[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

what for dangerous experiments did you as kidd?
>>
I made one of those weenie cookers where you plug it directly into 120 v, and that delicious smell would come up and I'd go to pull the weenie off and forget to unplug it and get a pretty good tingle.
>>
Tried to make those crystals 3 times. Couldn't find the ammonia or whatever it is.
>>
>>2361963
Might do this. Does 240v cook it faster?
>>
>>2361963
Can’t imagine what kids today are doing without a resource like TOTSE.
Tried to separate sodium from table salt with lots of heat. Made Aussie beer can mortars, homemade fire works, charging big capacitors from washing machines and probably more dumb stuff. Can’t really call them experiments since I was mostly trying to duplicate results. But one time I put a 9 volt in a glass of water for a week and thought I created an algae based life form. Glad I still have most of my fingers at least.
>>
>>2361989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ZZbuOeNmw

Yes
>>
>>2361991
>TOTSE
MY
NIGGA
>>
>>2361960
Cut open a D battery when I was 6. Played with the insides with my bare hands. Miracle I didn't get that shit in my eyes.
>>
Homemade flash powder firecrackers from homemade kclo3
>>
>>2361963
What's the amp draw on one of these bad boys?
>>
Painted words on a wall with spraypaint then light them with a lighter. Emptying some butane on our jeans and light them with a lighter. We played hockey once with a roll of toilet paper soaked in denaturated alcool also lit on fire. Thanks for bringing up those memorie anon.
>>
>>2361960
i used to share a room with a sibling and we separated the bunkbed into two beds for some reason, and my bed was really high off the ground to where i could sit under it. i called it my laboratory because i liked dexters lab. anyway one night my older siblings came back from the bar with test tubes that they took shots from and i asked if i could have them. i ended up raiding my parents bathroom and throwing anything i could into the test tube and mixing it. took it outside and set it on fire. it produced this really black thin smoke that dried on your skin if it touched you. no idea what it was but my friends mom told me not to mix chemicals anymore.
>>
File: vl.png (327 KB, 574x582)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>>2361960
My parents were really great and basically gave me full garage access from an early age.
But the experiment that scarred me the worst was a dry ice+juice jug that exploded in my hands and a potato cannon that I didn't pvc weld the ignition trigger in place before testing. I assumed that the tight fit would hold the trigger in place. But nope, blew it off like those chinese vids of manhole covers being blowing sky high. Second or third cannon I ever built. Right in front of my parents and on of my best friends. 1st degree burns on literally every square millimeter of my right hand. First day I ever called out of work.

I fear pressurized containers now.
>>
>>2362460
I also rolled up a bunch of plant matter I found around the yard and made a "cigarette" and took one hit of it and it felt like my lungs shut down. This was like when I was 8
Honestly the best smoking deterrent I could imagine. Never smoked since then. Never want to.
>>
File: 1644524893482.png (375 KB, 418x477)
375 KB
375 KB PNG
>>2362464
I have so fucking many of these, seesh.

Parents taught me from an early age that a magnifier glass could heat things up with the sun. Spent so many summers fucking around with magnifying glasses.

Built a bike trailer with two of my best friends in 5th grade. Didn't know wtf threadlocker was at the time so the trailer would constantly unhook itself from the bike and would just skid for awhile. Someone actually bought the bike trailer at a garage sale which was pretty neat.

Homemade fireworks from an early age. Watching all those hip, 2007 youtube videos about putting powder into ping pong balls and blowing up pumpkins.

There's probably plenty more. Thanks OP for making me think about how fucking rad and supportive my parents were in my childhood.
>>
>>2361960
I opened a wet car battery and got acid of my left eyes
it's a miracle I'm not blind
>>
broke open thermometers and played with the mercury with my bare hands
>>
Made super soap. Mixed ever cleaner together. Clean your lung reel Good.
>>
>>2361960
i used to take mains equipment apart as a kid with zero adult supervision. ive been electrocalmed many, many times.

i taught myself to weld and cast metal when i was about 16 by saving up birthday card money which, retrospectively, is quite dangerous for someone that age to be doing with zero training and zero supervision when it involves acetylene cylinders etc but if you read the instructions it should be fine.

i also very fond of diy chemistry, made litres of benzene, ether (it spontaneously combusts rather easily) etc. i ate quite a few of my experiments. exciting!
>>
>>2361960
Fireworks. Rockets. Nitro Glycerin. Failed to make gun powder and thermite a couple times (etcha sketch dust and rust from hot hands does not make useable thermite FYI). Scowered craigs list for projection TV's and harvested the franelz lenses, melts the zinc out of pennies real good. Stared at the sun behind layers of space blankets. Castrated a cat.
>>
>>2362177
jeff hunter was a fed, he shut it down just like how voat got shut down. not pulling your leg, here. I learned about this on zoklet. all dod darpa bullshit from the very start.
>>
I attempted a handheld Jacob's Ladder with a stripped 120 cord, alligators clips, and graphite rods. It was intended to be a proof-of-concept before I built a proper stand for it but it welded the clips together and I only used them to pop Christmas lights after pulling them apart.
Glow pickle was successfully demonstrated in a more safe manner.
I snuck a bunch of magnesium strips out of the science lab in 7th grade and tried making thermite but the aluminum powder was hard to make in large enough quantities.
>>
triacetone triperoxide
>>
carefully mixing a batch of 500g of explosives on my desk

i quit halfway through and stopped ever since. Static discharge is no joke and the stuff i used is highly sensitive, a hammerblow or friction sets it off too. I actually witnessed a guy destroying his hand with 5g because he tried to cut open a filled tube with with pliers
>>
i add 6-7 pool foggers to my pool let in a trash back electrolyse water spray with a sprayer over all the size of my pool and making a stick with a lighter ,,, it was a very loud explosion
>>
>>2361960
Plenty of weird stuff.
Grandad used to run a TV repair busyness. And my parents would sometimes leave me at his shop while they ran errands.
Grandad didn't give to flying shits about anything. And id usually end up playing around with fly-back transformers setting shit on fire.
That was all fine and dandy as long as he was around. My parents usually figured that when i told them about the stuff he let me do i was bullshitting...
He was very hands off and would often leave me alone in the store when he did house calls...
Long story short i figured out i could chain transformers together for longer arks...
This culminated in me blowing up the shops, and building it was in primary transformer. Leading to a massive power outage. From what i remember the thing arced all over the store to anything and everything.I'm lucky to be alive...

After that my parents wouldn't leave me at the store any more...

Later I developed a fascination with chemistry... Lack off access to chemicals would hinder my research in this field. But not before mixing and boiling a bunch of strong acids in a pot, and having it melt the pot and heater in to a noxious amalgamation...

One more time i tried to build a tesla coil in high school. But my family stopped me in time...

Another time some kid wouldn't let me in his tree-house so i enlisted my brother to help me i build a trebuchet of a drawing in a kids book in order to destroy his house... We mannaged to throw the brick over the tree, over the house behind it and break a windshield of a car parked in the back yard... I don't think a trebuchet was dismantled that fast in history...

I'd like to think that my parents where supportive, but after a handful of incidents it was a full time job keeping me from getting maimed or filled.
>>
A real story i made Brodifacoum firecrackers in the garden shed of my parents i used
Anti Rat Insecticides
>>
>>2361960

I built an air cannon when I was about 13 with a 2 liter bottle, a ball valve, a 1" pvc pipe and a tire valve in the back for charging with compressed air. On one occasion I was firing an old arrow in a sabot straight up at about 60 psi, I had a big "Landing zone" and I was actually quite accurate, So I thought it was reasonably safe. On the last shot I went up to 90 psi and the wind caught the arrow and blew it over to the neighbors where it stuck in the ground about 5 feet from my best friend as he was walking around his backyard.

Somehow none of our parents found out and since that day I never fired an arrow upwards again.

The gun ended up exploding in my face one day when I was charging it to 100 psi and over 15 years later I can still hear the ringing in my ears.
>>
>>2362177
>>2362696
I know nothing about any of that. SWIM would have assumed it anyway though MO fits like a glove lol.
>please don’t shoot my dog.
>>
File: 1640940035744.png (96 KB, 512x512)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
fireballs out of string and cotton balls soaked in lighter fluid. Juggled and threw them at friends. Hand sanitizer fire, friend burned off her eyebrows lmao.

Potato canon shooting them across the pond into peoples backyards

melting things with magnifying glasses mmmmm plastic

hot glued shit together burning myself a lot

made a skateboard out of roller blade wheels and roofing shingles. shit was fast as hell and had serious wheel
bite.
>>
Not really an experiment but I tasted this white shit on some old batteries
I dont recommend it
>>
i amassed radioactive materials, once my geiger counter started to click when i brought it near my box my parents told me to move it out of my room, i bargained with them and just made a cask out of 2 buckets and sand to sheild it with. Uranium ore dust is fucking sticky, i made a few objects mildly radioactive by getting that shit on them then i couldent get it off (according to said geiger)
>>
Tried to make a bat symbol out of an old movie theater projector bulb when I was 12. I guess I over amped it and the fucking thing blew up in my face.

Still have the scar above my right eye where a shard of glass got me and nearly took my eye out.

The 80s were awesome.
>>
Balloons filled with hydrogen gas via electrolysis. They are flammable sky lanterns. I would let them go in the air with a fuse attached and light it. Very dangerous, but the real idiocy was making fuses out of gasoline soaked string. I had a fire extinguisher on standby and it's a good thing because i didn't realize how much excess gas would drip off the string, resulting in the concrete pad below going into a blazing inferno that would have torched the whole yard, shed, house etc
>>
>>2361960
got (uninsulated) copper wire and stuck it in a wall socket and hooked it up to a tiny lightbulb that I had found somewhere. There was a loud crack and the filament exploded.

I was pretty stupid
>>
found myself on the streets for years after a dried banana leaf addiction fucked my life
>>
>>2363134
My dad used to take my brother and I to auctions since he collected and repaired antiques as a hobby. Mostly estates sell shit in lots where you buy a box even if you want just one thing from it. Anyway he would give us all the shit in the box he wasn’t using to play with, and one time that included a mason jar full of Mercury. Had so much fun with it until one day my mom found out and took it away.
>>
>>2361960
I built a coil gun out of a bunch of old disposable cameras, and never bothered to cover up the capacitor bank terminals. Also radioshack didnt sell a switch that went up to the voltage i was discharging from the bank to fire the projectile, so i made one out of copper sheets, a piece of old floor trim, and electrical tape. It worked awesome, and i never shocked myself. It could put a nail through cardboard. I was fully aware it would kill me if i touched the wrong parts, zero fucks given.
>>
>>2363134
>>2363525
Mercury actually isnt that bad for you to touch, providing you dont have any open cuts on your hand and you are in a relatively well ventilated area. The real danger is from breathing or ingesting it. Outside of that it is pretty harmless to hold it in your hands.

https://youtu.be/m8KzmlIEsHs
>>
>>2363673
Actual boomer here. In the mid sixties a traveling dentist came to my elementary school to treat the ultra-poor kids. Some of us non-poverty types made friends with him, and he'd squirt a little ball of mercury into our hands to play with until we inevitably dropped it and it exploded into a million tiny balls.
>>
>>2363670
I rigged a game of operation to shock the piss out of you using a disposable camera when I was 13 or so.

Nobody wanted to play it with me.
>>
>>2362292
>homemade kclo3
How
>>
>>2363713
>I rigged a game of operation to shock the piss out of you using a disposable camera when I was 13 or so.

funny story, but hard to believe
>>
>>2361963
damn i remember my first couple tingles. the near death rush you get after is dank.
>>
>>2361991
The only thing I tried to do from totse was rip off a vending machine. There was a tek that said to push clay into a key hole and when it hardened, you would have a key to unlock the change bo. I did this and of course it just snapped right off and probably fucked the guy that had to service the machine.
>>
We used to steal 525 packs of Winchester .22LR ammo. We would tape the bullets to the end of our BB gun. not a accurate set up, but loads of fun.
Watched one of my friends put a 9mm bullet in a vice, and hit the primer with a nail and hammer. He only has 8 fingers now. I set a cat on fire with a can of spray paint and a lighter.
>>
>>2363713
Those camera caps almost got me expelled from highschool. I started handing them out at a school football game with wires sticking out so people could shock each other.
>>
>>2363064
>SWIM
fuck off with your boomer drug shit you fucking retard you know that doesnt do ANYTHING in court right?
>>
>>2363740
Regular tweezers with no wire running to them, and the wire that was hooked up to the original needle now running to an ESD bracelet. The shock wasn't *that* bad, but nobody had the balls to try it.
>>
One day 15 year old me was playing around with a break action single barrel 12 gauge. I noticed a sam's choice water bottle neck was a perfect friction fit around the end of the barrel, and then after that, a tennis ball was a perfect fit *inside* the bottle.

Needless to say, I cut open a bunch of birds hot shells, removed the shot, and put the crimp back together. I was managing to launch the tennis ball a solid 1/4 mile away with standard loadings. After each launch I'd have to take the water bottle off the barrel and de-invert it. I got more and more brave with the thing, until I decided to see how far it could go. I had some powder I was using to reload 38spl and 9mm, so I took the plastic wadding out of the shell and loaded it with powder to the brim, then closed the crimp up. The water bottle immediately shredded itself into a bunch of pieces of shrapnel, hitting my hand and leaving an interesting wound. The tennis ball was launched far. I mean far. I lost sight of it and had to hunt for it in the field for awhile. When I finally found the thing there was a 3/4" hole in one side and the other was completely obliterated & torn. I wish I could find the pictures of the contraption and the aftermath of my hand and the tennis ball. It was a glorious thing to witness.

>>2362890
I was experimenting with water rockets when I was little, but since I was retarded all I did was put a hole in the cap of a two liter and stuck a Schrader valve from an old bike inner tube in. The air pressure was enough to keep it sealed properly, so I gave it a whole shitton of pumps from my bike pump, and then would just smash it against the street until it exploded.
>>
>>2362460
We used to be so dangerous with our Drain-O bombs. It was sort of a game to see if we could hide one next to somebody chilling on a park bench and not have them notice before it exploded. Luckily nobody got seriously injured, although I can’t comment on long term hearing damage.
>>
>>2363445
I find that story incredibly questionable, and the only thing that gives it any legitimacy is how uneventful it was.
>>
I found a cut off AC plug and I plugged into banana. It popped and fried up the banana.
>>
>>2361960
>jam fingers in wall socket
>take apart tube tv while still plugged in
>car battery bird bath
>pipe bombs
>anything and everything flammable
One time when i was like 7 or 8 i grabbed a huge plastic cup of water and threw it at the heat light in tve shower and it exploded like a motherfucker, didnt get hurt or in trouble
>>
>>2363797
Metallic mercury is almost insoluble to the human body, it needs to become ethyl or methylmercury for it to be readily absorbed
>>
>>2363295
Holy shit my little brother did that, I thought he was the only one. Fuck did he cry.
>>
File: 1645816620188.jpg (73 KB, 606x838)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
there was an experiment i did with a friend called "what happens when you throw a paint can into an active fire pit" and it turns out what happens is your dad coming out at 10 PM after hearing a literal bomb go off to yell at you and your friend for being retards. there are still little bits of silver-painted pebbles to this day
>>
>>2363673
>big mercury wants you to believe this
>>
When I was young those chemical sets contained various questionable shit, I mixed a bunch together, it turned brown and got hot so I panicked and flushed it down the toilet
>>
>>2361960
Jumped 15 foot off my tree house with a shopping bag as a parachute.
>>
>>2361991
God childhood was great. Totse was the first thing that really introduced me to the world outside the one my parents had made for me. Was a big eye opener.
>>
>>2361960
none rly bc i wasn't allowed to.

took apart a few vcrs and shit, and later on got lit on fire (with axe) by my "friend" a few times if that counts. Also had to stomp out a gasoline fire he started.
>>
I poured gasoline on black powder and lit it with a match. About a teaspoon worth. It makes a mushroom cloud. Once I threw the match wrong and burned my eyebrows off.
>>
>>2363443
Always at night, in the late 70s, using Mylar and a crapload of tape I did this:
https://youtu.be/U9DtAUyaKRU?t=135
with utility gas tapped from one of those permanently mounted patio grills, adding lighted cigarettes to delay ignition of fuses stuck through them near the end. I halted these "experiments" after scaling up to around 300 cubic feet and a half mile of altitude, though for obvious reasons one can expect the authorities to intervene earlier these days.
>>
We made a lot of "the works" explosives. Eventually we got tired of the noise, so we started to make depth charges. We'd put the works in Gatorade bottles and fill it with rocks, and aluminum foil. They'd sink and create a great cavity of water.
>>
>>2362292
>homemade kclo3
do tell.

in canada we used to buy salt peter from a drug store. they sold it as a spermacide. we woild make smoke bombs with it. its also sold as stump remover. but you cant find it aymore in canada.
>>
>>2362472
I won't tell my kid about magnifying lens bc I know he'll burn down something
>>
>>2366025
>but you cant find it aymore in canada
You can if you know where to look.
>>
Me and my brother would throw deoderant cans into fires all the time. Oh how we'd laugh as the flaming shredded metal cans wizzed by, inches away from our faces at high speed
>>
>>2366037
I set fire to my lawn once when I was in middle school. I found a 8.5" x 11' frenel lens and I was having a ball. Let him play, just teach him t oexpect trouble and be near a hose or a bucket or something. (Or stomp it out in sandals, like I did, and have it be a life lesson.)
>>
>>2366185

I got the frenel lens out of a big screen TV and after spending an hour burning things with it I realized I had a large white spot in the middle of my vision. It went away after a while but lesson learned, Wear two pairs of safety glasses.
>>
>>2366192
*Sunglasses.
>>
>>2363488
Nutmeg is the real shit my dude.
>>
>>2363754
Works great if you’re a Jew like me
>especially in Minecraft
Zoomer faggot.
>>
>>2363804
Ah, the older Works Bomb as we called it. I still remember the last crackle of the plastic, and then the few seconds of silence before the boom. Buddy put one in a trash can at a gas station. Life was better before 911.
>>
>>2361960
mixed output hydrogen generator with no flashback arrestor
>>
>>2361960
Mostly finding all the leftover fireworks in the neighborhoods after holidays and seeing what we could blow up. I'm 3rd of 4 boys so by the time I was in elementary they had a pretty reliable system of how much leftover powder we needed stuffed in bottle necks to see some cool shit. Adults were never mad as long as we did it far enough away to not bother their hangovers.

We'd also replace the motor in your lil mini cars with say...uncles old riding mowers motor. Just to see whatd happen. Fast motherfuckers is what happened but fuck did they break quicker and kill the batteries right away.
>>
>>2366688
Also I remember mom getting pissed at me cause I went through boxes of boric acid and a huge thing of hand sanitizer after hearing in school that that shit made fires turn different colors. Mostly just setting bunch of odd shit on fire after slathering it in hand sani and borox. Surprised I never got burned till adulthood.
>>
I had this foam bodyboard when I was younger

I used to get a magnify glass and burn holes it on sunny days.

Anyway, I was laying down In the doorway of the basement, burning holes in the bodyboard as you do, and I accidentally kicked a small table nearby, which had a glass of turps that my dad had some paint brushes in, the turps landed on the bodyboard, the whole thing went up in flames, the curtains on the nearby basement window caught on fire,

I stupidly reached for the nearby hose, water and solvent fire don’t match. The fire spread to the grass near the basement door, burnt about 4 metres sq of grass.

Mum went apeshit and dad kicked my arse in.
>>
>>2366498
this but we lit it off
>>
>>2366786
oh me too. blew up a pickle jar
>>
File: 1648315902806.jpg (120 KB, 500x628)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>2362692
>>
i kept a bottle of Multivitamin juice in my room that i kept throwing random shit in to see if it would cause a chemical reaction
that was a good 12 years ago, i moved out about 5 years ago, and im 100% sure that bottle is still there in one of my desk drawers
i do not have the courage to open it though
>>
>>2363729
>>2366025
if you serach for "clorate cell" you will find a fair bit on the topic of making your own KCl03
>>
>>2366025
saltpeter is KNO3, fairly safe. Potassium chlorate is in a different league, especially if mixed with organic fuels (can easily detonate and the mix is sensitive to moisture and shock)
>>
>>2363295
mmm, potassium hydroxide. Spicy salt.
>>
>>2364114
or any water soluble salt...
>>
>>2364433
How are the ankles?
>>
>>2363804
Did that with muriatic acid. We'd reuse the acid over and over, causing it get weaker and slower. Friend biked up to it to kick it, but it exploded acid onto him.

We did zip lines, which were fun and stupid. Also climbed highschool's fooball field lights at night.
>>
>be 12yo me
>best bro and I both Jr /k/ommandos
>life is all about bb guns and fireworks when we can get our hands on em
>discover model rockets
>eventually learn how to blow em up pretty good and start launching at stuff
>blow through the handful of actual rockets we have but we still have tons of motors plus launchers etc
>building rockets ain't rocket science
>balsa wood, cardboard and other random scrap poorly glued together
>first test of our homemade rpg
>rocket flies wildly around about forty into the air
>spins around and comes back towards us
>we panic but luckily it veers off and buries itself in the cornfield next to friend's house
>motor is still going and then there is a bang
>now there is a decent sized fire in the field
>panic again
>throw dirt and stomp fire out eventually
>back inside to build more rockets
End.
>>
File: images.jpeg.jpg (4 KB, 225x225)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>be 12yo
>live in eastern europe
>crazy uncle always gives me dozens of these bad boys every year around Christmas time
>i'm always doing experiments with them, destroying bricks, old electronics, exploding stuff in the yard, etc.
>bored, one day decide to make a diy "cannon"
>rip 1 inch steel tube from a cut fence post (60-70cm long)
>drill a 4mm hole near the end and put a plastic cap on the end
>put the tube in a plastic bucket full of water, angled, so the small hole is just above water
>leave it outside to freeze
>mfw it even looks like a howitzer in firing position
>break apart 10 of picrelated bad boys witj knife, pour all the powder in the tube
>thinking to myself thats A LOT of fucking powder
>find a perfect sized round rock and stuff it through the other end all the way with a stick (i remember watching The Patriot that day and how Mel Gibson did it in the movie)
>take a smaller petard and stuff it through the small hole, so it's explosion ignites the powder
>everything ready
>thedestinyisuponme.jpg
>light the small petard and run for cover behind the brick wall
>hear loud BOOM, all hell breaks loose
>mfw felt the vibration through the whole body
>ringing in my ears, almost deaf
>the bucket and pipe both assploded
>the rock hit the wall on the other side of the yard,disintegrsting and taking off a good chunk of plaster off the wall (I remember the wall looked like those war torn houses in balkans, with walls full of holes from bullet impacts)
>some fragment somehow manages to hit the freshly installed pvc window behind me, destroying it completely
>dad runs over from the house screaming wtf did you do
>takes all my petards, throws them through the sewer grate
>neighboir calls the cops on me for assploding stuff all day
>2 policemen come, talk with dad, write something on their notepads and drive off
>not allowed to leave the house for 2 weeks
>dad said he'll break the pipe over my back if i ever even think of doing something like that again
>>
>>2366498
Based brown’s gas enjoyer
>>
My friends and I put a massive hunk of sodium in a soda stream bottle 1/4 full of water back when you could just buy it on ebay. In the slow motion video you could see the hard plastic swell like a balloon. Still to this day the loudest explosion of that size ive heard, and ive lit of plenty of bootleg fireworks
>>
i was that idiot kid that would throw petards into sewers
>>
>>2361960
in third or 4th grade (70's) we had a chemistry kit in the class room that contained all sorts of nasty chemicals and even some uranium.

unlike your modern millennials or zoomers I knew better to mess with them.
>>
>>2367996
well that will kill you.
>>
>>2361960
I'd start fires. I never used matches or a lighter though I had a magnifying glass the size of a sheet of paper so I'd go around making huge piles of dry leaves and sticks i'd fine in neighborhood and start em on fire. that and I'd buy all the jumping jack fireworks I could every year around the 4th and I'd hold em with a pliers as a makeshift cutting torch to cut up soda cans and other shit
>>
Potassium permanganate and magnesium powder in a hand folded triangular banger, I'm glad I didn't fuck up my hands
>>
>>2362165
love this guy's channel
>>
>>2368204
One time we decided to light a porta potty on fire. Took a gatorade bottle full of gasoline and tried to leave a little trail in the dirt to act as a quick fuse. Anyway the dirt absorbed the gas and it wouldn’t light, so I cracked the door open and stuck the lighter near the floor. I guess the door had been closed long enough for gas vapor to build up and it blew open with a ball of flames.

Burnt the shit out of the back of my hand, every finger had blisters on it, lost most of my eyebrows and could feel some of my eyelashes burnt together. I think I was like 14 and tried to hide it from my mom for a couple weeks while it healed. Not sure if she ever noticed, or she probably did notice and was like “I don’t even want to know what he did”.
>>
>>2364438
>>2361991
are there still forums with similar ideals around?
>>
>>2368069
>>2367996
what happens if you do this
>>
>>2368259
Toxic gas that you inhale and die
>>
>>2368275
i figured out that much. but which toxic gas?
>>
Me and my younger brother started a fire near a cycleway. It got out of control and we just jumped on our bikes and took off. It burnt an acre of forest and burnt the cycleway bridge down.
>>
>>2368336
various chloramine gases
>>
>>2367965
Unbelievably based
>>
>>2361960
Microwave + Fork
Microwave + CD
Lit match + Box full of matches
Flintstones vitamins up nose.
>>
>>2363673
>providing you dont have any open cuts on your hand
How do people manage to not have cuts and scrapes on their hands all the time?
>>
>>2368445
We bought a microwave one night at Meijer for like $35. Got blank CDs, aluminum foil, marshmallows, eggs, etc. Proceeded to nuke everything until the microwave took 10min to pop a single kernel of popcorn. Boxed it back up with exploded egg and rainbow marshmallows and CD bits inside and returned the thing to the store and told them it doesn’t cook right, got the $35 back and went and ate at Denny’s.

Good times in that short period between turning 16 and becoming a lazy pothead at 18.
>>
>>2361960
Made a fertilizer bomb and tried to et it off behind a wall while we were on the other side. Luckily it was the wrong sort of fertilizer.
>>
>>2368739
This makes me sad, the microwave trusted you. It just wanted to make food for you.
>>
In 1977, when I was about
age seven, my brother, Danny, got me high on gas fumes and we sucked each
other's dicks
>>
I used to play with the electric fence in the pasture by my house. It pulsed 3800 volts every half second, up to 4500 volts when the weed burner kicked in.
A friend was visiting with his girlfriend who knew nothing of what was to come. She was sitting in an aluminum lawn chair in a wet bathing suit. He gently put his hand on her shoulder, a gesture that seemed like affection to her, kek.
I grabbed hold of the electric fence, and then grabbed his other hand.
She was very well grounded and the shock threw us all down.
The lawn chair was destroyed.

I had a joint and nobody had a lighter.
I dug my heel into the ground a bit, grabbed the electric fence, and held it.
There was an arc sparking from an eyelet on my shoe to a blade of grass.
I put the paper at the end of the joint into the arc until the paper glowed.
Puffed on the joint until it was lit.
Surprised everyone.
>>
>>2368739
I used to play with my microwave. A CD would have tracers of green sparks traveling along the aluminum surface. The plastic would catch fire at about ten seconds.
Incandescent bulbs light up in a microwave.
They make a weird green light, and a noise you don't normally hear. The filament will burn up in about 6 seconds. You can do this with blown light bulbs, as long as the filament is attached at one end.
Over time, this damaged my microwave. It started cooking things on the counter near it. A box of sandwich baggies next to the microwave were all fused together. I threw that microwave away because it had become dangerous.
>>
>>2362472
Kek, I was obsessed with burning things with a magnifying glass. I love watching adults on survival shows struggle to light a fire with one. I was doing that shit for fun when was 10.
>>
>>2369129
So ya, staring at that little light beam for hours, melting alot of plastic. Made a lot of bongs with different types of percolators and a lightbulb vape. Letting seagulls eat french fries off of my head at the beach, putting about 10 9v batteries in series and blowing up a little lightbulb in science class (teacher was PISSED), flaming crossbow bolts with pvc crossbow, hammering those little red popcap gun rings, purposely trying to 'harness lightning' with a metal umbrella pole in the back yard (didn't work thankfully), jumping off of higher and higher roofs, especially into snow, swimming out WAY too far in lake ontario.
>>
>>2364280
I threw a can of starting fluid into the bonfire one night. Everyone immediately started to run. Less than 5 minutes later the bonfire exploded. The fireball was glorious! I’m sure it was seen in space. Later that night, we started having beer bottle fights. That’s one fight I haven’t lost
>>
>>2361963
I remember buying an actual commercially manufactured one of these from a Goodwill when I was a teenager. It was made in the 70s, and would cook 8 dogs at a time. There wasn't even a fucking switch.
>>
>>2363754
Someone's bitter about missing out on the best days of the internet.
>>
>>2369140
>hammering those little red popcap gun rings
I think every kid did that. It's probably why those things are so hard to find these days.
We took it a step further once, my friends' dad was into reloading and we found his primers. We spent the afternoon smashing those on their basement floor and blowing small chunks out of the concrete.
>>
>>2369140
used to take those red caps, scrape the powder out of them and sandwich a bunch of it between two pennies, tape the whole thing tightly and then throw them. sounded like a gunshot
>>
Old car auto ignitions had a condenser that would store a 50KV charge and release it to a spark plug. I would charge them up and leave them laying around the shop. You could hold the body of it or the lead and nothing would happen. If you touched both, it would shock the shit out of you. I left one on the boss' desk where a customer found it, touched it wrong, and got zapped.
>>
>>2361960
>Make paper clip chain
>Tried to jump start a lone car battery.
>>
>>2361960
I wired the terminals of a 9V battery on the top and bottom of my braces, then closed my jaw. The shock knocked me out. Now I post on 4chan.
>>
>>2369207
pretty dumb anon. but kinda funny
>>
>>2369194
you had a job in an auto shop as a kid?
>>
>>2369186
I was partial to the paper rolls. I took a box of 250 and set it on a brick, then dropped another brick on it from chest height. The report was insane. My ears were ringing for days. Good times.
>>
>>2368739
None of those things happened.
>>
>>2368393
Lol
>>
>>2369106
And that’s why you are now forever imprisoned on 4chan
>>
>>2369112
This is the gayest lie I have ever heard
>>
>>2361960
Taking apart a disposable camera to know what it looks like inside. And I got shocked
>>
>>2361991
>Can’t imagine what kids today are doing without a resource like TOTSE.

putting lightbulbs in their mouths and stealing things from public institutions for tiktok views.
>>
>>2369168
>There wasn't even a fucking switch.

the whole reason you could use old style toasters to commit suicide by chucking them into a bathtub or kill yourself by putting a fork into the slot is because electricty ran through the entire fucking chasis.
>>
>>2368259
>>2368336

Bleach is just chlorine. Adding chlorine to ammonia and it reacts creating chlorine gas. "Blowing" into the mixture is a malicious instruction designed to get you to breath this shit in. This is similar to the chlorine gas that is a banned chemical weapon, the kind they use to drop on people in ww1. Breath enough in and it cooks your lungs from inside your body and you die coughing up blood. If you dodge it and get it just in your eyes, you will probably go blind. The food coloring and copper coins is just to make you believe this is a legit recipe similar to the rock candy recipe that does make actual crystals.
>>
>>2361989
>>2362692
Etcha sketch dust isn't aluminum lol no shit it didn't work. Fucking kids.
>>
> be 16 year old retard working as a janitor with other 16 year old retards
> floor in one area of the building gets super nasty throughout the day, requires a decent amount of effort with normal soap to clean
> me and retards decide to concoct a cleaner so powerful that it will clean the floors perfectly
> mix industrial grade degreaser, the Ecolab floor cleaner, pine sol, industrial windex, powdered toilet bowl cleaner, and near boiling hot water into a bucket
> mixed this all in a janitors closet that was about 4’x4’ with no ventilation
> somehow didn’t make chlorine gas and kill myself
> the floor cleaner worked amazingly ironically enough
>>
>>2361960
Usual stuff
Smoke bombs from paper soaked in fertilizer
Mixing chlorine acid with whatever I could find (some mixes generated chlorine gas which is quite deadly)
Fixing power sockets (did not knew what a braker was at the time) with live wires
Carbide + water bombs
Those were the days..

Latchkey gen. here
>>
>>2369346
Hey man, my memory is pretty good before 17. It gets blurry after that, but I’m almost positive we did that.

My mom brought it up to me years later. We ran an extension cord out into my backyard and threw a board down on top of the snow and did it right there. Return department at Meijer didn’t give a fuck about a $35 microwave we bought 4 hours earlier in the night. We told them it wouldn’t even fully cook a bag of popcorn, and it wasn’t a lie.
>>
rolled a bunch of strawbales down hill into a lake
>>
>>2368220
Of course you would faggot.
>>
>>2361991
>TOTSE
Dunno about the kids but I imagine Metaphysicist killed himself without anyone to ban. I didn't come to appreciate the other boards like DIY until it was too late.
>>
>>2372434
Around the mid 2000s when everybody was retiring their old CRT TV’s, we would garbage pick any TV we came across and drop them from the top of a 4 story parking garage.
>>
I tried to boil down 3% hydrogen peroxide to concentrate it. Heard you couldn't do that because the peroxide would decompose or boil off with the water.
Apparently you can do it, because the flask exploded violently as soon as the temperature started to rise above 100 degrees, and left me with gnarly white chemical burns.
>>
When I was like 12 I decided I was going to make a smoke bomb. My plan was:
>Take an empty plastic 2 liter soda bottle
>Put a bunch of leaves inside
>Set the leaves on fire, put the cap back on the bottle
>Bottle fills with smoke
>Open bottle to release smoke
But the problem was that the leaves wouldnt ignite so I squirted a bunch of lighter fluid in it. Then I dropped a match in and a giant fireball shot out and burned my hair and eyebrows
>>
>>2372621
About the same age (12) when I launched a model rocket engine without a rocket. It spun end over end as it flew through the neighbor kid's hair, and burned a path through the middle of it.
>>
>>2361963
I want this, but connected to a light switch so that the wonderful weenie smell starts when I come home
>>
File: giphy.gif (1.27 MB, 400x225)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB GIF
>>2363749
>push clay into a key hole and when it hardened, you would have a key
not only would that break as you said but it wouldn't work anyway due to how a
>>
>>2370586
this except
>have an uncle who's just the adult version of myself but just as retarded and just as interested in electronics
>he leaves a partially opened one in a drawer in my cousins room
>already old enough to know what a condenser is and how much of a shock a big one can give
>still manage to touch it and shock myself
I'm still interested in electronics to this day. worst shot I ever experienced was from a plasma cutter.
also this same uncle lit a ecig on fire by poking around with a screwdriver while I told him not to (if you don't know how bad a li-po battery can burn look it up), panicked and threw it from our 9th story apparment, broke a windsheild. this man is like 50yo.
>>
>>2363295
>>2364135
how does it taste?
>>
>>2376625
Like salty milk and coins.
>>
>>2361960
I wasn't a kid but I made shitty rocket fuel from table sugar and stump remover a few years ago. I got really drunk and accidentally sent a spark into the container I was storing it in. Luckily nothing caught fire but it smoked out the entire house lol
>>
>>2363750
I hope you die slowly and painfully
>>
>>2369140
Based Ontario friend (not really though I hate it here).

Used to cut out my Dad's model rocket engines and wrap them up in a bunch of paper and light the fuse in an alley and run away. That was a loud kaboom.
>>
I remember very vividly wanting to short one of the mains plugs at gramps shop with some bare metal wire I was holding with some non-insulated round nose pliers, I was on a wood stool and not touching the massive steel bench so it was ok, just tripped the breakers. I don't know why I did it, but I remember how magnetic the act felt, I was drawn to doing it like a moth to a bulb.
>>
>>2361960
Placed a screw driver across the prongs of an electrical plug while it was plugged in. I remember the entire room lighting up in sparks. But I remember it in third person.
>>
>>2361960
I took apart a shit tonne of stuff, from Vacuums to Microwaves. Why my parents let me mess around with 240v stuff, I have no idea.

The microwave was one of the most deadly thing I played with as a kid. Especially the capacitor, transformer, and Magnetron. I'm surprised I never electrocuted myself, or fry myself.
>>
>>2362800
Haha cool childhood man
>>
>>2361960
Potato gun battles leading to multiple concussions and major property damage.
>>
>>2372484
I still have a picture of fuckbiscuit passed out at the lawn chair he used as a desk chair. Good Times
>>
File: yvzalwesus311.jpg (997 KB, 1440x1058)
997 KB
997 KB JPG
Be a drummer about 15
Decide to make my own practice pad
>Use plasti-dip on a piece of plywood
>Think that a heat would cause it to cure faster
>Creates a bubble
>Explodes into flames
>Somehow didn't hit me
>Splashed onto a recycling bin and a doormat like napalm
>>
>>2361960
Not experimental, neibhorhood kid and I made sand pit traps at the park near by. Just a piece of paper supported by sticks over a deep hole.
Some kids mom fell in one and sprained her ankle or some shit and the ambulance came.
>>
File: 1639348753110.jpg (37 KB, 615x720)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2367965
How bad was the ass beating?
>>
File: 1633005878410.gif (552 KB, 220x220)
552 KB
552 KB GIF
>>2362692
>>
>>2361960
The electric pickle comes to mind. Also a lot of bottle "bombs" with pool cleaner and aluminum foil.
>>
One time I found a weedwacker and an old half-full edical oxygen tank in the garbage. The weed wacker ran with some gas but seemed like it was running rich no matter how I adjusted it. Remembering I just found a tank of O2, I decided to try and feed it into the carb with it running to lean out the mixture a bit, just to see if it would work. The weedwacker started running like a raped ape until 30 seconds later when it backfired and a little flame started hissing down the hose to the oxygen tank. My retarded ass decided to just run and hide until about 2 minutes later when the flashback arrestor did it's job I assume.

Another time I got a big ass 120v contactor my dad gave me from a GG1 locomotive and wired it up to turn on a light bulb. Didnt get hurt or anythinf, but my mom was pissed when she found me in the garage messing with 120v alone.

Built an Xray machine using an old televison flyback and a vacuum tube, my uncle gave me a phosphorescent screen from an old xray film cassette and I used that instead of film. The website I learned about it from (https://www.dangerouslaboratories.org/body.html) is still around too.
>>
I squeezed batteries until the alkali-acidy thing came out and later almost tasted one of them. My parents immediately took me and forced to gargle.
>>
>>2361960
>cut open top of coke can
>put firework putty inside
>seal up coke can
>throw in bonfire
>>
>>2361960
>as a kid
Lol I still do dangerous shit now but I have my own kids so they watch XD
Last cool project we did was inflating some balloons with hydrogen/oxygen mix, obtained from a electrolysis cell I made a few years ago, taping a combination of fuse and incense stick to the balloon and releasing them. Incense makes a great timed fuse, burns real slow. Anyway the balloons go really far and explode with a deep boom. No doubt it scares the shit out of unsuspecting people who end up being closer to the boom than us. Those fuckers are seriously loud.
Good times.
>>
>>2361991
Man I was such a sheltered faggot. Only thing I did was try to shoot rats under my porch with a bb gun
>>
File: water-5galex-64_600.jpg (12 KB, 600x600)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Working at a pizza shop and boss left for the day to deal with his cokehead son. Me and other cooks spend an hour filling a water jug with aluminum foil. Then we put a triple layer of duct tape on it for. After work we went climbed a nearby Rose's, filled it with 2 bottles of toilet bowl cleaner and gave it a quick wrap around the cap with more tape and tossed it behind the store into a wooded patch separating it from apartments.
The explosion rocked my soul. Felt like god flicked my chest at like 200 ft from ground zero. We hid on the roof until the cops left.
>>
>>2380696
For good measure*
>>
>>2361960
>take apart microwave
>take out the transformer
>pout rubbing alcohol on it
>plug the 2-3kV transformer into wall outlet
>watch it burn

i sure was an autistic kid, normie wagecuck parents didnt like what i was doing so they grounded me for like a month
>>
>>2361960
took apart mains powered stuff on a regular basis with zero adult supervision or idea how it worked. got electrocuted more times than i can count.

played around with oxy acetylene torches, lathes and casting metal. all again with zero supervision; i bought the welding kit with saved up birthday card money and the school gave me the lathe.

played around with the chemistry kit making all kinds of stuff, some of which in ate and made me feel funny. i also ate a whole bunch of other odd stuff like chalk, blue tac, air rifle pellets, paper, mountains of dry pasta etc which, retrospectively, may have been the result of not very good parenting.

all quintessentially wholesome kiddo stuff. quite frankly stunning i still have all of my body parts attached and unmutated, so far.
>>
>>2361960
I was 14 adn needed weights for my diving vest, so smelted 10 kilos of led scrap from dads old fishing nets/flags
The gasses probably wasnt good for me
>>
>>2380426
My mom and grandma went to England for a week when I was maybe 13-14 years old. When they were out of town, I saw a big opossum tail in a ripped up tarp in my garage, grabbed the co2 pellet rifle and popped the cunt with the pellet gun until it stopped moving. I guess it had babies so when my mom and grandma got back home they found this ugly opossum baby on the floor of the garage.

Grandma got me a lifetime membership to the national audobon society shortly after.

But these old women don’t know what they want. Can’t let an opossum tear up the garage. And one time we had baby bunnies in the backyard and there were crows sitting in the tree waiting to rip the bunnies apart. My mom told me to scare off the crows, so I waited for a big crow to land in the tree right above the bunnies, and dropped his ass. Of course my mom freaks out.
>>
taking apart various mains devices, using 240v to make varios cool shit like putting two carbon rods from batteries into baking-soda water and letting them glow redhot while underwater
playing with chemicals (made some chloroform, was too pussy to try it and just dumped it down the drain)
built a charcoal furnace with blower for melting aluminium and making knives
filled a bottlecap with crushed matchheads and striker powder and setting it off
starting a campfire inside my bedroom and fueling it with books from the bookshelf (lmao), chopsticks and ice cream sticks
playing with the gas mains and using it to fill balloons and burning them
>>
>>2380835
just can't win.
>>
I made stick figures by melting lead.
Maybe thats why Im retarded now
>>
>>2376630
pomf pomf
>>
Managed to get KNO3 off eBay when I was 12, idk how I swung that one, used for various attempted smoke bombs that mostly just threw flames everywhere. Did a bunch of diy and storebought rocket engine fuckery.
>>
>>2364430
I did this, but threw it in the back wood heap. I was showing my red indian half-cousin how to do an experiment. He got confused and started leveraging with force to mongrelize. Always felt bad about that. He died young.
>>
>>2369221
Agree, anon. Perforated roll caps were interesting. I hit a whole roll with a sledge hammer once and it was very loud. It was also possible to get two larger diameter bolts and a nut, partially thread the nut on the first bolt leaving a gap, pack the gap with a few caps, tighten each bolt snug and then throw the assembly with the bolt heads straight down onto pavement or concrete.
>>
>>2380844
>starting a campfire inside my bedroom and fueling it with books from the bookshelf (lmao)
now that is some retarded shit right there, wtf happened, how did the fire get put out, did the house burn down, etc?
>>
>>2380816
>i also ate a whole bunch of other odd stuff like chalk, blue tac, air rifle pellets, paper, mountains of dry pasta
you were literally the retarded kid eating chalk and glue?
>>
File: 1514961373469 - Copy.png (208 KB, 665x574)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>2383046
>>
>>2361960
Plugged a cord into a wall socket and sucked on the other end.
>>
File: chem_set.jpg (101 KB, 736x355)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>2383072
Yes. I made the small pox blankets.
>>
>>2383056
I got an old saucepan and started burning shit inside it. It went out when I got bored and left it to burn out by itself. No.
>>
>>2367802
We used to be able to buy potassium nitrate and sulfur OYC at the drugstore and make our own gunpowder. Also used to stuff strike anywhere match heads into an iron pipe to make a pipe bomb but, fortunately, never could get it to go off.
>>
>>2383057
not op but i used to love chewing on pieces of dried Elmer’s glue when i was a kindergartener

now I’m 24 and mildly autistic
>>
As a kid I found this old can of spray paint. My dad had a fire going in the back of my grandmas. So I'm trying to spray it and create a flame. Hardly anything left in the can or it was solid or something in there, so barely nothing was happening. I then throw the can in the fire. Saw the outside of the can burn off, but like nothing else. I was so disappointed. Then of course BOOOM!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I wasn't injured.
>>
File: 1637748729335.png (511 KB, 600x982)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
>>2367750
>>
>>2369140
Nail gun caps have way louder bang when you put them in a vice and hammer them. We searched building sites for unfired ones, good times
>>
I cut off my dick to see if I could pass for a woman.
>>
>>2372434
Did it down a stone quarry, great fun
>>
>>2376625
NaOH solutions tastes like zap. Best way I can describe it.
>>
>>2361960
Not me, but three neighbor kids, living with single father, watchmaker. There was this hungarian old hag, coming now and then, that was just a question of time when dad would snap and shag her. So they broke a mercury thermometer, put a drop in her coffee. Nothing for a few minutes, but then there were a fifteen meters brown trace from her seat to the toilettes, and half an hour of screaming straight from hell. She never came back.
>>
>>2361960
I built a coil gun out of a bunch of disposable camera capacitors in my moms basement. Turns out if you go to Walgreens and ask for the old disposables after the film is removed they will give you a giant box of them. Radioshack didn’t have a switch that met the voltage rating I was looking for, so I built a knife switch out of some copper sheeting and a piece of floor trim. Hooked up a bunch of camera capacitors in parallel, then wrapped the barrel of an airsoft gun in a bunch of turns of copper wire attached to the capacitor bank and my ghetto switch. Took some fanagling about where to place the cut off nail that i used for a slug, but eventually got it dialed in. It could put a hole through soda cans and cardboard boxes. Screwed the entire set up to a piece of plywood and left it in a closet for a few years. Came across it a when I was 20, and showed it to my gf at the time. She was impressed.
>i got pussy for being a sperg kid
>>
File: 1621500459755.jpg (72 KB, 1073x1073)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>2362692
>Castrated a cat
>>
>make baking soda/vinegar rockets out of film canisters
>friend says, why don't we try it with black powder (my friend always had a ton of firecrackers, which we'd compress with hammers or open up)
>fills a canister partway with black powder, tips it on its side
>takes a bic lighter and tries to slowly reach toward it to "set off the rocket"
>the wind catches the flame and it lights a moment before he expects
>singed all the hair off his arm and his eyelashes

Mostly shit like that. I'd also play with electronics but nothing too crazy. I remember connecting a 1kohm resistor to a speaker and then plugging it into a wall outlet to hear the 60hz hum. It worked.

Also, not really an experiment, but my friend's property used to have a tennis court on it which was sorta wrecked up, so we'd hurl chunks of broken concrete at each other and try to dodge them, as a game.
>>
>>2369207
A friend of mine in high school claims to do this, and the result was pretty-much that. He says he "saw a flash" and woke up on the carpet.

Are you Nick from BC by any chance?
>>
>>2361960
Oldfag here, when i was an early teenager i was pretty interested in high voltage shit, my parents didn't knew anything about electricity so they asked my grandpa who did electricity in a mine. To cut a long story short, i was "only" allowed to produce voltages up to 1000 Volt with a power source that only gave 1-2 Watt of energy (grandpa was pretty strict about that), but at the same time i had no one around actually checking how much voltage i was creating. Thought bridging a 1cm gap was something like a 1000 Volt so i made sure not to make electrical arcs longer than that, turned out it's actually 10kV. Shocked myself a few times and learned a lot. Love you grandpa.
>>
>>2362261
I used to smash batteries with a hammer and remember getting hit in the eye with a piece of metal from one. At the time, I assumed all batteries had acid in them so I freaked out and washed my eyes for 10 minutes.

Also had a 120v neon indicator light and figured "this will be brighter without the resistor. Upon sticking the wires into the wall it exploded violently, shooting glass and the red hot metal parts everywhere.
>>
>>2369121
I still have my psone demo cd from pizzahut or doninoes whatever it was that i microwaved
It makes amazing patterns
>>
>>2372505
I did this, screen down
Sounds like a shotgun going off
>>
>>2372505
I was just destroying them in the woods with a metal pipe with some friends
>>
>>2387539
>so we'd hurl chunks of broken concrete at each other and try to dodge them, as a game.
Gotta love a good game of rock fight.
>>
File: stepup.png (858 KB, 1456x819)
858 KB
858 KB PNG
>>2361963
bro I did the same thing but I used a step up transformer like picrel.
1200V through a weenie will impress anyone coming for a sleepover. Even invited a girl once to see it. She probably thought I was an autistic psycho.
>>
>>2361960
Emptied a fire extinguisher and used it to store hydrogen gas I made from mixing drano and aluminum foil and water (it was a mix of sodium hydroxide, aluminum, and water that created an oxidation-reduction reaction).
Really wasn't that dangerous but it was fun to pop balloons with it
>>
File: 1650372471521.png (12 KB, 640x640)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>2361960
>Be maybe 7 years old
>Brother has discovered YouTube
>We start watching videos on tattoo guns
>We had this old robotics kit sitting around
>Find video on home made tattoo gun made with a pen, motor, and sewing needle
>Motor basically just vibrates the needle stuck in the end of the pen ink cartridge, not up and down, just vibrates it
>We make it anyway
>Moment of truth
>He decides to tattoo himself first
>Tried to make a star
>He fucking tattoos the star of David on himself, thinking it was a pentagram (because he wanted to be le edgy satanist at age 9)
>My turn
>Bring it to skin
>Stab my leg
>Brother decides that's enough, now wait until I'm "his age" and then "I can tattoo myself" - anons brother, age 9
>It becomes infected
>He hides the infection
>Amazingly makes a full recovery, forever implanted with a very spotty faded star of David on his thigh made out of pen ink, roughly half the size of a penny
>I forever have a single dot of ink on my leg that looks like the head of an ingrown hair
His nickname is also jewboy
>>
>>2387974
>>2388192
I loved finding boxes full of flourescent tubes as well, places would do a remodel and there would be 100 of them. The vacuum inside the glass makes a cool pop.

>>2384090
We also did a full can of Axe in a bonfire and that was a much bigger explosion than anybody expected. Fun part is when it sends embers fucking everywhere.

>>2387084
That’s sociopath school shooter shit.
>>
>>2362688
Based alchemist
>>
>>2362692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fB_4w7LEZc
>>
>>2369104
It's an inanimate object, anon
>>
>>2372410
Ignore that idiot, it was a perfectly believable story
>>
>>2375479
Based Uncle. Is he a 50yo weirdo with no wife or kids?
>>
>>2390044
I have more feelings for inanimate objects than animate objects
>>
File: 1510748464925.jpg (188 KB, 500x353)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>2361960
I tinkered adjusting the laser on my PS1 since it was a piece of shit that could barely read discs, but it was a slow process and I decided to just not unplug it while tuning it. At some point I completed the circuit and couldn't move until I slumped over and fell to the floor. Took a few seconds for my vision to come back but I went back to doing it the right way and unplugging it before further adjustments.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.