[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 135 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: OUR NEIGHBORHOOD.jpg (268 KB, 1102x878)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
At night we get a stream of transients moving through our backyards. Sometime they pass out drunk or steal lawn furniture and bikes and there have been some break-ins. We tried a security system (including cameras and alarms) but the cops won't respond unless there is a violent crime. Looking for ways to establish a secure perimeter.
>>
>>2253313
what's the rest of the story? from what i can see there are fences between yards, why are they hopping 15+ fences when they could just walk down the street?
If there is theft, just fucking shoot them, and have your wife and children say they feared for their lives from scary bad man in your yard. not even san francisco will be able to make a case against you.
>>
>>2253318
Some of the fences are in poor condition and the tenants don't give shit.
>just shoot them
Yes but better to keep them out because more will just keep coming on.
>>
Corsentina wire.
>>
>>2253319
>Yes but better to keep them out because more will just keep coming on.

They won't if you shoot them.
>>
>>2253319
if alarms and cops don't work, you have to take the law into your own hands. 100% serious here. put a few bodies on the ground and they will stop coming. if you are uncomfortable with that, at least fuck a few of them up with a baseball bat, enough so that they never walk or talk again.
>>
>>2253320

put this along the top of the outermost fences along the block so getting in is a bitch and then randomly on a couple interior yards to stop progression
>>
>>2253320
>Corsentina wire.
It's illegal and even if it wasn't, we don't want to pay hospital bills for indigents.
>>
>>2253313
Do they walk or jog?
>>
Holy fuck op just put a high ass fence along the curb what the fuck more do you need

Gate with a lock if you need you need pass trough

Tarp on the inside for privacy
>>
>>2253340
Can't go over 6-feet high fence, plus two of the outer owners won't cooperate.
>>
>>2253331
>It's illegal
what shithole do you live in where that is illeg-
>san francisco
of course it had to be THAT shithole.
>>
>>2253335
Didn't a court of law rule that he wasn't jogging?
>>
>>2253357
>what shithole do you live in where that is illeg-
It's quite common for municipalities to regulate the use of razorwire, barbed wire, and chain link on the grounds of unsightliness. Go ahead, check your local codes, see what you find.
>>
>>2253313
Stop them at the source of the problem.

Speak to the owner of that corner property and try to resolve any gaps there. You might be able to drop a hint about wanting to avoid having to go to a civil suit for personal injury and property damages.

It may be a local ordinance that property owners are obligated to secure their lots in this scenario.
>>
File: here.jpg (67 KB, 422x413)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>2253313
ive heard of violent hobos alot recently, i never made the connection between that and corona cop withdrawals until now.

do this.
go to the banks, get rolls of dimes, nickles and quarters, maybe 20$ in coins
go around the neighborhoods where i marked, throwing the coins in other peoples property and alongside their roads.
the hobos will notice this and be drawn away from you

also, take note of who doesnt seem to own a floodlight, buy a few cheap floodlights from target and gift them to your neighbors. maybe theyll install it.
>>
>>2253364
He'll always be a jogger in our hearts.
>>
>>2253313
>cant defend yourself
>cant improve your fencing
>dealing with homeless acting crazy
Sounds like you need to make an appointment with your local U-Haul. Just do everyone a favor and when you move to Idaho or Texas or Montana, remember why you left.
>>
>>2253313
Those are small businesses not houses. There are no driveways or garages.
>>
>>2253313
>san francisco

you deserve it. vote in more libtards, i'm sure that will help.
>>
>>2253397
>>
>>2253433
they're houses. you can look up the intersection in google maps. it's a city, so there are no big driveways and the garages are built into the houses themselves.
>>
>>2253313
why are you living in a shithole, where you cant shoot at trespassers even at night?
>>
>>2253446
you can, even in san francisco. OP's just too much of a pussy to do what needs to be done.
>>
>>2253313
>the cops won't respond unless there is a violent crime
>not calling and telling them they are fighting and you think you see a gun
>not shooting them and planting a ghost gun
Think outside the box, OP.
>>
>Make a water feature along perimeter of fence
>add soap to water
>???
>have reputation in neighborhood akin to garlic factory in transylvania
>>
>>2253313
Get yourself a pitbull or three
>>
It's San Francisco, can't you just scare them off with job applications and Bibles or something?
>>
>>2253313
>Looking for ways to establish a secure perimeter.
Guns.
Start with a 12 gauge rubber bullet shell if you want to deliver a message.
A
"You're not welcome here. I consider you a threat. You are warned."
>>
>>2253313
>Sometime they pass out drunk
It's probably fent. Hit a few with Narcan (then disappear) and they will not return.
>>
>>2253455
>give all the hobos water pistols painted black filled with vodka
>call police, report violent armed mob
>>
>>2253313
if your in a cold area thorny osage trees and roses
if your in a warm area growing cactus is a fun hobby
>>
File: Him_Blackberry_1.jpg (116 KB, 589x442)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>2253614
Himalayan berry all climates
>>
Is that close to an industrial/port area in SF?
Is it safe to live there?
>>
>>2253620
>Is that close to an industrial/port area in SF?
Not anymore, mostly housing now.
>Is it safe to live there?
During the day it's fine but there is a lot of late night shouting and burnout noises and the occasional gun shot, and sometimes we end up with homeless sleeping on the front porch or scrounging around in the rear.
>>
>>2253624
Damn, I thought /pol/ was memeing about the poop map and all.
>>
>>2253624
Here is one of the businesses on that street:
1418 Shafter Ave, San Francisco, CA 94124

I’m looking on the map and there is a shipping port just east of that area.
>>
>>2253624
Cityfags legit have some kind of brain disease. You pay millions to live where you live, your cost of living is 10 times higher than in rural areas. Now you say you hear gunshots at night and wake up to find some bum sleeping on your porch and can do nothing about it.
>but but but I'm a software engineer social media opinionator influencer guru who makes $200,000/yr! I'm successful! I make more than you!
I'd rather live in a trailer on a few dozen acres and make $20,000 a year in BFE than deal with any of that shit. Give me that farm life if your existence is the opposite.
>>
>>2253313
So shoot them, retard.
>>
>>2253428
>Just do everyone a favor and when you move to Idaho or Texas or Montana, remember why you left.
>Texas
Yeah, move to Austin with all the other left coast faggots and enjoy dealing with this same issue. We hype Austin up for a reason, it's faggot containment.
At least you can shoot these fuckers here, but stay in Austin, we don't want you faggots out here in the country trying to play ranchhand or cowboy or whatever you think we do here.
>>
>>2253592
Now that’s thinking with your head.
>>
>>2253645
Depends on your city. I pay $650 a month for a 1 bedroom within walking distance of a supermarket, arthouse theater, major university, and large park, with free public transit. This is despite a preponderance of Californians going on for decades. I'm in the US and I'm not telling you where, we're full.
>>
>>2253651
>Austin is a containment board
Holy fuck, Texans are playing 5D chess
>>
>>2253693
>Austin is a containment board
Has been for almost 20 years now anon.
>>
>>2253683
Sounds like larp.
>>
>>2253645
>Cityfags
don't fucking lump us in with east/west coast faggots, it's the califagians that are fucked in the head like OP
>>
>>2253693
>>2253695
I don't mind it though, real estate shoots through the roof. Every few years my house doubles in value, and I just move to a larger house with more toys 30-45 minutes away. Done it twice now. Live in Heights, half a mile from the lake. Place was worth like 200ish three years ago, now close to 500. Quiet, retirement neighborhood with a lot of vets, and it's off the beaten path. Everyone has multiple cars, a boat, and an RV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQkCH_C-7AM
>>
>>2253696
Literally not but I see why you feel that way. We have a university and a military base. I guess my building is cheap because it's from the 60s, but it's in fantastic shape.
>>
>>2253313
Lawn sprinkler on a motion sensor
>>
>>2253640
SF is no longer a major port.
>>
>>2253718
Do you feel like 650$ a month is pretty average and representative of your city though?
I'm paying 500$ a month for my shithole, but the average is more like 1500$ in my city-- if I had to move I'd be fucked. My next affordable option would be renting a room for ~700$ which seems relatively ordinary in my location.
>>
>>2253683
>I pay $650 a month for a 1 bedroom
THere are no such prices anymore in any livable place. Even the midwest is much more expensive than that. THere must be a catch. Probably it is a real shithole with no jobs.
>>
>>2253383
Put broken glass around your property. People do this in 3rd world countries a lot and you could say it is an art piece.

>hey man like it is a representation of like... the racism, like ya know? man just broken dreams yo... "
>>
>>2253313
Goto local dog pound, purchase disposable shitbull. Chain it to a stake driven into the ground. Feed it, but always leave it a little hungry. That, and get bars on your back windows. Faggot.
>>
>>2253752
you dont get shitbulls from the pound you get them from breeders that live in the ghetto that advertise how fierce their dogs they raise are
>>
>>2253754
>>2253752
OP just saying, if you get a dog for defense without raising it as a puppy, it might get mad and kill you one day too
>>
>>2253754
Sounds like OP is a couple years from his neighborhood becoming the ghetto anyways.
>>
>>2253313
>but the cops won't respond unless there is a violent crime.
Won't show up unless they can shot some one huh? Sounds about right.
>>
>>2253731
I’m just mentioning it because I thought that being near an industrial area means it’s not as nice as other places.
>>
>diy
100% bait thread, probably leaked from /pol/.
Nobody posts their location on the image boards unless the location is important to prove a point.
>>
Just like to the cops, it's so easy.

>hi 911 there's a violent drunk man in my yard.
>>
>>2253313
Straight up, a sprinkler on a motion sensor might be effective. Even if they're drunk/high/retarded they probably won't like getting sprayed with water and it doesn't necessarily induce a violent reaction the way that most active defenses would. Plus it's cheap, legal, and basically harmless.
Those things are still somewhat humanoid; they don't like getting sprayed with water.
>>
File: IMG_20211117_085037.png (1.94 MB, 1947x867)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>2253313
Random boards with nails hidden in garden bed where fence jumpers will land.

Silicone or cement broken glass to top of fence or on your side along the top so that when they grab the fence to jump they hit glass.

Barbwire.
>>
>>2253761
Our house was just appraised at $1.1 mil.
>>
harming them is gay
have you considered watering your lawn randomly at night with sprinklers?
>>2254173
insane, dumb, illegal
OP isnt fending off raiders and rule of law hasnt collapsed
>>
>>2254195

appraisals mean dick, especially right now with the rush to find housing.
Come back in 3 years after half of your block has been razed.
>>
>>2254207
>watering your lawn
this might work, the chinese government does this to keep away homeless from government buildings
>>
>>2253963
ITT Russian shit-poster forces known disinformation and propaganda memes to divide and demoralize Western societies.
[X] black men / white girls
[] brexit
[] canadian food prices
[] deep state
[] die for israel
[] draft our daughters
[] falsely claiming [insert target country here] glorifies nazis
[X] foment mistrust in your government/agencies
[X] hate against boomers, millennials, zoomers
[X] leave America
[X] lies about western nations
[X] never afford a house
[] release the memo
[] secession / balkanization
[] seth rich
[] smear or end NATO
[X] white supremacy
[] WWII nostalgia
>>
>>2253354
i've never understood this bullshit fucking rule for fences that are not along roads.
fuck you, i don't want to see my neighbors, i don't want my neighbors to see me.

this was about 60% of the reason we moved out to the country. privacy is so underrated in our society now, it's sickening. most of the houses we toured before buying land were surrounded by 2 story houses with windows overlooking the backyard.
>>
>>2253313
Plant a perimeter of blackberry around your fence line. It's an incredibly fast grower, pernicious pokey and because of how it grows if you land on it from hopping the fence, you'll get seriously stuck and fucked up.

Because it is a voracious grower you must stay on top of pruning it. Thick welders gloves with the gaiters are ideal. It will grow up to 5 ft tall and as wide as you want. Plus it readily sets root.

We bought our house early in the gentrification growth of this are and melanin enriched individuals kept hopping our fence. They stopped in a hurry once those bushes started filling in.
>>
>>2254259
Adding:

Make sure you get the wild varieties. The ones at the stores have been bred for their fruits and lack of thorns. I grew ours from cuttings of a couple particularly thorny wild blackberry on a nature trail near us.
>>
>>2254255

this is why ranch houses are superior
>>
>>2254173
>someone jumps your fence at midnight
>gets a hole in their foot and boo-boo on their hand
>they call the police with their iPhone 11
>you get arrested and charged
>while you're in jail and the city is tearing down your fence the original criminals come rape your wife and leave you with the bill
:^)
>>
>>2254259
Roses are good too, as are prickly pears, which can grow in basically any climate.
>>
File: ugogrl.jpg (45 KB, 500x400)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
It's >>2253754 again.
>>2253754
Half the dogs in the pound are shitbulls, the ratio will be higher in a shithole like SF. The point is paying bottom dollar for a disposable dog that goes barkbark at strange noises and scary enough to chase off the local vermin. You want to give money to a nigger? Go ahead retard, that dog will bite your nuts off as soon as you take it home. Fucking moron.
>>2253758
How can I tell you're a sub-6' manlet? Get your husband to handle the dog then, you pussy.
>>
File: cool_story_bro.jpg (54 KB, 571x570)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>2254195
That's just so the county can rape you with higher property taxes. I bet you look in the mirror and tell yourself you're pretty smart, huh? Sick brag, cool story bro.
>>
>>2253592
Fuck that's good

>Own store near riots
>Leave basket of black nerk guns without the orange tips near the exit
>Call the police saying you're trapped inside and everyone has a gun
>Make sure there are dogs around so the cops will show up for sure
>??????
Profit
>>
>>2253645
This is mostly true but Midwestern cities (disregarding Chicago, Detroit and Ohio) have some gems where there's low crime rates(low jogger count), low cost of living and blood red politicians across the board.

I own a house with a 2.5 stall garage in a midsized city where I can open carry without a permit and only paid 150k
>>
>>2254173
Youd be better off piling cement chucks wherever they hop the fence at into your yard so when they eat shit and break their ankle, you're not outright liable

I would just sit outside one night with a pellet gun and shoot them when they start coming
>>
>>2254593
>I would just
No you wouldn’t, if it were you, you’d be too passed out and drunk to even notice there were trespassers.
>>
>>2254596
The trespassers are often found unconscious but the cops won’t respond. Sometimes they come-to and start swinging and slashing when we try to drag them out.
>>
>>2254605
Why are you replying to a post that wasn’t directed at you?
>>
>>2254608
>Why are you replying to a post that wasn’t directed at you?
During your first day on the internet it would be a good idea to just lurk for a month or two and learn what is considered acceptable.
>>
>"I have this problem /diy/ what do I do"
>gets 30+ suggestions
>"nah, don't think I can do those"
Sometimes I think these threads are just fake
>>
Homeless hate cops. Approach one off duty and offer to pay him to basically hassle them in your area. The indigents will quickly respect your perimeter.

Alternatively, motion sensing sprinkler. Homeless hate being wet because it’s hard for them to get dry.
>>
>>2253313
Get a few other residents with baseball bats
Beat the shit out of a few of em
If they keep coming fucking shoot them lol
>>
>>2254629
Wow haha epic reply brother, you really showed him the score, that handsome devil
>>
File: SF bums.jpg (310 KB, 922x1391)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>2254664
>>
the problem is retaliation. anything you do, even if it seems accidental is going to be make you or your neighborhood a target.
>>
>>2253383
I live in a high-nigger area so a lot of people use corsentina wire, electric fences and shit like >>2253747 said.
>>
>>2253364
He was nicknamed the jogger, anon. As in, he'd go into stores, go through the whole oleomargarine, pocket whatever he could, then take off jogging. And police never did anything about him.
>>
>>2254720
The police here won't even talk to you if the theft if less than $1,000-.
>>
>>2254720
It's not a nickname when CNN reports that he "was peacefully jogging."
>>
>>2254726
But in looking into his past local stores had already nicknamed him the jogger. Prior to the shotgun grabbing incident.
>>
>>2254724
Any leads?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7acD4q0lp0
>>
>>2253357
place pit traps then..
>>
>>2253319
offer to fix them up for free
>>
>>2253319
>Some of the fences are in poor condition and the tenants don't give shit.
Appeal to the city for a capital improvement grant. Point out that it would save money on police calls. Get the end neighbors on board.
>>
>>2254647
OP is a fag from SF, he won't pursue any suggestion which doesn't involve sticking a homeless man's PP in his butt.
>>
>>2254889
Not everyone is gay in SF. He may well be a redneck transplant from Texas.
>>
>>2254897
What kind of Texan doesn't know how to deal with trespassers?
>>
>>2254926
Yeah you have a point.
They know how to defend a mattress.
>>
File: indian_territories.jpg (17 KB, 377x348)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>2254926
>>
>>2253313
Put up a fence. Paint the top with bitrex every evening until they stop fucking around. Wear gloves and a full face mask.
Works on raccoons.
>>
>>2253651
I had the honor of tearing down my first BLM sign last week in Stonewall. The shit is a cancer and its spreading, but I wont make it easy on them.
>>
>>2255009
>BLM sign last week in Stonewall
That’s in farm country. It’s over.
>>
File: king_of_the_shill.jpg (145 KB, 680x962)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>2254929
Based. Defending freedom and dumpsters since 2018.
>>2254930
Those are the people that lost their land to Texans. Try again, prairie nigger
>>
>>2253313
Shoot them
>>
>>2253737
"Bedroom" probably has a different meaning to city dwellers than you and I. Something more like "closet." Also note he avoids mentioning the kitchen/bath setup.
>>
>>2255249
>he avoids mentioning the kitchen/bath setup.
But that's also true for most threads here.
>>
File: 1635209148352.jpg (107 KB, 765x1024)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>2253453
it's illegal to discharge any firearm within SF retard
>>
>>2253318
>>2253323
>>2253324
What the fuck is wrong with you people. You're insane. None of you should ever be allowed to own firearms. Irresponsible, reckless, dangerous monsters, the lot of you.
>>
>>2255886
>people who want their family to be able to live safely and in peace are insane
Sure thing, bud.
If police won't do anything to get these vermin under control, it starts down a slippery slope towards less and less desirable options.
>>
File: 1637234306176.jpg (14 KB, 381x286)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>
>>2255893
>Killing people you disagree with is totally sane
>>
>>2255931
Anon, what do the cops do if someone disagrees with them?
>>
>>2255983
They let the cities burn.
>>
>>2256011
Probably because now they'll get put in prison if they try to stop fenny addicted counterfeiters who overdose in their custody

I'd rather have an overly forceful police force than jiggers that don't get kept in check
>>
>>2256021
Joggers**** sorry, autocorrect. Didn't mean to accidentally insult older woodworkers
>>
>>2256022
It would only be an insult to those morons who follow CNN and MSNB, because a court of law has ruled he wasn’t jogging.
>>
>>2253319
No if you shot one they would stop coming.
>>
>>2255851
It is illegal to discharge a firearm in any congested area, fuckface. Mitigating circumstances, you should look into.
>>
>>2255931
We're just having a disagreement about who's house this is. How give me your wallet.

Is that how it goes?
>>
File: op is fucked.jpg (87 KB, 699x572)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>2253313
get fucked techbro, no one wants you in the city anyway.

Besides you are living near hunters point - what did you expect. Be grateful it isn't like in the 90s when I was there. I'd also be sure you aren't fucking with gangs.

pic rel - heat map of shootings in SF last 5 years.
>>
>>2253695
>We hype Austin up for a reason
You have nothing to do with it, so don't pretend you do.

>containment
>has to move every few years to avoid it

you live in a trash state that was only relevant because of oil - like the arabs. Be grateful you have something else going for you.

Ironically, green energy might be your saving grace in 20 years. All that land filled with nothing of value holds a lot of windmills and solar. Of course in 20 years you'll be swamped with environmental refugees, f4 tornadoes ripping things to shit, coastal property sinking, 10x the immigrants from south america. enjoy your dustbowl, you'll have truly earned it.
>>
File: 1626804709285.jpg (154 KB, 525x680)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>2253313
Nobody knows they were there, if a body is never found no one will ever know.
>>
>>2256378
>you live in a trash state that was only relevant because of oil - like the arabs. Be grateful you have something else going for you.
Anon, your're describing SoCal. They just hide oil drills with fake buildings.
>>
>>2256378
All the oil in TX is out in the country.
We rarely have tornadoes in the state.
Solar and wind power is a meme. We can light off natty gas and make more power than we need, but you leftist faggots keeps saying how bad it is while begging for our money and energy surpluses.
>>
>>2253737
In the midwest I was looking at renting houses for that much
>>
>>2256441
Did you flee?
>>
>>2253737
In Charlotte NC you can easily rent a room for that price.
>>
>>2256387
the hobos are the murderers, big cross section between homeless and violent criminals
>>
>>2253313
>secure perimeter
>>
>>2256535
Sure, you can rent a room a lot of places for that price, but getting a one bedroom house/apartment rental is usually a different price tier
>>
>>2256425
>All the oil in TX is out in the country.
or the gulf, but that's my point. Once that is gone, Texas has what exactly? Sure you can frack for a while - decade or three maybe. Your best resources are under DFW I think - so that will be interesting.

> while begging for our money and energy surpluses
Sure, sure. Keep telling yourself that. Get angry about California too - with their higher quality of living, larger economy, higher incomes, better education, higher property values, better water resources, better climate, and a smaller border with Mexico. I guess you have more whites there, more natty, and more dumb ass hicks. And your shitty texmex food. So stay proud Texan! And remember what FOX tells you - California is a failing state! And of course all your major cities lean liberal. And the bigger those cities get, the bigger that sprawl the more you'll creep blue.

> while begging for our money
Didn't you leech like 1B in natural disaster aid from the federal government last year?

>We rarely have tornadoes in the state.
You had over 100 last year, the most of any state. Just sayin'. By density you are ranked 11th. So I don't know if "rarely" is the right word.

>>2256418
lol
>>
>>2256624
Good. Stay in California faggot. Fuck moving to TX, it's a shit hole.
>>
>>2256624
dis a good maymay
>>
Nobody is bringing up the obvious. Buy drugs and tiny bags. Make individual serving drug bags for the homeless. Use the treats to train your uninvited guests the way you train a dog. Not only can you train them to be quiet, but you can teach them tricks like standing upright.
>>
>>2256689
We’re trying to deter transients, not attract more.
>>
File: OIP (15).jpg (41 KB, 474x305)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>2256624
California #1.
At least the food is good! Live me some avocado toast
>>
>>2255931
Defending your God-given property is just and right.
>>
>>2256750
Op is a rent fag, he can’t afford land in SF
>>
>>2256759
We own the home, just trying to keep out threats.
>>
>>2256762
I'm impressed actually, what did you pay for it?
>>
>>2256777
$900k last year but the house was just appraised at $1.1 mil. So we got paid $200k to spend a year on pins and needles.
>>
>>2256868
whats the taxes a year 50k?
>>
>>2256869
If they own it outright, then they probably bought it a long time ago. CA has some law about where they can't raise taxes on homes or some shit iirc. That's why a lot of people don't move and just put up with whatever bullshit is going on in their hood.
>>
>>2253313
just make fence bigger than the neighbor.
>>
File: uioutiputttuuttt.jpg (32 KB, 612x408)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>2256624
>Texas has what exactly?
a billion businesses not related to oil?
also, how are you diy but you dont know about the texas cement/concrete industry. odds are your concrete foundation came from texas.

in that respect, isnt all of america living on texan ground, arent we all countrymen of the great state of texas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_hxE9hX2pY
>>
>>2257044
Property taxes in California are limited by Proposition 13, a law approved by California voters in 1978. The law has two important features. First, it limits general property taxes (not including those collected for special purposes) to 1% of a property’s market value. And secondly, it restricts increases in assessed value to 2% per year.
OP pays $9k/yr, increasing 2%/yr.
>>
Sprinklers
>>
Get one of those motion activated sprinklers and empty a bottle of deer piss into the end of the hose before hooking it up.
>>
>>2253722
>>2254079
>>2254207
>>2254654
>>2257256
>sprinklers
Landscape irrigation is currently prohibited due to the terrible drought. But will consider this on odd-numbered days if we get back to that.
>>
>>2253737
My first apartment was 400$ a month walking distance from a large park with a lake and dog area, supermarket, and decent food. Joggers and coastfags were flooding in when I left though.
>>
>currently prohibited
>It's illegal
>It's illegal
>It's illegal
nigga leave this shit prison
>>
>>2257747
As much as I hate the regs, living in a pesticide + herbicide saturated rural area would be much worse.
>>
>>2253313
caltrops. stop using your back yard its winter. spread caltrops. do not allow your friends / family to use the backyard and make them aware why.

if you look them up and cant fathom how to make one without a welding device then put nails in a board and cover with leaves. spread the nails so that you wouldnt step on more than 1 most likely. if lawenforcement asks say it must be waste from a small project at some earlier point or even say you dont know a neighbor might have thrown it in the yard
>>
File: 1637536950306.gif (1.07 MB, 150x200)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
>>2255886
Lol fuck off, you've never lived in an area where transients and inferiors roam around and do nothing but cause trouble. We live in a country where police are literally doing less and less for the average joe, they are more or less government sponsored corporate property and rich folk protection force.

OP, if you are serious, consider having everyone in your area hire a private security firm. It's what they do in some areas and a lot of 3rd world countires in nicer areas. Nothing will make you smile more than the private security tase some bum that thought it'd be OK to pitch a tent.
>>
File: 1617079216145.jpg (28 KB, 500x411)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>2253313
Kek. Imagine living around niggers.
>>
>>2257812
>living in a pesticide + herbicide saturated rural area would be much worse.
I think you grossly underestimate the amount of pesticides and industrial wastes you're exposed to as an urbanite.
>>
>>2253697
>don't fucking lump us in with east/west coast faggots, it's the califagians that are fucked in the head like OP
DUDE i just LOVE the hustle and bustle of the big city, it’s so DYNAMIC and makes me feel like i’m in one of my favourite TV SHOWS. you should totally come on down to my studio apartment, it’s got EXPOSED RED BRICK walls and everything, we can crack open a nice hoppy ipa or three and get crazy watching some cartoons on adult swim! and dude, dude, DUDE, we have GOTTA go down to the barcade- listen here, right, it’s a BAR where us ADULTS who do ADULTING can go DRINK. BUT!!!! it’s also an ARCADE like when we were kids, so we can play awesome VIDEO GAMES, without dumb kids bothering us. speaking of which megan and i have finally decided to tie the knot- literally -we’re both getting snipped tomorrow at the hospital, that way we can save money to spent more on ourselves and our FURBABIES. i’m fuckin JACKED man, i’m gonna SLAM this craft beer and pop open another one!!!
>>
>>2257812
>rural area
i mean change neighborhood
>>
>>2258106
The rules are the same all over town. And SF is one of the safer cities.
>>
>>2258251
>SF is one of the safer cities
LMAO
>>
>>2258425
>only 5% groid
Can your town boast a lower number?
>>
>>2258814
lol get the fuck outta here. all nigs come in from oakland and shit the place up royally.
>>
>>2258816
>Oakland
>26% groid
Can your town boast a lower number?
>>
>>2258814
My little community is 97.85% white, and I was shocked to discover recently that it’s .38% jig, so if I ever find the son of a bitch I’m going to have a chat with him.
>>
>>2258814
>The racial makeup of Carlsbad was
>87,205 (82.8%) White
>1,379 (1.3%) African American
>514 (0.5%) Native American
>7,460 (7.1%) Asian
>198 (0.2%) Pacific Islander
>4,189 (4.0%) from other races
>4,383 (4.2%) from two or more races.
>13,988 (13.3%) Hispanic or Latino of any race
This is also a city in California, FYI.
>>
>>2258814
SF is full of chinks, niggers, and human shit spread all over the place. Stop trying to church it up, faggot.
>>
File: hudVwhiteman.jpg (113 KB, 600x450)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>
>>2259076
0.34% negro here.... But only 86% white. Lots of mexicans around here...
>>
>>2253313
Generally you secure a perimeter with armed guards.
>>
>>2254207
>rule of law hasnt collapsed
>police refusing to come out to enforce the law
>transients allowed to break the law as much as they want as long as it's not violent
>>
>>2258814
>"As of the 2010 census, the racial makeup of the city was 96.3% White, 0.3% African American, 0.5% Native American, 1.0% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.8% from other races, and 1.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.0% of the population."
>>
>>2259376
FAKE
>>
File: your moms fake.jpg (37 KB, 525x248)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2259377
>>
>>2253313
Have you tried rakes?
>>
>>2255886
t. trespasser
>>
>cops won't respond unless there is a violent crime

Soo make it happen
>>
>>2260223
based instigator
>>
>>2260223
>not lying and say they are holding ak47s and glock 30s threatening your neighbors

hope they shoot in the standoff
>>
>>2260223
Just clandestinely supply the hobos with shotguns and sneak a rumor that one of them is holding.
>>
>>2253383
It's more to do with not fucking up paramedics who have to hop your fence to rescue you or revive you etc.
>>
>>2260507
That makes sense. A fireman basically destroyed my neighbor’s fence to get to a transient that was unconscious.
>>
>>2260223
Dangerously based
>>
>>2260507
Bullshit.
>>
>>2253313
>the cops won't respond unless there is a violent crime.
Well, commit a violent crime then.
>>
>>2253331
concertina wire isnt illegal
>>
>>2253313
Some sort of trap to immobilize and shock him and a machete (purchasable with cash at Walmart) are all you need. Have a 2x6x6 hole dug beforehand. In minecraft of course. Anybody who advises you to discharge a gun at such a short range against an unarmed trespasser in a heavily populated area is a moron.
>>
>>2253616
>Himalayan berry all climates
Bugs. Fire ants.
The hobos are going in the yards to sleep or get high and pass out. They wont sleep in a place where ants are biting their testicles.
>>
>>2253320
>>2253313
Rugosa roses. They're literally all thorn, but they also flower and provide fruits high in vit c.
>>
>>2257855
This is so hilariously self unaware, I have to comment.

>Complains that police are rich person protection force
>Gloat about hiring private protection force to assault people poorer than themselves

You love the system, you just wish you were higher up on the totem pole.

Sadly though, you are correct. As our rich/poor gap increases, you can look to latin america for how this will work. ultra rich use government for personal use. Rich use private security. This is why you see all those calls for socialism over the last 50 years in latin america, and why the US worked so hard to support the various banana republics and dictatorships down there.

The reality is you need to either placate or exterminate the lower classes. Society is in an ongoing balancing act there. Maybe one of these days the alt-right will wake up and realize that you can't be "populist" and "anti-elite" and still be "pro-corporate" "pro-military" "pro-police".
>>
>>2253318
>just fucking shoot them
Great way to have police involved retard.
>>
>>2261007
>alt-right will wake up and realize that you can't be "populist" and "anti-elite" and still be "pro-corporate" "pro-military" "pro-police"
>alt-right
I’m anti-populist, pro-elite, anti-corporate, pro-war, and anti-crime. Not sure what I am now.
>>
>>2257812
lol city people deserve every homeless that comes on to their property
>>
>>2261007
So you're willing to house all of the homeless In your house? That's great anon
>>
>>2261099
using anything other than a bolt action 22 with a suppressor firing 22 subsonics from an elevated position well within your dwelling.
>>
>>2253313
then commit a violent crime
>>
Build better fences and organize with your bloc to start keeping watch at night. That looks like 20+ houses, I'm sure you can find enough people to make a rotating guard patrol work.
I advise this because it will not involve police. The underage americans who advise shooting men on sight are retarded.
>>
>>2261007
>The reality is you need to either placate or exterminate the lower classes
This.

In the US, you can’t just exterminate an entire class of people. So instead, the rich people conspire (perhaps only subconsciously) to contain the poor in specific neighborhoods. Then at least the rich neighborhoods can continue business as usual while still allowing the poor to work. The trick is to not get the poor too upset so they don’t rebel and keep working their menial jobs that enrich to wealthy.

I live in a relatively wealthy neighborhood but I do wish there was a better middle ground where there wasn’t such a gap between rich and poor.
>>
>>2253319
fix the fences, adopt large dogs from shelters, put electric fence on the fences to protect the dogs from escape :^)
>>
>>2261264
>I do wish there was a better middle ground where there wasn’t such a gap between rich and poor.
I wish there was a larger gap, and it was legal for me to have the nouveau riche executed for stepping out of place.
>>
>>2253313
>. Looking for ways to establish a secure perimeter.
Put up signs threatening them with free vaccinations, that should ward off most of them. Works with the white trash in alabama, they worse than niggers.
>>
>>2261264
Poverty in the US (unless you're physically or mentally defective) reflects low intelligence and refusal to copy success.

If any of your hobbies and interests don't dovetail to empower your life (DIY is magnificent for that so do it relentlessly) they're shit to be discarded. All entertainment should be educational and mind expanding. Wasted thoughts are wasted life. Focus, attack and if your inner child/inner retard gets in the way understand that is a DEFECT to be purged or killed.

I'm old and have many genuinely disabledbros (we ALL get disabled and youth is fleeting so prepare with exemplary thoroughness or be fucked) who still do well because they're hardcore DIYers who help each other out. I'm also disabled (back, neck, shoulder, chronic pain so sleep-deprived for decades).

We solve problems by building anything we want and we're good at it because we chose to be.
>>
>>2253651
I think you suck cock out there because you are a self important blowhard faggot.
>>
>>2261394
>t. moved to Austin in the last 10 years
>>
>>2253433
lmao retard, that's what houses in cities look like
>>
>hate against boomers, millennials, zoomers
>no Gen X
I'm a zoomie, can anyone explain what sin Gen X did to be forgotten?
>>
>>2254590
Which city of county in which state?
>>
>>2259385
>2010
>>
File: IMG_0086-768x512.png (720 KB, 768x512)
720 KB
720 KB PNG
>>2253616
Absolutely this! In a year there are so massive vines with thornes..
Helped a lot with the trespasser problem around our house. No matter how drunk or in a hurry you are.. if there is a Blackberry Bush is in the way.. your path ends there!

Plant them in a dug up barrel so the roots dont get out of controll.. they will, otherwise.
>>
>>2260544
Why didn't those retards just walk through the gate?
>>
>>2253313
>cops won't respond unless there's a violent crime
move
I had 3 juveniles jump my fence on mischief night after they smashed one of my pumpkins and I called the cops and they got arrested. This is how things work in a normal society.
And before you say I'm being a boomer, well maybe but this was on the heels of major break-ins in the area a week prior and everyone was on edge.
>>
>>2263279
Same reason firemen smash your car windows to get a hose through. Or a government forcibly injects you. They don't give a fuck and are not liable for your shit in an "emergency".
>>
>>2254334
>prickly pears, which can grow in basically any climate.
Kek
>>
>>2253313
Big dogs.
Don't get pits.
>>
>>2253313
Make some pit traps fill with cow shit? No punji stakes, just cow shit.
>>
make lawn furniture out of copper pipes with custom heating wiring but dont wire it right so they shock on contact
see how many you can roast
>>
>>2262641
Blackberries can be sprouted by soaking cuttings in water for a few days until roots become visible. Then plant along fence-lines and side alleys for maximum deterrence. Also great for bulk-area denial that some folks prefer for their yards in vibrant communities.
>>
>>2263623
you need cats or predatory birds for the rats/mice that come and eat the berries
>>
>>2264090
No problem on the cats, the neighborhood is infested with feral cats. I'm glad they can be put to serve the larger goal of deterring feral humans.
>>
Set up nail boards, razor wire trip wires, get a high powered silenced air rifle, have fun with it .
>>
>>2253718
Columbia?
>>
>>2254605
Maybe make extra sure they aren't (and will not be) conscious for an extended period?
>>
>>2262601
Not actually exist. GenX is the smallest in terms of population, so is easily overlooked.
>>
>>2253313

Airsoft sniper them.
>>
>>2266875
no
>>
>>2256750
>god-given
xddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
>>
>>2262601
they get grouped in with boomers as their "generational culture" is being boomer runoff.
they are to boomer culture what the "tourist" is to 4chan, something that doesnt have its own identity, borrows elements of yours, gets it slightly wrong, but ultimately can't be considered anything else but "one of you"
>>
>>2253616

this
as a bonus you get berries, you can make jam
DELICIOUS !
>>
>>2253319
Late to the party but if you think you will have a transient issue after you pop one in your backyard for trespassing, you are wrong. If you body one, everybody will stay away from you.
>>
get a dog
>>
>>2253313
ever heard of bouncing betties?
>>
>>2256624
>Sure, sure. Keep telling yourself that. Get angry about California too - with their higher quality of living, larger economy, higher incomes, better education, higher property values, better water resources, better climate, and a smaller border with Mexico. I guess you have more whites there, more natty, and more dumb ass hicks. And your shitty texmex food. So stay proud Texan! And remember what FOX tells you - California is a failing state! And of course all your major cities lean liberal. And the bigger those cities get, the bigger that sprawl the more you'll creep blue.

If California is so great then why is everyone leaving?
>>
get some emus!
>>
>>2255886
>What the fuck is wrong with you people. You're insane. None of you should ever be allowed to own firearms. Irresponsible, reckless, dangerous monsters, the lot of you.
>>
>>2255886
plenty of other places for you to fuck off to, where you dont have to deal with us. i suggest london or brisbane :^)
>>
>>2267073
>Higher incomes
>Highest rate of people living below the poverty line of any state

Lmaoooooooooo
>>
>>2267073
>with their higher quality of living
yes, people pooping on the streets = higher quality of life
>>
>>2267073
>why is everyone leaving?
nobody's leaving more keep coming
>>
>>2253313
I think /k/ might have a better answer than /diy/
>>
>>2267042
You don’t understand how many we have moving through every night. I would guess at least 10 because you hear one crashing around ever 20-30 minutes. Often in groups of two because you can hear them yelling and laughing.
>>
>>2257898
I know this is pasta but it never fails to make me laugh. Those yuppie onions tryhard types are insufferable.
>>
>>2267678
Haven't they run out of stuff to steal?
>>
>>2253313
You already solved your own problem. You said the cops will show for a violent crime. Make one.
>>
>>2267932
Most of them seem to be looking for a place to pass out that's off the streets.
>>
File: (you).jpg (733 KB, 1210x871)
733 KB
733 KB JPG
>>2267229
>nobody's leaving more keep coming
>>
>>2267225
Are you retarded?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_poverty_rate
>>
>>2268030
>net loss of people in my state
thank god
>>
>>2268123
Typically if domestication immigration is negative that also means "international" migration is high, which translates to third worlders generally.
>>
File: file.png (872 KB, 760x496)
872 KB
872 KB PNG
>>2253319
>the tenants don't give shit.
Well then, secure your own backyard and fuck the other losers then.
>>
File: 1638724695660.jpg (30 KB, 321x320)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2261007
>You love the system, you just wish you were higher up on the totem pole.

Honestly, I fucking hate the system as it currently sits. You probably think I'm some bootlicker for wanting the police to actually do their fucking job and enforce basic laws so we can live in safe, functional communities where people work for a living and have something to look forward to, am I right? Everybody but the ultra-wealthy are getting fucked in the ass on a regular basis in the US, and average joes who work for what they have and spend money and earn their things should at least be able to enjoy them but frankly they can't as we see in this thread. I should be able to own a car without worrying it will get broken into or stolen for some methhead junkie's personal enjoyment, and I should be able to walk in the downtown areas where the cool bars and shops are at without having to worry about some raggedy ass drugged out homeless nutjob stabbing me or trying to fight me because he's decided he's the Sword of Micheal. I should be able to own a house without worrying about some transients shitting in the backyard, or passing out on the property, but these things happen here and the police don't do shit. It's the least we can do in this fucking clown ass country where random NPCs are now stealing from department stores en masse, car thieves, rapists, and other criminals are being let out of jail multiple times because we don't want them to get COVID, and where food, rent and medical costs are sky high.

So yes, I do think OP should hire some security becuase if the government isn't going to maintain the peace at an acceptable level, then citizens need to do it themselves.
>>
>>2253313
Keep voting in these woke politicians. You deserve your hellscape, enjoy it.
>>
>>2253313
The traditional solution THAT WORKED is have police beat the piss out of them, jail them for whatever and repeat. The lowest classes are stupid vermin not some noble oppressed strata, because if you're on the bottom of any society it's really your fault for sucking.
>>
>>2253313

motion activated high volume sprinklers. It that does not work or they break your sprinklers you have wait in the dark with and give them a serious tune up to get the message across.
>>
>>2268947
>beat the piss out of them
This still works and is sometimes the only way to communicate effectively with some people. Dress like a homeless person to blend in.
>>
>>2255886
When you were partying, I studied the blade. When you were having premarital sex, I mastered the blockchain. While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity, I cultivated inner strength. And now that the world is on fire and the barbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help?
>>
>>2254930
seethe harder, redskins got btfo by inbred canebrake Tennesseans and t*xans. when the indians had better gear.
or some kind of repurposed motel turned into crackhouse/whorehouse/runaway teenaged prostitute central joints.
>>
>>2269003
So Texans get the tranny "*" now? are you slurring them, or are you a texan that is embracing the globohomo order?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.