[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: PFVice.jpg (146 KB, 850x479)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
The man can do no wrong

He literally cannot miss
>>
He should talk a lot less and keep his ugly mug off screen.
>>
clickbait garbage and none of his tests provide pertinent information for typical use cases.
>>
>>2194825
>Amount of force it takes to torque a bolt out of the jaws of a pair of vice grips is isn't pertinent
>>
>>2194835
seethe patreontard.
The guy literally grifts aspies like you who have no idea how to use tools.
>>
>>2194854
Seethe wageslave. PF is living the free life, farming and fucking around with tools.
>>
>>2194868
>no u
kek imagine living vicariously through a youtuber who lives off donations from literal retards.
>>
>>2194825
>high quality bait, guaranteed great hooking!
>we’re gonna test that
> made in Mongolia with weaving components
>>
>>2194803
Ended up going team red due to this guy. Gave all my yellow away to friends and family.
>>
>>2194925
>he doesn't make his own electric tools
>>
>>2194925
>spent a lot of money on new tools for marginal differences.
>>
>>2194854

How is that a bad thing
>>
>>2194825
You are a liar
>>
>>2194803
His level of autism, is the right autism.
>>
>>2194803
He is extremely hit and miss.
The vise-grip comparison was one of his better ones.

I wont lie, I did actually notice that you didnt post a Project Farm thread last week when he did the Marine oil video.
kek
>>
>>2196611
Shit, I'm slippin'
>>
>>2196616
>Shit, I'm slippin'
No, you didnt want the barrage of hate coming at you because the video was dogshit
>>
>>2194903
heh
>>
>>2194825
what in your mind is a typical use case that he should be testing instead?
>>
File: tism_more_sex.gif (9 KB, 513x477)
9 KB
9 KB GIF
>>2194885
> a youtuber who lives off donations from literal retards.
> a youtuber
> lives off donations

ah, see this is how we know you're full of shit.
>>
>>2199195
I mean he isnt completely wrong, this guy shills for his patreon pretty hard
>>
>>2199195
They make about $3 per 1000 views on average. So yeah that's 3 grand per million views and he puts out a video a week
>>
>>2199213

shills hard? you must not watch much different content, or you don't watch his videos really. His shilling is absolutely meager compared to most, or compared to the in-video paid endorsements of most. He does what, maybe 20~30sec at the most at the very end of the video, and no outside endorsements. But if that's a hard shill to you, okay.

>>2199262
didn't say he didn't make money. But its bullshit if you assume he's living off it, he's already living off of his actual farm before he started throwing down these vids. Just a quick view on socialblad shows the growth of subscribers is pretty steady and organic when graphed, no obvious signs of shenanigans or one particular viral breakthru.

now, if the criticism had been of the actual videos, which there's plenty of room for in a couple of the ones he made at least, then we got something. But that other shit just sounds like typical sour grapes towards successful channels.
>>
But why does he laugh?
>>
>>2199262
My friend does youtube for a living the amount of money per 1000 views is drastically different between youtubers but is primarily based on content produced. his videos arent even close to being advertising safe and he still averages about 12$ per 1000 views i couldnt imagine the money pf gets
>>
>>2194825
Festool hands wrote this post.
>>
File: Brita.png (3.6 MB, 1995x1073)
3.6 MB
3.6 MB PNG
>>2194803
He sure is doing a lot more rehashes and filler episodes than he used to.
Water filter pitchers?
Really?

Everyone who doesnt live in a trailer park has a refrigerator which has a filter.
Nobody buys the actual pitchers.
>>
>>2200134
>having a complex refrigerator that creates more liabilities
I bet your washing machine also doubles as a percolator.
>>
>>2200166
Having ice and a water dispenser in your fridge has pretty much been standard for the last 30+ years.
>>
some of his reviews seem good
i did buy a hole saw that won one of this tests and it was complete dogshit compared to the lennox ones I usually use
>>
>>2200172
for cucks who lose out on sqft/$ of fridge space
>>
>>2200172
I hate those kinds of refrigerators. I have an RO system and then I put it in a bottle in the fridge.
Seeing people use those dispensers makes me thing of a hamster.
>>
>>2200412
>not piping your RO into fridge and getting the bypass filter
>RO ice
>RO water at the door
NGMI
>>
>>2200417
I don't use ice either. I have trays but there's no point, I never need it.
You sure you're not part rodent?
>>
>>2200419
>no ice
>gross RO water
You're weird and I do NOT want to come over to your house.
>>
File: 87568769877687979.png (344 KB, 517x574)
344 KB
344 KB PNG
>>2194825
Obvious bait, but some cunt will mistake this for real.

Of all of the people who do any sort of reviewing, especially for auto/mechanical/diy, he does the most scientifically rigorous testing an amateur could probably do with available tools, and they prove things conclusively. So now we have, say, videos that document which double sided tape is best for shear or pull, and we can tell boomers to shut the fuck up when tell us that "They don't make motor oil like they used too" becuase he tested NOS Vintage Motor Oil against modern oil of the same type and it cleaned its clock.
>>
>>2194816
ad hominem

>>2194825
angry jealous trolling

>>2194854
wishes he had a successful youtube channel

>>2200405
unverifiable blog post
>>
People who trust this guy's tests are literal retards.
He's a troll.
His "tests" are a troll.
If you watch one of his shows and don't notice the details that make it a big troll, congrats retard - you got filtered.
>>
>>2200172
i'm pretty sure they meant the extra water line for it, which is a liability because its usually a shitty install/tap, and water causes the most homeowner damage
>>
>>2194803
Solid videos if you're ready for a dry analysis of which thing is best
>>
>still no plywood vs osb.
>>
>>2201245
Any mechanic worth their salt will tell you the things that got better and worse. Oil got better. Car paint got better. Bumpers can't be bumped anymore without screwing everything up, but you died in the old cars that did have good Bumpers.
>>
>>2201279
niggers like you tongue my anus
>>
>>2200134
fridge filters are trash, and are hella expensive
>>
>>2201406
OSB wins, it's oriented on 3 axes
>>
>>2202084
I think you mean axles.
>>
>>2201419
>t. filtered midwit
>>
>>2201647
Yet you think that a 20 dollar brita filter thats 1/4 of the size is going to be better?
lel
>>
>>2194803
who the fuck is this homo
>>
>>2202158
He is /diy/s favorite LGBT Tool Reviewer on Youtube.
Loud and Proud, loves amazon private label tools and oil comparisons.
>>
>>2194903
Kek
>>
>>2194803
i have never bought anything that have won his tests. Not that I don't trust them but when I'm at the store it's not that I think, "oh shit what did that youtuber say about these"?
>>
>>2201406
>using anything other than solid wood
Yikes
>>
>>2202140
they are about the same at filter, except the britta filter doesnt cost me $60
>>
>>2202401
You can easily buy offbrand 20$ fridge filters, but then you get Brita quality filtration which plug up and need replaced in 1/4 of the time of a quality filter.
>>
Every once in a while I'll find a comment by PF on a random video. I know I just saw one on some medeco lock comparison vid.
He's doing useful stuff for the most part but I just wish his vids were more than reading spreadsheets out loud. Color commentary for the video, video for the proof of testing, data for excel.
>>
>>2202405
my fridge needs a new filter. $64 at the store + tax, off brand amazon filters are filled with shitty reviews. even oem filters many reviewers claim its a bootlegged.
in the meantime i go to Costco, and buy a 10 pack britta filters for $40.
>>
>>2203080
>off brand amazon filters are filled with shitty reviews.
Yeah, because they suck dick and are on par with brita filters
>>
File: average redditor.png (14 KB, 500x590)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>I just wish his vids were more than reading spreadsheets out loud
>>
>>2203106
Project Farm is reddit incarnate
>>
File: RedditFarm.png (2.43 MB, 1602x901)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
>>2194803
Lets all say the thing together
Ahem
>"We're gonna test that!®"
>>
>>2200172
I know of nobody that has either.
>>
>>2199262
its gotta be more than that
that cringe retard steve terryberry gets like 300k views per video and he puts one out once a week and he had a video of him in his new house which was like a 5 million dollar place
>>
>>2200172
>Pay more for less refrigerator space! Who cares if you have a sink literally 2 feet from your fridge, you need a water dispenser in the door! No, you can't just put an inline filter under your sink to get the same water quality! What kind of retard gets ice from their freezer? Get it from a dispenser that will break in 5 years when it's out of warranty, and it can't be repaired easily!

Refrigerators have a near infinite service life minus an easily replaced compressor motor; the only reason all this fancy shit is being put into them now is because it makes planned obsolescence so much easier. It's superfluous and wasteful, but novel enough that people don't bother to think about the reasons behind it.
>>
>>2201250
Faggot
>>
>>2200134
> Everyone who doesnt live in a trailer park has a refrigerator which has a filter.
I went to college in a cheap area with water so high in iron that it would be illegal in most of the world. Installing a new fridge would've been moronic since I was only living there for 9 months. A $15 water pitcher for good-tasting free water? One of the best decisions I've ever made.
>>
>>2203173
>im poor

>>2205606
>im really really poor

>>2205758
>they are great for poor college students

Sensing a trend here.
>>
>>2205758
>free water
somebody was paying for it
>>
File: wonderful-awful-idea.png (903 KB, 1354x432)
903 KB
903 KB PNG
>>2200134
>>
>>2206407
post bank account balance with timestamp larping faggot
>>
>>2206407
I only know poor people with those fridges. These are also the people who constantly buy crap and produce the largest amount of waste.
Yes I am friends with those people but there lifestyle is just disgusting.
Everyone I know who has some kind of money is buying reliable and good quality stuff thats lasting for years.

Also in germany fridges with filters and ice dispensers are rare, we have filters in our waterline or water filter pitchers to not fuck our coffeemachines
>>
>>2202370
Let me know when you come across a 4x8 sheet of solid wood.
>>
>>2203173
>lives in a trailer park
>>
>>2194903
hew hew hew
>>
File: sweat.jpg (185 KB, 461x1008)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>2209560
>>
File: ttc.jpg (12 KB, 246x138)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
torque test channel is just as great
>>
>>2209591
Kek
>>
He just uploaded a tire repair kit and I was thinking how is he going to test a highly situational event accurately, but then he put 100 holes throughout each tire and tested that. He just keeps nailing it!

This post is only for entertainment purposes. If you rely on the information portrayed in this post, you assume the responsibility for the results.
>>
>>2211041
>put 100 holes throughout each tire
>keeps nailing it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.