[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: s-l1600.jpg (438 KB, 1600x1200)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
Should I put 9" wheels on a 8600rpm grinder?
>>
Yeah sure, go ahead
>>
File: urhands.jpg (9 KB, 380x380)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2441968
God gave you a spare hand for a reason
>>
>>2441968
that's probably the minimum size that will safely run at that speed, i'd go for larger wheel if possible
>>
>>2441968
Hook four angle grinders to a generator on a frame and ride into the sunset.
>>
>>2441968
No.
But also, if you have to ask this question, yes.
>>
>>2441968
>hey /diy/ serious question here should I do something that's obviously very dangerous hurr durr
A perfectly useful thread died for your shitpost OP.
>>
Only if you buy a new 10 dollar grinder from harbor freight and do it on that
>>
>>2441968
Only if you're going to post a link here and livestream your injuries
>>
kek what a bunch of cunts
>>
>>2441968
Idk how much this relates to grinder wheels, but the outer edge will be moving about 1/3 the speed of sound at max RPM. That doesn't *sound* safe, but I'm not sure what these wheels are designed to take.
>>
ive done it
fired it up and it almost torqued out of my hand
cut it off and dropped it on the ground as to shatter the blade to keep my dumb fuck freind from using it because he insisted it would be safe and hes missing 3 teeth and a toenail because of his retardation.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.