[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: get.png (27 KB, 500x500)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
looking for cool random parts/devices/gadgets on sites like AliExpress, ebay, etc.
post anything you've been eyeing for projects or just random cool stuff you want/bought already
>>
File: -.jpg (89 KB, 800x800)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
personally I'm thinking of buying this voice activated recorder
>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003039563057.html
and some thermal sensors for my raspberry pi surveillance system for my uni class
>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32963073753.html
>>
>>2259683
>thermal sensors
wow, its a PIR sensor without the dome, no one cares
>>
>>2259680
I really want this. I want to find all the leaks and areas of poor insulation. Also it's a cool toy to have.
>>
>>2259688

Do not get these. You're better off grabbing a dedicated thermal gun with a screen. MAC has one. I picked one up on eBay used for $250, it blows these out of the water
>>
>devices
I bought a 5 dollar multimeter I was pretty unimpressed with. Only reason I upgraded from my 2 dollar one was because this one had a beep, but it's so fucking delayed that it's barely useful.

Bought some pro micros in bulk because otherwise the prices are retarded now, the one I've used so far has been fine. And I bought some wireless Kemei clippers (Wahl clones) that did a good job on my beard, but I haven't used them to shave my head yet so I don't know how they compare to my actual Wahl stuff.

Most of the stuff I get off Ali is parts, the electronics stuff is generally mediocre and only alright if you're buying cheap stuff and expecting it not to last.
>>
Few things I want to buy are a multitools, high power lasers, folding knives specially those with standard replaceable blades (scalpel, utility knives etc)

One of the multitool even helped me get a girl interested towards me like crazy during my college days. Used to fix a lot of problems arising in the classroom with that bad boy.

Gen 2 and 3 night vision tubes with hv supply and Nixie tubes have been my favorite Ebay hauls. Will buy again if I get a chance to grab a cheap one

Plumbing parts to make my own air guns is fun too.

But one thing feels weird. I've bought (and looking to buy) hundreds of electronic parts over the years, but using most of them (specially when arduino or computer programming is involved) felt like hard work outweighed the fun.

Buying a 500$ welding machine off of aliexpress and using it was fun too.

high acuracy multimeters (like mastech ms8250d in my case) has been super useful too.

>>2259688
I'd rather buy a broken s60 phone (or any damaged device with lepton sensor) and take it's camera out to connect with raspberry pi

>>2259683
Knowing how to use raspberry pi and not using it to make your own voice activated bullcrap. Man, you're lazy.
>>
>>2259910
you have to go back you cock sucking faggot
>>
>>2259680
These little boards are cool, any 5V+ DC power supply turns them into a variable CC/CV power supply, charge up lithium batteries and shit. They work with a 5V USB charger going into em for lower current applications.

>>2259688
These are tempting as they get more affordable. I think HF has one too but I would have to try it out before dropping the money. For <$200, it would be a nifty gadget to have around the house if it was good enough to find circuit breakers or wires getting warm or poor insulation spots
>>
>>2259680
Anyone see any digital watches with phone and internet browsing capabilities.
>>
>>2259701
whats wrong with the phone version?
i dont see a mac branded flir on ebay. other guns are going for $4k+
cheaper guns are going for around $600. but low ass 80x60 resolution
lots of bad reviews on that amazon one.
im open to other suggetions.
>>
>>2259947

Here's what I have. Your phone is gonna be the worst tool that you want to do anything with. A touch screen fucking sucks when you're trying to use it as a tool. Drop it? That's a big loss. Battery goes quick. Phone call? SMS? Have you ever used a phone as a flashlight when working in tight spaces?
>>
Ordered one of these after seeing it on adrian's digital basement channel
>>
>>2259983
What is it?
>>
>>2259988
it's some flat crt thingy
>>
>>2259967
ive never dropped my phone, i dont have many friends to get texts from, and i dont use my phone for stupid shit like using it as a work flashlight.
>>
>>2259967
That thing is so shitty that i cant even find a manual or data sheet anywhere even specifying what the resolution of the sensor is. And Mac's website is so shitty the only page which even mentions the model number wont load. All you did is over pay for some chinkshit because it had a tool truck brand printed on it so it matches that on your toolbox. It just looks like some iteration of whatever no name chinkshit imager this is
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Professional-Handheld-Thermal-Imaging-Camera-Portable-Infrared-Thermometer-IR-Thermal-Imager-Infrared-Imaging-Device/444471449

And just lol at the specs
>Total Pixel: 3600
>Image Frequency: 6HZ
fucking damned near worthless
>>
>>2260028
Seethe and cope, this thing is great. You linked to a chink shit Walmart camera that is more $$$ that what I paid for. Go be poor somewhere else
>>
>>2259967
Assuming I don’t care about my phone, what is your opinion on the FLIR attachment?
>>
File: IMG_20211125_2121581.jpg (2.58 MB, 3996x2664)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
>>2260164
>You linked to a chink shit Walmart camera that is more $$$ that what I paid for.
how retarded are you:

>>2259701
>I picked one up on eBay used for $250
Where as the one I linked is $226

You still cant provide a data sheet for your chinkshit trash camera, so it has to be terribad.

>Seethe and cope
>Go be poor somewhere else
I have $20k of photography equipment and im not a professional photographer, I dont care about your laughable chinkshit thermal camera
>>
>>2259917
Going back? Can't go back to doing something that I've never done before. Will never start. Besides I'm asexual with slight feelings towards females.
>>
>>2260226
damn, nice modifiers
>>
>>2259680
nice try to datamine chang, fuck off
>>
File: Capture.jpg (98 KB, 1318x704)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>2259967
>>2260028
cheapest i see now is this

only stats i found:
2.4" LCD Display
Minimum Focal Distance: 1.5 feet
Thermal Sensitivity: 0.15° F
Image Capture Frequency: 6 Hz.
Wavelength Range: 8-14 µm

another one says its resolution is 80x60

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.