[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

> Home Depot
> Lowe’s
> Menards
> Ace Hardware
> True Value
> Tractor Supply Co
> Walmart
> other
Discuss
>>
I feel like more people live around lowes or home depot. Id have to drive further to get to a smaller store with a fraction of the tools/equipment id need. The people who work at ACE are a lot more knowledgeable than a big box store employee
>>
>>2206156
True Value, and Fleet Farm are good.
The rest are overpriced garbage. Especially Ace.
True Value is overpriced too on many categories, everything there is a bit more expensive than Menards, but at least the people working there are knowledge, and make good customer relationship. I will gladly pay more there, and sometimes they do have great deals, or prices even with online buying.
All other big box stores are full of morons who are nowhere to be found when looking for help.
That being said, I still will never buy battery packs, big brand tools, or some specific items in retails stores. Shit has a 50% markup over online shopping.
>>
Harbor Freight Tools.
>>
Harbor freight has better shit but as someone that works at HD id say its pretty good. better then lowes. there was one hardware store that to be around a year or 2 ago and it was more specific and shit. only been in there twice but I wish i did more. forgot the name of it.
>>
>>2206166
>Depending on store employees for knowledge
ngmi
>>
>>2206156
Home Depot because they sponsor a cool monster car.
>>
menards is based for materials but I would never buy a tool from there, they carry only the most dumpster fire-est of chink bullshit
>>
>>2206156
Here is the order I usually go in.
>menards > regional farm store 1 > regional farm store 2 > ace > lowes > tractor supply > home depot > harbor freight
I dont live near any TrueValues or Do-It Bests anymore, but they both suck dick so its not a big loss.

Of course I know what store sells what, so if a particular store has a lot of a particular item I may just jump right to it.
>>
>>2206156
HD because I bitched at them and got a $50 gift card when the website said item in stock and it wasn't.
>>
>>2206156
Sorry cunt but I don't see fucking Bunnings and a power gap at the top of that list. Sausage sizzles are just the beginning.
>>
Bunnings, you burger cunts.
>>
File: 549Storefront.jpg (235 KB, 1500x645)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>
File: 1631582849047.jpg (145 KB, 960x639)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
Only answer
>>
>>2206167
>That being said, I still will never buy battery packs, big brand tools, or some specific items in retails stores. Shit has a 50% markup over online shopping

What online stores have these magical deals?
>>
>>2206156
>Go-to home Depot
>Ask for something
>Told which aisle, which side it will be, and someone will be there to help with any questions
>Go-to Lowes
>Ask for something
>"Huhmm, I'm not sure" radios question to other employees
>No radio response
>Points to other end of store suggesting an area to find it
>Go to area
>Can't find item and no one asks if I need help
>Leave

Lowes is the walmart of hardware stores
>>
>>2206156
Ace is what I go to when I need it right now since they're closest. Lowes and Home Depot interchangeably. Depending on what I'm doing. I also go to my local farm stores. D&B Supply and the Valley Cooperative.
>>
>>2206644
You know, anon, Lowes and Home Depot both tell you where things are on their website. You don't have to ask an employee.
>>
>>2206199
>Harbor Freight has better shit
Than what, an outhouse?
>>
>>2206509
TSC isn't even a proper hardware store. They're a shitty feed store that sells lawnmowers.
>>
>>2206648
If you know what they're called. I needed a new hose spigot and looking that up on Home Depots site didn't bring up squat. Apparently it's called a sillcock.
>>
File: sillycock.jpg (23 KB, 727x330)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>2206662
Is it really that hard to walk up and down the plumbing aisles?
>>
Honest answer for me is True Value because Poppy at my local store has every part I've ever needed and can tell me exactly what's wrong any time I've ever had a question. Crazy ancient Polish dude.
>>
>>2206666
It was difficult at home depot, couldn't spot them, went to Lowes and walked down the plumbing aisle and they were right there. Home Depot is for spics anyways.
>>
Menards was my favorite but I haven't been back since they mandated cuckmuzzles.
>>
>>2206644
>no one asks if i need help
why dont you ask them yourself then you lazy retard
i hate it when im trying to mind my own business and an employee pesters me, it's because of people like you, kys
>>
>>2206601
not op but pre pandemic i was able to get a cord less craftsman V20 impact and a battery for $100 at NAPA
same impact now retails for $189
If you need something immediately and don’t have time to wait for it, Amazon is usually a few dollars than a big box store, but you’ll wait a few days for whatever you wanted to buy
>>
>>2206650
Fuck you on about? They got all the shit I need to maintain and feed my horses and field slaves dumb cunt. Most certainly is the best hardware store. Ace dun sell salt licks for the cotton pickers
>>
>>2206672
i can’t wait until they hold people like you down and inject covid vaccine right into your balls
>>
>>2206463
What kinda pool you have mate
>>
>>2206820
You can't buy 2x4s, shingles, cement, or bricks at a TSC. Salt licks and cattle panels are feed store tack. A hardware store they are not.
>>
File: depo ca.jpg (127 KB, 960x686)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>2206318
They don't sponsor it, it was built by a white supremacist.
>>
>>2206858
literally owned and built by a black guy
>>
>>2206837
Masks are for asbestos and compressor-less paint guns, not meme virus that kills just 80 year olds that should die anyway.
>>
>>2206858
You mean a based black guy
>>
>>2206156
If I catch your ass inside Menards without a locked ball hitch i'm gonna steal it.
>>
>>2206864
if it could just kill the 80 year olds and leave my tastebuds alone that would be great. inability to taste anything for months is not cash money
>>
>>2206892
How many jabs in are you?
>>
>>2206894
>jab
Why do mentally ill people say this?
One.
>>
>>2206892
This allowed me to eat food my sister makes.
>>
>>2206679
This. I love the Lowe's in my town because none of them care at all. I don't even get a hello, they're too busy helping stupid people or stocking. I just wish mine had more self checkout lanes. I actually wish everywhere had self checkout lanes, that'd be incredible
>>
>>2206845
>You can't buy 2x4s, shingles, cement, or bricks at a TSC. Salt licks and cattle panels are feed store tack. A hardware store they are not.

The fuck is that your litmus test? 2x4 and shingles? I can get cement for posts and bricks at my tcs. Tack is for my organic hardware. It's a hardware store bitch city boy.
>>
>>2206895
>Why do people say this?
It is customary to use new words for new things. For some reason they re-defined the word "vaccine" to include mrna and people don't like word games.
>>
>>2206923
Please tell me what part of the definition of vaccine specifies the technology used.

I didn’t receive a mRNA vaccine, anyways.
>>
File: change.jpg (85 KB, 835x955)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>2206926
>>
>>2206926
Did you loose your sense of smell before or after jab?
>>
>>2206938
Before. Vaccine side effects were fine, I just felt like I went out for drinks with Bill Cosby for a couple hours and then I was good.
>>
>>2206601
6amp hour battery 100 online, 160 at most retailers.
>>
>>2206945
Gonna booster?
>>
>>2206955
I don’t think boosters are recommended for the traditional non-mRNA vaccines.
>>
Definately HD. Was there today to pick up 2 bundles of shingles and stacked them in the cart. At the checkout, I smiled at the chubby cashier with big glasses and she blushed. I walked out of there thinking, "that cost less than I expected." I looked at the receipt and it only showed one bundle. I drove off.
Lesson: flirt with less attractive cashiers.
>>
>>2206156
> Menards
> Ace Hardware
> True Value
> Tractor Supply Co
> Walmart
> Home Depot
> Lowe’s

Fixed it for you
I've only ever found one thing Hoe Depot cheaper than Menards
Their selection is trash, orange is trash, their prices are ridiculous

Don't even get me started on Blowes
>>
>>2206887
Outside of Chicago and Minneapolis, that doesn't happen
>>
>>2206920
>It's a hardware store bitch city boy.
I own a farm. There are four ordinary feed stores in my town, as well as a TSC. You are a suburban cowboy, dude.
>>
File: 1631643909709.png (231 KB, 575x532)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>2207006
>>
>>2207016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tractor_Supply_Company
>The livestock and pet products category accounted for 47 percent of the company's sales in 2020
It's a fucking exurban Petco.
>>
>>2206762
I have gotten burned on amazon buying Milwaukee "12V Fuel Impact Drill" which had a fake serial number and died after a few weeks from a shitty chuck.
>>
File: 1631644993627.gif (1.11 MB, 220x174)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB GIF
>>2207023
Yet I can still buy chain and rope by the length to maintain my organic hardware
>>
File: mrna.png (156 KB, 770x953)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>2206933
Science has this wonderful concept of expanding understanding based on new info.

mRNA vaccine technology has been an actively funded research topic since at least 1990.

https://www.nature [.] com/articles/nrd.2017.243
>>
>>2207034
You shouldn't chain up your children, anon. It's wrong.
>>
File: herd imm.jpg (95 KB, 843x983)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>2207035
>expanding understanding based on new info
Science is also great at creating new words for the new inventions and discoveries. No one is calling a computer an abacus. Only in covid are these types of word games being played. Why?
>>
>>2206156
>> Home Depot
>> Lowe’s
Same store. Different colors. One carries Ryobi, the other doesn't.

>> Menards
Never been in one.

>> Ace Hardware
>> True Value
Basically same store. Ace is slightly better if you're looking for specific replacement screws/nuts. Quickest place to get key dupes.

>> Tractor Supply Co
Haven't been in one but there's one nearby. Stuff online looks overpriced.

>> Walmart
If I need masking tape, super glue, or motor oil and this is closest on google maps.
>>
>>2206837
Stop dragging politics into everything loser.
>>
>>2207076
Why would you buy Ryobi over Kobalt?
>>
Lowes and HD are the same, but gendered. Lowes is unironically more focused on women. I used to sell to both.

Ace is cozy.
>>
my mind is blown that neither HD or lowes have long, fully-threaded socket cap screws. i thought this was a common item
>>
Ace is the based choice
>>
>>2207383
My Ace has bait. I change my answer to Ace.
>>
Local hardware store>>aubuchon>>>>POWERGAP>>>ace>homo depot>>lowes>>everything else>7/11>tractor supply

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.