[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 11 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

When did doors get so fucking expensive? I remember solid core doors being around $60 a few years ago.
>>
In case you've been living under a rock, most building materials are currently 2-3 times what they were a few year ago.
>>
>>2384161
Will prices ever go back to normal?
>>
>>2384157
Um we're in the middle of a pandemic sweetie
>>
>>2384163
No, we're all trying to find our new normal
>>
Don't be a virgin door user. Be a chad open house bro.
>>
>>2384163
This is the normal now, friend.
>>
>>2384163
Not until after the collapse of our monetary system.
>>
>>2384157
>expensive
See those words "solid core?"
There ya go.
>>
>>2384163
>Will prices ever go back to normal?
Probably around the time the ovens are full.
>>
>>2384157
I've had my 2 old front doors out back with a "free" sign on them for 3 weeks and no one's taken them.
>>
>>2384157
when "they" decided it was time to start the boomer windfall / inheritance harvest proper and bring about the great resettening that will enslave the next generation into worker drone service, via a giant rise in the cost of living to reap the coin in that way.

precisely then, which was about last week. maybe two.
>>
>>2384157
box store book door prices are inflated all to hell, they are all special order and priced to milk rubes for being dumb enough to bite thinking that box store= bargain.
A real door/window place will beat their prices all day long for all but the box store in-stock prehungs. They will also have other brands besides memes like Masonite that charge a premium for low grade doors because muh history.
Also selecting anything with an arch detail means you consider aesthetics important and that means a "designer look" premium over anything else in that size.
t.sold doors at a real door shop
>>
File: 1651452385292m.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>2384166
>middle of a pandemic sweetie
you need to update your firmware NPC, we are on to the baby food crisis now.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.