[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 91 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unnamed.jpg (83 KB, 512x357)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
How feasible would it be to find a small cavern or cave network and live in it full time? I was thinking of dealing off the entrance with a fake wall, which will of course be one of many investments to the palace of Golem.

- cave network
- concealed door
- ventilation?
- need a place to store my motorcycle

What else do I need here? I can roll a mattress in there no problem. I just want a chill space to eat snacks if ya catch my drift.
>>
>>2224417
Have you ever been in a cave? There small, stinky and dark
>>
>>2224423

So is your mom

>>2224417

Just squat in a mine in west virginia or PA. Dont go too deep and stay somewhere near a ventilation shaft.
>>
>>2224417
Really depends on the place the cave is but you're going to want a pretty good air supply system in any case
>>
>>2224417
Find one with a water source and it's possible that you could stay partially submerged most days.
>>
>>2224417
It's not hard. I know plenty of people that live in unknown caves. The hard part is the hydraulic doors but other than that the cave provides or so they say. Definitely a certain type of person that's into it.
>>
>>2224417
There's a reason we hunted troglodytes anon
>>
>>2224417
Absurdly unlikely. We need a board for idiot fantasies.
>>
>>2226183
> the cave provides
what exactly does the cave provide? I don't understand the benefits of cave life
>>
>>2226587
Rabies from bats and scurvy from malnutrition
>>
>>2226587
Nutritious yet blind insects and crustaceans will literally crawl into your mouth.
>>
>>2226183
>I know plenty of people that live in unknown caves
Haha, oh anon you kidder. There is no sizable population of people in the US who live in hiding in secret caves! That's just silly! I mean, how would they pay property taxes on hidden caves? How would they go to work or enroll their children in state-funded education? Let's be real here, there might be 1 or 2 crazy guys living in a cave somewhere, but there DEFINITELY isn't several million of us living deep underground in communal networks of caves, just biding our time until we're strong enough to emerge and reclaim the surface. Really, who would believe anything like that? But just for the record, caves are very dangerous. If you come across an unmarked cave, STAY AWAY! It could be full of poison or uh, snakes and stuff. Just please stay out of it, don't even stand by the entrance. And do NOT investigate any strange noises in caves, no matter how close they seem. Do NOT report any strange occurrences either, if you know what's good for you. Stick to well known caves to explore, you'll be safer that way!
>>
>>2226587
Nobody can hear them masturbate. Incels are weird about that.
>>
File: uncle-touchy.jpg (22 KB, 400x300)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>2226614
THE CAVE PROVIDES
>>
>>2226834
Caverns can carry sound for miles underground.
>>
>>2226614
>>
>>2226865
>THE CAVE PROVIDES
can this be a hot new meme?
>>
>>2226183
You had me at hydraulic doors. Go on.
>>
>>2226590
What is it about caves that don't allow you to eat?
>>
Remember cave dwellers drag their woman by the hair.
If you drag them by their foot they fill with gravel
>>
>>2224417
>find a small cavern
this is the hard part.
unless you're willing to pay an extra 350,000 you would need to find a plot of land that is small, for sale, has no house attached to it, and advertises the fact that it has a cave on it.

thats pretty specific.
your best hope is buying a disheveled house with a basement, getting a permit to fill the basement in with dirt, and instead, capping it with concrete.
>>
>>2226926
>buying a disheveled house with a basement
i meant to suggest you would demolish the house part... if that wasn't clear
>>
Yeah go live in a cave. Enjoy that Radon gas, and Silicosis.
>>
>>2226952
Made up words by glowies to stop people from living in caves.

People have lived in caves for thousands of years, dumbass.
>>
File: 1516844510804.jpg (47 KB, 650x427)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>2226952
>getting played by big Radon Mitigation Systems
get a load of this guy
>>
>>2224417
>ventilation?
Yes ventilation, cave living sounds great until you realize that commercially open for tourists caves and mines ALL have air they are constantly pumping in to the lowest point in the cave.

A person produces about 1kg of CO2 per 24 hour period, and toxic levels of CO2 are only 10k ppm(at those levels you'll start damaging your kidneys rapidly, 30k for quick death) this means if you find a 10,000 sqft cave with a 10ft ceiling, you'll reach dangerous levels at 33 days
>>
ITT fucking morons that don't know dick about caves
>>
>>2227298
These are fantasy threads not actual DIY threads and should be banned because they are not DIY.
>>
>>2227307
How is having a discussion about /diy/ projects not actually /diy/?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>2227311
These are dreams, not real DIY because they will not ever happen. They're like discussing stone castles in the sky. You don't get a pass for not understanding this shit does NOT get built.

They're the same as bunker fantasy threads. You don't have a cave or a bunker either so fuck off.
>>
>>2227317
Your take on whether people will be able to afford something or not means literally nothing. It especially holds no water seeing how bunker anon exists and has posted threads here.

So let me ask again.
>How is having a discussion about /diy/ projects not actually /diy/?
>>
>>2227322
>It especially holds no water seeing how bunker anon exists and has posted threads here.
True, but he bought a worthless white elephant that appeals to the vidya playing kids here, but is a joke to real people. Nobody wants an enormous damp concrete hole in a mountain. Nobody, including bunker anon who obviously realized what a mistake he made.

And all that crap about how wonderful it turned out but he can't post any more is bullshit. If they sold it they knew it was worthless in every way, including national security. So keep dreaming, children, but that's all it is. A dream.
>>
>>2227322
Bunker Anon BOUGHT HIS and is an extreme edge case irrelevant. You will never do it.

This is not a real DIY discussion and you know this. Show cave.

>>2227350
^^This.
>>
Not a caver butt I do have a gerbil named Spelunker
>>
>>2227350
Your equally worthless take on the value of bunker anons purchase also means literally nothing
So let me ask again.

>>2227354
Good, im glad you acknowledged that a famous poster on this board has done similar things this thread is attempting to discuss.
Your projections about others you know nothing about dont get to arbitrarily police this board.

So maybe you can answer
>>
>>2227358
Because no real DIY projects are discussed.

Show cave. Fantasy DIY is not DIY because there is no Y doing any sort of D'ing.

You won't. You can't. You and other fantasoids never will.
>>
File: _720x.jpg (58 KB, 720x481)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2227380
Close enough to the answer I was looking for.
Now how about going and reading the /diy/ sticky and seeing what it has to say about "ideas" and if they are allowed or not.
>>
>>2224417
It would be feasible where it's feasible. Best bet is something cool enough to keep your imitation crab meat from spoiling. Your door can be the end of the shipping container you use for the entrance which also provides a comfy floor and keeps water off your motorcycle.
>>
>>2227385
They're allowed but deserve ridicule. If you weren't autspergic you'd ridicule them too.

Why don't you?
>>
>>2224528
>you could stay partially submerged most days
That’s possible in any tub.
>>
>>2224417
There's a show called the boonies where there is some crazy bastard who lives in a network of caves
>>
>>2227380
Wrong
I remember a go kart being restored years ago
>>
File: what does the cave do.jpg (166 KB, 1026x579)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>2226900
>>
>>2227221
>>2226996
I know you are probably joking but you may not be so here’s some info. I’ve met a couple stupid old men who think it’s a scam. One was the guy I just sold my house to over the summer. He was actually my next door neighbor. His favorite pastime is getting drunk to unconscious in his hot ass garage with the lights out till we’ll past nightfall. You would hail him by peering into the darkness and calling out “Mike?”.
He informed me he was going to just disconnect the radon mitigation system in this new home he was buying for his mother in law.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/substances/radon/radon-fact-sheet
>>
File: 1633643669365.jpg (15 KB, 320x220)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>2227317
THERE SHALL BE NOT DREAMING IN THIS CLOWN WORLD!
>>
File: 4xdlcp3kal301.jpg (826 KB, 4032x3024)
826 KB
826 KB JPG
>>2227380
>>
File: THE CAVE PROVIDES.png (164 KB, 279x329)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>2227482
>>
>>2227234
Kek. Do you think caves have airtight doors or something?
There's constantly air moving in and out by diffusion and winds. The only important question is whether it's enough, but that's not that easy to calculate for a cave with a single opening (or multiple on the same height).
For caves with multiple openings at different heights, the air warmed up by the inhabitants rises and draws in fresh air. There exist rules of thumb linking the height difference to the number of people it can support, from back when mines weren't artificially ventilated.
>>
>>2227488
I was mostly joking, I have radon mitigation but I did a test a little while back and I still have over 3 picoliters in my finished basement I spend a lot of time in. not sure what else I can do at this point.
>>
>>2224417
The quest to become a literal chud continues.
>>
>>2227529
No, caves have airtight everything else and op is talking about sealing that up.

Air does not travel in and out of caves as much as you think, it is not like an above ground home, air stagnates. There's a reason why mines requires ventilation shafts and that is to create the airflow from natural convection that you were trying to alude to.

Homes heat up and cool down throughout the day and even they will become stuffy if you don't open windows(which is the feeling of low level CO2 exposure of around 1000-5000 ppm) a cave will not do that.

This is a passage about ancient Roman mines and ventilation, and since their main concern was silver mines which tend to also have other toxic gases as well, but even in those cases they had to cut massive horizontal shafts into the vertical shaft to force air movement, light fires at the bottom of the shafts to draw in air from the horizontal adits, or even place people to fan in air with linen.

http://earthsci.org/mineral/mindep/ancient_mine/deep-vein_mining.html
>>
>>2227498
It's actually pretty good art wtf lmao
>>
File: 1633868731395.png (217 KB, 350x282)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>2226830
Cave person typed this
>>
The dude abides, and the cave provides
>>
>>2227826
would
>>
OP if you DM me I'll link you to a forum for people who are doing this. There are more of us living in caves than you think. You won't find it on the surface web though.
>>
Why havent you dug your own cave out anon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VDSQCjbDJ0
>>
>>2228006
pm sent
>>
>>2224417
what about rain
>>
>>2227826
Wtf
>>
>>2226196
>>>/b/
>>
File: better than tires.jpg (35 KB, 598x502)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>
>>2228342
Lmao fucking shit. Imagine the leaks and the risk of collapse. Are you mad?
>>
>>2228342
How to commit suicide by CO2 poisoning by autist.

Chef's kiss. Get digging, autist.
>>
>>2226865
Me me want a Cinco Cave Home
>>
>>
>>2227497
Thank You
>>
Don't places like this flood rapidly during intense rainstorms?
>>
>>2227380
Whoa, deja vu
>>
File: platos-hovel.png (256 KB, 595x500)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>2228342
Improved the design slightly
>>
File: a better situation.jpg (37 KB, 598x502)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2228505
>>
>>2228478
>>2228554
Depends a huge amount on soil types (infiltration rates and field capacity mostly), height of the water table, and tunnel shape. Vietnam gets monsoon rains but due to their laterite clays and low water tables, flooding was never a serious issue in the gigantic hand-dug Cu Chi tunnel network. Fucking ultisols.
Whether it's lined (with spraycrete or something) can also be a factor. As long as you're not retarded, careful use of sumps and french drains along with intelligent placement and design could prevent flooding. Pumps are also not that complex. The steam engine was originally developed (in part) to pump water out of coal mines in bongland.
t. soil scientist who took a hydrogeology class once
>>
>>2228478
Flooding is ok so long is some air space is left near the top.
>>
>>2224423
>stinky
I did a lot of spelunking/speleology in my 20s and I was never in a cave that stunk. The smell like river water, dry dirt, or wet stone. None of those smells are strong or unpleasant.
>>
The number of illegal cavemen is much greater than zero, but there are groups and conflicts.
>>
>>2228647
What's the best way to turn a dry dirt field into a lush paradise?
>>
File: 1634147339870.jpg (74 KB, 637x712)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>2228006
I personally don't want to ever meet a fellow cave person, but that's just me here. Maybe the cave dwellers community is a good bunch to be around, but I have my suspicions.
>>
>>2229343
$4B a year from our tax dollars
>>
>>2229243
I want to know more
>>2229343
Depends on a yuge number of factors. What's the soil like? The climate, as far as max/min temps and precipitation? What was previous land use?
Look up the Miyawaki method, food forests, and permaculture earthworks (esp swales and keyline). Plenty of educational youtube vids on all those. Also look around for free sources of organic matter--anything from food scraps to livestock manure or fallen leaves. If there are plants growing there to capture them, adding them can really do a lot for a site.
>>2229347
could be comfy to occasionally get together for a salamander potluck but yeah, some privacy and solitude is definitely part of the appeal.
>>
>>2229366
Known public caves such as in national or state parks are already mostly occupied. So there are turf issues, especially of the Family is involved. Try to find a natural cave on private property, rich owners never go in them.
>>
File: convoluted but discrete.png (47 KB, 1011x506)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>2224417
realistically you need a fridge which means electricity but a generator isnt good because of fumes. if yu could find a place for solar maybe but you might have to do something interesting to keep it secret. this goes for any one who doesnt want to pay the power plants to sue solar
>>
>>2229394
It’s not uncommon to find a 38 deg F or less fissure that provides adequate refrigeration.
>>
>>2226834
>>2226871
>what was believed to be an unknown beast growling in the cave was actually anon wanking off
>>
>>2229683
I'm a silent fapper. As soon as you set foot in my cave, I'm already behind some rocks tracking you and fapping while doing so. If I manage to jizz while I'm within throwing distance, that's when I'll scream like a L4D witch and throw a big ole glob of jizz on ya. If that shit isn't enough to make you run for your fucking life then I don't know what is.
>>
>>2226196
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2229394
>realistically you need a fridge
I've live a full year without a fridge (not in a cave, in a regular appartment). You really don't need one.
>>
>>2229742
Did you spend more than the usual time cooking or were you mostly eating shitty pre-processed foodstuffs?
>>
>>2229845
Mostly eating at friends or finding food. Can't really cook in my space due to the lack of ventilation.
>>
>>2227801
You're exagerating. You can't compare a mine, with dozens of people cramped in a tiny space at the end of a long, winding tunnel to a single person in a natural cave.
I'm often in winecellars several meters underground, with the only air coming in through a single door and a corridor. Sure, they smell stagnant. But there's enough ventilation for several people, or several thousand liters of fermenting wine. Never even had my candle go out, much less suffer any adverse effects from CO2. unless OP's cave is just a man-sized hole in the ground, it should be comparable.
>>
>>2229850
>finding food
The cave provides.
>>
>>2229520
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>2229938
Caves can have some very cold areas, as cold as a fridge.
>>
>>2229943
Every cave I've ever been in has been a consistent temperature throughout it other than by the entrance. Can you provide a source for what you're saying?
>>
>>2229957
Which cave system are you interested in?
>>
>>2229850
>>2229845
I lived 6 months (May-Oct) in a tent with no refrigeration, cooking all my own meals on a wood stove. The trick is cooking smaller portions, and relying on staples that store well. Dried grains and pulses, flour, vegetables like cabbage, onions, carrots, parsnips, radishes. I was fortunate to have a small garden so I could supplement with fresh greens and occasionally tomatoes. It was about an hour round trip (by foot) to the nearest grocery store so I learned quick what worked and what didn't.
>>
File: old gold m ine.png (1.7 MB, 960x642)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
I wanna find/buy and old hard rock mine and live inside of it. Was a really nice bluestone mine in NY many years back that would have been perfect.
>>
How would you cook? It would fill with smoke. What about lights? What about bat shit everywhere? Just go live in your garage.
>>
>>2230091
Cooking is not necessary for the types of food found in cave environments.
>>
>>2230091
>chimneys don't exist
>you couldn't live in the cave and cook outside
>artificial light sources don't exist
>there are bats in every cave
You're retarded.
>>
>>2230077
There's thousands of these kinda mines in Nevada. Nobody has ever been caught living in the ones I've explored.
>>
>>2230111
Once you learn a cave, it becomes very easy to avoid human contact.
>>
>>2230112
>>2230098
Based cave-dweller, ascended.
>>
>>2230204
Humans are cave dwellers by nature, so these skills come naturally to anyone who tries.
>>
File: 1634134222468.png (85 KB, 909x947)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>2230112
I think it's more so that caves are also spooky as fuck, on account of the societal rejects that squat inside them. Don't worry brother, I'm not going anywhere near your cave. You stay in your cave, and I'll stay in my 3,000sqft suburban home.
>>
>>2230208
Do you navigate the long and jagged corridors of the cave via echo location, or have you developed heightened night vision abilities?
>>
>>2229884
Poisoning from CO2 is MUCH lower than what will snuff out a candle. Here's a quick guide based on my personal experiences working with CO2 back when I was in a medical research company that used CO2 for allergen abatement (meaning I was filling CO2 tanks constantly and under constant exposure to some extent) and I had a CO2 monitor on me frequently (including bringing it home and fucking around with it frequently)

>350ppm or 0.035%
Natural background, this is what it's like on a normal day outside. It fluctuates depending on where you are by a bit but always between 300ppm-450ppm

>1000ppm or 0.1%
Some more sensitive individuals will feel stuffy if around 1000ppm when in it for a while, in a sedan with more than 2 people this is the norm if you have moderate air movement and outside air on, also roughly what a normal wood frame house gets to when you sit in a single room for an extended time

>3000ppm or 0.3%
This is where I started getting mild headaches if in for more than a few hours. Turn to "inside air" in a sedan and it'll reach this level in about 5 minutes

>5000ppm or 0.5%
OSHA 8 hour exposure limit. If only for 8 hours this is still safe but if at this level for an extended time (days) it will cause kidney damage. After I insulated my garage, I found if I worked for about 3 hours, it would settle out around here with just me (this was a 2 car garage and I was the only thing producing CO2 in there) but I didn't feel any different than 3000 at this level. My guess is your wine cellar is around this

>10,000 ppm or 1%
This level will begin causing kidney damage at 8 hours per day (and why OSHA chose 5000) you will immediately feel this level. Put the covers on your bed over your head like a kid writing in their diary and it'll reach this level almost immediately, but it'll quickly go above this level
This is where OP's sealed cave will get with no ventilation.
>>
>>2229884
>>2230225
>15,000ppm or 1.5%
you feel like you're getting smothered at this level and major health effects can happen in a few hours.

30,000ppm or 3%
15 minute exposure limit for NIOSH, you'll start getting major brain damage if exposed to this level for too long. This level sucks balls you will feel winded for a day and can faint(which would lead to death if you aren't pulled away) we had a minor CO2 leak on our truck and it reached this level for about 10 minutes before I could reseal it. This is also the level of an exhale, so if you take a few minutes to inflate a trash bag, then exclusively breath that air in, this is what this level is like. Note that if you breath in and out of the same bag over and over it'll keep increasing which is why you would have to fill a bag, then use it as your inhalation source while still exhaling to atmosphere)

>40,000 or 4%
High chance of fainting. This is NIOSH's immediate threat limit and you are supposed to evacuate the area if it reaches this high.

>60,000 or 6%
this is when matches stop lightning (assuming CO2 source is direct O2 to CO2 like humans breathing or burning things)

>100,000 or 10%
You will faint almost immediately and die nobody will be able to pull you away in time and if they try they die too

>250,000 or 25%
This is when matches will no longer light if CO2 is from a direct source like fermentation, a CO2 bottle leak, etc. Where the CO2 is displacing all air rather than replacing the oxygen

>300,000 or 30%
You'll die within a few breaths, even if you are put on pure oxygen your body will never be able to expel the CO2 before brain death (and pretty much every other organ)
>>
>>2226830
>stalagmite hands posted this
>>
>>2229962
So that's a no?
>>
>>2230252
The temperature of a cave is primarily influenced by the environment that it is located in. This is because a cave’s overall temperature is determined by the thermal temperature of the bedrock surrounding the cave, which is influenced by the temperature of the surface environment. The hotter or colder the environment, the hotter or colder the cave.
>>
>>2230261
>>2229957
>>2229943
>>2229520
I am wondering wtf they are talking about here as well

Temperature at around 10-15M deep no matter where you are on earth come to around the average annual temperature of that area so unless you are talking about northern Canada and storing your shit in the permafrost layer you're full of BS

past that 10-15M point the temp INCREASES by about 3°C/100M
>>
>>2230315
Pic related
>>
File: 1617933939997.png (229 KB, 768x768)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>2230319
Oh shit bro I took heat transfer and CFD as well, sick heat equation, my guy.
>>
>>2230328
>Still can't show any kind of evidence to back up the retarded bullshit nobody else has heard of
>>
>>2230225
>Poisoning from CO2
Kek.
CO2 isn't even poisonous in the first place. In theory, it can acidize your blood, but that won't happen unless you're handling purified CO2.
While I don't have access to a spectrometer privately, going just by the volume of gas expelled from he tanks (which, admittedly, also contains some water vapor), the cellar would be filled completely with CO2 within an hour or so if there was no air exchange (~5m3 fermentation volume to ~60m3 cellar volume). Yet just by leaving the door open, the air stays breathable and you can spend hours in there without feeling dizzy, and union and insurance safety rules only state that I have to bring a candle or oil lamp with me. In Germany, which is propably among the most overregulated countries worldwide.

Also, since you seem to misunderstand: CO2 isn't what snuffs out the candle. It literally can't. It's the lack of oxygen, which is correlated to excess CO2 in most cases. Handling purified CO2 is completely different, and dangerous CO2 levels (in other words, blood acification) will never be reached naturally. You'd die from lack of oxygen long before.
>>
File: MUTHERFUCKINGCAVERAVE.jpg (70 KB, 398x467)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>2226900
I don't see why not
>>
>>2226952
I've been a limestone miner for over 15 years and never knew anyone that got that shit he will be fine
>>
>>2227317
Let me introduce you to autism bro. I got lost in a semi in a cave in 2010. Since then I've started 3 businesses and done real estate as a side hussle.

I mine all week and dig on weekends.

I've got roughly 500 square feet into a limestone ledge in my neverending dream home project.

Planning to dig a pool, hot tub, and put in a fake house so it looks like a normal house but underground. Already started the citrus trees and shrubs in a spare bedroom.

Don't let your dreams be memes anons!
>>
>>2227322
He's just an angry cuck that doesn't know shit about aerated concrete, preformed blocks for modern day castles, or other alternative buildings.

There's starving kids in Africa building mud huts to live in every day. No reason we can't do the same. My soil has so much clay I could probably build a dome home.
>>
>>2227350
A MASSIVE enclosed and climate controlled space. "Worthless."

Anon. There are literally MILLIONS of tones of pretty good looking rock in the pics I've seen alone. I sell truckloads of it for a living at 10 bucks a ton.

10 wheelers = 15 ton

18 wheelers =25 ton

Average 20 trucks a day in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere.

Rock goes on dirt roads, rock goes on lease roads, rock goes in concrete roads, rock goes in for all building basses, rock goes in basement cement, rock goes in driveways, etc...

And most soils just eat the shit out of it. Every year you gotta at least blade the road and fill in chugholes.

He bought a fucking gold mine if he can get crushing equipment into one of those bunkers.
>>
>>2229343
Wood chips. Look up land conservation on youtube.

Literal 3rd worlders with wooden tools turn deserts I to paradise daily.

Personally I've got a few acres and am replacing all native grass and trees with fruits and vegetables. Broadcast seeding and using whatever easy methods I find to harvest it all for seed to grow.

Grass lawns shouldn't exist. They were made by rich cucks who could brag about having usable land and not growing food on it.

Me and a buddy did an experiment last year. We bought around $1,000 of seed and planted it into a field and ignored it. It's thriving now. Tons of happy little critters and deer always in there.

Conventional farming has absolutely RUINED our nutrition and food taste. You know why store bought tomatoes taste like water? Some fucking cuck in the 70s discovered a genetic bastard trailer where a tomatoe will grow but never ripen. So you breed that with any other of the 200 varieties of tomatoe and you get a tomatoe that looks normal, shelf stable 3 or 4 times as long. And tastes like nothing because it lost most all of its nutrients. AND as a bonus the seeds dont grow. So you have to go to fucking Monsanto and pay out the ass for the seeds.

There's a documentary on it. I'm not looking it up because I'm triggered now
>>
>>2230219
Navigating the cave comes from memory. No cave is too complex not to learn in a few weeks.
>>
>>2230419
>>
>>2224417
You'll basically need to build a room(s) to keep everything from the cave out. Bats love caves, are loud as shit and will give you rabies. The cave floor will become damp and cold and the air stale. If you have the space, you could put a trailer I'm there (some construction companies and excavation companys do their office this way) but at that point you might as well just put a trailer above ground.
>>
File: 5qk2h7.jpg (71 KB, 666x375)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>2230419
>>
>>2230420
Tell me everything you know about limestone.

I love limestone.
>>
>>2230577
I would foresee any metal becoming extremely rusted in a very short period of time, due to the moisture in the air. Would you concur?
>>
>>2230432
Very interesting.

I do love grass, and overall greenery, but healthy soil is where it's at. Trees are fucking water hogs. I've seen a few videos where some guy rehabilitates a ton of dry land, and it usually starts with cutting down a lot of the trees. Also, having cows airaite the land is big, and another big one is making sure rainfall stays pooled up. Lots of times when it rains, the soil doesn't get shit hardly, cause everything that puddles together usually finds a way to make a stream, and that carries the sediments of the soil, and of course the water far away.
>>
>>2230609
Oh shit, it already has. I’ve never been present for the birth of a meme. It’s very exciting. This totally makes up for being 43 with a failed business, no skills, and no kids.
>>
>>2230733
Same same broseph. Ain't no shame. 90% of all small businesses fail in the first 5 years.

Statistically you are destined for freedom in 10 businesses and most ALL people aren't autistic enough to try 10 times.

I'm 3 down 7 to go yeeYEE!
>>
>>2230617
I forgot to add that the goal is to replant trees. But only trees that will grow in our zone and produce edible human food or serve another purpose like feeding animals or growing live trellis or something.

I don't need 300 random fucking cedar trees but they are fantastic for deer if I want to hunt. Prolific fucks take 0 care. I hate walnuts but black walnut is very valuable and I like squirrels.

It's just dumb as fuck I've spent my life fighting Bermuda grass for no reason...
>>
>>2230613
Yes but some is galvanized, painted, or otherwise coated.

You can very affordable diy strip any coating and then galvanize or copper and then nickle plate anything.

I've been working on a hot air spray gun for liquid aluminum. That an inch of melted bear cans would outlast 10 generations of you heirs.
>>
File: cave provides.jpg (11 KB, 300x300)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>2230609
>>
>>2230772
Flame spraying is very old news so if you want to do that there is nothing to invent but a wide choice of flame spray coatings.
>>
>>2230610
Well, first of all limestone is 100% homosexual. Lol.

Silicosis is basically cancer and I'll probably die of it. Works like asbestos and lodges into your lungs like huffing glass. Shit solidifies like soft concrete over time. Screenings is is wast product under $6 a ton here and great for building pads, filling holes in your yard, cheap movable weight, raising the ph of a farm field, mixing for a 3rd world building material, reusable concrete form, fill for any sort of land, geothermal bury rather than dig, fill plastic basketball goal weight, sandblasting but probably illegal since silica, greensand casting of metals, probably tones of other uses.

Smaller "washed" rock that is screened to size a second time and washed with water goes into concrete.

"Clean" is basically just screened and sorted rock. Good for pretty driveways or to use near the house so you don't track fines in.

AB3, road rock, and base rock of various sizes is good for building bases and "dirt" roads. Dirt roads just mean rock dust and agrigate. The actual dirt is scrapped off and used to reclaim land to pile rock on.

Shit has a PH off the charts. Been working on aquaponics and had to get a 6 stage RO/DI water filtration system and a water softener system.

Had the well tested and came back amazing. No filtration of any kind. Just a big hole in a limestone ledge. Showers take 2 times as long because soap turns into irritating slime forever but the best drinking water on earth in a county with record bad wells because oil drilling.

The only water you can see through in a 100 mile radius is at my quarry.

Probably going to hollow out a Boulder for a hot tub soon for lots. Color here ranges from blue/Grey shale type soft rock, to a pretty white rock that is great for driveways and concrete, to a brown/white color that is harder than Satan's fiery red cock for Joe Biden.

In 12 years I have found 2 interesting things. 4 tiny specks of gold or pyrite I wasn't allowed to h
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>2230609
FUCK YOU, LICK MY FUCKING BALLS, SCREENSHOT THIS. THIS WILL BE MY 15 MUTHERFUCKING MINUTES OF FAME MEME.

GONNA DO AQUAPONICS AND GET IN THE NEWS.

THE POND PROVIDES.

MY FAT GINGERBEARD REDNECK ASS CAN AND WILL BE A MEME YOU FUCKING USELESS KEKS.

AND THE FIRST THING I'M GONNA DO IS BRAG ABOUT MY NEETBIX AND BUNKER FROM MY BULLSHIT FAME.

LICK MY FUCKING TSINT YOU USELSS SACK OF WHATEVER SHIT EXCRETES.
>>
>>2230834
Well thank fuck because it's been an expensive and boring road man. I got shit I wanna do
>>
>>2230761
Well I also have a thin dick.
>>
File: dog.jpg (34 KB, 633x738)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2228006
>the surface web
lmao
>>
I really want to do this in australia and because I live in the blue mountains I have found secret caves but none of them are deeper than 10 foot. I have to carve them out further myself but it's basalt and granite.
>>
the cave provides. kek. ha.
>>
>>2224417
Just live in the sewer or metro
>>
>>2232030
Already completely full so be ready to fight.
>>
>>2224417
just buy one, but yes you can make one liveable. youll need to make steel elevated floors and put a roof over things you dont want getting wet at a bare minimum. you can use the underground river as a water source and sewer, just make sure that your sewer pipe empties downstream from your water intake or youll be drinking your own shit
>>
>>2232061
>ust buy one,
Sorry but looking to illegally (free) occupy with minimum of hassle.
>>
The cave shall provide
>>
File: The cave provides.png (3 KB, 209x264)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>2230609
>>
>>2230315
>>2230319
>>2230328
>Oh shit bro I took heat transfer and CFD as well, sick heat equation
But he could never wrap his head around the Joule-Thompson throttling process.
>>
Step one is to post about your plans to illegally occupy a cave on a public website that's regularly monitored by the government.
>>
>>2232121
Feds won't bother. As long as there is a single individual without any major following they wouldn't lift a thinger.
It's not like we even have resources fo chase around random individuals.
>>
>>2232121
>Thinking is now illegal
>>
File: nobathroom.jpg (217 KB, 650x703)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>2232127
>we
you will never be an FBI special agent
Actually, how hard is it? I honestly have no idea how selective they are.
>>
>>2232205
We'd love to have ya down at the agency. Trust me bro, being a fed is badass.
>>
>>2224417
About ten years ago or so they found a homeless encampment in some Kansas City caves where around 150 people were living.
>>
>>2232114
>Joule-Thompson throttling process
This has been keeping meat cold since before the written word.
>>
File: UnnagroundThread.jpg (3.84 MB, 3488x5380)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB JPG
I'm reminded of an earler subteranian thread from /k/
>>
>>2232045
I'm not shy for a fight. I'll be happy to see some bummers, maybe they will have the same will.
>>
>>2230850
Lucky. Out here where I'm at, we have granite and more granite. I love limestone. You are sitting on a limestone jackpot my friend. Enjoy it.
>>
>>2226196
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>2229343
Mycorrzial fungi and plenty of nitrogen
>>
File: CAVE.jpg (91 KB, 450x554)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>2226900
>>
File: CAVE PROV.jpg (47 KB, 540x525)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>2226900
>>
File: TCP.jpg (183 KB, 500x649)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>2226900
>>
>>2233275
>the cave takes away half your belongings
>>
What's amazing is how the cave really can provide for every single human need (pic) if you think about it. I can break this down in more detail of needed.
>>
>>2228006
Please send. I want to shun the light and embrace the earth.
>>
>>2233327
You will first shed your clothing completely, and venture into your nearest cave.

Warning: inside the cave you may come across a doorway with strange markings on them. Do not be alarmed, but do not pass through them or attempt to enter them. Those doors are the enterences to the reptilians cities.
>>
Imma just drop this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ner-AnCDuAs
>>
>>2233426
How do I find caves? I live in the Ozarks.
>>
>>2233613
Get a map of mines for your area.
>>
>>2233311
proceed
>>
Caves are a death trap. There's so much that can kill you. There's 82 different types of fungus that grow in caves. The bat shit drops into the water you're drinking and bathing in causing all sorts of diseases. Then there's the bugs. There's pill bugs and roaches and weavels and spiders and scorpions... Then there's the animals. I still have nightmares from the times the coyotes come swimming up into the cave from the river... Then there's tape worms, and hornets and wasps. It's always damp and you're never dry... I can go on and on. It really sucks.
>>
>>2233678
All of these things are avoided with a shelter inside the cave.
>>
>>2232240
Fucking kek gurren lagann tier shit but backwards
>>
>>2226900
/k/ did something similar with the unnaground
>>
>>2233692
>build a shelter inside the cave
Then why cave?
>>
>>2233826
This. Just leave your cave-house and get into the cave-cave.
The cave-cave provides.
>>
>>2233826
because drones cant see your house
if Ted Kazinski was smart, he would of build his shack in a cave
>>
>>2233833
does your cave-house provides, or only your cave-cave provides? also, does your cave-cave provides for your cave-house too?
>>
>>2233656
Where do I find a map of all the caves?
>>
>>2233946
You'll have to research it. Google, USGC, your library, period books and news articles, urban legends, word of mouth, etc.
>>
>>2233826
Caves will provide your shelter with a natural shelter. Your home will last much longer, will be temperate, and hopefully hidden and safe. Nobody in their right mind would sleep openly in a cave, for all the reasons you listed above. But hey, if you build a house inside the cave, then none of that stuff is a concern.
>>
File: iu[1].png (601 KB, 705x540)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
>>2226830
abundance of sissy porn and troon propaganda makes sense now
>>
>>2230861
You can buy flame spray torches used or new and you can buy wire feed arc spray outfits.

Always check industry when it comes to metal because all the low-hanging fruits have been plucked for your benefit. Not checking is a key noob mistake.

https://weldguru.com/spray-welding/
>>
>>2233826
>Then why cave?

Autism. Near zero Anons actually cave, but the dream of erotic unbirthing into Gaia's musky uterus is incredibly compelling. Best would be a cave with a railroad hauling intermodal freight so the containers of imitation crab meat are delivered direct then inserted into excavated cave walls. Underground rivers could be navigated in shipping container boats (called research vessels to facilitate crowd funding). SV Caver, anyone?

What sweet escape from a life of social and sexual fail to flee into Gaia's gash! No human maternal figure can cum close, and most Anons were birthed to single sloot slampeegs who can never compare to the rocky vagina of refuge.

Of course it would be cheaper to code a holocave and live the dream in VR, and someone surely will given the desperation on display here,
>>
>>2226830
>how would they pay property taxes on hidden caves?
>payment of property taxes as a precondition for living
Commies plz go home
>>
>>2233502
>Doing that work barefoot. Never mind steel-toed boots.
NGMI
What's he digging out anyway? Looks like this was once a full basement (judging by the walls) that someone filled in with construction rubble (buried rebar).
>>
File: Thailand-cave.jpg (40 KB, 750x563)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2228174
>what about rain
Not a problem
>>
>>2234071
Probably a crawl space for utility access under the concrete floor but has not been explained. It's not a basement as there's no floor. He digs a well or sump pit at some point.
>>
>>2234071
>>2234110
Digging around in rubble is not a proper cave.
>>
>>2226196
>>>/diy/
>>
>>2224417
Silly anon, houses are just above-ground artificial caves. You probably already live in one.
>>
>>2226926
>pay
>for sale
>permit
I think you're missing the point.
>>
I was very happy to get to experience this thread. Cave is love, Cave is life.
>>
>>2234228
Any hole in the ground is a 'proper' cave my dude. Are you actually going to try to gatekeep caves?
>>
>>2234289
>dealing off the entrance with a fake wall
Yes.
>>
>>2234255
even if you can hide the cave how will hide your comings and goings
you're not going to jizz and poop in the cave are you?
>>
>>2234305
>dealing off the entrance
I'm sure whatever you were trying to say made more sense in your head.
>>
>>2229203
have you? because caves are full of bats that shit all over them and no one ever cleans it up
>>
>>2234348
Ummmm, no. Not all caves have bats and very few have bats in the quantity needed to cover the floor in shit. Shit also biodegrades rather quickly.
>>
>>2234344
Sealing
>>
>>2234348
I have been in over thirty undeveloped karst caves and have only once encountered bats. There was no guano below their roost that I remember.

I've been in Mammoth Cave twice, which has so many centuries of bat guano accumulation it was mined for nitrates during the Civil War. It doesn't smell like anything but deep earth.

Your imagination is not reality. You live entirely inside your own mind.
>>
>>2233327
https://mobile.twitter.com/soilbrah/status/1416556279846289409
>>
>>2227418
Apparently we're both spoofing the same IP address because.your posts all give me an unearned (you)
>>
>>2235116
>unknowingly inhabiting the same cave complex
>>
File: download.jpg (34 KB, 900x506)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2235116
(You)'s don't work off IP. They're cookie based. Key's are 4chan-track-board-postid.
>>
>>2224417
it has been done before, just read this towns history, two aussi boys just started digging
>>
>>2233835
His shack had nothing to do with getting busted, his brother ratted him out.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.