[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20210223_091614.jpg (1.37 MB, 3264x2448)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
Is there any way to unclog this shower head by taking it apart. I got a new waterheater and I believe some debris went through the line and clogged it
>>
File: 20210223_091625.jpg (1.46 MB, 3264x2448)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
Side view
>>
>>2038838
Take the hose off and shake it out first... poke a paperclip through the shower head nozzles
Donno how to take yours apart
>>
soak it in vinegar, works like magic
>>
>>2038858
Any acidic compound will dissolve calcium accumulation
ie. white vinegar or lemon juice
>>
You're goin to have to take the shower head off might as well get a new one
>>
>>2038838
Those old shower massage heads suck and they waste a lot of water; try a modern showerhead. Even a cheap 10$ one and you may be surprised how much better it works
>>
>>2039274
>they waste a lot of water
glorious fucking elephant shower
>>
>>2038838
There might be a screen at the first disconnect or at the second disconnect where the head connects to the hose. If both are clear you might have blockage behind the control valves in the wall which you'd want to try to flush the water system or replace the shower water lines and handle mixer what ever the hell it's called. I'm not a plumber just dealt with a few shitty situations so don't go ripping out your walls right away.
>>
File: 980x.jpg (37 KB, 580x358)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2038838
>can afford a new water heater
>can't afford to replace a $20 shower head with another $20 shower head
>>
>>2038838
idk suck on it lmao
>>
>>2038838
replace that crusty old thing bro
new massage heads are pretty cool
>>
the vinegar is good solve there is also a US product called CLR thats good dissolving minerals that would have been in water heater
>>
>>2039200
What is this about the outhouse

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.