[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 4 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1605880041565.jpg (35 KB, 632x549)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/5hft807EJ6o

trying to learn music myself ti be able to play something decent like this...what should i understand? how do i improvise something of this quality? how do you assure melody and harmony to be balanced and have the melody sounds like the original and not to messy?

tx
>>
The self-taught musician has a fool for a teacher. Find a piano teacher that will help you towards your goals of improvisation.
8 hours practice a day until you git gud.
>>
>>1957994
true... but perhaps the question should be...how do you improvise the best way to be as similar as the encore ibposted above? what do you juxtapose to create such performance? chords? progressions? harmony? melodies? scales?

to be as similar and as harmonious i guess... utilizing all your arms for it?
>>
>>1958047
Do you have zero background? You're going to have to study a LOT of theory. Like you might as well sign up for community college courses at that point.
>>
>>1958080
no money for that. no community college here.... i have tons of theories trying to cover up for myself. but getting a bit lost, i guess. i m not even sure ill make it past college entry test or anything...
>>
can i get some more input on this...
>>
>>1960352
What's your background? What do you already know about music?
>>
>>1957954
>how do i improvise something of this quality?
http://www.winwenger.com/improvmusic.htm

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.