[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 52 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tfw no tradie gf.webm (2.33 MB, 478x850)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB WEBM
Is your wife more handy than you around the house? Do you do everything or does she help? I'm ashamed to admit she does all of the jobs like assembling furniture, plumbing, etc while I just handle anything related to the car.
>>
>>2382569
bro how can you do mechanic work and you can't put together furniture with predrilled holes that includes prints and retard proof instructions and fasteners
I call fiction
>>
>>2382571
>you can't put together furniture with predrilled holes that includes prints and retard proof instructions
I'm a retard, that's why.
>>
>>2382569
I COOMED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ7sMyF5smM
>>
why is this bitch filming herself?
>>
>>2382604
for attention?
>>
My gf didn't know how to hook up a battery charger when I first got with her

I'm training her pretty well. I got her understanding that Phillips head a shit, and that all the cool kids use Torx
>>
>>2382569

>Holding the drill with her left hand so that her pink hammer is in the shot
>>
>>2382645
Torx is globohomo.
Use flathead (open source), or even better, no head at all - vise-grips that shit in.
>>
>>2382656
>Don't use the best, use the shittiest

Shill your garbage elsewhere, Shlomo
>>
I give things for me wife to fix around the house. Trying to build more confidence. I always end up doing it anyhow.
>>
>>2382583
Are the lemur pervert from an?
>>
>>2382569
What I find a bit weird is how often it ends up with men doing the handy work and women doing the cooking/cleaning. With all the woke foke nonsense about you would think it would be different but I have yet to find a woman who will change a wall socket or a man who could bake a meringue.
>>
>>2382730
You are looking in the wrong places or they‘re all taken.
My wife can change a wall socket and I can bake. Though we normally don‘t do it, due to preferences. She leaves the electrical installation for me and is using angle grinder, chisel and hammer to slit the walls and I keep away from baking and foraging and stick to beef wellington. Similar at metal stuff. Her preferred tools are the plasma cutter and angle grinder and mine stick and TIG.
>>
File: famine-pot-660x430.jpg (85 KB, 660x430)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>2382730
Technically, men are better in the kitchen if they are getting paid. All of Occidental gastronomy is men.
>>
>>2382730
The number of men who can't do that sort of stuff is also abysmally high. It's just that many people are detached entirely from how the systems they interact with daily work, they've abstracted them away. On the other hand, there are many resources for learning how to do things, so if someone decides to gitgud at stuff and is not retarded, they can figure out the basics pretty quick from the Internet.
>>
File: pee.gif (160 KB, 100x100)
160 KB
160 KB GIF
>>2382730
>wall socket or a man who could bake a meringue
I'm a man and I can't do any of this.
>>
I got stuck in Arkansas once and had nothing to do but sit in a motel room
there was a road crew working on some pavement in a parking lot and one of the crew was a really hot dyke with huge fake tits and a belt buckle that said "SEXY"
>>
Women who work trades always have smelly buttholes.
>>
File: Isabel_Medina_Peralta.jpg (56 KB, 440x440)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2382569
Women who have a knack for doing things are more attractive than their feckless sisters with equivalent looks. The only greater appeal is racial self-awareness with a properly fascist political devotion: fascism does not mean what it is popularly thought to mean.
>>
>>2382653
>keeping your backup tools on your right side if you're not actively using it
there's a reason i always have my leatherman on my left
>>
>>2382569
My wife and I intentionally develop different skills. She does sewing, cooking, cleaning. I do carpentry, plumbing, electric, gas & auto.
>>
>>2383023
>>2383023
Then you are a boy.
>>
>>2382730
Meringues aren't that hard anon, that's what /ck/ is for.
>>
>>2383076
Go to /pol/ and leave us in peace
>>
Back when I had a wife, she was pretty useless with anything technical or maintenance related. As in, she could barely hang a picture herself and I took care of pretty much everything. I used to try to teach her basic shit like how to change a tire for a spare in case she needed it but she was adamant about not learning it. I couldn't figure out why she chose to be ignorant - she wasn't dumb by any stretch of the imagination and even had a degree in molecular biology.

I have myself a chuckle now when I catch wind from my kids that something has gone wrong with her house or car and she's had to hire someone to fix it because the guy she's with now is equally useless for that stuff. Of course I hammer it into my kids to know how stuff works and I try to show them as much as I can so they don't end up like that.
>>
>>2383065
Is that a bad thing to you?
>>
>>2382569
Im a fisherman so i know how to but wife is better at detailed stuff. Her father was construction worker so she knows the name of all tools and materials and teases me about it.
>>
File: _70578332_019685763-1.jpg (11 KB, 224x224)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>2382571
I highly suspect he replaced "doing mechanic work" for "jacking off while watching my wife with the bull". 3 day bans be damned.
>>
>>2382730
I am male and can do both, and women cannot cook for shit anymore, I have never met a woman below the age of 35 who can cook better than me and I'm not that good
were I to guess why it is the progressive propaganda
>>
>I have never met

Can you guys stop with this dumb shit
>>
>>2383116
/ck/ is retarded and certainly cannot prepare any kind of meringue, even the easy type.
>>
>>2383185
I don't know, Ma'am. Can you cook?
>>
>>2382571
That furniture sucks. I have determined that it’s ease of assembly hides how many hours that you spend putting it together
>>
>>2382659
>>2382656
Robertson best bit. Don't @ me retards.
>>
File: 1647986415338.jpg (32 KB, 683x683)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>2383150
>I have never met a woman below the age of 35 who can cook better than me
like I'm supposed to believe that you meet enough women and become familiar enough with their cooking skills to have an opinion on the general population. fuck off with this shit you stupid faggot
>>
>>2383118
Your racial enemy hasn't left you in peace for 70,000 years. The reason you are on a board like this, pretending you are at peace is precisely due to the fact that you are under attack. This predicament of altruistic delusion extends deep into the technical, craft and knowledge base of the Occidental investiture. Technical proficiency and constructive production outcomes are integrated biologically within that history on a very long continuum of friend enemy distinction. When you plead as you have, the impression of a man unworthy of his tools and their history is left; or that of a jew mitigating true concerns by invoking the collective of the other under affected and false self-representation.
>>
>>2383219
Agree, anon.
>>
>>2382656
This. Torx is shit for almost everything DIY. Flathead is the most suitable option for the vast majority of builds.
>>
>>2383124
>even had a degree in molecular biology
There's the problem. You know, she is an intellectual.
>>
>>2383220
Learn to cook.
>>
>>2383049
living the dream
>>
>>2383220
cooking isn’t that hard, it’s a skill you hone over time. it’s taking the time to learn the recipes, then the intricacies of whatever it is you’re cooking, and then adjusting it based on your personal experience. It also doesn’t help that modern women mostly learn their recipes through Tiktok and Facebook so most modern meals are mediocre at best while requiring a lot of input effort. modern women will try something complicated, realize they fucked it up and it tastes bad, and then never make it again

take spaghetti for example. overall pretty easy to make yourself, takes about 20-30 minutes. But if you’ve never fried beef before with onions in a pan it can be daunting and it’ll probably take you 2-3 tries to get it right the first time. then you learn that garlic cooks faster than onion, so you throw the garlic in later when the beef is brown and the onions are nearly translucent. Then you modify the recipe by adding oregano and rosemary to the sauce because it tastes better
>>
>>2383446
> inb4 have sex incel, touch grass, etc

my wife, her sister, their cousins, and my sister do this shit all the time. sometimes what they make turns out good, often whatever they end up making just isn’t worth the effort relative to the end result
>>
File: helper smoke.png (63 KB, 657x527)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>2382569
>wife
I don't even have a gf. Women don't talk to me.
>>
>>2383452
that's cause you dont talk to the women anon
>>
>>2383452
>Women don't talk to me.
You lucky son of a bitch.
>>
>>2382645
>My gf didn't know how to hook up a battery charger when I first got with her
>
>I'm training her pretty well. I got her understanding that Phillips head a shit, and that all the cool kids use Torx

Dumbass, hex pan heads are top tier
>>
>>2383571
>You lucky son of a bitch.
kek
>>
>>2383632
Fucking retard, I use security torx for everything. Can't have stupid faggots with their philips/flathead double ended combination screwdrivers fucking with my work.
>>
File: big chicken.webm (2.91 MB, 332x500)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
Anons... my wife has gotten into homesteading because of Covid. In the last few months she's built a chicken coop, bunch of garden plots, and has been reading our county ordinance to see what milk producing animal we're allowed to own. She even showed me a picture of a "kill cone" which I guess you use to bleed out chickens. I don't know if the farming life is for me bros. What's it like?
>>
>>2383222
My ancestoral enemy has been fucking me over for about 2000 years, the Jews are fine. Let them have their desert LARP, who the fuck cares.
>>
>>2382645
Torx is good for screws that have enough meat on the head, but when it's too small for that, it's awful. Tiny screw, locktite, torx, and it quickly get chewed up so bad you've got to stop it out.
>>
>>2383220
I don't care what you think and have a decently large experience base, especially for where we are!
>>
>>2383827
>Jews are fine
Anon.... no. Just no.
>>
>>2384046
Go improve your life instead of whining about the little hat men.
>>
>>2382569
My wife is very handy and a fellow gearhead.
>Redid the flooring in 3 rooms of our house
>Drywall work
>Basic plumbing (I taught her)
>She has helped with electrical
>She does her own maintenance on her truck and 'vert
>We have done several construction projects outside

I didnt know how handy she was until I got home from work one day 9 years ago and she was disassembling the carb on the lawnmower
>>
>>2384424
>she was disassembling the carb on the lawnmower
based
>>
>>2382569
She's good at cleaning but that's it. I do everything else. She can kinda do some gardening but she could barely figure out anything with an engine. I blame her dad.
>>
>>2383222
>>2383076
Stop posting faggot.
>>
>>2382569
>I'm ashamed to admit she does all of the jobs like assembling furniture, plumbing, etc while I just handle anything related to the car.
Why are you ashamed your wife isn't a useless peace of shit like most women? You fix the car and probably bring home the bills. Puttin' that bitch to work is based, you sound like a fag desu.
>>
>>2384561
>You fix the car and probably bring home the bills.
this is true

>>2384561
>you sound like a fag desu.
this is not true although i do fantasize about straight sex with traps
>>
>>2382730
>women talk big shit but are betrayed by their nature
More news at 11
>why don' men cook
You clearly didn't grow up in an Italian household, my father practically wouldn't LET my mom cook and good for it since she's kinda shit in comparison (sorry mom, still love you)
>>
File: Uhuh...gif (76 KB, 220x210)
76 KB
76 KB GIF
>>2384562
>straight sex with traps
>>
>>2384567
not the guy you replied to but i've let guys blow me and i still consider myself straight
>>
File: 1762607021622.webm (2.81 MB, 800x450)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB WEBM
>>2382569
My wife is pretty good with basic hand tools but that's really it. She never wears safety glasses when I ask her to so I'm hesitant to teach her how to use larger tools
>>
>>2383715
The largest cock on 4chan
>>
File: shooting.webm (2.93 MB, 1920x1080)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>2384693
>She never wears safety glasses
my wife seems to operate in a world where there is no chance of physical harm. she'll be standing up on a rickety stool wobbling around on her toes messing with the ceiling while we have a step ladder in the closet.
>>
>>2384726
sauce, quickly
>>
>>2384742
From Beijing with Love
>>
>>2382569
>ask a man to help
>cheers mate ta

>ask a woman to help
>lok not to be rude sweetheart but could you just piss off actually please i'd get on better without you 'helping' honestly

there are absolutely women who are very handy, i just have never met them.
>>
>>2384742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr4FU7LE1Hk
>>
>>2382656
>>2383351
Are you Amish? Enjoy slipping out every time you use a power drill Luddite retards.
>>
my mother is actually one of these women, she taught me quite a lot about DIY and residential construction growing up. she just decided in her 30's that she was tired of not knowing how stuff worked and how to fix it, so she just started figuring it out one thing at a time. now she flips houses as a hobby and has a little rental empire going on. she inspired me to get into the skilled trades (I'm an electrician). her mother was the same way but with gardening, she had a full-blown subsistence farm going on in her backyard for decades
>>
>>2382604
Because she is a woman
>>
>>2382645
>I'm training her pretty well.

I do the handy work around the place, however she can now spot homo and Marxist miscegenation propaganda on TV within seconds. I'm training her pretty well.
>>
>>2383715
Your wife is gonna cluck your for a real Big Black Chicken
>>
File: 1652465951742.jpg (49 KB, 500x382)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>2384294
>>
Who asked?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.