[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 32 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wheeliebinshed.jpg (171 KB, 1847x727)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>Cheaper
>Bigger
>On wheels

Why aren't YOU using a wheelie bin for garden storage?
>>
Because I'm too busy being a dumb cunt and making posts about dumpsters being used as sheds.
>>
>>2103031
This thread again? It's still a retarded idea.
>>
>>2103031
Do you not see how dumb this is? The very mobility you boast about is in fact it's downfall. Someone will steal the bin or steal the stuff out of the bin if they know you store garden tools in there.
>>
>>2103104
>what is a chain and padlock?
>>
>>2103105
>can drive off with your entire shed
>>
>>2103105
Okay mate that's fine have a bin in your back garden, I'll choose a chef.
>>
>>2103105
>what is a chain cutter?
>>
>>2103031
thats not bigger. also, how the fuck are you going to get a lawn mower in that?
>>
>>2103031
>I need you lawnmower
>sure, let me just get a crane to unload it
kys
>>
>>2103231
kek
>>
>>2103158
if you are using a dumpster for cuckshed, none of your neighbors will look at you strange when you manhandle an entire lawn mower in order to shove it in the dumpster
they will already know you are retarded weirdo by your other "customs"
>>
>>2103255
>giving a shit what the neighbors think
>>
>>2103231
I suppose you could cut a hole in the front
>>
>>2103268
>>
>>2103031
My dad used to keep his tools in an extra wheelie bin he had. One day I put it out for collection. He was like “what were you thinking”, and I was like “putting t bin out”. The look on his face when he suddenly realised the error of his ways was priceless.
>>
>>2103031
Arn’t bins more expensive?
>>
>>2103383
What a little shit, you knew he kept his tools in there
>>
>>2103383
That look on his face was counting how many months old you were by that point to figure out if it was still legal to coat hanger you.
>>
>>2103031
Real talk... have you ever tried rolling anything like that with 4 casters that all turn? It’s nearly impossible with one person, especially with a little bit of weight and any sort of speed or hill.
>>
>>2103384
It's safer dealing with commodities.
>>
>>2103031
I have a, 8'x16' shed and a garage.
>>
Hey good idea you could even have several ones in different colors some new some old and stuff all kinds of shit into them, you can even fill one with water and bathe in it

Plus they are super cheap if you just steal them, and noone will expect you to throw any of those expensive ass parties anymore as your back yard is full of dumpsters

Hahahah im dying op please go on
>>
A large wheelie bin costs like 500 bucks.
You can buy a prefab storage shack for that.
>>
>>2103927
>you can even fill one with water and bathe in it

Well, I'm on a water meter so that would be expensive. You could use one as a diy shower cubicle though
>>
>>2103931
Just keep it outside.
It will slowly collect rain water.
These things aren't water-proof.
>>
Fuck no is this thread dying,
>>
>>2103104
the fuck tools are you going to fit in there? shovels for midgets? hand trowels?
>>
>>2103031
Im trying to think of a good use for that bin. But i cant think of one besides dumping garbage. I dont want to lift out my mower or power washer. I dont want to jump in to get smaller tools. I dont want to have a dumpster in my backyard
>>
>>2103281
ok let me use a crane and lift it less
>>
>>2106203
Make a banging outdoor hot tub, ladies would love it.
>>
>>2103259
>Having neighbors.
>>
File: Dumpster Dive 002.jpg (451 KB, 1280x960)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
Hey i have one of these for my kids to play in
>>
>>2107023
It was super cheap too it was just sitting out in the street just let the racoons do the heavy lifting and blast it with the hose
>>
>>2103268
That would work, then you'd just need to secure it to the ground so you can pull it out. Most bins are still too small though so you would probably want to do a custom build, wood would work as it's cheap and durable. I think we're pretty close to making this work!
>>
>>2103031
>get stolen, giving the hobo a fucking wheels to easily take it.
>>
>>2103031
It's not cheaper though.
Also what the fuck is that tiny shed lol? It's made for midgets.
>>
You are not thinking big enough. Just make one into your home.

You can even have a deck on top.
>>
>>2103281
as someone with back problems, ill just wheel it out my cuckshed thanks
>>
>storing your belongings in a trash bin
do yuropoors really
>>
>>2103031
Imagine actually storing a lawnmower inside a wheelie bin.
>>
I store my compost in them. Once it has been through the bays I put it through sieves and put the fine stuff into a bin for potting/seed starting and the course stuff into another bin for general use. I like to leave them in the sun for a couple of years to get red hot as an additional sterilisation step too. It isn't easy to get the last bits out so I kick them over and use a shovel.
>>
>>2103268
>>2107041
>>2103281
Do it OP, DIY a loader on your wheelie bin. Post results.
>>
File: utility-garden-wagon.jpg (193 KB, 1000x1000)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>2103031
that "shed" is a pathetic piece of europoor trash for midgets and the bin idea is so bad I don't think you should be near power tools just let your lawnmower loicense expire and hire a pole to do it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.