[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: free wood chips.png (495 KB, 867x873)
495 KB
495 KB PNG
What projects can I accomplish with this stuff? It's free so I'm eager to get at least one load for crafts or home and garden. Can't use for fuel because wood burning is not allowed in the county.
>>
>>2077692
Fuel, fuck your retarded laws.
>>
>>2077692
Backyard pyramid.

Regards,
Steve
>>
>>2077692
you can make your own gasoline.
>>
Grow some shrooms.
>>
>>2077692
>It's free
Not a good reason.
>>
>>2077704
Kek
>>
>>2077692
he's giving it away because it's all contaminated with plastic and trash and he wants it gone asap and is literally dumping it on someone else. if it was good quality wood he'd be able to sell it.
>>
>>2077741
This could be viable if you know what kind of wood it is
>>
>>2077794
it is mostly pine, will that work?
>>
>>2077782
Ackshually, in a lot of areas, people who operate mulching/brushclearing rigs have to pay to dispose of the dumptrucks full of chips and waste that they accumulate. They often seek landowners that will let them dump for free as they can sometimes save hundreds of dollars a week by doing so.
Which I guess doesn't really factor in to whether or not this particular batch is contaminated, but what reason is there to suspect that it should be?
>>
>>2077698
This. Turn them into wood pellets for a pellet stove
>>
>>2077834
>but what reason is there to suspect that it should be
None. He's retarded.
>>
Turn them into NFTs
>>
you could glue/nail them together to make some furniture
>>
>>2077847
>>2077692
This, OP, mix them with glue and mold them into a pallet shape and you'll have plenty of projects to do with them then
>>
It looks like pine but find out if it's hard wood. If it is, bag and sell it for smoking
>>
>>2077834
>landowners that will let them dump for free
Never thought of it that way but what harm can come from accepting a 5-yard load?
>>
>>2077803

Yes.
>>
>>2077961
Ask your mum
>>
spray paint it black and sell it to city faggots as "heritage charcoal" for their BBQs
>>
>>2078049
kek this is actually a good idea
>>
>>2077741
this.
>>
Sell it by the small truckload on Craigslist. You’d probably make some good money.
>>
>>2078009
What’s the sauce on this pic? I want to coom.
>>
>>2078049
ha, this anon gets it
>>
>>2077741
Holy mother of based.
>>
>>2077692
Could use them as stove fuel for heat
>>
>>2078344
>>2077782
>it's all contaminated with plastic and trash
Nevermind. Don't take someone else's trash that you have no use for just because they're giving it away for free.
>>
File: justsfw.jpg (314 KB, 1199x800)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>2078099
Idk context
>>
>>2077692
Because it's been shredded the only thing that is good for is mulch. Even then, the wood chips are too big and it would need to be ran through a chipper to make them smaller so they will decompose faster. This one is tricky... If it's pallet wood then I wouldn't' want it in a garden because of the chemicals. If it's just chopped up trees then yes it would be fine. Post on Craigslist or a Facebook garden group to see who could use some free mulch. A lot of hippies would love to have "all natural no pesticides" mulch. If that guy would just chop it up finer he could off load it much faster. People use mulch in flower beds and when planting new trees to keep the weeds down and it improves the soil. Maybe see if a nursery could use some. Buy some generic 5 gallon plastic bags, bag it up, and start your own mulch business. Sell it to a nursery for $1.50 a bag and let them re-sell it for $8 a bag. You gotta keep the price low and the quantity high so they'll actually buy it.
>>
Dude all you need is some glue and a press and you could make hella money making OSB plywood

We’re looking at $10,000 worth of lumber in the making boys
>>
File: chip.jpg (227 KB, 1280x946)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>2077834
here all city's now operate wood chip burners to supply CO2 free heat to houses, schools, public baths.

or why not sell it to homeowners for their backyard.

>>2078353
maybe its pressure treated wood contaminated with the fuck knows and someone wants to dispose it for cheap .
>>
>>2078369
>>
>>2077692
find a way to reduce size of them use some of it as mulch in your garden
if it's pine it could do some good for roses since they like acidic envirments
burn the rest
>>
you could whittle thousands of wooden buttons
>>
>>2077692
Make charcoal. It's a convenient and energy rich fuel. You must still be allowed to use a charcoal BBQ.
>>
>>2078369
>here all city's now operate wood chip burners to supply CO2 free heat to houses, schools, public baths.
>operate wood chip burners to supply CO2 free heat to houses
>wood chip burners to supply CO2 free heat
>wood chip burners
>CO2 free

Nigger did you just go full retard?
>>
>>2078449
Does the wood type matter?
>>
>>2078470
hardwoods are best but any will work
>>
>>2078049
lmao, do this
>>
>>2078465
not that anon, but
If they are burning wood, which releases co2, and then that co2 is absorbed by trees which are growing, and then they eventually burn those trees and repeat..... then isn't it carbon neutral?
>>
>>2078465
The CO2 is sequestered and re-used in beverage production and industry so it's a win-win.
>>
>>2078049
No one is retarded enough to mistake wood for coal
>>
>>2077692
>charcoal
>fuel
>gardening
unless you have the capability of making plywood the use of wood chips is endless.
>>
File: 1615763200854.png (440 KB, 507x513)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
Use as a deep mulch system for Chickens or pigs. Look up Korean Natural farming for EASILY creating your own IMO (Indigineos micro organisms) concentrates that reduces smell to 0 and requires no cleanout really of the animal area with the deep mulch.

Alternativly, pile it up or many small piles or rows and innoculate with a wood loving fungi. Oyster mushrooms if softwood and shitake or lionsmane if softwood
>>
>>2078350
She's so happy doing what she does
>>
>>2078722
you've never met city faggots
>>
>>2077692
That isn't exactly what your chips will look like. We get this every 2 years or so and use it to mulch our gardens ( almost entire back yard ). They are shredding trees that they trim / pull out. So what you get isn't ever that clean looking.

You can ALWAYS get it, so don't feel the FOMO.
>>
>>2078846
mate i am from the city
>>
>>2079056
then you are a city faggot
>>
>>2078722
charcoal is not coal.
>>
>>2079056
How in the fuck are you gonna accept a 5-yard load?
>>
>>2079240
i won't
im not OP
>>
OP just wanted affirmation so xir can hoard wood chips and one way to save them is in shipping containers where they protect the imitation crab meat from impact and act as insulation.

Post pics of chip hoard when done.
>>
>>2079265
If they're free, then I can't lose money.
>>
>>2078350
NASCAR camping lot. Last time I went to Talladega some dude was carting a flatbed trailer with two stripper poles on it around the series. He didn't hire or even solicit any women. Random female race fans just showed up and started taking their clothes off.
>>
>>2077834
Well if they weren't stupid they would bag it and wholesale it to nurseries. Clearly however, they don't because it's tainted.
>>
>>2079905
>wholesale it to nurseries.
Nurseries don't want bags full of 3-4" chips, even if clean. They are not useful in the garden because they take too long to break down. A finer grind, followed by a composting period, is necessary to create a useful mulch.
>>
>>2077704
second post best post
>>2077741
growing mushrooms on fresh wood or wood in big pieces, and i assume pic related is both, is not possible
>>2077803
is it fresh? fresh pine have agents in the wood that activly kill mushroom. it's self defence for wood.

honestly i'd go with the pyramid
>>
>>2079278
when you also have to give them away for free because you cant use them all, you'll lose money on whatever method of delivery you choose
>>
>>2077782
I have enough money that wasting my life selling random shit is just that, wasting life. I have given away plenty of perfect wood and cement building units just the last few months.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.