[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone used these before? What thread size is this? The Chinese can't into dimensions so it's it like a M8 thread? It doesn't look like a tapered pipe thread.
>>
>>2384173
>these
I have no idea what it is, let alone used one.
>>
Have used them. What are you installing them into that you care about the threads? I always just drill a slightly undersized hole into my water barrels and thread them in. A little teflon tape helps keep them in. Usually they stay put pretty good but ducks and geese will turn them out with their bills from time to time.
>>
>>2384195
I'm putting them into PVC pipe. A ⅛ NPT tap run about halfway in seems to get a tight fit even if it's not the right pitch.
>>
>>2384206
Think when I setup the buckets for parents I used a 1/4" drill bit. The cups came with o rings and a nut. Albeit plastic aside from o rings they held up pretty well in the winter with freezing
>>
What is it
>>
>>2384173
I use a smaller and shitter variety.
Yours seems good size, so thanks for that
>>
>>2384211
>>
>>2384173
can you trust this shit? I was looking at one for dogs or other bigger animals, and I only see how people complain that the float leaks and is shit.
>>
>>2384217
A chicken mesmerizer?
>>
>>2384242
Water comes out of the pipe and collects in the cup for the chickens to drink and consider life's great mysteries, such as how you didn't put the context clues together to figure this out on your own.
>>
I got little nipple things for my chicken drinker. Been going strong for about 3 years now and cheap af. They need to be trained to use it but cool thing is if one can use them, the others will figure it out by watching them. A fox got some of my chickens and the remaining ones showed the new ones how to use it.
They're just screwed into some pvc which attaches to a small gutter on the roof of their little house. Only have to give them water once or twice a year, rain takes care of the rest
>>
I've tried a variety of waterers for my ducks and I never did come up with anything better than just spraying those hose into their bowl once a day.

Anything running off of tap pressure is going to leak eventually.
>>
I tend to use a kiddy pool for my ducks, they like to get in and splash around.
>>
>>2384217
>>2384304
does the chicken have to pick at the little yellow plastic thing to release the drink ?
or
does this work as some sort of flotation thing that gets lowered with the decreasing amount of water in the cup ?
>>
File: nips.png (459 KB, 722x790)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
I use these put on the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket.
They leak a bit but whatever, I fill up the water bucket maybe once a week.
>>
>>2384587
They peck at the yellow thing.
>>
>>2384596
>pic related
imagine having to sit there and inject the chicken with all that every time it needs water
>>
>>2384323
>Anything running off of tap pressure is going to leak eventually.
I'm pretty sure these are only meant for low pressure like gravity fed from a bucket.
>>
>>2384173
>Chicken water cups
>What thread size is this?
Depends. How is your chicken threaded?
>>
I just use a 5 litre water bottles placed in a bowl with a hole punched in it just shy of the bowl rim.
Fill it with gravel to stop the birds from tipping it over when it's nearly empty. Costs nothing and works fine
>>
File: 1622255957445.png (151 KB, 202x340)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>2384242
>>2384211
>>
I bet you could 3d print these. I did this one and it works fine: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:229545
>>
File: IMG_20220506_140551.jpg (1.82 MB, 3120x3120)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>2384993
I 3D printed my chick feed and water setup but those water cups are like 24 for me $15 now.
>>
>>2384996
How do they do with the plastics? I guess that's a dumb question. Uhm. More so. We found out the hard way chickens don't do Teflon well. What material are you using and how does it hold up to all the chicken mess?
>>
>>2384173
Normally plumbing threads are BSP for most of the world and NPT for the US.

I would avoid PVC as it's a more toxic plastic especially the primer and cement used to join it. Use polyethylene instead.
Source: Dr Shanna Swan's research on plastic.
>>
>>2385058
>dr swan is a bird expert
cant make it up
>>
File: IMG_20220515_001325.jpg (386 KB, 1056x780)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>2385059
She is not a bird expert. She found out certain chemicals reduce testosterone in the womb. Boys exposed to phthalates have a smaller dick, lower fertility etc.

Pic is my flock. SL Wyandottes and Orpingtons.
>>
>>2385060
>she is not a bird expert
chicken expert, whatever.
>>
>>2384173
Mine came in a premade tank from RuralKing too the chickens awhile to learn to use it. Now that they are large enough the prefer it over the hanging one.

https://www.ruralking.com/catalog/product/view/id/175032
>>
>>2385048
I used PLA. Most of the mess washes off without a brush.
>>
>>2385058
I found my thread gauge. It looks like it's 8mm x 0.9

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.