[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is there a way to fix swole "wood" laminate floor into shape again after being in contact with water? Mine looks like that but less, still its very annoying. Cant replace the pieces bc cant find the exact same, and its like just 3 pieces with the problem.

Since its cardboard like material i thought of taking the pieces out, pressing them down with carpenter presses and leave them to dry, will this do anything?
>>
>>2413382
Rip it all out and replace with waterporoof engineered flooring, else you will be doing this repair again next time you spill a beer / drunkenly piss on the floor / have crazed sex parties in that room
>>
>>2413382
>Since its cardboard like material i thought of taking the pieces out, pressing them down with carpenter presses and leave them to dry, will this do anything?

Best thing is to either leave it alone, or replace it all like the other fag said. Because you cant find the exact same stuff, if you try and fix it, but fuck it up, you are left with a fucked up floor.

Theres several potential problems with trying to remove pieces to fix them. The panels are usually interlocking, so you might have to pry them up at the nearest wall, and take pieces out until you reach the ones you want to fix. Sometimes taking the pieces apart brakes panels, or breaks the pieces that let them interlock. That might leave you with cracked pieces, or pieces that dont sit flat anymore and wont lock in place down flat. There should be a layer of floor foam underneath the panels, but if the installer/homeowner was a total cocksucker they might have glued the panels right to the floor/plywood underneath.

Ive ripped this kind of flooring out before, and replaced it with "vinyl laminate" flooring. It costs more, but the pieces are basically solid plastic and waterproof.
>>
>>2413382
Short answer
No, it's fucked.
T. Water damage inspector
>>
>>2413385
>>2413394
already took the pieces out, dried the floor below so they stop soaking in water, and put them back. will try the carpenter shit. this floor aint even mine, i want the cheapest, good enough solution.
>>
>>2413382
Put a rug over it
>>
Poor buckets of water across the entire floor. Let water sit for a few days. Dry. The floor should look even now. Call the floor “vintage vinyl”. Profit
>>
>>2413382
Iron it. Don't fill it with water if it is a steamy one.
>>
>>2413825
Clamping and mild heat might help, then replace.
>>
>>2413408
>this floor aint even mine
Do you rent? If so, don't even touch it.
>>
two words op - area rug
>>
>>2413382
If you find a way you'd be rich, because everybody is trying to fix a fucked up floor instead of replacing it entirely.
>>
>>2413382
Nope. Once that kind of flooring has swollen up there's nothing you can do to fix it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.