[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: iu[1].jpg (29 KB, 474x312)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Are the people that first build a house always bagholders or soemthing? Looking at construction quotes, it'd cost twice as much to build a house now as it would to buy the same floor plan as an existing structure, even at current inflated market prices.
>>
Construction is stupidly expensive right now. It's even more inflated than the market for already built houses are. Nobody who cares about the money is building anything right now.
>>
>>2167739
we built our house in 2019 on some forest land in western OR

land: 60k (3.6 acres)
site dev: 50k (groundworks, septic, well etc)
house itself 120k (1700ish square feet)
final valuation after build was complete: 390k (pre covid)
in my area a similar house in town (maybe a .10 acre lot?) is well over 450k.

buying is so much more expensive than building.
the only saving grace for buying is speed. it took us the better part of a year to get through the county/bank/etc, and then the build itself before we could actually move in.

another benefit is PMI; with appreciation, the 20% PMI threshold is pretty easy to meet, vs having to come up with the full 20% immediately (or refinancing several years down the road to get away from paying that jewish extortion fee)
>>
>>2167761
I'm guessing it depends on where you are at.
>>
>>2167906
Anyone know about the rates in a non-shithole northern area such as NH?
>>
>>2167906
Absolutely. This >>2167761 guy's prices seem insane to me. I live in a shitty east coast area woth no work and high taxes. I bought a house last year with three acres, barn, garage, new sepric and nice area of old hardwoods for $145k CAD. You can buy property here for cheap but building a house would easily be triple what I paid.
>>
>>2167998

the classic 150-200/sq ft is 10 years outdated. So, pepper thy anus
>>
>>2167998
Rates for what? I own half a duplex in southern NH. AMA
>>
>>2167739
Its significantly cheaper in my area to buy a couple acres and put something on it than to buy some secondhand Boomer castle that they want a 2000% return on. I just paid 200k for 8 acres and I have a budget of 200k to put a barndo with all the trimmings on it, and that 200k is worst case. 400k wouldn't buy the guest room in a McMansion in my area anymore.
>>
>>2167761
Unreal to me that you can do site work, septic and a well for 50. Septics alone in CA are 80
>>
>>2168511
>California law requires satellite monitoring a personal employed wagie at mother base to constantly make sure shit is not leaking out of your drain field
>Wow why is housing so unaffordable in California
That they never connect the dots is some kind of divine comedy.
>>
>>2168539
why would they when it's easier to just kick the shit out of white men when things are going well (equity, sharing the wealth yadda yadda)

and then when their overbearing and confiscatory policies wreck the economy; turn around and blame white men for the collapse (and ratchet up the attack on the remaining productive sectors of their state)

and hey, when all else fails, just flee to Oregon or Texas and implement the same shit. Californians truly are scum.
>>
>>2168511
That's crazy, I was quoted for a 1250 gallon tank with 800 feet worth of laterals for $11,500 and everyone thinks that way overpriced.
>>
>>2168511
>>2170619
I payed $1,850 for my septic system.
1,000 gallon concrete tank and 595 sq/ft drain field (smallest by code allowed for my cabin).
Southern Ga. If you're ccurious.
>>
File: 1620842497098.jpg (34 KB, 507x503)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2168696
California doubled its GDP from 1.5 trillion to 3 trillion in the last 10 years. What has your state done?
>nothing except be a welfare nigger.
>>
>>2168199
What are the property taxes like. Also is that a zero lot?
>>
>>2170751
Allowed for permitless concealed carry.
Meanwhile I doubled my income in the last year alone, so I've effectively gotten the best of both worlds:More money AND a non-dystopian state.
>>
File: theyearis2021.gif (388 KB, 333x250)
388 KB
388 KB GIF
>>2170760
>Meanwhile I doubled my income in the last year alone
Found a dollar in the street?
>>
>>2170751
Lowered taxes so all the good California tech companies are moving here. Got hired by one, work remote, doubled my income, so this year I bought a 3000sq/ft house half a mile from the boat ramp to one of the largest lakes in the region.
>>
>>2170760
muh guns faggots are really pathetic
>>
>>2170876
>Literally 10% of our bill of rights
>NOOO YOU CAN'T CARE ABOUT THAT LIVE IN A HIGH CRIME SHITHOLE AND BE DEFENSELESS NOOOO
>>
>>2170881
>10% of my bill of rights
>99% of my thoughts, my actions, my beliefs revolve around these inanimate objects
>>
>>2170889
>Haha what do you have flyover cuck?
>The full bill of rights
>NOOO SHUT UP THAT'S ALL YOU TALK ABOUT
>>
>>2170894
>The full bill of rights
kek
Regardless, single issue 2nd amendment faggots literally dont care about any of their other rights being violated and trampled. Its the ultimate irony with you people, yet you are too stupid to see it.
>>
File: 9xiutax55kv11.jpg (40 KB, 620x450)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2170899

>“Take the guns first. Go through due process second, I like taking the guns early.”
>>
>>2170899
So basically what you're saying is, as opposed to 2A nuts who have 1 amendment they protect, you're a calicuck who has 0. Okay, good win?
>>
>>2167742
Yeah lumber prices and building material alone are insane, althought I think they've come down a bit but literally like 6x normal for a 2x4 or sheet of osb
>>
>>2170861
Sure thing loser. All those companies leaving is why cali DOUBLED their GDP right? dont worry the usual welfare check will be delivered to your porch monkey state soon lol.
>>
File: emma.jpg (31 KB, 448x594)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>2170956
>you're a calicuck who has 0.
hilarious when they literally have to make such childish lies to keep their ego's afloat

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.