[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 20220802.jpg (93 KB, 726x968)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
I like to pee in jugs. What can I do with it? In the old times I heard you could diy out of pee. Why is pee get cloudy so fast - when I start a new jug it is very clear and nice.
>>
>>2440257
>What can I do with it?
https://www.survival-manual.com/saltpeter.php
>>
>>2440257
I use it to water my plants in my unproductive areas
>>
>>2440300
Make sure to dilute with water 10x for plants and 20x for seeds
>>
>>2440303
Haven't had a problem yet. But I don't do it every day. It's more fertilizer than water. The rain takes care of that.
>>
>>2440257
Frig off Ray
>>
>>2440257
>What can I do with it?
Huck it through a drive thru window.
>>
>be me
>sophomore in college
>get idea to piss in milk jug
>make all visitors to apartment help me fill it. Roommates get on board.
>everyone happily obliges (dudes)
>fill gallon pretty quickly
>whatnow.jpg
>call local newspapers - city and college
>ask advertising section if I can run a classified ad selling “1 gallon fresh urine”
>girl on phone asks editor and then pretty much hangs up on me
>oh well
>debate with roommates what to do with it
>no one knows
>decide to just leave it on porch
>Texas heat during summer
>stays on porch for over a month
>word spreads and entire apartment complex knows about it
>one day notice that it’s leaking through the bottom with a small trickle
>the urine is dissolving the plastic
>decide something must be done soon
>drop it off of our 3rd floor balcony
>jug explodes and urine splashes in the grass in about a 10 foot radius
>underwhelming
>about to go back inside
>see downstairs neighbor talking to her boyfriend in the parking lot 30 feet from where we dropped it
>about to yell “hey we dropped that jug of urine just now”
>before I can get the words out a look of death appears in her boyfriend’s face
>immediately rolls up window without even saying bye to his girlfriend
>drives off
>at that exact moment the girl spins around and sprints into her apartment running no less than 5 feet from where we dropped the jug
>smell has now wafted upwards to where we were standing
>HOLY FUCKING SHIT I HAVE NEVER SMELLED ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE
>about to turn around and run inside
>notice my good friend at the building that’s about 50 yards away from our apartment
>checking oil in his truck
>wind takes smell towards him
>suddenly yanks his head out from under his hood
>has grimace in his face like he has seen death
>immediately sprints into his apartment leaving his hood up
>I laugh so hard I cry
>neighbors talk about the story of the piss jug for days
>One of my favorite memories from college
>>
>>2440261
>https://www.survival-manual.com/saltpeter.php
this is good but holy shit that is a lot of work

>>2440300
>>2440306
i can dig garden fertilizer but doesn't dog pee kill things?

>>2440357
thank you for the chuckle anon. i don't share my piss jugs - people think it's degenerate or something.
>>
>>2440357
This is honestly worth a screen cap. good lord.
>>
have over 200 from the past 2 and a half years. some are just dark black i wonder how rank they'd smell
>>
>>2440375
It’s 100% true. Some of the contributors to the jug are now orthodontists (2 oddly enough), a neurosurgeon, and a NYC investment banker. It was a wild year.
>>
Back when I was younger and arguably mentally ill I peed in all kinds of things. Even open top mason jars. This was obviously terrible and I'm sure my room smelled like piss but at the time it seemed okay.

Some of the jugs I pissed into are still around. I dug a 7-ft deep hole in the back yard. About twenty jugs are there. Then there are about ten more pushed behind some drywall (Mott's apple juice). Really hoping those jugs last 30-40 years. It'd be really embarrassing if they started leaking or if someone inadvertently drilled through one of them. I would take them out but the home is no longer in the family.
>>
>>2440384
I also threw lots of these away in the garbage truck. I have thrown hundreds of gallons of pee jugs away that way.
>>
>>2440357
Wonderful story Anon. Good laugh
>>
Throw in a handful of soil and sell it on Marketplace as worm juice
>>
If I remember correctly the guy who invented ammonia liked to watch little boys pee in buckets and then he figured out he could bleach clothes with it. It’s been a while since I heard that story so I could have a few details wrong. Im going to google it after I post this.
>>
Urine is amazing nitrogen fertilizwer and we just flush it away
Also the science behind urine breakdown is pretty wild
Maybe a chemist here can explain all the crazy chain reactions that happen over months and years
It gets gross
Also never mix poop and peeps when you are camping
>>
goddamn you people are fucking gross. I use a piss jug but when its full I flush it. cause flushing a toilet every time I unload a few ounces of piss is a waste of water to flush and waste a few gallons each time. just empty jug in toilet and it will basically flush itself down since it will fill the bowl enough to cause this action, then just do a normal flush to clean it out and refill the bowl. one flush to dispose of a gallon of piss. great water savings and im not storing the piss like some degenerate psycho fucktard

I mean seriously, wasting 2 gallons of water for maybe 4-6 ounces of piss. do this like 30 times and thats 60 gallons of water. empty ONE big pissjug into toilet (I use an empty detergent bottle cause they are huge) thats like 196 ounces to fill. pour into bowl, bowl fills up and it goes down like if you flushed. do a flush afterwards to wash out leftover piss and refill bowl. 2 gallons of water compared to 60.

math doesnt lie
>>
>>2441005
>not saving the piss jugs to flush big poos
do u even know how to minmax bodily waste?
>>
File: c8e.jpg (57 KB, 380x613)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
You could make saltpeter (potassium nitrate) and make some blackpowder. You just have to pour piss on a compost for half a year and then let it rest for another 6 months. I started this process this last month just but of curiosity. I remeber the old Cody's lab videos on the topic. It propelled his channel in 2015, he got 2 milion views on his gunpowder from urine video, but youtube removed it.
You could also try to extract the urea from it and make urea nitrate
It s similar in power to amonoum nitrate.
Nile red has a few vids on making urea and other stuff from piss
https://youtu.be/sfldS5hqWYA
>>
>>2440257
Some nutcase alchemist thought he could refine gold from his piss because of the golden colour. He filled up jars of piss, letting them ferment in a dark room for months before boiling it down into a syrup. He found that in this state it was reactive and would explode in his flasks, what he actually discovered was phosphorus.
>>
>>2441099

I try to take shits at work. not my water bill and I get paid for it.
>>
>>2441367
yeah i read the other anons article - this is to much work i'll compost it but i'm to autistic for this. one other thing i found it to make good dye from indigo leaves - that is less intense. i just need to grow some indigo plant.
>>
>>2440997
Why i do not mix pee and poo
>>
>>2441668
It makes cool cristals. I made a bunch of them by accident and I don't know what to do with them all. Real bummer.
>>
>>2441005
I flush toilet maybe 8 times a day and my water bill is $4/month
>>
>>2440357
>be me
put me in the leddit screenshot too pls
>>
>>2441928
I didn’t post it for leddit. I posted it for you.
>>
>>2440257
What can I do with it?

Dye it blue and sell it for 4 bucks a gallon
>>
>>2440357
why would old piss and plastic smell like death? i dont get it
>>
>>2440257
I like to have a bottle with me while driving in case someone cuts me off and I need to throw it at them.
>>
>>2440303
just pour the piss after/before a rainpour
dogs piss up trees for a reason. (dogs/wolves who pee up trees create a more successful habitat, and is thus able to outbreed the grass-pissers)
>>
>>2441785
>I flush toilet maybe 8 times a day and my water bill is $4/month

nice LARPing faggot
>>
>>2440384
> buy house
> oh this looks like a great spot to hang a picture
> grab my hammer and nail
> thunk thunk thunk pssssssssssssss
> piss starts spraying out of a hole in the wall

first instinct would probably be to think my house was haunted
>>
>>2442312
It's because it was from multiple people. It's why you can "let it mellow" in your own home but when you go to a public restroom and people don't flush it smells like a hobo circus. Chemical reactions I guess, don't care about the actual science going on, observation only.
>>
>>2441668
Because it gets amazingly gross. Urine needs to return to the soil as fast as possible before it starts to break down.
When you mix in poo you just make the most disgusting mess that gets worse with time and not better
>>
>>2440997
piss gets smelly because bacteria uses enzymes and shit to break down urea and other nitrogen containing molecules into ammonia gas which smells.
i have smelled pure ammonia gas before, and i will tell you that it fucking smells worse than stale urine. good thing the fumehood was on.
if you want to use urine as fertilizer, use it fresh so all the nitrogen doesn't escape into the air in the form of smelly ammonia. ammonia=nitrogen fertilizer lost to the air.
or just add a mineral acid so it won't escape but i won't tell you how because you might end up winning a darwin award.
>>
>>2442509
People should know that you can over fertilize a plant with urine. My buddies and I peed off of their back porch for two years in college onto a huge bush that was there. It was probably 4 feet tall and 5 feet across and by the time he moved out it was dead. We watched it slowly wither away iver the course of that time period and once we realized what was happening then killing it became a challenge. We succeeded.
>>
Nilered turned his urine into a sweetener.
>>
>>2442312
Because he is just being elaborate
Piss doesnt dissolve plastic, and when it gets real old it just gets chunky and sediment forms.
It smells bad, similar to a urinal at a public restroom.
But its not like its really THAT bad
>>
>>2442312
>>2442864
I used to be a hardcore alcoholic like 10 years ago. I used to piss in bottles so I wouldn't have to stumble to the bathroom. I would open them up weeks later after sitting next to the couch and dump them into the toilet before throwing them out or reusing them because I didn't want there to be any chance someone found them. It was a nostril burning smell, like sulfur, ammonia rot. It could suck the air out of your lungs.
>>
>>2442312
It smelled like I was standing in the middle of a sewage plant. I had never smelled anything like that before nor have I since. It was putrid. Remember, this jug had been pissed in by a dozen guys and it was fermenting in the porch in 100 degree heat for over a month. The smell was so bad it made multiple people stop what they were doing and immediately run away from it. I asked my buddy later that day what he thought was happening and he said “I didn’t know. I just knew I wanted to get away from it.”
>>
>>2442864
It dissolved the plastic. It sat on the porch just fine for a month with nobody touching it. And then all of a sudden it sprang a small leak at the bottom. I witnessed it.
>>
>>2442921
Piss doesnt dissolve plastic
>>
>>2442921
Sunlight breaks down plastic you dumbass.
>>
>>2442926
>>2442958
Ok so it was the sunlight. All I know is that the jug started leaking.
>>
>>2440257
find a way to extract the elements from it.
i think you can get potassium nitrate, ammonia, and phosphorus from it.
do look up how to safely handle phosphorus, you don't want an accidental fire or phossy jaw
>>
>>2443072
>phossy jaw

HFS what a terrible thing to have. I had no idea that was a thing.
>>
>>2441005
why don't you cut out the jug completely and piss in the sink?
if you're going to wash your hands anyway, it's the same as flushing but with less water
>>
>>2443096

wait. I need to wash my hands too? just wipe them on my shirt and go about my day. why waste time and water for that? hands gonna get dirty thru the day anyways
>>
>>2440338
way of the road,
fuckin way she goes.
>>
>>2440384
this is why humans are losing trust in each other
>>
>>2443096
>based sink pisser
Sinks are easier and faster to clean, the piss falls only a couple of inches instead of a couple feet, so zero splashing. I wash my small porcelain sink as i wash my hands, after pissing. Much cleaner bathroom this way. Its like a mini horizontal urinal!
>>
>>2443343
>hands gonna get dirty thru the day anyways
fair point, you should probably wash em BEFORE you handle your cock.
also
>i'm going to perform surgery with this knife and fork from the cafeteria.
>what?!? i cleaned them with my napkin
>>
>>2443352
it's just right thinking there.
it makes perfect sense
>>
>>2440261
>can be used in curing meats
Trying to get me to eat my own piss? Fuck off
>>
>>2443525
if it weirds you out, use someone else's piss
>>
>>2443525
According to history you’re the weird one.

https://www.grunge.com/272586/the-bizarre-way-urine-was-used-by-the-ancient-romans/
>>
>>2440341
kek
>>
>>2443096
the modern bathroom is a hundred years old. we could really go for a redesign.

squatty potties and urinals are half-assed workarounds to a complete ideal system that doesn't yet exist
>>
>>2442926
It appears to. I use HDPE water jugs as piss jugs. They never see sunlight or UV light of any kind, yet somewhere between 6 months and a year they have a tendency to spring a leak. For control purposes I reuse a different set of HDPE water jugs of the same vintage (they are date stamped) to store water and I have never had one leak. I think there are all kinds of crazy chemical reactions going on when urine decomposes. Several old jugs, when emptied have turned into a viscous jelly; most eventually become encrusted in crystals. It's very interesting. I am currently looking into options for the ultimate piss jugs. I believe those really thick HDPE 5gal jerry cans would be ideal. I bet they're at least 3 times thicker than water jugs and they would last 3-5 years.
>>
>>2443633
Also, I like the jerry can piss jug idea because I think I could very inconspicuously load them up into my truck, drive to the woods or something and just dump them out instead of reeking up the bathroom when I get around to it. Can anyone see how this wouldn't be the ideal piss jug scenario?
>>
Make AdBlue out of it.
>>
>>2441478
And then we used it to bomb Germany.
>>
>>2443640
does pissing straight in there really work? could tackle two birds with one stone
>>
>>2443585
cut out the toilet completely?
i'm thinking stainless sinks with garbage disposals, or a disposal in the tub/shower drain
>>
>>2443674
probably get some sort of mineral build up that would foul the system
>>
I peer in a cup last year and forgot about it for a few weeks. When I washed the plastic cub out there were a bunch of orange crystals that had formed on the inside of the cup.
>>
>>2444844
did you grind them up and snort them?
>>
>>2444857
lol non silly billy
why are boys so gross?
>>
>>2445086
you should have done it
how else will you open the doorways to you mind?
>>
File: where do you.gif (487 KB, 500x281)
487 KB
487 KB GIF
>>2445086
>>2445237
also
>>
>>2440257
>Why is pee get cloudy so fast
Likely 'amorphous urates' or 'amorphous phosphates.' Could also be proliferating bacteria. Comprehensive page: https://labpedia.net/urine-changes-when-urine-left-at-room-temperature-and-preservatives/
T. Once upon a lab tech
>>
What can you do with cum if you can do all this stuff with piss
>>
>>2445263
Make babies. Or fetus coladas.
>>
>>2445270
start an abortion clinic/soup kitchen
>>
>>2445277
Oooh, your proposal is modest. We need a motto. How about, 'Your body, my choice?' Or 'Come when you're full (term), stay because dinner's served'... hmm, need to sleep on it. One of these states are going to pass after birth abortions soon. How delish.
>>
>>2445288
blessed dubs checked
how about "first cum, first served"?
that may be from a Mel Brooks movie though
>>
>read this thread
>pee in watering can
>add water
>water tomatoes
Feels good man
>>
>>2440257
If youre not a farmer then not much

You could make shitty gun powder
You could make Chinese eggs with it but the recipe calls for an 8 year old boys urine
You could do something like tan leather of make wool or something I don't remember, they did it in the middle ages in a giant vat and basically danced in it barefoot.
>>
>>2440303
I don't dilute that much. Typically I dump one 4 l bottle straight into the soil around my plants, and when it sinks in, I pour another 5 l water on top of that. This way there is no smell.
My roses are flowering like I have never seen before, all the way into December.
>>
>>2441668
Make some sweet Jenkem
>>
>>2440357
fucking kek
>>
>>2444844
>crystals
Struvite, most likely.
>>
>>2446129
They didn’t taste like struvite.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.