[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Isovox.jpg (88 KB, 1200x1200)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
How would you go about building a head soundbooth like pic related? Do you think it would work too practice singing without disturbing my neighbors?
>>
Probably not. I am your neighbor and you sound like a coyote in a trash compactor. Please stop.
>>
>>2292151
if your walls are that thin its time to move
>>
File: 1641851599787.jpg (121 KB, 640x722)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
make one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9UIedgnt_w&t=13s
>>
File: 1641851621027.jpg (37 KB, 583x329)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2292275
>>
File: 986hyn.webm (2.79 MB, 320x240)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB WEBM
>>
>>2292151
if you want to practice just put a bucket over your head and a comforter over the bucket. This way you will hear yourself and others wont.
>>
>>2292151
>How would you go about building a head soundbooth like pic related?
no dude I will not give you detailed plans on how to make one of those. this is /diy/ not do it for me.
>>
>>2292151
Dude that's just a padded box. Also it seems restrictive, you'd be better off putting some foam sheets on the walls of a closet so you get a miniature studio
>>
>>2292151
when i was in a band with my friend we took two 4x8 sheets of plywood and cut them into a coffin that we could stand in (separately) to record vocals for an album. we lined it with egg carton style carpet foam and recorded vocals in the basement of our row house. he didn't pick up any outside audio when we recorded and none of the neighbors complained about us screaming.
>>
>>2292151
Triple mask
>>
>>2292275
>>2292276
>>2292277
>>2292508
but I want to record too
>>
File: soundproof.jpg (69 KB, 759x466)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>
File: 6af.jpg (70 KB, 680x544)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>2293310
You might want to reuse parts of proven designs.
>>
>>2292151
i've thought about doing the same, for singing and recording songs. i'm in my 30s and i feel like i have wasted so much time to practice singing and record stuff because i'm too loud and embarrassed for people to hear me, even though i'm a good singer. i even resorted to taking a recorder out into this huge empty parking lot by a lake to record in my car, but it's a pain in the ass and uncomfortable to do it like that. i just fear that i am wasting my potential, i need to figure something out soon.
>>
>>2292151
Pvc pipes and moving blankets
>>
>>2293435
post song
>>
>>2293538
i thought i had some on an old soundcloud but all that's left is an instrumental i made for someone to use in a video project. i must have deleted my actual songs at some point, used to drink a lot back then so i dont remember. it's too much of a pain in the ass to post anything at this point because it's all unmastered and on a different recording device. it would literally take me hours just to post one song, not worth it for some random anon on a mongolian basket weaving forum.
>>
>>2292186
Yes I normally cut a hole in the wall of any apartment/condo I’m looking at to rent to check the insulation.
>>
>>2293655
based
>>
>>2292426
>foam sheets on the walls of a closet so you get a miniature studio
those help YOU with your recording reducing echo for the recording equipment, it doesn't reduce the noise for the neighbours.
>>
Google "cone of silence"
>>
>>2292151
WAGIE CAGIE
>>
>>2294788
To reduce the sound going through, you need more mass on the walls. A cheap solution is to first place horse stall mats (rubber, heavy, 3/4" thickness) on the walls, then cover those with the foam to dampen the sound inside.
>>
just get some pillows or couch cushions and rig them up around you. i put a pillow over my beer when i crack it open so that people don't know i'm drinking. and you can barely hear it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.