[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4chan plan.jpg (1.33 MB, 4960x3507)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
I'm a draftsman and my Cousin seems to think I can redesign his house. What would /diy/ do to this floorplan?

The house is part double brick, part timber and fibre cement studwork, with a tiled timber roof. Its in Perth and the sun rises in the East and sets in the West.
>>
File: 4achan export.jpg (1.01 MB, 3508x4962)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
They want another bathroom and want to move the kitchen/dining to the pool side. This is what I've come up with so far.
>>
Dont do it you stupid crime nigger

DONT FUCKING DOIT
>>
>>2103374
Why do you care faggot? I'm not charging him and its a shitbox of a house.
>>
>>2103360
Jesus christ
>>
>>2103353
I'd place kids in the study, though
>>
>>2103395
Also, it's insane amount of work moving plumbing. Been there done that
>>
>>2103353
SUPER HAPPY FUN SLIDE.
>>
>>2103360
Looks like a total gut and rebuild. There's almost no point in salvaging the existing house with that many changes. Anyway.
>master bath is way too small and has a window apparently
>master closet is way too large and isn't separated from the bedroom
>master bedroom door opens outward directly into the living room
>people from the street have a clear view of your cousin and his wife fucking
>3 bedrooms sharing 1 bath, not even a separate sink and tub/toilet space
>bedroom 4 has no closet
>other 2 bedrooms have what looks like cabinets as closets
>no linen/broom closets anywhere
>no pantry
>kitchen is 5 miles away from the main entry (think about carrying groceries)
>it's an absolute bitch to carry any furniture through the main entry due to the sharp bend
>diagonal wall for no reason
>door between living/dining and the kitchen
>powder room doesn't have a sink
>no stoop for side entrance
>>
>>2103699
Thanks for the serious reply. Yes those are all true and I have been telling them to just build a new house.

The random diagonal angle is to circumvent the planning regulations that say you can't build a bedroom closer than 1m to the boundary.
>>
File: outbuilding.jpg (1.27 MB, 3508x4962)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>2103699
This is what I'm going to tell them to do. Building from scratch is cheaper than modifying that old piece of shit. So they get to keep their "charming" bungalow and the kids get their own place. Also they can rent it out later down the line.
>>
>carport
is it 1955 again?
>>
>>2104710
>is it 1955 again?
I really wish it were
>>
>>2104710
The house was built in the 50s, so yes.
>>
>>2105555
Your digits make me think maybe 1955?
>>2104710
If it's the South, carports are pretty common still. Even Florida State coaching legend Bobby Bowden has a carport on his mansion even though he was earning $2.5 million per year when he was coaching.
>>
File: final design.jpg (1.18 MB, 3508x4962)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
This is what they went for in the end. They want to add a second story on top of the new rooms on the right. They're not going to get it for AUD$200,000
>>
>>2105687
Ngl that left side looks retarded.
>>
>>2105573
Floridaman here.

I miss my carport, a hurricane done took it ;_;

I could park and walk inside without getting wet and shit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.