[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 0c0.jpg (167 KB, 800x491)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>put up job listing
>don't list pay
Why do businesses do this?
>>
They're probably trying to attract people who can't afford to worry about pay and have to take whatever they can get.
That, or they want to fuck over unprepared applicants in wage negotiations.
>>
>>2137428
>Why do businesses do this?
It's a filter.
Some retards would try to apply to every job after a certain pay level despite their experience and qualification. If the pay isn't listed they don't care.
People who actually want the job will call you.
>>
Pay is depending on negotiation. If you don't know what you're worth and what the average salary is on the field, it's your loss.
>>
>>2137447
Do they expect wagies moving cars around dealer lots or doing oil changes to negotiate their wages, because these are the only sorts of jobs I see who don't bother listing pay and I can't filter them while looking for actual jobs.
>>
>>2137428
dumb boomer managers do this. They think tricking someone into working for less for no reason is a good idea that comes without consequences.
Here's a story from when I was much younger
>be me
>high performing employee
>get paid $76k/year
>ask what I need to do to work towards next promotion
>"oh, anon, well....it's going to be at least a year or two before we can think about promoting you"
>fast forward 2 months
>other company offers me more than I asked for during salary negotiations and offers me $92k/year
>put in notice, tell current employer I have a job offer for $102k/year
>they offer me $105k/year to stay
>'so you're telling me you have no problem paying me $105k/year, but you've been paying me $76k/year instead?'
I told them my decision to leave was final the moment they offered to beat the other place's salary. The only reason they weren't paying me what I wanted to make was because they thought they could get away with it. They could have been paying me a higher amount the entire time. 10 times out of 10 I'll work at the company that knows they could have paid me less and chooses to pay a higher salary anyways as good will rather than work at a company that is so cheap they think jewing down their employees is a good idea.
>>
File: 1623084791629.gif (2.98 MB, 640x640)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
>>2137453
>other company offers me more than I asked for during salary negotiations and offers me $92k/year
>put in notice, tell current employer I have a job offer for $102k/year
based
>>
he who says the first number loses
>>
Literally not a single job listing here in my country say what the salary is.
>>
>>2137453
This story made my peepee the big peepee. Opportunities to really give a proper "fuck you, and here's why" to some shitty employer and actually have it not be some impotent thing are rare, unironically tell that story until you're dead. It gives me hope anon
>>
>>2137428
In addition to previously mentioned, a lot of job ads are simply fake to harvest personal data. HR firms in particular with fake job ads to sell employers larger lists of potential slaves.
>>
>>2137440
based and HR pilled.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.