[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: c2e18wglp6531.jpg (632 KB, 4032x3024)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
I just found out that in Utah you can make your own town with just 50 people. Then you can get rid of all the zoning laws and code bullshit and build whatever you want. A windmill tower made of shipping containers, a fire house made of pallets, the possibilities are endless. You'd also get to name the town, I was thinking Port Jo Smith and erect a shitty paper mache Mormon angel getting eaten by Zerglings.

Anyone wanna join me and meme a town into existence? Trips gets to re-name it.

/pol/ has to hide their power level or they get kicked out of the town.
>>
>>2065919
Cities fall under county and state zoning laws as well. You will have to meet or exceed their code.
>>
>>2065938
You just crushed his only dream.
>>
>>2065938
A lot of rural counties have no building code. I live in rural MN, when I bought my land I asked the lady at the courthouse how building and permitting worked. She said I could build a house out of pallets if I wanted to, just pay for a permit and don't come crying to her when it falls down.
>>
File: 1616692946998.jpg (64 KB, 611x611)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>2065938
HA your wrong, and I just spent 3 hours reading though state codes to decide that. In Utah county zoning regulations only apply within unincorporated areas of the county. Utah Code, Title 17 Chaper 27a part 1 section 202 paragraph 1 b
https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title17/Chapter27A/17-27a-S102.html

>...a county may ...[do a bunch of zoning and regulation bullshit]... within the unincorporated area of the county...

All county zoning and building ordinance powers come from this section, and none of it applies to or supersedes zoning and building ordinances created by incorporated towns or cities.

I also found out that a town can set the penalty for various crimes such as whoring, gambling, cock fighting and the like. Say a $1 fine, payable online; which also grants immunity from being charged by any other authority for the same crime as double jeopardy is unconstitutional.

>>2066700
Some random website says that I'm sure must be 100% correct says your lying.

>The states with no building codes are Colorado, Hawaii, Arizona, Arkansas, Texas, Alabama, Wyoming, Michigan, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Missouri. The counties without building codes are Delta County in Colorado, Montezuma County in Colorado, Arcosanti Urban Laboratory in Arizona, Brewster County in Texas, Wonder Valley in California, Marfa County in Texas, Terlingua Texas, and Miller County Missouri.

They say that MN has no county without building codes. Maybe your county is in districts and only the rural districts have no codes?
>>
>>2066700
They have no building code for single family residential buildings which you are building for yourself. The second you hire someone to build for you, code comes into play for liability reasons. Where in MN are you? I am just outside of Duluth.

>>2066732
Yes, state and county code just sets the minimum. allowed, which generally is zero for your own home if it is away from civilization, but see what happens if you try and build a high rise or even a multi-family home.

>Some random website says that I'm sure must be 100% correct says your lying.

You are confusing things, many states do not have building codes for single family dwellings, they let the county and city deal with that, all states have code for commercial, public, etc buildings. Just think about it for a minute, do you really think all those high rises in all the big cities in any of those states have no code they have to meet? There are multiple types of building codes, you are only looking at stuff pertaining to single family self built.

But go build your city and see what happens.

Minnesota building code in rural areas for a single family home you are building for yourself is that you have to get a building permit and maybe submit a plan. The only thing they check is that the building site is sane (not on the property line and 6" from the neighbors house, not on state protected wildlife habitat, etc), if all is well they will rubber stamp it and send you on your way.
>>
File: 1615368426358.webm (1.02 MB, 640x360)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB WEBM
>>2066809
Here they get all up in your ass about everything. How much sunlight a basement room gets. Weather or not your wood has a fucking inspectors stamp on it. How many chickens you sacrificed to Moloch when poring the foundation. The zodiac of a structural engineer you had to sell your first born son to. You are only permitted to use toilets that struggle to flush mouse shit. Oh and you have to glue fake brick or stone on the first four feet and only the first four feet of the front and any visible sides of your house. Like what the fucking hell does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>2066809
That makes sense a builder must follow code, but I can do whatever tf I want. That's the whole reason I bought the place. I'm south of Cass Lake.
>>
>>2066812
I remember watching that when it happened.
>>2066864
That's a nice area. Don't get to the middle of the state enough. Should get around to visiting some Bemidiji friends.
>>
>>2065919
Why would I want to live in a slum made out of trash in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of retarded incels
>>
>>2066884
your one and only chance to be alpha.
>>
>>2066893
Alpha of loser town
>>
>>2066812
>Oh and you have to glue fake brick or stone on the first four feet and only the first four feet of the front
Is that a government rule or an HOA rule?
>>
File: delusional1.png (296 KB, 680x511)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>anon think he can gather 50 real world people to live with him
>>
>>2065919
4 Chan town of pods
>>
>>2066945
realistically the only person he speaks to irl is his mom and even she doesn't want to live with him
>>
>>2065919
Whatever you do, don't make your entire base out of metal, or one lightning strike and your whole hippy commune is Waco'd.
>>
>>2066812
This guy gets it. Chicken sacrifices to Moloch are paramount to success.
>>
>>2066945
I lived with at peak 8 chanfags for a couple years. The lulz:hell ratio was not good. I have also known very competent 4channers, but they are the kind of people with actual shit to do and thus would not move to an autism compound to carry neets on a failed dream.
>>
>>2066812
>Oh and you have to glue fake brick or stone on the first four feet and only the first four feet of the front and any visible sides of your house. Like what the fucking hell does that have to do with anything?

it's about control

congratulations, you are a slave
>>
>>2067730
Congratulation, you failed to recognize sarcasm.
>>
>>2065919

OP here, I found this local Mormon death cult commune I can join. They think the end of the world is around the corner so they want to be self sufficient. They say I don't have to be a mormon to join.

https://osrcommunity.com/utah-co-op/
>>
File: Crawler-City-15.jpg (518 KB, 1024x684)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>2065919

ABC is already taken, so I'd like NOP (in assembler language it means "no operation", "don't do anything").

Btw I've got countless hours building with Simcity-like games and I know the town has to have:
- railway
- highway
- small airfield
- a couple main roads with bike lanes
- a residential quiet zone and a shopping area (and a park in between)

Assuming about two people per household, you could just build a small condo (7 floors, 4 apartments per floor) and you're go.
>>
>>2065919
I'm down as long as the land is cheap af with no bullshit taxes
>>
>>2065919
and since its utah you can populate that town of 50 people with all your own wives and children...
>>
>>2070370
Or just 49 wives.
>>
>>2066732
>Arcosanti Urban Laboratory in Arizona
This place is pretty cool.
>>
>>2066809
Lift bridger spotted
>>
>>2066864
>That makes sense a builder must follow code, but I can do whatever tf I want.

No you can’t dumbfuck. That’s like saying a cop has to follow the law but you don’t.
>>
File: 1611459937069.jpg (257 KB, 1568x882)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>
>>2073877
In most of the rural US, yes, you can build anything you want if it is for yourself. You may get fucked over if you ever try and sell, banks tend not to give mortgages for buying death traps and insurance can get very expensive which makes getting a mortgage even more difficult. So if that home you built is not more or less compliant it will be difficult to sell. Not at all like your example, my building a shack in the middle of nowhere will not endanger anyone but myself.
>>
>>2065919
Rolling for Utah Saints
>>
>>2065919
>erect a shitty paper mache Mormon angel getting eaten by Zerglings
BASED
>>
>>2066812
Didn't romans use blood for making concrete?
>>
>>2065919
>Then you can get rid of all the zoning laws and code bullshit
But you'd be in Utah. You can't win.
>>
>>2065919
>/pol/ has to hide their power level or they get kicked out of the town.
Fuck off
>>
>>2075672
Bone i think
>>
File: zipp.jpg (56 KB, 480x480)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2075672
>>2075680
ash, lads
romans used types of ash and other earthy elements
i dont recall them ever using blood
>>
>>2065919
You can literally do this anywhere in America so long as no one tells the government
>>
>>2075792
They used bone ash, which is not ash but pulverized bone, it is called ash because it resembles ash. No idea if they used other types of ash.
>>
>>2075052
99% of the time rural land with buildings is sold as is, this liability scenario just doesn't happen.
>>
>>2070013
I wonder what it would take to make an old aircraft carrier land-worthy with treads.
>>
>>2069850
jesus, not a yard in sight.

this shit where you're basically attached to the house next to you seems like the most miserable thing ever
>>
>>2065919

I ignored this meme thread at first but the zeroing and sperglings sentences got my laughing like hell. I'm not putting my name on anything but I'd sure make the pilgrimage if you name one of the Zergling's Cuckleson.
>>
>>2066346
>>2066700

Kek. It's true. Or just find a super ghetto like Detroit where you can trade an iPhone for a house. Buy up entire blocks for $18 and get to building.
>>
>>2066884
Methamphetamine. Have you not seen slab city on youtube?
>>
>>2069850
FUCKING UNIRONICALLY DO IT AND POST RESULTS
>>
>>2069850
The cost to join hippycamp is 20k. The well is 20k. Must build a memehouse 600 square feet or more. Must have water well. Must have a barn for animals or storage. Must be "agriculturaly productive."

But you don't have to live there on your "2 acre slice of heaven."
>>
>>2075676
NO U ORANGE MAN BAD REEEEEEE
>>
>>2077054
...a lot. Like 20 bottom half bulldozers.

Those shits are deceivingly heavy.

Would be badass tho.
>>
>>2065919
>I just found out that in utah you can choose to live like you were in uganda or haiti
Why would you want that?
>>
>>2077054
Nope, treds are for little bitches, my battleship gonna walk.

https://youtu.be/1UL6ukglbO0?t=9
>>
>>2069850
info@osrcommunity.com

I just messaged them and sent a ss of this post. Surely they will be able to match who you are.
>>
>>2078187
Why you gotta be like this? 4chan is a secret place and only 4channers are supposed to know what goes on here.

Also, what is more better, steel texas style barndominium house, or midwest style polebarn house? I was thinking monolithic dome but the ugliness makes my head hurt.
>>
>>2077041
If you get a mortgage it will more often than not require you to get insurance, banks require this to protect their investment. Has nothing to do with liability, house burns down, no insurance, property is now almost worthless since it has the remains of a burned down house on it, home owner decides to just walk away, bank now has a property worth a fraction of the mortgage, they loose money. So if the house is a death trap it will be harder and more expensive to insure which makes it harder to get a mortgage.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.