[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20210113_164643.jpg (960 KB, 2880x2880)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
Hello /diy/, I live on a 7 acre farm that aside from the pasture has a decent amount of trees and as a result I have alot of squirrels on my property.
Since the squirrels are my bros I built this decent size squirrel house out of scrap wood I had lying around.
There's a dead tree on my property close to the house that forms a "Y" shape about 8 feet off the ground that I was gonna cut off and nail this onto there. The whole in the floor is for the squirrels to climb in and out of the house.

Tell me /diy/, how did I do?
>>
Why'd you build a house for squirrels? You trying to lure them in so you can mess with their heads and do weird sex stuff with them?
>>
That is not up to squirrel code, buddy.
>>
>>2002675
I think >>/an/ would have a better idea what squirrels want.
>>
Someone needs to hunt squirrels
>>
>>2002692
I was asking about the general quality of the build
>>
>>2002705
The fact that there's no squirrels in it should tell you something.
>>
>>2002675
>The whole in the floor
>>
>There's a dead tree on my property
Fell the dead tree.
Cut and spilt into cord wood.
Build a fire with said cord wood.
Toss that trash you made onto the fire as a sacrifice to the wood Gods and hope they are appeased. If you don't and the Gods become angry, the fighting of the gods may caused the destruction of the world.
>>
are you going to shoot the squirrels?
>>
>>2002675
they like small tunnels not a giant dog house, build onel ike this one https://youtu.be/gkgsEROwKc0
>>
>>2002711
Kek

this fuckin guy...
>>
>>2002742
>whole
>>
>>2002675
Yeah something about housing vermin is making me uneasy. People do this with feral cats but that's one cat most likely. With squirrels what's the likelihood that it ends up housing hundreds like a rats nest? Cats could have rabies but again that's one cat likely being housed vs a possibility of hundreds of squirrels carrying whatever diseases they carry.
>>
>>2002675

not too bad i suppose.
here's some optimizations:
-sloped roof so water runs off
-roof should be bigger than the build
-sand those corners
-if you're not gonna paint it, atleast give it a coat of linseed oil
-tar mats on the roof
-also put some finish on where you're gonna cut tue dead tree
>>
>>2002675
Enjoy your fleas and ticks.
>>
>>2003043
Kek, imagine knockin it down like a wasp nest and hundreds of rabid squirrels come pouring out
>>
>>2002675
How much are you going to charge them for it?
>>
File: ellemae.jpg (91 KB, 1041x514)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>2003043
>Yeah something about housing vermin is making me uneasy.
How else am I going to attract a farm girl?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSvwpB0v4g
>>
After the first soaking rain that plywood and OSB is going to swell up like a tick.
>>
Based and squirrelpilled.
>>
>>2003400
Maybe squirrels like that
>>
File: img_6284.jpg (844 KB, 1227x1117)
844 KB
844 KB JPG
>>2003043
>Yeah something about housing vermin is making me uneasy.
If squirrels had hairless tails like other rodents like mice and rats, instead of bushy tails, we'd collectively have a very different level of comfort with them living around us.
>>
File: smug cat.jpg (20 KB, 340x527)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2003043
cats eat vermin, they are bros
there is even theory that domesticating cats made it possible for humans to develop farming and store crops over winter
>>
>>2002705
>I was asking about the general quality of the build
It's 2x4's and random scraps of plywood/osb thrown together with drywall screws. The build quality could not really get any lower unless it was physically unable to keep from collapsing.
>>
>>2004049
Retard..... RETARD NO DOGS ARE BETTER, CATS DON'T DO SHIT REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2003460
Squirrels will absolutely push a snake's shit in. They're good to have around if you live in an area with venomous snakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDWrVHnqaPY
>>
>>2005413
>he says on 4chan
>on Caturday
Welcome to the Internet Hate Machine, newfriend.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.