[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Their website is as slow and unresponsive as their actual customer service. How does this business even stay running? I once stood by for an entire hour while they searched the entire store for my online order.
>>
>>2436469
At least they have a slightly different set of inventory than Home Depot. I can usually find what I'm looking for between one these 2 stores
>>
>>2436469
ive had similar problems with HD. where they really pissed me off was their absolutely retarded remodeling service policies.

went to get an estimate on flooring with them. they charged me $100 to have someone come out and take measurements. it goes towards the cost of the project so i thought whatever.

dude comes in to measure, walks around my place with a tablet running some software, is done within literally 3 minutes, walks out.

i get a call back from lowes with the estimated cost. their sqft measurements were way off - like off by over 500sqft. i tell them that isnt right and ask to see the measurements so i can compare. they wont share them. escalate all the way to management - they wont send them and wont give me my money back.

so i payed $100 for incorrect measurements that they were never going to give me and might not exist, and refused to refund me on services that they cannot prove they delivered.

have never given a dime to lowes since. fuck em. not even Home Despot would have done that.
>>
>>2436495
yep
down here they build them next door to each other. easy to check both
>>
>>2436469
I usually go there instead of HD for work because its less crowded, I know exactly what I need so I don't talk to anyone, and I can get in and out super fast. Worth the risk of being unable to check inventory online, the clueless employees, and charging slightly above depot prices.
>>
>>2436469
they call you when they have it stupid...
t- used to work there
>>
>>2436519
Yeah they called and they had it, but they couldnt find it you sniveling faggot. Now go back to drinking s(o)y based drinks and pc gaming.
>SOS
>Thpetial Ordor Thsythem
>>
>>2436469
Their website doesn't tell you the aisle and bay of a product like HD's does, so fuck Lowes.
>>
File: aisle and bay.jpg (154 KB, 1521x813)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>2436548
The lowes website has done this for many years.... pic related
>>
>>2436548
I hate lowes with a burning passion, but you are still retarded
Pic related.
>>
>>2436502

wait.. in the beginning you said you had a problem with HD
>ive had similar problems with HD. where they really pissed me off was their absolutely retarded remodeling service policies.

then at then you said it was lowes
>have never given a dime to lowes since. fuck em. not even Home Despot would have done that.

so which is it... lowes or home depot that fucked up? if you gonna make up shit at least get your lies straight
>>
>>2436548
>Their website doesn't tell you the aisle and bay of a product like HD's does, so fuck Lowes.

no fuck you for being a retard. you know if you want to know where shit is you have to selct a "home store" when shopping on the website. you need to select a location cause each location has shit in different places. can you be any more fucking retarded? goddamn son
>>
File: menards.png (2.23 MB, 1767x927)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
home depot?

lowes?

never heard of em
>>
>>2436502
That's what you get for supporting globalhomo instead of a local flooring shop that would have given you a free estimate
>>
>>2436747
It's Menards or a dedicated supply store, simple as. All the others are only for small items and the convenience of location.
>>
>>2436599
Literally learn to read.
>>
I’m a lowes MVP. I have spent 35k there this year and all of a sudden the other day my account dropped to showing I only spent 18k. I went from a platinum mvp to a gold mvp. It makes me angry.
>>
>>2436747
Amen anon. Menards always has enough staff around to answer questions, they're always friendly, and IMO they carry a better selection of product than other box stores (especially in plumbing fittings).
>>
>>2436599
my bad i was responding to a post about HD and didnt break up my thoughts, i was talking about lowes. its not a lie idk what id have to gain from lying.

>>2436752
youre right i did end up going local and they were great. one dude was def strung out on dope but damn could he lay planks.
>>
>>2436554
>>2436555
>>2436600
It didn't have it when I went to the site, so fuck you.
>>
>>2436980
when did you go to the site? 1999?
>>
>>2436980
And now we know why picrel is out of stock. Good thing their website tells you that too.
>>
>be me
>need new breaker panel
>can’t find the specific one I need
>ask employee
>”it says we are discontinuing that so we won’t be getting anymore
>are you fucking kidding me?
>pull out my lowes ap
>find it online
>order it to store
>arrives 7 days later

Fuck you, wagie.
>>
>>2436469
f
>>
>>2436469
I went to Lowe's two weeks ago to buy a set of crow's feet. After some searching, I walked up to the gaggle of three black employees that were hooting and hollering in the tool section to ask them if they knew where the crow's feet were. They had no idea what the fuck I was talking about. I left, drove 30 minutes to the nearby town that's 90% white, and found what I needed at the Home Depot there in about 2 minutes.
>>
File: 1561777113372.jpg (17 KB, 480x480)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>2436980
>It didn't have it when I went to the site
It did, you're just too stupid to use it.
>>
>>2436987
I wish this shit was in stock so I could make some dehumidifier trays
>>
>>2436469
Lowe's is the Eternal "They didn't have it at HD" store
>>
>>2436469
>How does this business even stay running?
Too big to fail just like Home Depot
They suck dick because they dont HAVE to provide a good service. They have already smashed the competition

Sucks.
>>
>>2437218
they haven't smashed shit. Local lumber yards have better prices on most things, plus wider selections of trim and lumber, the one thing the cheapo has for cheap are doors.
>>
>>2437222
Lowes is not strictly a lumber yard.
The fact that local lumber yards are few and far between, and local hardware stores are almost nonexistant is evident of what local businesses they "smashed"
And you are wrong, local lumber yards are not cheaper.
Not only is Lowes cheaper because of Economy of Scale, they also give contractor discounts buying in bulk which a local place cannot physically do. Credit lines with perks, all sorts of things that your local business owner cant do.

The local business owner just becomes a Lowes franchisee.
>>
>>2436469
can't access their site from germany, had to use vpn. I'm not buying from them, just wanna look what some people link to thwir site to find similiar products
>>
>>2437244
>local lumber yards are not cheaper.
They actually are for a lot of stuff that isn't loss leader priced at the box store. The box store model relies on those to get you in and then selectively overcharging for other things that you go ahead and pay for just to avoid a trip elsewhere.
Dimensional lumber pricing at the box store is often wildly illogical, a 1×3 might cost more than the same length 1×6 and longer lengths of 2× might cost less than shorter lengths...or cheaper grade lumber might be better than what they label "premium".
That's a big part of why unlike a lumber yard they sell by the piece and not a board foot price and don't use typical grading standards.
>>
>>2437244
>Lowes is not strictly a lumber yard.
lumber yards are not strictly lumber yards, they sell tools, paint, consumables and can special order just about anything you need
>The fact that local lumber yards are few and far between
I have two different companies with multiple branches within 20 minutes of me
>And you are wrong, local lumber yards are not cheaper.
the price of poplar was more then a dollar less per foot than the cheapo. 20% savings and the guys would load it for you.
>they also give contractor discounts....
My dad's a contractor and gets discounts.... even from fucking no name places

big box stores are convenient and familiar. you go in like its a supermarket and pick whatever little dumb shit you need and go on your merry way as opposed to actually dealing with staff and getting a ticket and checking out an your way out the door. scary
>>
>>2436502
they have to order extra to account for scrap
>>
>>2437244
>And you are wrong, local lumber yards are not cheaper.
You're incorrect for most common types of framing lumber and common building materials like plywood, roofing metal, etc. At least in my experience with local suppliers.
There are certain categories of product where Lowes/HD are the cheapest supplier in town, but it's often cheaper to go to a janitorial supplier, landscaping supply, lumber yard, masonry supply etc etc instead of buying at Lowes.

Lowes is often the cheapest place to buy an 8 foot 2x4 though, I assume that they may even be selling them at a loss in order to get people in the door.
>>
>>2436469
I will never forgive these faggots for making Sherwin run out of paint.
>Wha-, but how?
Apparently, after buying them out, Sherwin has to supply these retards with their paint, using up precious time and resources that could be better used to make actual paint that fucking works.
>>
>>2436502
>so i payed $100 for incorrect measurements that they were never going to give me and might not exist, and refused to refund me on services that they cannot prove they delivered.
that's a chargeback on the card, bro. call the bank.
>>
>>2436980
please stay away from power tools and combustible liquids.
>>
I like the Ideal electrical tools they carry and their prices and clearance bargains can be pretty good, but the website sucks ass.
>>
>>2436502
>not even Home Despot would have done that.

They use the same installers retard.
>>
One of the worst things about Lowes is their blatant policy of using bait-and-switch advertising and covering their asses by calling it "correcting errors, inaccuracies and omissions"-

"Our local stores do not honor online pricing."
IOW we want you to use the app in store, but we might charge you more than the guide we tell you to use might say the price is.

"Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Lowe's reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions ***including after an order has been submitted.***"

That's even beyond bait-and-switch, it's just fraud.
>>
>>2437978
Not sure where you're getting that but I had to sell pallets of laminate because some momo in North Carolina set the price to 3$ a box instead of square foot. Repeatedly.

What I have had to do is correct people who want the pricing of product in fucking Idaho while shopping in New York.

>"B-but it says this online!"
>"Ok, but that's the Fugawe Reservation store in Nunavut. Type in a zip code not built on permafrost."
>>
>>2437995
You are just pulling a goddamn bait and switch, I saw the price online and I want that fucking price!
>>
>>2438032
Not my fault you can't figure out phones, boomer
>>
>>2436752
The irony is that the guys HD and Lowes hires are the same "local" crew, except it's the bottom of the barrel subdivision level workers. You'd get a better price just calling the lowest google rated flooring guy in your area with similar results.
>>
>>2437995
>Not sure where you're getting that

Funny you mention that, I found it coming up when doing a search related to Lowe's.
If you search the part in quotes it comes up on a number of Lowe's pages in the search results *but* if you go to those links it doesn't appear anywhere where you'd expect a disclaimer to appear ie where people can see it and not buried under more links.
Individual store managers *might* allow something to go for the price on the app just to avoid a big scene, but the store where I live doesn't - even when you show the the page on your phone where it's on that store location, tells you what aisle/bay its in, how many they have (allegedly) and the price.
When it rings up higher and you show them all that they just say, "oh, that's the online price" and won't budge.
I also know from experience that they will take orders for things like lawnmowers that are shown as a available on the app but are discontinued, take your money and then it's on backorder until you cancel the order. In the meantime nobody including at the corporate level will confirm whether the item has been discontinued or not, but they will repeatedly offer to sell you a more expensive one "if you really need one right now"...as if expecting an order to be filled- or justctrackable- after six months of waiting is rushing them.
I finally went direct to the manufacturer to see if they still sold that unit through Lowe's anymore because owes wouldn't say...they were hesitant to discuss it but sure enough after pointing out that advertising products you know you don't carry is bait and switch and Lowe's was doing it with their products, within a couple of weeks that mower model finally disappeared from their website.
>>
>>2438059
This. Lowes doesn't do shit to vet the contractors who they send out.
It's basically just a referral program. Lowe's adds 30% markup to the regular price the contractors charge and then send the fucktards out.
You'll find out just how helpful lowes corporate is after the contractors fuck something up.

All that happens is you get service from bottom of the barrel providers at a 30+% markup compared to just calling them directly

There are things these big box stores are good for. Occasional decent sales, picking up odd supplies after regular business hours or on weekends, etc etc. They once delivered an entire truckload of lumber and supplies from someone elses order to my house and told me to "just keep it" lol.
But don't hire contractors through them.
>>
>>2438099
>You'll find out just how helpful lowes corporate is after the contractors fuck something up.

Kek. We just send more drooling contractors until you stop complaining. Big reason why Lowes discontinued their interior project sales is because said contractors were destroying peoples' homes and we were on the hook. Down in Florida one of our contractors left a pipe open in a summer home and no one knew until a month later.

I doubt Depot is any better since we basically swap management every other year and use the same installers.

>>2438087
> take your money and then it's on backorder

It's a penny hold on your account until the order has been listed as fulfilled. But yeah, the amount of unicorn shit on the website that nobody can actually supply was baffling. Marvin bought two other boutique suppliers (I forget the company names right now) that specialized in weird unique shit. However, upon purchase, Marvin gutted the companies, uploaded their inventories to the website and wondered why we couldn't actually get the shit outside of a year long wait.
>>
>>2436747
no menards around here, wish there was

>>2437163
first mistake was asking the blacks where things are doesn't matter if its HD or Lowes
>>
>>2436469
110% FUCK lowes

>Go to (((Lowe's))) for thing
>Upsold me on useless gimmick
>Didn't work
>Buy what I originally went for
>It just werks
>Take gimmick back
>Talks down to me
>Refuse the return
>Tell me to call gimmick company and ask them for a refund

>Call Lowe's number
>Shaniqua answers
>Won't do shit
>Won't get a manager
>>
>>2438105
>It's a penny hold on your account until the order has been listed as fulfilled.
Bullshit, they've charged my account the full amount every time I've ever bought anything that wasnt in stock and had to be ordered.
They also ding your bank account in full for any extended warranty you buy at the time of sale
>>
>>2436469
>How does this business even stay running? >I once stood by for an entire hour instead of going somewhere else
Good sheep.
>>
>>2438988
This may be because of differences with how your bank handles things. I've got one account where a hold appears as a "hold" in my account and doesn't actually take any money out of the account until it is processed, but then I have a different account with a different company where they simply remove all the funds from your account immediately when a hold is sent from the merchant.
>>
>>2438988
Why the fuck do you keep ordering from lowes?
>>
>>2439375
I don"t "keep ordering" from them, hostile and iogical fool.
>>
Half of the items on their website say "Available nearby" at a store 300 miles away. My local Lowes doesn't carry jack shit.
>>
I have a Lowes and a Home Depot side by side. Home Depots wood is always better and their Garden Center is well cared for with a large selection of plants. Lowes wood is almost always gnarly and the garden center is full of dead or barely living plants.

The only thing that Lowes has going for it is the super convenient parking in the Pro area.
>>
>>2436469
Use the phone app. I have bought stuff that the website said was sold out using the phone app.
>>
I have not had a problem with either store and Lowes, frankly, has accepted all my returns, even a microwave i fucked up installing
>>
>>2437152
Lol, do it yourself in the first place then retard
>>
>>2436469
Lowe's website is one of the worst.
I have had nothing but good customer service there, so much that I go to BE for toolboxes.only.
>>
>>2436469
Fuck Lowe's
Bunch of Jews play commie Chinese announcements in Pooh bear accents and put Chinese and Russian signs everywhere
>>
>>2436502
They probably charge for the install due to all the people that probably have someone come out and never go through with the purchase.
>>
>>2437313
>I assume that they may even be selling them at a loss in order to get people in the door.
I would be very curious what the loss leaders at these types of stores are.
>>
>>2437313
>Lowes is often the cheapest place to buy an 8 foot 2x4 though, I assume that they may even be selling them at a loss in order to get people in the door.

No, while we don't mark up lumber a lot. We still make about 20% margin on studs.
>>
File: 1659547095427869.jpg (65 KB, 1121x741)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2442238
Appliances on sale will dip into negative margins (specifically GE, Whirpool and Fridgidaire). However, it's worth it because the hookups are marked up a crazy amount and the extended warranties are 100% margin. Not to mention appliances push a ton of credit cards. Lowes and HD also lose money on deliveries. They charge you 20-70$ but the third party company charges them 70-150$. It's retarded.

Nothing else I know of goes into negative margin, but mulch and some grills hover around even.
>>
>>2442501
I don't even buy appliances from BLMDepot or Blowes anymore. Best Goy has really expanded into appliances in the last 10 years and virtually always has the best prices. For example right now their house brand nothing fancy full size top freezer/bottom refrigerator is $469.99. It even has free delivery and install (though nothing to install just fucking plug it in). Cheapest from Blowes/BLMD/Menards is almost $600.

There's no possible way they make money on this deal I assume their hope is to scam people on warranties and store card interest since the average American is so pathetic they don't even have a spare $500 in case of an essential appliance failure.
>>
>>2442540
I just checked because our most popular fridge (18.1cu Fridgedaire) we would sell for around 400-500. We had to keep shipping containers full of the fucking things. They're now a different model for some reason for 600-700$.

>free install
kek

>>2442540
>There's no possible way they make money on this deal I assume their hope is to scam people on warranties and store card interest since the average American is so pathetic they don't even have a spare $500 in case of an essential appliance failure.

That's exactly what we were told to push. Appliance specialists weren't judged on volume sales, but by credit apps and Protection Plans. We had one guy who was selling over 1 million a month in appliances (top ten total sales in the country). The day after the Regional VP shook his hand he got a performance write up because his EPP per sale was sub 5% and he didn't have dick all for credit apps.
>>
>>2436502

Thats what you get for being an incompetent moron who prob doesn't even own a tape measure to check their numbers.
>>
>>2436747

Was that some chain store that went bust in the late 90's?
>>
>>2436502
Local flooring company always beats HD & Lowes. I really don't know why any one would go to HD or Lowes unless they are doing a DIY.
>>
File: lg_pik_91817_frajni.jpg (248 KB, 1920x768)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>2442540
>Not owning a Subzero
>Not owning a Wolf

>Being this much of a poorfag

Lol....
>>
>>2437152
he was right you fucking boomer mong, he didn't say you couldn't order it. half of the issues you fucking morons have with lowe's or HD are purely the result of your own retardation.
>>
>>2436469
I just bought 20 16ft 2x4s pressure treated for $53 at Lowe's. Where the prices are low low lowes. It was a cull pack of warped/defective wood normally 420 bucks, the manager and working staff heartfully pulled it off the racks at 4:00 in the morning and set it aside so customers could get 87.5% off. I am that nigga

Fuck you

PS my brother works there
>>
>>2436747
haven't set foot in one since they went super retadation over the covid hysteria. they did mask mandates before it was even popular, vaccine mandates as soon as they were released, and went so far as to ban children under 18 (!) from their stores. fuck menards, retarded boomer shithole.
>>
>>2443270
i compared lowes, home depot, and two local stores when i needed flooring. the lowes was off the charts expensive, like twice the price of anyone else for the same product. Flooring stores came in at the middle, and home depot was significantly cheaper. it was for a rental i was rehabbing so i hired home depot and they sent some smelly mexicans that didnt speak one word of english and did a mediocre job. next time i'll probably do the local flooring store.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.