[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 176 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey so these anti-homeless spikes are in my city and I want to destroy them. They look like picrel. I've tried using a sledgehammer and it didn't work. Any suggestions?
>>
>>2162832
Let the homeless sleep in your bed, then the spikes become moot.
>>
>>2162832
Those are based.
>>
>>2162832
a sledgehammer would work if you weren't a weak bleeding heart liberal faggot
>>
Go be homeless somewhere else
>>
Drown them in expanding foam.
>>
>>2162832
>I've tried using a sledgehammer and it didn't work
liar, a proper sledge hitting them from the side would easily eject the spikes and whatever shitty anchor is holding them down
>>
>>2162832
Make a box that is slightly taller than the spikes. Drill holes in said box that are same size as the spikes. Put box on spikes.
>>
>>2162868
The foam would fall apart when someone sat on it. Epoxy would be better but you'd need some way to frame it in while it was hardening.
>>
>>2162876
>Do work
>Do semi-precise work
You might as well have recommended that the commie sprout wings and fly. Commie are allergic to work and don't have the patience or skills to align anything.
>>
>>2162832
Try actually helping the homeless. You won't because you want the homeless to shit up your downtown and be a constant nuisance for businesses.
>>
>>2162832
Removing the spikes won't remove those who put them there and the culture that allowed hostile architecture to develop. If you want to destroy those things you'd better advocate for a more empathic society, and campaign for politics aimed at helping the last and emarginated. Look for a NGO in your area that pushes for these kinds of social values.
>>
>>2162832
What exactly is this going to accomplish anon?
What are you hoping to get out of this, spending your free time destroying public property?

Im actually curious
>>
>>2162832
Shove them up your ass
>but anon they won't stay inside!
Repeatedly move your ass up and down. Repeat until all the spikes are brown and let corrosion do its thing.
>>
>>2162891
>Look for a NGO in your area that pushes for these kinds of social values
But Soros doesn't pay worth a damn until you get to the district attorney level.
>>
>>2162880
Clearly never used expanding foam
>>
>>2162832
Have you tried using your thick, hard head?
Either way the results would be perfect, repeat as necessary.
>>
>>2162883
>You might as well have recommended that the commie sprout wings and fly
Ironic because for all their faults they beat us to space
>>
>>2162832
Why do white liberals think they're heros for letting hobos sleep under a bridge?
>>
>>2162832
>t. nigger
>>
>>2162914
Use it all the time but why don't you go create an experiment replicating OP's situation and then lay down on it and roll around. I 100% guarantee that the foam will crack, break, and fall apart. It's dried foam, not reinforced concrete. Just because it feels solid to the touch when put in gaps around pipes doesn't mean it's going to take the weight of a human body, especially when that weight shifts around, not to mention the stress points created inside the foam by the spikes.
>>
>>2162890
>>2162891
I wonder about people who post shit like this. Have they ever actually worked with addicts or down at the local soup kitchen to see how people will piss away opportunities to get better? It’s a sad situation but there are many people out there who can’t seem to get comfortable not fucking their life up. Of course help needs to be there for people who are legitimately in no win situations but many are homeless because they “choose” to be.

You cant force someone with mental illness to get better.
>>
>>2162919
Commies of that era were about empowering workers. Commie of this era are about endless handouts from the government.
>>
>>2162925
You’re correct that it it will eventually fall apart. I read into your post that you were saying it will instantly fall apart.

Long term, yes you’re correct and I guess I’m being a bit pedantic.
>>
pray for an earthquake, tsunami and giant meteor to wipe out all humanity
>>
>>2162921
Because someone else pays for the bridge and someone else cleans up under the bridge. Leftists are very generous with other people's time and resources.
>>
>>2162919
and they still haven't put a man on the moon or built any space telescopes or built any large satellite networks. the space race was full on tortoise vs hare until the 1980s at which point the US became a hare too, and pretty much gave up on space.
>>
File: imagecache.jpg (66 KB, 757x442)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>2162926
>You cant force someone with mental illness to get better.
lobotomy would also like a word with you
>>
>>2162934
I knew >>2162919 was going to cause someone to get sand in their vagina.

Calm the fuck down Jesus Christ. I was simply pointing out the irony of the statement. Maybe you would have more friends if you lightened up.
>>
>>2162832
Your gonna need some planks of wood
>>
>>2162832
>Any suggestions?

Fall on them and have a jewish lawyer on standby.
>>
>>2162930
No, the other guy is being pedantic. Foam is strong enough for a couple of nights of urine-soaked slumber or sweaty gayness and that's all the bum wants.
>>
>>2162832
Kill yourself, homeless faggot
>>
>>2162953
*electroshock therepy
>>
>>2162967
>picture of electroshock therapy
>"lobotomy would also like a word with you"
Try being a smartass with some reading comprehension next time
>>
File: 450ci.jpg (423 KB, 720x960)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>2162832
ah, these are all over cardiff.

burger homeless are another breed though. i had more crazy homeless interactions in 1 week in NYC than my entire life in bong.
>>
>>2162929
>Commie of this era are about endless handouts from the government
That was leftists of the 90s and 2000s. Leftists today are all about inundating themselves with propaganda from corporations and billionaires and gleefully amplifying that propaganda to everyone they can reach.

The left used to be "fuck you I won't do what you tell me". Now it's "fuck you, do what they tell you".
>>
>>2162953
lobotomy doesn't make the individual's life better. It just makes them docile and manageable for anyone who needs to take care of them.
>>
>>2162977
Though they express their love for communism, they're really not communist by any standard definition, even if you're willing to stretch it by a large degree. They're post-modernists, out to destroy every single thing that came before them. Corporations are finding them to be very useful idiots for destroying every institution that gets in the way of corporate power.
>>
File: garfield.jpg (26 KB, 800x450)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>2163010
Bingo. Useful idiots for corporations and destructive politicians (funded by billionaires like Soros) who will be exterminated as soon as their precious thoughtleaders are permanently installed in positions of power.

Yuri Bezmenov told us this almost 40 years ago, and explained it very clearly: useful idiots who believe they're "revolutionaries", whose beliefs just so happen to line up exactly with the interests of corporations and the wealthy (how convenient), are only useful while the propagandists and subverters are trying to gain power. Once they have power, these "revolutionaries" just became a threat, and they get eliminated.

That's how it was done in the USSR, how it was done in Russia, how it was done in China and Cambodia and Vietnam and Libya and just about every other "revolution" in history. But propaganda works. And it's easy to tell which people are particularly susceptible to it and fully embrace it; they become leftists.
>>
>>2162832

sprinkle battery acid. will take a few weeks but it will work over time

https://www.laballey.com/products/sulfuric-acid-high-purity-laboratory-grade-85-oz-2-5-liter-50?variant=39788098748571&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1YWvyNTl8QIVxMizCh0bhgXdEAQYAiABEgKs6vD_BwE

careful about getting it on your skin. it will cause an itchy painful rash
>>
>>2162832
Eat shit commie. Their property, their choice. If you want to help the homeless let them live with you. Too dirty, smelly, and likely to steal you shit and never leave? Oh yeah that;s why the businesses don't want them sleeping doorways, funny how that works huh?
>>
>>2163021
The irony of this post and then just fully regurgitating US propaganda in the last para is outstanding.
>>
>>2162954
>gets rectally ruined
>ree u no frens
commies everyone
>>
Blue saw.
>>
>>2162832
Lay down a sheet of cheap OSB. Then replace when it stinks too much
>>
>>2162836
mootspikes? spikymoots?
>>
>>2163037
Their property, my choice.
:^)
>>
>>2163061
If they could afford OSB, they wouldn't be homeless.
>>
>>2163061
>sheet of cheap OSB
>>
>>2163083
They can afford $20 each to spit a sheet or they can peacefully steal a sheet from a construction site.
>>
>>2162919
You mean that nazi engineers in the USSR beat nazi engineers in the USA to space
>>
>>2163051
>regurgitating US propaganda
And that is? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>Tldr make $ off of bums, don’t go to prison
I’m part Jew so here’s my idea. Make an inflatable mattress that you can sell to bums, or some kind of cheap foam that every homeless man can carry. He can lay it on any spikes he comes across. This prevents a potential prison sentence for destruction of property, while also making it hard for the businesses to reach to it, instead of them just going and fixing the damage
>>
>>2163118
Harder for businesses to react* to it
>>
File: gosling.jpg (37 KB, 477x571)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
All homeless people should be given free bags ofheroine with lethal does of fentanyl in it and let nature sort it self out.
>>
>>2162832
Two free pallets is all you need to defeat these.
>>
>>2163118
>sell to bums
You haven't thought your business plan through very well. Sell them to dumb white suburbanites to hand out to homeless in the city. Do keep in mind that the homeless will almost instantly misplace their spike defeating pad. They might get one or two uses out of it before they dump it somewhere, not thinking about what they're going to do the next night for a place to sleep. Anyone who has lived in a city can tell you that the homeless leave trails of clothes and blankets all over the place because they get these things handed to them for free. Why carry them around when you probably can get another one for free? And if not, that's because society has failed you once again.
>>
>>2163164
That's fucking depressing.
>>
>>2163213
And the clothes and blankets left behind are so soaked with blood, urine, and feces that the city has a special crew to clean up because it's a biohazard.
>>
>>2162883
>Commie are allergic to work
>Chinese factory workers
>Oh I didn't mean THOSE communists. I meant the straw man communists that FOX tells me about every day, the ones who have iphones and want everything given to them

>>2162926
Yes. have you? Usually working with addicts and the homeless gives one a better view of how the system can be improved. But I guess if all you see is how some people are determined to fail, I can't change that.

>>2163010
>>2162977
Says the bootlickers from OAN / blue lives matter / let corporations be people with rights

>>2163021
>And it's easy to tell which people are particularly susceptible to it and fully embrace it; they become leftists.

fucking lol.
>>
>>2162926
I think lots of social programs are kind of retardedly designed, e.g. all the completely dry shelters and programs where you get kicked out the moment you have a beer. Like what the fuck do you expect, for alchies to go cold turkey immediately? The expectation is unrealistic.
>>
>>2162832
Pay for their yoga classes, so they can all be fakirs who enjoy sleeping on nails and shit.

>>2162926
I would recommend they do that BECAUSE it might snap them out of their naivety.
>>
>>2163229
>China is a classless, stateless society
You're dreaming, bud. China isn't communist, they're authoritarian-fascist and people there are basically slaves. They get forcibly sterilized as a matter of routine (have you heard of their 1-2-3 child policy? how do you think it's enforced?)

I've had a lot of homeless people live with me over the years, trying to help them get vehicles, find work etc. And what I have found is that only a small subset of them is compatible with the whole "productive member of society" thing. It doesn't matter how many resources or how much help you give most of them; they won't 'get better'. That's a fiction.
A small subset of them are actually mentally/morally normal people who are down on their luck for one reason or another and are amenable to receiving a hand up. The rest should be put into camps or euthanized if they can't behave and continue commiting anti social crimes.
Tell me how I should be more empathetic. Then tell me how many houses you built for a homeless person this year, or how many of them you have living with you. For me, it's one of each.
>>
>>2162880
>but you'd need some way to frame it in while it was hardening.
Expanding foam.
>>
>>2162832
>>
>>2163254
>You're dreaming, bud. China isn't communist
Ok,

> Commie are allergic to work and don't have the patience or skills to align anything.

Ok, which communists are you talking about then? You aren't talking about "ideal" communism where work is central to the ideology, and you aren't talking about "actual" communist countries like China, so... where are all the lazy communists you are talking about:?
>>
>>2163254
>Then tell me how many houses you built for a homeless person this year, or how many of them you have living with you.

Zero, I'm not trying to one up you. I'm just surprised that your take on the homeless is that >>2162891 has never spent time working with the homeless.

And to clarify, you let homeless people live with you for free, and you build them houses for free? Can I ask why?
>>
>>2162832
Kuso thread
>>
File: bed-of-nails.jpg (137 KB, 457x373)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>2162832
The thinking mans solution is to get the dimensions of the spikes, 3d print one, make a reusable cast and then knock out dozens of them with recycled/stolen aluminium
Then sneak back there with some high grade epoxy and glue them really close together
Now its a comfy bed of nails and back scratcher!
>>
>>2163272
I think you're confusing me (>>2163254) with a different anon above, but
As far as trying to help some people out, it's just part of life. I don't know how to answer the "why" question in a complete way. I've been poor when I was younger, living out of a tent, not having running water or heat or AC for years, that sort of thing. And now that I'm doing better financially, I still know and interact with a lot of poorer people.
Basically, I've had friends where they were homeless or having trouble and I tried to help them by finding them work, giving them a place to stay, helping them get a car (sometimes buying broken ones and fixing them)
That sort of thing. When I was broke AF but trying to have a better life, I came to realize how important working together with others was.

After going through all that with a probably around 20 people or so over the years, I realized that a lot of people can't be helped by the conventional approaches that relief efforts use for homeless/poor people. There's a lot of individuals who are flat out incompatible with modern society or the modern way of life. Getting those people clean clothes and job interviews simply doesn't help.
As far as the houses thing, it's only been one guy who really worked hard over the years to try to get to a better place, and always tries to help me out with stuff when he can. I spent about 15K and we built him a small house on his family's land so that he would finally have a decent place to live. It's small, but it's comfortable and a HUGE improvement over the tent that he was living in before.

I guess what I am really trying to say here, is that I feel like a lot of relief efforts are well intentioned, but ultimately ineffective at achieving their goals because their approach is derived from an understanding of the mentality of the homeless that is flawed or unrealistic in most cases. There is a big difference between the group that is rehabilitatible and the others
>>
>>2163237
>for alchies to go cold turkey immediately?
errrr fucking yes
t. just cold turkeyed tobacco last month after 11 years of 20 a day minimum
>>
>>2163294
So your testifying as a homeless tobacco quitter?
>>
>>2162926
This desu. My dad's been working with these sort of people for decades and they very seldom do any effort to improve.
>>
Chisel and sledge. Put on a high vis vest and some cones and you can do it in broad daylight without anyone bothering you
>>
>>2163229
lmao
>>
Homeless people are no more mentally ill or substance abusing than any other group.
Literally the only difference is they didn't get that one job you lucked into and after a few months there is no way back. Only 50% of adults are employed.
>>
>>2163343
And they have no friends or family that will.let them stay with them because are horrible.people
>>
File: 1620872606335.jpg (71 KB, 640x701)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
People are defending hostile architecture and dismissing the hatred of it as commie bullshit, but it's honestly the exact opposite. Fuck the hobos, most of them aren't even unfortunate, they're just deadbeats. It's not about the hobos to me. Your environment affects your mood, behavior, and overall mental health. It's also enforces your society's values, which is why commies built depressing, blocky bullshit built for efficiency and to beat down people's spirits. Look up some communist architecture. People should strive to make their environments beautiful, not look like fucking Hellraiser, where you're surrounded by inhuman concrete, glass, and a bunch of bullshit made to give people pain and discomfort. The solution isn't to make anywhere you don't want hobos unwelcoming and ugly. At that rate, just burn down the city parks while you're at it. If you want to keep bums off your property, buy a pressure washer and hose them down every hour until they learn to fuck off. Even better, get the fuck out of the cities.
>>
>>2163271
Don't be daft. OP was obviously talking about a western nation, probably the US because Euroweenies would cry if they saw such spikes. Trying to deflect with talk about China and historic meanings of communism worldwide is you not wanting to admit the truth about the kids running around the US calling themselves communists.
Everything said about them earlier in the thread is true. They're losers who want others to do work that they can then benefit from. They know nothing about communist theory except that they should be given free stuff. The other side of the coin where they're expected to do actual work with the means of production to actual produce goods is lost on them.
But you already knew all of that and are arguing in a disingenuous manner, probably because you're one of those "commie' kiddies who wants the government to give them everything while contributing nothing.
>>
>>2162880
Epoxy is a good idea, OP could frame it with some wood and remove it once it's done drying. It's good propaganda too since everyone would see there used to be anti-homeless spikes there and that someone came out and defeated them. I wonder what the cheapest materials are that can cover the whole bench and what the whole project would cost.
>>
>>2162832
Simple solution, move out of the city into nature where you belong
>>
>>2162832
Why don't you just kill yourself instead?
>>
>>2162919
First object in space was a v2 rocket launched by the 3 Reich.
>>
>>2163346
'we shape our buildings and afterwards our buildings shape us. '
-Winston Churchill
>>
>>2163386
Epoxy is expensive though. I think some sort of quickdry concrete would be better. These spikes aren't overly thick.
>>
>>2163343
If you knew even a little bit about this you'd know that's demonstrably false. Homeless people have very high rates of mental illness, drug abuse, criminality, and even when they don't they will still pretty much always revert back to homelessness no matter what kind of aid they're given. Life is not a 24/7 crapshoot, you fucking child commie. Some people perform better than others and some people perform worse. Over a lifetime, the separation between the two can get dramatic. That's inevitable. Cry more you envious, bitter, cynical faggot.
>>
>>2163229
>Says the bootlickers from OAN / blue lives matter / let corporations be people with rights
Based fucking retard
>>
>>2162832
>attempting to help the homeless
generally a nonstarter. The best way to decrease the homeless population is to make it harder to be homeless. It certainly won't make it any easier on those people that fall on hard times, but that's what social structures like family and community and churches are for.
To answer your question though, rather than get rid of the spikes, try working around them. Just buy some cheap this plywood, cut it so that it lays on top of the spikes and leave it out in the open for homeless people to use if they desire. If they're too retarded or strung out on drugs to make use of the board to sleep on it then they probably deserve to be homeless.
>>
>>2163343
jesus christ have you ever talked to a homeless person? have you ever known someone who was homeless?
My dad, sister, and brother have all been homeless at some points in their life, and they'll all tell you that homelessness concentrates all of the worst aspects of society into one group of people.
I;m not even saying that homeless people are beyond saving or not worth helping, but objectivly speaking, what you're saying generally isn't true.
>>
>>2162832
>throw literally anything over it as bedding
>can't feel shit
If the homeless aren't capable of doing that then they deserve to suffer.
>>
>>2162832

they are metal. and probably just stuck down with epoxy.

heat them with a blow torch and they should come off
>>
>>2162832
You have to hit them sideways
They're clearly epoxied to the stone

But you shouldn't do it. If you wouldn't want someone giving a homeless person a key to your house/building, then, logically, you shouldn't give them a place to sleep where the residents/tenants don't want them

For being a science-fellater, you're really fucking dim
>>
>>2163343
Homelessness is an identity that people take on. You can't save them unless they want to be saved. When it's part of their identity, they believe it's who they are, you fucking up someone's private property isn't going to help
>>
>>2163398
Obviously this
Epoxy runs $45/gallon wholesale
Concrete runs $5/bag retail
You could use the instant post cement and just dump it out in the rain
>>
>>2162832
They put up anti-homeless spikes to prevent homeless people from squatting there. If you want to get to the root of the problem, get rid of the homeless people.
>>
>>2163254
too much USA propaganda, though some points are true
>>
>>2162836
I'm pretty sure it's 'mute'
>>
Because what you wanna do is encourage homeless people to hang around as long as possible.
>>
>>2163343
>Literally the only difference is they didn't get that one job you lucked into
weak lefty b8
>>
Use the sledge on the loser homeless.
>>
>>2162892
>public property
>weaponized against the public
>>
>>2162832
They help keep the mattresses off the ground so they don't get wet.

Why do you hate the homeless?
>>
>>2163254
I used to live across the street from a homeless shelter so over the years I volunteered now and then. You're pretty much spot on. The most interesting thing I learned was from the shelter's Chaplin. He said the most common amount of time a person is homeless is one day. The second most common is two days. The reason is that most people have options that they don't exercise for various reasons such as pride. When the reality of being homeless hits them, they do whatever is necessary to not be homeless. Those who don't, end up in a downward spiral from which they often never are able to escape.
About ten or so years ago railroad workers noticed a homeless man sitting under a tree in the gulch area of downtown Atlanta. They left him alone because he wasn't bothering anything. The next day they noticed he was still sitting under that tree. When they went to investigate, they saw he was covered in bugs. He had sat down, leaned against the tree and died. Turned out he was the former head of the Atlanta Housing Authority (some real irony there). He was caught in some scandal that forced him to resign. That event started a downward path into addiction and homelessness. His family tried to help but his pride kept him from accepting their help. Other than forcefully taking him into custody, there wasn't much anyone could have done to prevent his death. He didn't want to accept help even though plenty of it was available, from both public sources and from family. As long as we give people the freedom to fail, there are going to be some who take that path.
>>
>>2163586
>public property
That's private property in the OP.
>>
>>2163386
The spikes probably are attached with epoxy, so encasing them in epoxy to neutralize them be some fun irony. But as others have mentioned, epoxy is stupidly expensive now, which sucks because it was at a historic low price before the pandemic started.
>>
>>2163343
>Literally the only difference is they didn't get that one job you lucked into and after a few months there is no way back. Only 50% of adults are employed.
If >literally the only difference is they didn't luck into that one job, then 50% of adults would be homeless.

The homeless people in my town (I'm in BC, Canada) already get monthly disability checks, they buy food and drugs and alcohol and gamble and still hold out their hats for change. You might retort that the checks aren't enough, but I know a handful of people personally that live off disability checks and they have roofs over their heads and lead humble, safe lives.
Laughably, leftists believe that money really is the only difference and that UBI will keep them off the streets.
Homeless are already offered free housing, they don't take it because they aren't allowed to drink or do drugs in them.
Then you have the bleeding hearts who complain that the free housing are outside walking distance from "jobs centers" as if the *one* thing keeping them from having a job was the walking distance to downtown. They *live* downtown for fucks sake and still won't work.
In a communist society these people would just be turned into fertilizer because the soviets and chinks didn't have a muddleheaded desire to coddle bums and addicts.
In our society we used to do the right thing with these people: put them in asylums, and we stupidly got rid of asylums. Bring 'em back.
>>
>>2163229
>actual gommies on /diy/
Remind me, how old are you again?
>>
>>2163229
>YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO THINK CORPORATIONS ARE PEOPLE
I fucking... SPECIFICALLY said that corporations and billionaires were inundating us with propaganda every day, you fucking idiot. These people should be thrown in prison.

And YOU should be lined up against a wall and shot, because you're such a fucking idiot that you automatically knee-jerked into "someone insulted the left, bad man! BAD MAN!"

People as retarded as you are a legitimate threat to society and should be exterminated. You're a fucking pest.
>>
>>2163229
You're retarded. You have absolutely no argument when confronted by someone who isn't the cookie cutter retard republican.
>>
>>2162832
I've waited all day to post thanks to the fake YOU BEEN RANGE BAND BECAUSE HIROSHIMOOT ONLY TAKES DRUG MONEY scam.

I've got the SINGLE BEST IDEA. you get a group of 3-5 of your BEST bros. Guys who would take a bullet for you and vice versa. After other people that can be verified homeless retards and not dope smokers that can keep their mouths shut.

All 10 of you have one guy take a dive for the team. You work out what happens for his family worst case scenario.

You then film some inconspicuous related bullshit and have a bro mame himself on those spikes. OMFG we were just walking down the street and now his spine is broken, he was blinded, etc...

The city cuckspikes obviously ruined him and he has 15 witnesses with the same story. Deny the settlement and record every inch of it secretly. It may take a year or two but bro takes a dive for millions and yall get it because taxation is theft to pay faggots like you

My stolen tax dollars are better gifted to you than uncle fuckhoe.

I'll help any legal way I can to lessen your tax burden.
>>
>>2163830
>city cuckspikes
Those is the OP are on private property.
>>
File: His gaze is weak.png (75 KB, 210x312)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
Put a flat board over the top for fuck's sake, the homeless guy can just take it with him when he gets up.

If you want a 'permanent' solution (i.e. can be repeated until the company gives in or stops repairing it) then cement.
>>
>>2163890
Have you ever dealt with homeless people? They don't put put any value on useful things and instead they'll piss all over it and then throw it in the street.
>>
>>2162832
Lay a piece of plywood or thick cardboard over them. They're trivial to defeat.
>>
>>2163051
>t. Useful idiot
>>
>>2162926
I call them lifestyle homeless since they will never ever leave or improve themselves even with limitless assistance. One of the many long reasons I refuse to go near Seattle.
>>
>>2163986
Toronto fag here, my former best friend was a homeless guy with paranoid schizophrenia. He wasn't always homeless and kept going back and forth between having a home and not having one, but eventually he was just living on the streets for several years without even seeming interested in getting a home again. I asked him one day if it's overall easier or more difficult for him to be homeless, and his answer was interesting: "Emotionally, having a home is better, but tactically, being homeless is more useful."
>>
>>2164016
Sounds backwards. Home provides security, homelessness provides freedom.
It's why jealousy drives people to such hatred of those who don't go through all the bullshit of society.
>>
>>2162926
This. The reason most people are homeless is because they simply cannot function in civilized society. I’ve worked with people like that. They find a job and quit it over something trivial (they don’t want to work) or get fired for making sexual comments to female coworkers or doing drugs or whatnot. They keep getting evicted from their apartments for stupid shit too. I’ve had to kick out a mentally retarded woman once because she kept shitting all over the place and harassing other guests (I work at a hotel) They’re either too stupid to understand the consequences of being unemployed or they don’t care. I blame Reagan for closing the asylums.
>>
>>2162832
Why destroy them? During the day they get spotted and repaired after some time, but if you carry some plywood you can just put it and on have a nice flat surface
>>
File: 378.jpg (228 KB, 890x736)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>2163890
>'permanent' solution
>>
>>2163237
>Like what the fuck do you expect, for alchies to go cold turkey immediately?
These faggots would drag down the rest of people who are actually recovering.
>>
>>2164023
>or get fired for making sexual comments to female coworkers
fucking degenerate roasties shouldn't even be there
>>
>>2163118
my grandparents "sew" mats made out of plastic shopping bags and donate them to homeless people. they are surprisingly comfortable and i take one with me when i go camping
>>
whenever i'm driving on the highway i always imagine all the homeless people that must be living in the woods off the freeway, but realistically, they're not.
>>
>>2163350
>probably because you're one of those "commie' kiddies who wants the government to give them everything while contributing nothing.

These don't exist outside of Fox and right wing delusions. They are the boogie man that the right uses when people try to reign in corporations or implement social programs, or god forbid - tax rich people.

Occupy Wallstreet is a perfect example. Look at how the right viewed those protests against wallstreet. "communists" "oh but he has an iphone and designer jeans" etc. You all suck corp dick, you elect justices that suck corp dick, and your idea of going after billionaires is to elect one as president lol. Your idea of going after wallstreet is to make sure that the fed is run by goldman. Look we all know you voted for Trump, and will vote for him again given half a chance. You've never seen a communist outside of whatever OAN is shitting down your throat this month.
>>
File: commie propaganda.jpg (182 KB, 715x452)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>2164099
>the people I've personally argued with on twitter don't exist
>the people I've met in college don't exist
why do communists make never ending assertions that are observably false
>>
>>2162883
put wood on spikes, hammer it down a bit, remove wood, you now have center punches where you drill with a step bit.

from here, epoxy or something it down, make it so the only way of removal causes more damage then leaving it there.

or you solve the fucking homeless problem.
>>
>>2162832
try smashing your head into them. your poorly dyed hair will protect you
>>
>>2164099
assuming you aren't a troll, there are tons and tons of people out there on the internet spouting some seriously fucked up propaganda all the time. Im guessing the only websites you use are 4chan and foxnews if you haven't noticed this yourself.

But the entirety of social media has an extremely strong left wing presence. You honestly sound like the most ignorant retard ever to have not noticed this.

But we all know you're just a faggot troll, so stop posting faggot.
>>
>>2164221
Fucking radical left wingers, not wanting people dying in the streets and shit
>>
>>2164223
>be California
>New York
>entirely run by left wingers
>massive levels of homelessness and inequality
Sure makes you think.
>>
>>2163336
The only smart solution in this thread.
>>
>>2162832
Find another place to sleep and panhandle.
>>
File: 1531937995888.jpg (199 KB, 719x960)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>2162919
those commies would be considered far right fascists by todays standard
there is version of communism for real communists and faggotry that is subversive and destructive to weaken the west sold to useful idiots
I will defend to death honour of our patriotic nationalistic leaders that were doing best they could given geopolitical realities of the time and would kill every single western commie trying to ruin my country now
t. small country in ex commie block
>>
>>2163346
I agree, we should get rid of hostile architecture and just shoot the homeless
>>
>>2162832
Rule violation. Why is the thread still up?
>>
>>2162832
Portable anglegrinder
>>
>>2164303
what rule you faggot
>>
>>2164320
Criminal activities.
>>
>>2162832
>Hey so these anti-homeless spikes are in my city and I want to destroy them.
How about you don't?
>>
>>2162919
No, that was the third Reich (lol spellcheck made me capitalize Reich). Solidly, through and through, the first man made object to cross the threshold into outer space came from Nazi Germany. You're just going to have to accept that one, even (((historians))) agree.
>>
>>2164376
Morals supercede laws.
>>
>>2164384
There's nothing moral about encouraging "street" crime, you moron.
>>
>>2164394
Giving the homeless a place to sleep at night isn't moral?
>>
>>2162832
>Hey so these anti-homeless spikes are in my city and I want to destroy them
Kill yourself faggot. Without those druggie hobos will start infesting the area. If you want to be a retard take those hobos home with you.
>>
>>2164399
They should be in a shelter, or better yet, jail or the looney bin, not on the street.
>>
>>2162988
That's the whole point. They already are slaves to their mental illness, at least let them not harm others.
>>
>>2164399
Have you asked them if they would like you to remove the spikes, or are you just using them as a mandate for doing some violence to public property?
>>
>>2164425
I ain't OP
>>
>>2163568
You would be wrong
>>
>>2162832
put plywood on spikes.
litards owned.
>>
>>2162862
/ thread
>>
>>2162832
Trip and fall impaling your forehead on them. Then (if you don't die) call the media and make a sob story about it before filing lawsuits.
>>
>>2164683
I got fucking stabbed by an anti homeless cactus and probably would have if it wasnt at work
>>
>>2162926
>You cant force someone with mental illness to get better.
Agreed. So why do sjw's like you think it's okay for them to suffer living on the streets the way they do? Are you some kind of sick bastard? We euthanize animals that needlessly suffer. Maybe that's how you should be viewing them, as animals.

Jesus Christ some people.... :-/
>>
>>2164796
>So why do sjw's like you think it's okay for them to suffer living on the streets the way they do?
Well if they're white males then death is too good for them.
>>
>>2164796
Well it's illegal to take them against their will put them in a house they dont want to be in, so it's tough, yeah.

Become a civil rights lawyer and start taking these poor wretches and get them declared mentally unfit so they can become wards of the state and be forced into a mental health facility
>>
>>2162832
Paint the spikes white and draw two little black dots as eyes on the front of each one.
>>
>>2164892
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYemnKEKx0c
>>
>>2162919
Their fascist governing body**** beat us into space
Commies are worthless without a gun pointed at them making them work
>>
>>2162926
I mean this is half true
Chances are, most of the people in this thread are only a handful of bad luck situations from being homeless. Most of the country is.
The programs and shelters do a pretty good job of helping people get back on their feet. It usually takes a month or two, maybe a bit more if you are real unlucky.

The people who are perennially homeless are homeless for a reason.
Its not because of drug use, its because of unchecked, untreated mental illness that spurs on the use of drugs.
Mental illness in many cases is hard to treat even for someone with a huge support network.

If you are a dude without friends or family and you dont get the hard longterm help you need, you end up homeless.
Being homeless is tough, drugs are cheap and make life less tough.
For those who are mentally ill, its a cycle that keeps them out on the streets, because they burn their bridges, get kicked out of the shelters and programs, continue to self medicate and so on and so forth.

Dont let the dredges of society who couldnt be helped make you believe that the all of the effort and money is absolutely wasted.
The reality is, everyone in this thread who potentially ends up in a homeless shelter will be back on their feet working and in an apartment within a month, as the programs are intended.
>>
>>2162832
listen fella, i live in the city and have 2 permanent encampments of junkies either side of my flat.
Unless you live with scummy junkie begging bastards on your literal doorstep STFU cos you know shit.
>>
File: breakfast in bed.png (479 KB, 779x402)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>2164937
I make sandwiches and hand them out to homeless in an area like where you live. I keeps them anchored to your neighborhood and away from mine.
>>
With all sincerity, I believe the best solution for everyone is to round up all the homeless and compassionately euthanize them. And then firebomb the liberal cities that allowed the situation to get like this. Seriously you guys are like human cat hoarders, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
>>
>>2162848
/thread
>>
>>2162832
Put a sheet of boards over it, or just sleep
Under a bridge where you belong
>>
File: anhero1.gif (324 KB, 499x281)
324 KB
324 KB GIF
>>2162832
>Any suggestions?
>>
>>2162832
>Any suggestions?
yes, stop calling them "homeless" that's a term bleeding hearts used to describe druggies and crazy people living on the streets.

You can think reformers and liberal government morons for your bum problems. They closed down all the asylums and let the druggies out of jail.

We need more of those spikes and anything to make it as unfriendly as possible so they go somewhere else, or you know actually do something to get them off the streets instead of making the streets more comfortable.

They camp out in my neighborhood and we call the police to harass them as much as possible.

soon we will be moving to a better neighborhood.
>>
>>2162836
>>2163568
it's hiroshima nagasaki now you fucking newfags
>>
>>2162832
Hostile architecture is based. Fuck the homeless. They belong in work camps and if/when they refuse in body bags.
>>
>>2165485
Ok, edgelord.
>>
>>2165492
Get a job, parasite.
>>
>>2165145
>They closed down all the asylums and let the druggies out of jail.
In the US, that was a cooperative effort. Reagan is blamed for it but at the time the Democrats also hated the mental hospitals, calling them prisons for people who either did nothing wrong or didn't understand what they were doing was wrong. Either way, they believed that if the hospitals were closed, that the mentally ill could live like normal people if they were given enough support from the government.
The big disagreement was what part of government should pay. Reagan and the Republicans felt that local communities and states should be responsible for taking care of their local people. It shouldn't be some bureaucrat in DC running local programs. The Democrats, who controlled Congress during the entirety of Reagan's presidency, wanted everything run out of DC and of course for the federal government to pay for everything. Since the two sides couldn't agree, the funding was never allocated. But because the two sides could agree that the mental hospitals were terrible places, most were closed, with only the most mentally unfit kept institutionalized.
Once out on the streets, many of the former patients whose conditions were mostly under control. missed taking a their meds and quickly spiraled down into insanity, made even worse by the harsh conditions on the streets. Which brings us to today where different states and different communities within states have wildly differing resources available for dealing with the mentally ill. And of those resources, they're used in wildly different ways. San Francisco has one of the largest mental health budgets in the country but the programs they spend it on seem to have very little effectiveness. Other cities offer free bus tickets out of town to anyone on the streets who want them. Most cities are somewhere between these extremes, trying to do something for the worst of the mentally ill while not letting them overwhelm the city's resources.
>>
>>2164099
Bravo, indeed I almost got mad, I asked myself, how could someone this retarded exist outside of Facebook? I’m going to call him a fag retard! Very entertaining
>>
>>2162958
Actually that could legitimately work. I would say that you should probably complaign that you almost fell on those just because unsolicited lawsuits are always gay. When they refuse or tell you to fuck off then just trip on purpose and sue. Those are legitimately unsafe and the people who put them there should be sued.
>>
>>2165649
>Those are legitimately unsafe and the people who put them there should be sued.
Has anyone ever actually been hurt on these things while they were just going about their business and not doing crimes? You know they're not "sharp" but just bluntly pointed so as to be uncomfortable to sit or lie upon?
>>
>>2165659
Man, you will split your head open or break a leg falling on a curb edge.
Falling on even these blunted spikes will definitely fuck you up
>>
>>2162836
>>2162848
>>2162862
This mentality is why there are homeless people at all.
>>
>>2165665
Yeah, that's my point-- they're not any more dangerous than a curb and it's not negligent to install them
>>
>>2162832
just put plywood over em.
>>
>>2165665
trip and fall on them sue them for millions.
>>
>>2162832
>I want to destroy them
fuck off leftist scum
>>
>>2165711
Tempting.
>>
>>2164023
Those asylums were pretty terrible.
They're the source of almost all of our worst ethical crises, from trepanation to brain removal.
The other sources being negroes
>>
>>2165920
>trepanation to brain removal
Trust the science dingus.
>>
The building probably belongs to Citi or some other huge entity that has a hundred attorneys on staff. You can try suing them but they're experts in how to manipulate the court system to bankrupt you before you're able to get anything. They can drag things out decades if they want to fuck with you. They know these spike strips are a potential liability. They don't care. They'll make an example out of you for even filing against them.
>>
>>2165668
Not because of the mentality of the homeless people themselves? Wtf bro. If you did something to address mental illness, alcoholism and addiction you'd probably be helping as much as you could doing anything else anyway.
>>
>>2165668
Most homeless people have issues with drug addiction and/or mental illness.
>>
>>2162832
Those don't do anything. A homeless dude will just put a thick sweater over those spike and sit on that.
Unless you want to risk a felony just to destroy symbolism of capitalism, then w.e.
>>
>>2166707
most homeless are retarded homeles bums that will suck your dick for crack lol ask me how i know
>>
>>2166708
>symbolism of capitalism
Spikes have been used for area-denial since the dawn of time..
>>
>>2166739
Statues have been made since the dawn of time but context is a thing.
>>
>>2165668
yeah there's no way people can self-impose problems on themselves and be liable for it
communist retards need to give their head a wobble
>>
>>2163103
The USSR did not need pardon Germans to fix their rockets, they only had to pull Korolev out of a gulag. Not sure which is worse.
>>
>>2162891
This is the most liberal post I've ever seen on 4chan. Liberal as in not left-wing, not the right-wing definition. Don't listen to this idiot, direct action is 1000 times more effective than pouring energy into campaigns within the boundaries of the established system, where it just fizzles out instead of going anywhere.
>IF YOU DON'T VOTE YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!!!11
Fuck, I have more respect for right-wing fucks than I have for liberal hypocrits.
>>
>>2162929
Those two are not mutually exclusive. Being homeless is a horror, cheers to everyone who wants to make that horror a little bit less gruesome.
>>
>>2166743
Let us provide each bum with a barrel in the town square.
>>
>>2162919
>Ironic because for all their faults they beat us to space
No. Operation Plumbbob. Manhole cover beat Sputnik.
>>
File: Homeless People Trash.jpg (758 KB, 800x600)
758 KB
758 KB JPG
>>2163124
I sadly kinda agree with you. At least the illegal Mexicans contribute to society by working the jobs no one else wants to do. Homeless people litter EVERYWHERE, like it's crazy how much trash a homeless camp generates. They don't contribute to society, they spend all day in traffic asking for money, only to get high as fuck at night, and then repeat the cycle. Anytime I EVER see someone with their hand out I know it's for drugs. Bitch I'm not buying you drugs fuck off. Maybe "one last high" would be good for them.
>>
File: Tldr-1.webm (708 KB, 720x368)
708 KB
708 KB WEBM
>>2165521
>>
>>2166861
200 years from now some space tourist is going to be out for a leisurely space walk and get smacked in the head with that manhole cover.
>>
>>2162972
new york is another level of america altogether, it's not a good comparison to the rest of the country
>>
>>2163282
I don't think you are wrong that there are people who are simply impossible to help. The systems in place are there almost entirely for that small percentage that are able to be helped. It's hard to turn around though and then say "well we can only really help 1% of these people, better just let the others fend for themselves" as you may just end up with a lot of dead people on the streets.

>>2163311
similar anecdote; my father-in-law's done the same and basically "with the amount of relief available, especially for military veterans, no one 'should' be homeless". Kind of like /g/'s fascination point, Terry A. Davis. Dude basically demonstrated himself to be impossible to exist as a "normal person".
>>
>>2167076
I wouldnt want to read a whole paragraph BTFO of me either
>>
>>2167555
>well we can only really help 1% of these people
Idk what the percentage of people that are really helped by the current programs and strategies, but aside from questions as to the efficacy of the homeless relief programs, their value needs to be balanced against the harmful consequences that they often bring to the local community. If you've ever lived somewhere that a homeless shelter or methadone clinic or something opens up nearby, it can turn an area that was a decent place to live into a crime ridden hellhole real quick. Another real world consideration is that soft-on-crime policies often go along with homeless relief, but the people who draft and support these policies usually don't have to live with the harmful side effects.
I consider myself to have empathy for people less fortunate than myself, but I have developed a quite harsh stance about the treatment of antisocial criminals in our communities.
>>
>>2165668
You couldn’t be more wrong. The vast majority of homeless are not laid off bankers down on their luck, they are fundamentally broken people who need to be institutionalized and treated.
>>
>>2165668
Hilarious, retard. There are homeless because they are mentally ill. Did you not see the article of the good hearted guy who put a pool in a homeless area because it was so hot and he was stabbed to death the next day?
>>
>>2166876
>Maybe "one last high" would be good for them.

Every year, around Christmas time, I wait for a bitter cold night, way below freezing. I go get a big bottle of everclear and I find the crumbiest bum I can find in the neighborhood and give it to him. They always hesitate a little bit, like a part of them know what could happen, but they take it all the same. Holiday Spirit and whatnot. Only ever saw one guy again. Been doing this for about 8 years now.
>>
>>2167572
if anon types a load of crap and no one reads it, did it ever happen?
>>
>>2167701
back in the 80's my hippy aunt decided to fill her van up with clothes, blankets, and coats to take to "help" the "homeless".

The fuckers swarmed her van and took EVERYTHING not bolted down. scared the shit out of her, but not enough to make her not be a liberal.
>>
>>2167695
>If you've ever lived somewhere that a homeless shelter or methadone clinic or something opens up nearby, it can turn an area that was a decent place to live into a crime ridden hellhole real quick.

I'm curious if you have specifics about this claim. I've heard this said occasionally, but not with concrete examples provided.
>>
>>2165668
True brother, but I wouldn't go around destroying other people's property just because they don't think like you.
>>
>>2167777
While I can provide plenty of examples that I have personally experienced, I don't know if I can point to a hard data source that clearly proves the causal relationship between the two. For one thing, scrap metal yards, homeless shelters, food banks, labor offices, welfare offices, methadone clinics, and other locations that tend to attract lots of homeless people tend to be located in depressed areas with higher than normal crime concentrations in the first place.... So pointing at a high crime area doesn't necessarily prove that the crime is happening because the shelter is there rather than the other way around.
I'm also not counting the criminalization of homelessness itself as a crime in this convo-- obviously if loitering, public sleeping, or panhandling are banned in an area, then they will go up whereever the homeless congregate.
I'm just talking about property crimes, robbings, etc

Apparently there have been studies done showing that property crimes increase when a shelter is built -- https://crim.sas.upenn.edu/sites/default/files/Ridgeway_Effect%20of%20Emergency%20Shelters-v5_1.2.2018.pdf
>>
>>2167805
Another consideration is that a lot of the crimey issues that affect the region around a shelter are rarely prosecuted. Littering, shittering, and "aggressive" panhandling (I'm talking about where they try to corner women trying to get into their car and physically intimidate people until you cough up some money) --- these things are almost never prosecuted, at least in my area, so they don't show up as crime statistics. Around here, the only way you wind up with a littering charge is if you're illegally dumping a lot of trash or big stuff.
>>
>>2167703
Based homeless euthanizer. I’ll have to start doing this when it’s -30
>>
>>2162891
Nigger
>>
>>2162972
WITNESS ME
>>
>>2167076
welcome to diy
>>
>>2167076
I'll take 2
To gooooo
>>
>>2164099
>Defending modern communists
Yikes

I'm going say ahead of my post that I don't watch or read any news network and I do not browse social media

The most important thing about communism (and every other ideology except anarchism) is that it NEEDS nationalism to even somewhat function

If you don't believe in your country, you don't believe in your countrymen and you dgaf about anything

Whether there is a large plot to subvert American culture or not, it should be clear to anyone that's half observant that normies (especially lefties) are anti-nationalist. No matter your beliefs, no matter what ideologies your subscribe to, you have to be a nationalist if they have any chance of working.

Communism is retarded, but the overarching theme through every faction of people who controlled/ tried to control Russia/USSR in the last 150 years is that they are all ridiculously nationalistic and patriotic. Reading quotes from leaders that were murderer/executed, they all say the same thing "I was doing right by my country"

Its actually pretty interesting that so many men went to their deaths, head up, chest out knowing (regardless of their approach) they did what they thought was best for their home country.
Meanwhile, American communists are willfully killing themselves through malnutrition and won't leave the house to do anything if it doesn't involve craft beer, wine, or a Grindr meet up
>>
>>2167703
Doing the lord's work anon. If the city won't clean up it's mess, at least the citizens can do their part.
>>
>>2165668
The poor are poor because they are poor people. You never see a genuinely good person that is living in squalor.
>>
>>2168150
It's in their genes. They'll never amount to anything.
They're alien to hard work.
>>
>>2164099
OWS is where the progenitors of woke idpol nonsense cut their teeth. White males were shouted down so brown, queer, disabled, etc people could make their idiot opinions heard. The protest fizzled because of the futility of arguing with these useless distractions. Wall street couldn't have picked a better poison to turn that movement against itself.
>>
>>2164099
It’s pretty fucking rich that you cite OWS when they were literally turned into Antifa by (drum roll).... Wall Street. Modern leftists have zero room to talk about gargling the nuts of corporate oligarchs.
>>
>>2163481
>dump it out
Throw the bags right on to the spikes. The paper won't matter when it rains.
>>
>>2166712
Because you suck dick for crack?
>>
>>2167703
You're lucky I've got a stable job, because if I were homeless I'd take that bottle you offered me and as soon as you turn your back I'd smash you over the head with it and shank you to death with the shards. You completely deserve it you awful piece of shit.

Plus it'd be a win-win for me. Free warm room and free meals for the rest of my life courtesy of you and the taxpayers, may not be luxurious but it beats the streets and I get the satisfaction of knowing I removed a monster from society.

If you won't help people and you won't simply be neutral, but instead actively and maliciously harm people then you completely deserve to get stabbed in the back and you inevitably will. Good riddance.
>>
>>2168344
>not keeping your eyes on the bum until you're at least several feet away
I highly doubt anon would make such an obvious error, most bums have some serious mental problems. Also, screw you, the only people who promote this shit are people who've never had to deal with it.
>>
>>2168344
>If you won't help people and you won't simply be neutral, but instead actively and maliciously harm people
You're describing homeless sympathizers who actively aid and abet criminals in our community right? If you don't give at least one homeless person a place to live in your own home, then you can piss off
>>
>>2162832
Why not volunteer at a homeless shelter or other opportunity instead of seeking to destroy infrastructure you degenerate.
>>
>>2162926
In that case, all the better for spikes that keep them away from normal functioning members of society.
>>
>>2167703
I don't like the homeless either but this is just sociopathic.

You're pretty fucked in the head, anon.
>>
>>2168344
Jokes on you, those bottles are plastic lol. I’m just spreading some holiday cheer m8, they could easily have a sip or two and climb into their pile of garbage for a relatively decent nights sleep. Not my fault they can’t resist downing the whole thing.
>>
>>2168344
>because if I were homeless I'd take that bottle you offered me
And then you would drink the spirits because it keeps you warm at night when sleeping on the streets
>>
>>2168379
It makes you *feel* warmer, but it actually cools you down.
>>
>>2163568
>damp squid
>>
>>2163229
chinese factory workers aren't communists, they're slaves.

Their masters in the CCP have never worked a day in their lives.
>>
>>2167703
Not all heroes wear capes.
>>
>>2162972
all the homeless have gone in the last year in my city guess covid cleaned them up
>>
>>2162832
thermite. how did no one mention it, idk. this is supposed to be a pragmatists board, but I guess even here people can't get shit done...
>>
>>2162832
Pour concrete on these. Might aswell level the durface
>>
>>2164094
You'd be surprised. There's a whole mess of shredded tarp and OSB off the highway near me, they cut back the trees for fire retardation and accidentally a homeless camp.
>>
>>2163294
Cold turkeying alcohol can literally kill you though. One of the few drugs where withdrawals are genuinely potentially life threatening, usually through seizures.
>>
>>2163343
Terrible b8
>>
>>2168333
Underage, pls go
>>
>>2168814
You only suck dick for crack from those 18 or over? It's good to have principles.
>>
>>2163594
It was both the pandemic and epoxy projects started getting really trendy.
>>
>>2162891
If only we lived in the kinder days of yore where close knit communities took care of the homeless:
>In 1495, Parliament passed the Vagabonds and Beggars Act ordering that "vagabonds, idle and suspected persons shall be set in the stocks for three days and three nights and have none other sustenance but bread and water and then shall be put out of Town.
Or how wonderful treatment they gave the homeless?
>Sadly, there were those who were unfortunate
enough to be without family or who's problems were too difficult to care for,
and they were cast from their homes and villages and forced to roam the
countryside.
>>
>>2168888
Today no one is force from Town, and many roam who were not cast out. I too long for the old ways.
>>
>>2164094
They absolutely are
>>
>>2163346
Pressure washing humans is considered assault in most municipalities. In Seattle, for example, pressure washing the homeless would almost certainly land you a hate crime decision as well.
>>
>>2163486
In order to get rid of the parasites at the bottom, you first have to rid your system of the parasites at the top.
>>
>>2163386
>>2162880

Use concrete. Cheap and if you're careful by the time the wheels of undoing have turned it will have cured and be difficult to fix. Quick prep the surface with descaler then water.
>>
>>2165921
>Implying psychiatry/psychology even meets the basic requirements for being evidence based or hypothesizable.
>>
>>2169174
Yet both have existed since the dawn of time. How can it be done now?
>>
>>2162832
>Any suggestions?
you won't do anything, you're just virtue signalling.
>>
>>2165668
the reason that the mentally ill sleep on the street now is because shitlibs closed all the institutions
>>
>>2169369
>because shitlibs closed all the institutions
Oh NOW you want your tax dollars running huge expensive institutions to drug up and control the dredges of society, instead of letting them just die quickly in the cold.
>>
>>2169375
they don't "die quickly in the cold," they move to places with temperate climates and shoot heroin
>>
>>2162832
First thing that comes to mind is some type of epoxy/resin that will cure at the same level as the tips of the spikes.
>>
>>2163568
You absolute retard. Moot is the correct usage.
>>
>>2162880
Maybe he means drown the homeless people in expanding foam
>>
>>2162832
>round up some kids from a liberal college campus
>throw some buckets of red paint on there, make a scene about the injustice, etc
>get on news
???
>>
File: chinese prisoner parts.jpg (232 KB, 1215x883)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>2169591
If you encased them in epoxy resin, you could turn them into a traveling show.
>>
>>2169309
They'll put another set of spikes on top of the concrete. If you keep adding layers of concrete, eventually you end up accomplishing the owner's goal of making it a difficult place for homeless to sleep.
>>
>>2168807
Gaaaaaaay
I've gone from drinking 4 bottles of wine a day to 0 three or four times. Those first three days are fucking rough, but the quality of life being a homless alcoholic can't be much better than actually giving it a shot.
>>
>>2163021
retarded, you think the US isn't controlled by the ultra wealthy and political creme of the crop? There's no need to cause a revolution. The woke rethoric is instead about causing divide and conquer, and neutralizing middle-class self-interest.
>>
>>2169860
I literally said it's convenient that these leftists who believe they're "revolutionaries" completely align their beliefs with corporations and the wealthy. They aren't revolutionaries, there is no revolution in the traditional sense of the word, just a replacement of the people in positions of political power.

And yes, the whole social justice movement is funded by jews (who make up over 90% of the top 1%) to get people to fight with each other instead of against the bankers and media executives and politicians, who are all primarily jewish; the people who are actually hurting the public.
>>
>>2163986
>Seattle
I used to love that city so much. Even with its retarded politics it was beautiful and a great town. Now it's just, I don't know, sad doesn't even cover what's happened to it and how the citizens won't do anything to fix it.
>>
File: 1627150951437.webm (1.35 MB, 592x1280)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB WEBM
>>2168344
>Actively harming people
>By giving them a holiday gift
>Something they really want

Your fucking retarded. The worlds populate are not your children. Let them live their own lives.
>>
>>2165668
Yeah if people would stop destroying this stuff with sledgehammers there wouldn’t be any room for homeless people to exist.
>>
>>2166876
>you. At least the illegal Mexicans contribute to society by working the jobs no one else wants to do.
No, they create the jobs no one else wants to do and destroy jobs people want to do that can support living for a legal resident
>>
>>2170343
Are you saying that illegal aliens unionizing would stop them from being exploited by wicked capitalist establishment that refuses to pay a living wage?
That sounds like a pretty commie thing to say.
>>
>>2162832
He’s probably trying to destroy them so he can sleep there
>>
>>2162919
>beat us to space
Who gives a flying a fuck, you brainlet
>>
>>2163118
>sell to bums
Lol what part of you is Jew the part that shapeshifts into a plague rat?
>>
>>2170349
Did you see me say that? Then no, I’m not saying that, you fucking nigger
>>
>>2162832
I need these under my desk.
>>
>>2170364
Raising minimum wage would harm small businesses and would harm poor people more than it would help them. Fuck you commie moron
>>
>>2170369
My uncle needs these in the driver seat of his truck
>>
>>2170370
I don’t care about your or your non sequitur opinions. Keep simping, you pathetic wageslave
>>
>>2170372
Post body and bank account big guy

I work for myself, lift 6 days a week, own all my vehicles outright, have less than 100k left on my mortgage and can build a house bottom to top to code by myself except for charging the a/c and connecting plumbing and electrical service to the house (I could do a septic system in the country if necessary).

Get fucked you worthless, skill-less, friendless, accomplishmentless, penniless, weak, piece of shit.

Come back after you've done literally anything worthy of mention. This board is obviously not for people like you.

/R9k/ can be found in the drop-down menu or in the links at the top of the page
>>
>>2164076
based. heil hitler. fuck the commie faggot op that made this thread.
>>
>>2170394
>build a house bottom to top to code by myself except for charging the a/c and connecting plumbing and electrical service to the house
That's not impressive. Code compliance is just reading.
>>
>>2170402
Based. 1488 brother.
>>
>>2162929
Commies of that era were Jews all about exterminating Goyim.
>>
>>2170406
Btfo
>>
>>2170315
austrian economist pls go, it's time to rape your child slaves
>>
>>2170394
>>
>>2170394
>accomplishmentless
Found the public school wagie
>>
>>2170394
Who cares? That has nothing to do with what he said. You sound like a hopeless alcoholic.
>>
Hail anarchy! Commit armed takeover of the building with the spikes and turn it into a homeless militia base. Hail anarchy!
>>
>>2162832
I don't understand, can't you literally just lie balsawood boards on top of these? Their biggest design flaw is that they are all of equal height, so you use them as supports for a livable pad.
>>
>>2171242
>balsa wood
Heavy cardboard and wood pallets are abundant and free.
>>
File: BRTky.jpg (44 KB, 680x511)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>2170394
>>
>>2170394
This is some of the best shitposting in this whole bait thread.
>>
>>2162836
>>2169590
>Moot
Who?
>>
>>2171372
Gookmoot
>>
>>2164153
>I argue with communists on twitter, that's how I know they are real
>I met real life communists in college. they are taking over america!
>>
>>2168018
do you really think I'm defending modern communists? If so, I'm not being clear. There are no modern communists. Or rather there are, but they are an extremely tiny group. They aren't a political force in this country, but the right won't stfu about them, because they are the perfect strawman. Boomers remember fighting communism, but can't remember their grandson's faces because of parkinsons and alzheimers. But by god, nothing scares them more than blacks, communists and gays. ( immigration / socialism / trans rights - if you want to look at the current line up ). Anytime you hear someone on the right ranting about communism, you can tell they are just full of shit. Not because they are inherently wrong - communism sucks - but because it's an argument only they are having.

Try and help out homeless? COMMUNISM
Stop cops from shooting people? COMMUNISM
Use tax dollars for healthcare instead of energy subsidies? COMMUNISM
Who gives a fuck which bathroom someone uses? COMMUNISM

>>2168150
>Yes, money = good person. God made me rich. Other people are poor because they are bad people. I can do whatever I want to poor people, because they are by definition bad people.

Great value system there

>>2168303
Oh right, its genetics. Maybe we should start sterilizing "poor white trash" again like they used to in Virginia.

>>2168326
>were literally turned into Antifa
You have no idea what you are talking about. OWS was destroyed by corporate media because it was a threat to them. It's worth noting that RT won awards covering OWS. They understood how fundamentally disruptive it was for people to try and hold banks and corporations responsible for the housing market crash/ government bailout. That was why they helped magnify it.

>2170370

>Raising minimum wage would harm small businesses and would harm poor people more than it would help them. Fuck you commie moron

raising minimum wage? COMMUNISM!

>>2170394
Thanks, this is amazing, saving as copypasta
>>
beauty is truth is justice. homeless people are visibly ugly because that reflects the ugliness of their soul. they're getting what they deserve.
>>
>>2163586
is it on public property? does the public own the building, or is it owned by an individual or corporation?
>>
>>2162832
Destroy your brain with a bullet, faggot
>>
>>2162832
Heat up some sort of rubber stopper and put it on the spikes
>>
It’s simple. Take one skater boy teenager. Gib him 100$ to do a tail slide on this wage. Get him kill by spikes and alarm media about it. Watch person responsible for installing spikes get fired.
Or
Hit the spike with your head and sue the city
>>
>>2171622
>sue the city
Why is the city responsible for private property?
>>
>>2171698
That’s public space moron, it’s literally regulated by the city
>>
>>2170406
There's a difference between academically approaching something and actually doing it.

/Diy/ is chock full of worthless, lazy, poor, unmotivated idiots who'll never accomplish anything.
>>
>>2163021
>mentioning Yuri Bezmenov

looks like you swallowed that fascist culture warrior propaganda ;)
>>
>>2171705
>That’s public space moron,
Window sills are not public space.
>>
>>2162832
Are you homeless?
>>
>>2162868
>Drown them in expanding foam.
cement.
>>
>>2162832
Just put two fucking pallets over top the spikes and then sleep on that shit nigger
>>
>>2162972
>burger homeless are another breed though. i had more crazy homeless interactions in 1 week in NYC than my entire life in bong.
lol i saw like 10 homeless people my entire week in nyc, come to california where they live in front of your house, and have access to cheap meth, lol
>>
just an fyi, theres many types of homeless people. and ill put them into order. from most common to least common.
tweakers/junkys - half are absolutley terrible people, the others are just hot messes, not really trying to screw anyone over. but fucked up in the head from those drugs
the old and physically incapable - poor guys, usually cuase they dont have family and/or savings :(
the mentally incapable- i wish we could open the looney bins back up for anti-social ones
lazy idiots (not on meth or heroin) who have succumed to rising prices around them and havent adapted
fulltime travelers.
people who got temporarily hit with hard luck

the tweakers and junkies are just the most in your face about it and give alll homeless a reallllly bad rap
>>
>>2162832
thermite, in theory
>>
>>2162832
would probably be easier to target the source of the problem. get rid of your local crackheads and spikes will not be put up
>>
>>2167836
shiny and chrome
>>
>>2164023
>>2164018
>>2164016
>>2163986
>>2163892
>>2163605
>>2163589
>>2163486
>>2163479

Do you think that the problem might be the existence of a minimum wage, and income -dependent welfare?
Maybe if it were legal to pay someone almost nothing, and instead of welfare for people who don't earn anything there was only a small UBI for everyone, then really dumb/inefficient people could find (mildly) gainful employment to supplement their UBI and thus, crucially, have a role to play in society.
I feel people get it the wrong way around:
"mental illness causes unemployment and homelessness".
Maybe it's the other way around:
people who aren't worth 7/12/15 $ an hour cannot keep a job and are driven insane by the realization that they do not have a place in our society.
>>
File: 1611846692917.jpg (106 KB, 902x801)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
lmao this is a funny thread
>I'm a hero because I allow junkies to sleep in front of walgreens
>increasing minimum wage? That's communism!
>um sweaty, China isn't fascist, theyre communist because they call themselves communist
>um sweaty, those annoying shits you encounter in every major US city; they aren't communists, they just call themselves communist
>libshits singlehandedly killed the insane asylums
>you're a fascist culture warrior if you think the US won the space race

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.