[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 58 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

do you pack lunch or pick up lunch?
lunchbox of choice?
favorite lunch?
>>
I just skip lunch.
>>
>>2068008
ah, a fellow patrician

I typically don't eat "lunch", here's my daily routine (sadly):

>wake up, smoke a cigarette
>drive to work, smoke a cigarette
>load up the vans with all the shit we need that day and a couple things we don't
>drive to gas station, purchase two egg rolls and a hashbrown
>smoke a cigarette
>consume breakfast, get to job site, work six or eight hours straight while snacking on beef jerky
>smoke at least twelve more cigarettes
>return home and eat approximately 20 lbs of dinner and snacks throughout the night while smoking even more cigarettes

one of my coworkers is even more frightening. when I first started working with him he bought a king size reeses cups pack and two gatorades. I laughed at him and was like "breakfast of champions", he just smiles and says "yep, every day. every day for the past three years"

I thought he was messing with me but after working with the guy for six months I realized he wasn't kidding. he literally only eats four reeses cups a day.

oh and my lunchbox of choice (gotta keep my bee jerky somewhere) is some $15 soft-bodied piece of crap I bought at walmart one day out of desperation which has actually proven to be, probably, the finest lunch box I have ever known. waterproof, doesn't get damaged if I chuck it in the back of the van, still looks brand new after 3 years of daily use. ozark trail my nigga
>>
>>2068120
>ozark trail
Based
>>
>>2068008
>I just skip lunch.

I do this a lot especially when really busy. On the days that I'm not extremely busy I'll just stop off at home and my wife will make me lunch.
>>
>>2068007
Skip breakfast
Skip lunch
Dont drink coffee or tea
I eat a large pizza (no vegetables) and a family pack of peanut m&ms for dinner with a 2l bottle of Pepsi max cherry flavour.
At the weekend I go to my mums house and eat whatever she makes me.
>>
File: br-sad.gif (327 KB, 220x220)
327 KB
327 KB GIF
>>2068173
>and my wife will make me lunch
that's sounds pretty sweet
>>
Pack lunch.

Lunchbox of choice:
Arctic Zone 30 Cans Hard Sided, Black

Will eventually get:
Engel 13 quart

I typically eat a banana, drink gfuel, a baked good (usually a hostess product), leftovers if they can be consumed cold, else a sandwiched which has all parts pan fried in butter. toasted bread on top, ham, sliced american cheese, and toasted bread on bottom. canned jalapeno on side.

if i'm feeling special, then i fill up a cup with regular wholefat yogurt.
>>
I just feed off of the sun.
>>
>>2068173
my wife offers to bring me lunch every day but the jobsite is usually impossible for her to reach
>>
>>2068173
>>2068207
Where did you meet your wife?
>>
>>2068007
Pack lunch.
Grocery bag.
Bratwursts with cheese melted on top, salad.
>>
>>2068229
4chan
>>
>>2068229
Unironically the bar...
>>
Lunch box of choice is some off brand insulated canvas bag.
I'm usually too tired or lazy to pack a proper meal so I just throw ingredients in the bag and make food. Examples would be a whole sleeve of crackers with a tin of deenz and a container of cream cheese.
Or a whole loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter. Sometimes if I'm feeling "healthy" I will throw a whole vegetable or fruit in on top of that stuff to be eaten raw.
>>
>>2068229
house party during college
>>
>>2068293
>deenz
hello /ck/
>>
>>2068007
I pack my lunch most days when I remember to make it. usually just buy two loaves of bread and make two huge sandwiches which I cut up into six smaller ones. One for each work day and one for dinner when I'm too lazy to cook.

I used to have one of those old green lunchboxes like pic related that I had for years until it shit the bed and the handle fell off. Still have the thermos but I use a Milwaukee "Packout" soft sided cooler that the company I work for gave us for christmas one year. It's alright. I can fit a whole bunch of shit in it and even some tools when I want to do stuff around the house on the weekend.
>>
>started working some place recently
>9 hour day, 1 hour unpaid lunch and two 15 minute paid breaks
Quit in a few days, would rather take less money per hour than be stuck there 45 hours a week.
I absolutely cannot stand off time in a place I do not wish to be, drives me nuts.
>>
>>2068007
I do, but not in a gay-arse lunch box like OP posted.
I have a cooler box made of hard plastic.
>>
>>2068120
>patrician
> dieing of lung cancer

Try again soft-cock
The negatives of smoking out-weigh the positives, how people still smoke cigarettes these days I have no idea.

t. ex-smoker that gave up 5 years ago, cold turkey, before vaping became a thing.
>>
>>2068207
Are you that much of a onions-boy that you can't make your own lunch and take it with you, to work?
It's not that fucking hard, just like you.
>>
>>2068229
At a skating rink while she was still in elementary school
>>
>>2068662
Auto-correct on a W10 computer?
Should read Onions-Boy.
>>
>>2068665
>he doesn't know
>>
>>2068120
So smoking really does kill hunger?
My coworker is like you.
2 sandwiches and a pack of smokes gets him through the day.
>>
>>2068664
She just entered 8th grade recently, I'm so proud of her.
>>
File: 1491702734539.gif (1.01 MB, 400x400)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
>>2068665
LMAO
>>
>>2068665
ROFLMAO
>söÿboí
>>
Wife makes me sandwiches. I eat them while driving. Also Rockstars and Snickers and a bump keep me going.
>>
File: 1616788950206.jpg (189 KB, 800x594)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>2068662
>>2068665
>>
>>2068665
absolutely BTFO, don't talk to me or my wife's boyfriend ever again
>>
Breakfast (takes 10 mins): 3 fried eggs, two pieces of cheese (pepper jack and sharp cheddar), one piece of turkey sausage, wrap it in a tortilla and eat within a few hours.

Nothing else until home.

Every Sunday, prepare the week's dinner (probably an hour for the whole week)
Two cans of black beans, two cans of Ranch Style beans, two cans of Serrano/tomato diced. Put a few strips of fatty bacon into the pot first. Then add the tomato/Serrano pepper mix. Then beans. Heat on medium-high for 20 minutes. Reduce to simmer. Reheat at medium after waiting a few minutes. Stir constantly until bean dip consistency. Add two pieces of cheese, wrap in a tortilla. Will usually buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it to throw into the burrito.

It makes enough for each day and tastes great. Just don't skip the bacon. Key ingredient.

The grocery bill, minus beer, is about $25-40 a week. The eggs are always purchased in bulk.. buying 30 or 60 egg packs is literally cheaper then buying a dozen "premium" eggs where I live. I will occasionally buy fruits, salad, chips, chocolate, etc. It's a budget set of meals but it tastes really good, has enough protein/carbs for hard work. Been doing it for a few years. I usually make one for my buddy like once a week. He thinks it tastes better then most taco stands. Best part is, both meals are wrapped in foil and can be eaten with one hand, on the go and will keep pretty well. If you get too busy, you won't feel bad about having to throw it out either.

Give it a shot, thank me later. Bean Anon, out.
>>
Packed lunch most days, sometimes bring a packed chicken salad from the store. When packing from home, either PB&J or cold cuts, not the most healthy stuff desu
>>
>>2071586
>wrap in foil
How do you reheat them? Never got that part about foil-wrapped food meant to be eaten hot.
>>
>>2071734
A toaster oven, dipshit. Rotate it a couple times. If you drive a veHICKle, set it on one of the the "hot parts". Are you really confounded by how foil works?
>>
>>2071589
Bean Anon, here. I do appreciate a cheap peanut butter with a more expensive jelly. The store brand version of peanut butter is about on par with big names, jellies and jams are acquired tastes and should be purchased in limited quantities until you find the perfect one. I'm pleased to shell out $5 for a good jelly if it tastes better then the rest later in the day. It's a cheap calorie count but sometimes it is enough. Eat better, work better, require less down time when you are off work. That's the point.

Beans are still the best. Peanut butter is pretty close.
>>
>>2068249
Just because he cut his dick off doesn't mean he's a woman.
>>
>>2068120
Lost all credit after saying my nigga
>>
I carry two live Rabbits in a cage attached to my toolbelt. At lunch time I crack both over the head with a wooden club, then I skin and cook them on a propane torch.
>>
>>2068007
I eat once a day around 9pm.
>>
I mostly don’t eat lunch. I have granola and a huge container of peanut butter just in case I need the energy to make it through the day. I usually have a strong cup of instant coffee in the morning, and a giant feast at night after I shower. I find that eating light makes it a lot easier to move around in the sun. Hydration is more important
>>
>>2068120
You will have a stroke or heart attack. That's for sure.
>>
>>2073666
Thanks Satan
>>
>>2068351
My Old timer boss had one of those old green lunchboxes. They look amazing.
>>
I just use one of those fabric lunch containers. Convenient for when you have containers that are irregular shaped and wouldn't fit in hard lunchbox.
>>
>>2068007
I don't eat lunch, I just eat more for breakfast and dinner.
>>
File: DRAHVE.jpg (889 KB, 2160x3822)
889 KB
889 KB JPG
Beef supreme 100 100 100 100 100 100 100
>>
Pack lunch every day
Pelican 14qt cooler is what I pack it in
usually pack: couple of boiled eggs with black pepper and crispy bacon, a banana and some honey yogurt, and some meat and cheese. Also take a liter of coffee in a stanely every day
>>
>>2068665
top kek
>>
File: file.png (140 KB, 300x300)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
This thin fits everything you want plus a reusable ice pack.
>>
>>2068665
I'm cringing so hard rn
>>
>>2068007
My lunch at work consists of a SlimFast bar and water. Sometimes a 5 Hour Energy shot or a Jet Alert caffeine tablet. I am on a small diet and I usually do not at much of an appetite in both the morning and midday.
>>
File: car.jpg (128 KB, 1024x673)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>2071734
put in car body and run it through the oven.
>>
>>2068007
I had a job supervising a bunch of illegal guatemalans being their whitey representative if some asshole wants something while they did all the work
they did lunch right
at around 10 their wives would show up with their minivans and start cooking a big meal for everyone
>>
>>2068007
One of the most important rule that my first manager told me: almost everyday there will be super important issues you have to deal with, do not fool yourself that this project will be delayed if you won't be at your workplace every hour. So... ALWAYS take care of yourself and eat properly.
Everyday we found time to go out and have a proper lunch.
Still doing it, fuck your sandwiches and 2l of cola and any other shit food, have a proper meal, it's your health, you know.
>>
Working construction, you find out that paying for lunch adds up and I've worked in areas where the nearest food spot is like an hour away.
I got a nice cheap bag that I toss my lunch in and it keeps it hot when it needs to. Typically looks like pic related.
Meat: steak, chicken, or salmon
Brown rice
Steamed veggies
I spend like 30 to 40 a week on food for the week and it keeps me full without the bloated feeling. Prep on Sunday and heat before work.
>>
>>2077125
why does that meat look so weird what even is that
>>
A random assortment of cubed chicken, nuts, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, occasionally left overs. Don't have a way to heat my food on my 23 minute lunch break, so its all cold. Plastic grocery bag and in the provided fridges at work.
>>
>>2068127
>ozark trail
>>
Force feed myself vegetables and meat in the morning even though I seldom feel like eating
Work an office job that pays decent so I eat out every day. Donair, pizza, burgers, whatever.
>>
>>2073674
They aren't bad but they're cheaping out on them lately.
>>
>>2077152
Lightly fried fish fillets
>>
>>2068007
two cheesesticks, a bag of kirkland mixed nuts and some water
>>
I usually bring either a thermos filled with hot food or a couple Sammies

There's a gas station nearby for drinks/snacks and I used to exclusively drink Coke but now it's usually unsweetened Pureleaf or water.
>>
File: fffffff.png (174 KB, 309x200)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
pick up lunch, would usually prefer an actual lunchbox but my family were cheapskates their whole life and would put all my food in an old ice cream container

pic related, basic idea of what i would get lunch in
>>
>>2073380
my nigga
>>
Cracker pack and that's it
>>
>>2073380
mah nigguh
>>
>>2068008
life is a marathon, not a sprint. theres a reason for the morning break and lunch break, you get back more focused and efficient after it. i eat a banana and a raisin bread butter sandwich on the morning break and a sandwich for lunch, i rotate between egg, ham, turkey or tuna
>>
i pack my lunch in a coleman 9 quarts cooler so i can sit on it and drink a gallon of water or more daily
>>
>>2068659
>5 years ago, cold turkey, before vaping became a thing.
Vaping was huge in 2016
>>
>>2068176
If you cut out the M&M’s and soda you’d lose weight like crazy
>>
>>2068007
Always bring lunch in a cooler (prep for week) and always eat away from site.
Go out to eat (all of the time) and you spend too much money over the long term.
Eat on site and wind up working on break.
>>
>>2068176

How's your diabetes?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.