[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: back.jpg (770 KB, 1000x1333)
770 KB
770 KB JPG
what do yall reckon it will cost me to redo this walkway?
i sent my truck to the scrapyard last month frame rotted through... i dont have a cheap way to hall material now.
i called some concrete guys its all out of season and no one can do estimates this year
how many bags of gravel and sand will this take to widden the path and redo whats there?
how much will a proffesioanl pour cost me?
>>
>>2259357
bout 3.50 bags of each
>>
>>2259357
Calculate area of new path. Calculate volume of sand required. Divide by volume of one bag of sand.
>>
>>2259357
Your path looks like a dick, Hombre
>>
>>2259357
I'd do what I did and hang a hitch off whatever you currently drive then buy or rent a smol trailer. That solves many problems over time and more than pays for itself. If you have an SUV etc a heavy hitch hauler style rack can carry enough stuff for many smol jobs.
>>
>>2259408
the young chap at the home depot told me i'll need a yard of gravel and half of that in sand
i dont want to dump it in my driveway. reemmebe rno truck
if i rent i have to return i dont want sand pile blocking my garage door or dump it far and have to work extra hard to move it
>>
>>2259441
Local suppliers often deliver small loads using a contractor sized dump truck. Drop pile on lawn (my unkillable grass is expendable) or get fancy and use a tarp for easy cleanup.
>>
>>2259454
if i still had my truck i could keep it in the bed pull up close to the job then go get sand
anything else is gonna get dumped and be far away or block my garage until i finsih all work
neither are good
>>
File: 1633010508835.jpg (20 KB, 438x335)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2259461
Baaaah no truggggg :(((((((((((((

Fuck you you hick pickups are crap.

Buy a small trailer, fill it with sand, go home and park that cheap little bitch right next to your discusting little path and leave it there for as long as you need to shovel that shit off

>uh bud no druuuuuugggg :((((((((((((((

FUCK YOU
>>
>>2259441
you do realize that you can rent trucks
>>
>>2259505
are you deaf
rent truck = return
cant keep the gravel in the back and move it to the job site
rented truck i have to dump the gravel
a do i dump it near the job and block my garage
b do i dump it somewhere else move it to the job site
>>2259440
>>2259474
im not wasting my hard earned dollars on a trailer
im not giving those uhaul monkeys a single cent to install a hitch
trailers are half the price as a new truck
i rather pay the cement guy to just do this
but its out of season
>>
>>2259357
>how many bags of gravel and sand will this take to widden the path and redo whats there?
I'm going to assume you are legally retarded if you can't calculate the cost of supplies for such a small sidewalk, and expect someone to tell you how much sand/gravel you need when you literally just need to grab a tape measure and do some simple math
The volume of a bag of sand or gravel is literally on the side of the bag
>>
>>2259357
>i dont have a cheap way to hall material
>hall

retard, just take a shit all over it and let it harden. retard
>>
the home depot near me lets you rent trucks 20$ an hour.
load in 16 bags of concrete, 8 bags of gravel and a couple bags of sand.
should cost under 200 total. just make sure you have the path dug out and leveled, and the barrier in place before you buy the material. once you do its all easy work
>>
>>2259553
>>2259357
wait do you want the stuff under the trash can done too or just the walkway.
if you want the trash can place done its going to take a little more cement and gravel
>>
>>2259357
cock pathway haha
>>
>>2259359
Kek
>>
>>2259520
>are you deaf
are you retarded, dump that shit on your grass right next to the path you mouth breathing cock sucking faggot
>>
>>2259520
>trailers are half the price as a new truck
You can get a new 5'x8' trailer for $1000. Another $100 and an afternoon to put a wood box on it. $300 to put a hitch on your car.

You'd be hard pressed to find a $1500 pickup normally, let alone with the way the used car market is now.
>>
>>2259574
>You'd be hard pressed to find a $3000 pickup normally
Whoops.
>>
>>2259563
im not going to destroy my grass asshole
>>
>>2259585
your grass already looks like shit, it wouldn't make a difference m8
>>
>>2259585
Your grass is kind of fucked already. Just focus on doing the walkway right and consider even expanding it to the driveway on the left (in your picture). if you have "damaged grass" afterwards, you put new top soil down and seed it in the spring.
>>
>>2259591
>>2259593
its almost winter fuck nuts im not going to fix this path in the cold months i wont destroy my grass in the spring
>>
>>2259597
It fucking grows back you absolute retard, it's grass. You actually sound like the most insufferable kind of boomer, no wonder everyone's laughing that covid is killing you morons off. Go fuck off somewhere else so you can get back to pissing into your own mouth, nobody here is going to spoon feed your brain-damaged ass anyway.
>>
>>2259574
NUH UH bud i ned mud druuuuuuuuuuuggggggg :(((((((((((

Keep living that WT trailer park hellscape, op you senile wannabe boomer trash
>>
>>2259744
Hah noice
>>
File: 1629836620531.gif (115 KB, 168x200)
115 KB
115 KB GIF
>>2259597
Bro, id get a big tarp or polyvinyl film and put it on top of the grass and dump the sand on it. I ve used similar metod on my backyard pool, just a polyvinyl film on the grass and a inflatable pool on it. The grass was shit fow a few months (bcs covered with no light), but it grew back.

If you finish in a day or two the grass might be undamaged. And it can heal during the winter under the snow.
>>
>>2259357
I'd grab the light pavers to the right and just checked board the existing path.
>>
>my truck
>my truck
>my truck
Buy another truck you dumb nigger.
>>
>>2259750
Show us on the doll where the pick-up truck touched you, anon
>>
>>2259585
it's fucking grass, you can get more grass easily, you are so fucking retarded if you are letting grass stop you. that's like not wanting to replace your fridge because you're worried you might scrape some paint off of your wall
>>
File: DSC_1626.jpg (1.38 MB, 2023x1517)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>2259357
Maybe about $600 after materials if you're buying new stone. I did a new path from scratch last year that was about 3/2 of what you have and was $900.
You'll need pea gravel, stones or bricks, and polymeric sand. Stones are the costliest bunch and heaviest, if you need to buy these you may have to pay for delivery. No truck for me so I had to pay for this. Otherwise you should be able to transport the gravel and sand in your car it just might take multiple trips like I did.
Steps are removing what you have, digging out the path to a constant depth, laying the pea gravel and tamping it down, laying the stones and checking for levelness along the way and tamping down to set into place, then applying polymeric sand in all the cracks.
>>
>>2259792
>>2259893
this summer i put some car parts on the grass
my trucks hood and window glass
was there for half a day and it DESTROYED the grass. took montths for it to regrow
another spot i dumped some fallen tree branches was too tired to bother with them for afew days left a bald spot on the lawn
this grass is weak and dies very easily no helping it
tarp or bare its going to do damage no thank you
>>2259905
thank you for posting actual numbers now i know what to compare it to
>>
>>2259940
>thank you for posting actual numbers
>because i'm too retarded to perform basic math like determining how many square feet i'm trying to have covered in pavers

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.