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.