[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: BOI150.jpg (844 KB, 1000x1546)
844 KB
844 KB JPG
anhedonia
>that terrible weight
>>
File: BOI151.jpg (1.02 MB, 1000x1507)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
BIG FAT JAD TITTIES
>>
>>133116037
that terrible weight? more like that terrible weight of those milky-white giantess melons dear GOD
>>
>>133116080
imagine climbing up there burying your face in them
>>
>>133116025
Skellison
>>
>>133116025
The talismans kind of remind me of the ones Cio used...
>>
How do we recover from this, allisisters?
>>
>>133116037
Goes to show how damn good this comic must be if in all the times I've visited these threads I've never once seen the usual complaints /co/ likes to over indulge in when it comes to girls liking girls.
Still going to postpone actually reading anything outside of these threads because I'm a lazy fuck however.
>>
>>133116922
>Goes to show how damn good this comic must be if in all the times I've visited these threads I've never once seen the usual complaints
Why must you lie about reading these threads.
>>
>>133116037
Are they getting bigger every time she appears? I swear she looked smaller in the past
>>
>>133117025
Nah, you're imagining things Anon.
>>
she's literally me
>>
>>133116595
Imagine
>sex with skellison
>>
>>133116037
The harder you try to convince someone that their actions are meaningless the less believable you see. If it's all the same either way, why are you wasting your breath?
>>
>>133116037

>allison
>allison get off the fucking couch allison
>>
>>133116025

Allison looks like Jadis in the glass here, oh shit
>>
>>133116037
Why is Jadis crying? She literally knows how Allison will respond to her every question. None of this should be a surprise to her.
>>
>>133117730
she's scripted to cry
>>
>>133116037
Has allison not experienced ego-death yet? Is the geisha bitch trying to guider her to enlightenment?
>>
>>133116037
>your choices are meaningless
>you are making progress
>it's not too late to choose a different path
FUCK. OFF.
>>
>>133117861
I don't even know what Jadis is asking of Allison now.

Allison is saying that she ought to be on the hero's path, but she says she just wants to sit around and do nothing, this is clear. So Jadis is telling her she's recovering but her "flaming will" is destroying her, which means she isn't recovering. And it's clear Allison isn't doing shit right now so it's not like her non-existent drive for revenge is killing her.

If Allison was like, "When I get out of this bed and recover *eats breakfast*, I'm going to fuck up everyone just you wait" then okay, I'd understand Jadis saying what she's saying, but Allison is very clearly NOT saying that.
>>
>>133117966
>If Allison was like, "When I get out of this bed and recover *eats breakfast*, I'm going to fuck up everyone just you wait" then okay, I'd understand Jadis saying what she's saying
maybe that is what is happening, allison is deviating from the story and Jadis is just repeating her lines
>>
>>133116025
>>133116037
it's been like this for five months i thought this was a coma dream she was having
>>
>>133117730
idk does it upset god that he knows rape and murder is going to happen and he has to watch or something? I'd be pretty fucking bummed if I had omniscient powers to know all of what was just going on here on earth
>>
>>133118021
That isn't what is happening. Allison is sarcastically accusing Jadis of motivating her to be a hero. But she's just going to lay there. And Jadis is telling Allison to stop being a hero, which is exactly what she is doing by laying there. Jadis has been telling Allison for pages to stop trying to be the hero because it only causes needless suffering upon her.

If Jadis wants Allison to stop being the hero she should be encouraging this shit here saying things like "I'm glad you're chilling" and not, "You're trying way to hard to be a hero lying there not eating". It doesn't make any fucking sense.
>>
>>133116037
HUGE JADIS
SHE HAS HUGE TITS
>>
>>133116025
>>133116037
Jadis' nihilism and Allison's depression is all super interesting and shit, but are we ever gonna find out what happened to Zaid and Princess and shit? Or whether White Chain survived? Or did I miss something that told us what happened to them?
>>
>>133118100
I think the universe/Jadis wants Allison to go ahead and die to Jag in 30 something years so Zoss will be forced to turn back the wheel once again, instead of dying of starvation a few weeks from now in that bed. The only reason why she's there is because every heir dies to Jag yet Allison was going to be killed by Incubus so Jadis was foretold to step in and stop that.
>>
>>133118328
I don't know about the others, but Cio is dead and White Chain is presiding over the warfront in Rayuba.
>>
>>133118461
Everything you've written there is such nonsense I was actually compelled to tell you that instead of ignoring it.
>>
>>133118486
>White Chain is presiding over the warfront in Rayuba

When was this stated? I remember Jadis mentioning Cio being dead, but nothing about White Chain. Also it sounds like something that would be much more interesting to see than Allison moping.
>>
>>133118547
White Chain is the faction leader of the Bastion forces in the War For Rayuba OCT, which Abbadon has stated is a canon sidestory.
>>
>>133116025
This comic fucking sucks bro. Such good ideas wasted
>>
>>133118598
>>
>>133118617
You asked if White Chain was alive and there is a canon sidestory that shows that she is.

What is so confusing for you?
>>
>>133118667
I was completely unaware of this War for Rayuba thing. It's some sort of Discord... thing? There's a bunch of fan comics and a battle map? I'm actually lost trying to decipher this.
>>
>>133118486
Pretty sure the pyre won which means Rayuba was destroyed in the end. So White Chain's current whereabouts are unknown. It's been 3 years since the battle of Rayuba.
>>
>>133118748
It was kind of a big game. All kinds of artists made their own original characters. These characters would fight on a grid. Each artists makes a short comic about how their character would win the fight. The community decided which version they like. That is the version that wins.
>>
who won war for rayuba?
>>
>>133119026
are you serious? Someone said 2 posts higher.
>>
It's kind of weird how less willing people were to use White Chain as opposed to Ruin, like she occasionally showed up to just give a synopsis of why characters were fighting and that was that.

Then again, considering they strapped Ruin to a giant goddamn train and sent it into space maybe it's for the best.
>>
>>133116025
>literally makes her room and bed look like a grave site
Subtle.
>>
>>133117754
>>133117861
>>133117966
Jesus fuck you guys are dumb. She's doing what Mottom tried to do. Jadis wants Allison to spiritually kill herself so she herself can be free. Look at the first page, what do you see?
>>
Is abaddon still throwing a shitfit over twittter?
>>
>>133116037
>Jadis, bearer of the word MILK and dairy cow of the seven-part world
>>
>>133117248
Well yes, but Allison is a midwit, so she can't reason that if everything is preordained than by that very logic, purposefully making herself suffer is pointless.
>>
>>133119884
Nothing new since "manichean, christo-parochial worlds" as far as I know
>>
Jad just needs to end this motherly vibe that she's trying, it's clearly not working. Instead she needs one of those "get in the robot" Gendo Ikari moments.
>>
>>133119962
Or Allison just needs to fucking leave and go try to find her surviving friends
>>
>>133119962
She already knows whether or not it's going to work.
>>
Why do I feel so completely and utterly uninterested in anything going on anymore, even with multiple pages?

It feels like 7 years since we saw the shape of the universe and that was rad as fuck.
>>
>>133120059
cause we've had like 2 months of Jadis repeating determinism stuff
>>
>>133120059
You're uninterested because nothing interesting has happened in months aside from seeing the Tower, which was a pretty fleeting moment all things considered.
>>
>>133120059
You feel what the main character is feeling.
>>
>>133120086
Bravo, Abbadon
>>
>>133120059
It's a slow chapter in a weekly release comic
These kinds of things are always awful to read in this format and it's not even coming out 3 pages a week like other webcomics
>>
>>133117730
There is no logic nor cause to what Jadis is doing, she is her own cause. She could start reciting the entire works of Shakespeare backwards "because that's what she does".
>>
>>133119775
>spiritually kill herself
What does this mean?
>>
>>133120112
posting on /co/
>>
>>133119775
I noticed that there's a smaller version of the Machine behind Allison but I don't really see what the point of it is since Allison already saw the big one.

Also Abaddon is complaining that we're not taking Jadis at face value so how does that line up with Jadis being manipulative
>>
File: 132412342134.jpg (12 KB, 320x240)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>133119775
The funny thing is that a release from the ideals of agency is exactly what old school maximum testosterone anime heroes used as an excuse to be insane asshole protagonists like Ryoma Nagare. It's a juxtaposition between western stuff like Christian, opposed to eastern, thoughts about agency like Buddhist dharma. In the west things like destiny and fate are often portrayed in the negative as being unable to really have choice is often considered a horrible notion for the totally self-centric idealist and individualist thinker wherein they spiral into depression. Predestination in Calvinism got close to removing that hurdle for the hardest of hardcore, but in eastern mysticism, the individual rarely means a goddamn thing outside of being a focal point for greater heights in acquired spiritual knowledge from which they can essentially cuck fate altogether.

To put it on simpler terms, if Ryoma found out that everything was already written and that fighting against the forces of evil was ultimately fruitless, as there is no real fight to begin with. He wouldn't be depressed, because he's an eastern hero, who is highly influenced in the eastern ideals of fruition or result of action being fate itself. So instead of being depressed about lack of agency, he would fucking laugh like an insane person and say that if everything is already written then he was written to fucking win and then proceed to beating the shit out of the Dinosaur Empire as affirmation of this fact.
>>
>>133120048
Anon, if she really did already know, then she wouldn't need to try and convince Allison of anything at all.
>>
>>133120278
But what if she knows she has to convince Allison
>>
>>133116025
so i guess The Throne is fine?
>>
>>133120284
>she has to
It's fate anon, there is no "has to". Allison's acquisition of self isn't up to Jad, there is no helping, no convincing, as if there was anything that Jad could do to convince Allison, then by her own logic, she never convinced Allison to do anything in the first place as neither of them have agency.
>>
>>133120229
>Also Abaddon is complaining that we're not taking Jadis at face value
Nobody here thinks Jadis is lying to Allison, it's not subversive if she is the only one to not manipulate Allison.

The only thing people give a fuck about is how Jadis fits into this story and the problem with that is that if she's all knowing then it doesn't fucking matter what she thinks. So for the past several weeks we've had full confirmation nothing Jadis says matters and we're just waiting for the punchline that amounts to more than "Allison is sad".

I unironically wanted Jadis to offer to fuck Allison or bring in hookers for Allison to fuck. I don't care about seeing her tits or anything I just think it's actually the most setting-appropriate thing if you want to distract Allison from running away and being a hero. Breakfast and pussy, that's pretty good incentive to cheer up, at least temporarily. What is the point of drawing Jadis with just huge tits if she's not going to tempt Allison with them? But I know the answer to that, it's actually some kind of fucking dream and Jadis is just doing therapy on Allison and she might as well dress for the occasion.
>>
>>133120335
>Nobody here thinks Jadis is lying to Allison
I do, i think she's coping hard
>>
>>133120335
She could be there as a means of writer fiat to get Allison to finally fuck off with her myopic bullshit. It works like this. If nothing matters, than Allison fretting about that doesn't matter either. That's the sort of thing Zoss already knew and why he was able to be king in the first place. As being the conquering king of all the universe, he would understand that the predestination of such a king is the path of victory from which no one could deny him because power does what it wants.
>>
>>133120325
Jadis has still play the part. Despite your moms asshole being fated to be blown out and loose, some pony still had to fuck her for that to happen.
>>
>>133120432
>writer fiat
Thanks to you I learned what that is. And yeah, that's what's going on, Jadis is just there to carry Allison to whatever the hell Allison is going to do. That's the penalty of taking Jadis at face value, there's no fancy writing going on here Jadis is just another Obi Wan or Zoss or Yoda or Gog just dragging Allison through the story. Obviously Allison is a bit tired of that shit and is telling this new Yoda to suck an egg but she'll get over it given she doesn't seem to have any vices to distract her like sex, drugs, or Starbucks.
>>
Here's something for discussion. If the angels tasked White Chain to deliver Allison to Zaid, they intended for Allison, like past heirs, to stop Jag. But if they wanted Allison to succeed they wouldn't go into hibernation, they would be actively helping and they would be picking up White Chain's mission given Zaid and Allison have not been reunited. They wouldn't have had Juggernaut attempt to fuck up things. But they aren't, which means Metatron is still on plan A in regards to empowering Jag and they went into hibernation to wait until Jag's apocalypse is finished.

This means the angels are in the conspiracy with Jag.
>>
File: 1629305626128.jpg (46 KB, 454x955)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>133120695
>Jadis going through the all the trouble to showing Allison how everything is already planned out
>Allison in her own self-pity monologue moaning about how she's useless because the key was meant for Zaid

Lol, dumb skeleton bitch doesn't get how destiny works at all even after seeing the face of the causality first hand. Truly she is perpetually stupid.
>>
this would be a lot more interesting if Allison wasn't interacting with a personification of the story's plot
>>
>>133120695
Only Metatron and Juggernaut seem to be fully aware of how much reality has been spun, we don't know if Michael is in on it. Michael tasked White Chain with getting the key to Zaid, and told her to kill Allison if it became necesary. Juggernaut tried to sabotage her mission out of spite and ended up getting multiple lashes for her disobedience.
>>
File: evil betty.jpg (7 KB, 209x184)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>133120970
>>
>>133120929
Pointing out once again that Jadis wasn't finished saying who Zaid was and her interpreter is a zealous moron.
>>
File: nippon number one.jpg (32 KB, 600x634)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>133120264
>japs
>maximum testosterone
>>
>>133121037
Jadis would know how many cycles they've been on in addition to all the details of said cycles. Presumably when she tells Allison shit's futile she says that not for this timeline but all past ones as well - she's seen Zaid fight and fail.

I'm beginning to hate that Allison's story is the penultimate "ending" to the story in this setting. Not that it's too late but each Demiurge's story could have been a standalone story. In each Demiurge's story we could have seen the others and the audience could be convinced that Solomon was the "hero" but once we cover his arc we see the truth of his land and how bad he is. And after seeing all of them die at Zaid's hands and the successive failure of Zaid we could finally see this story, Kill Six Billion Demons. We can see then how much each Demiurge misrepresents to Allison of their beginnings.

This whole thing could have been an epic, it's not too late either. It would make KSBD itself forgivable for being seemingly so action-oriented because all the backstory has been covered and Allison's stupid ass could be excused as someone who doesn't get it because the audience knows so much more than she does they can understand how she's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>133120229
Jadis is not being manipulative. She is literally telling Allison to give up and kill herself. "Just stop suffering already lmao it's so easy!"
>>
>>133121490
I don't think that's it. If Jadis just wanted Allison to kill herself, she wouldn't keep trying to get her to eat.
>>
Jadis is saying all this stuff because she knows its the best chance for Allison to break causality/fate, kill herself, and by proxy be one source of the loop breaking and not having it be on repeat like it has been for so long, because the Key Allison has by all rights shouldn't exist, yet it does. So Schrodinger's Key is the one thing outside of the wheel of fate, and by proxy its wielder is the one capable of breaking the loop. Allison offs herself, Jadis grabs it and uses her infinite knowledge to break the loop and just end existence like she wants.
>>
>>133116037
The more I think about this page, the less sense it makes. Why is Jadis talking about choice? Why is she trying to convince Allison to do something? Her whole point is that there is no choice. She already knows what Allison is going to do. Yet for some reason Jadis was fated to play out this scene where she has to act like she doesn't already know exactly what path Allison will take. She could just as well do another mindfuck moment and tell Allison precisely when she's going to get over it.
See here, Abby? This sort of shit is why people are questioning Jadis.
>>
>>133121764
It feels like she's trying to convince Allison to discard her feelings (which is currently nothing but depression) and live like herself.
Completely detached to any and all matters and living the rest of existence within her ivory tower covered with self-imposed prison bars.
>>
>>133121764
the answer to all those is because Abaddon wrote her to do that. The main reason behind why Jadis does anything is because she saw herself doing it when she was put into the machine, and the reason why saw the things she did is because Abbadon wanted Allison to deal with existential nihilism/determinism. She isn't an actual character, she's a copy of the comic's script with a pair of boobs attached.
>>
>>133122312
>with a pair of boobs attached
Which makes it even funnier that the pair of boobs is her best quality.
>>
>>133121764
Jadis is still a demiurge, so technically she's an antagonist. She's obviously the Sloth of the Seven Deadly Sins, wouldn't be surprised if she tries to manipulate Allison into a soulless puppet of her own, similar to pretty much the rest of the Demiurges (except the senile dragon).
>>
File: Nausicaädream.png (676 KB, 605x877)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
>>133121490
>Jadis is not being manipulative
Looks quite manipulative to me, she's trying to spread her philosophy of annihilationism to Allison. Actually reminds me of the giant skeleton in Nausicaä urging her to give up on her quest and succumb to the peace of death.

Early version of Gautama Buddha's teachings had to be revised by him because the initial philosophy of annihilationism scared people. Nirvana vs Annihilation is still an ongoing debate in that religion. And its pretty obvious Abaddon is combining "Sloth" with the buddhist sense of self-annihilation where nothing in the world matters and destroying your own ego is the ultimate form of bliss.
>>
>>133116037
Are you happy now Jadis? You broke her.
>>
>>133119960
What? What has been happening?
>>
>>133122779
Abaddon went on a rant on twitter because people weren't taking Jadis at face value
>>
>>133121478
>basedjacks
>any testosterone
>>
>>133121640
You obviously have no idea how anxiety works. Jadis is an emotional manipulation pro.
>>
>you will never be comforted by a giant Jadis
Why are we put on this Earth?
>>
we get it, Alysson is a gamer like me.
>>
>>133117151
So relatable.
>>
>>133121764
I get the impression Jadis is supposed to be a recording that then watched itself and now thinks it's all set and she cannot rewrite anything but that it's not entirely true. I'm guessing that those who truly have no ability to change anything are those who cease to exist and Jadis is at the edge where she could change history if she was truly Royal but is not close enough and falls into the circular trap and resignation instead. Since there isn't really any easy way to show something like that in a way that makes sense it is what it is.
>>
>>133122282
>>133122312
>>133122332
>>133122898
>>133125140
My point is that at this point both Jadis and Allison know that Jadis already knows what's going to happen. If Allison had a bit more intuition, she could just say, "Why are you trying to tell me what to do? Just tell me when I get over this." And then Jadis could tell her exactly when she gets over it and Allison would inevitably do so. There's no choice here, at least from Jadis' perspective. So that must mean that Jadis putting on this act of trying to convince Allison to do something, rather than simply waiting for her to do it, will have had made a difference somehow. But that doesn't really square up with all her talk about nothing mattering. Clearly THIS matters enough to have made Jadis act. Or more precisely, for her "script" to be written for her to act. So then you have to ask why Jadis' "script" dictates that this (or anything else) matters to her. Is it just fated caprice? Or is she fated to try to change fate through Allison despite her fated knowledge she already possesses that fate is unbreakable?
Or is Abbadon just full of shit despite all his autistic screeching that Jadis isn't full of shit?
>>
>>133125751
>at this point both Jadis and Allison know that Jadis already knows what's going to happen
>>
>>133120264
The problem I see here lies on Abaddon's twitter. He's been very clear about how frustrated he is that people keep misinterpreting his work and won't accept that his heavily anime and wuxia inspired comic about a sorority girl punching kings and romancing devil girls is *actually* about a pointless, nihilistic, deterministic universe and that nothing matter and never will and you should stop expecting Allison to break the chains of destiny or whatever.
>>
>>133125931
Yeah i really don't even know how he thinks like that, this isn't even "I'm wearing something slutty why do people think i'm slutty" this is some fucking "I hung this sign around my neck that says i'm a whore who fucks anyone who asks why do people keep asking me for sex" levels of not understanding what he's done.

Is he blind or fucking what?
>>
>>133126075
Everything up to and even during the Jaggy fight seemed like it was still on track for some surprises, but then it just kept dragging out and each new trump card, big, flashy, final attack that will make or break the fight and he just kept harping on
>NOPE HE'S INVINCIBLE THE CHARACTER SAID SO. NO ONE IN THIS STORY HAS EVER LIED
and then it just fucking imploded on itself and it's like he's been in this really belligerent mood ever since. I get that he's had shit going on with his newborn kid and his wife having medical issues, but this doesn't even read like the same series anymore.
>>
why are you retards reading the author's fucking twitter instead of the comic?
>>
>>133126255
we got bored of the comic
>>
>>133126255
Because it gives insight into the comic and his intent when he's posting on twitter about his exact feelings and intent for KSBD? Why the fuck are you spazzing out about it and why do I get the feeling you're going to try and do some death of the author bullshit?
>>
>>133126255
Because the comics been crawling for months.
>>
>>133126265
but why, nothing has changed
allison has always been a useless sack of shit
maybe this is the moment for her to change, who knows?
>>133126271
because you dumbfucks are going on a tirade how the comic is bad because the author said something on twitter
which is fucking retarded
>>
>>133126291
>because you dumbfucks are going on a tirade how the comic is bad because the author said something on twitter
>which is fucking retarded
Nobody said this. People are arguing the disconnect between what the comic is saying and what the author think is saying.
>>
>>133126291
>allison has always been a useless sack of shit

That's part of it. Allison's hit the abyss, like, twice already. One more time and she'll get a free sundae.
>>
>>133126330
>what the comic is saying
the comic has yet to say anything, as the story can still go literally anywhere from here
we've just listened to jadis' perspective, just like how we saw solomon's perspective quite some months ago
there's literally no difference
>>
>>133116025
Jadis has mistook the map for the territory
The map being her omniscient prophecy of destiny
>>
>>133126366
So then the author's words about what he thinks the comic is saying gives us more to go on than the comic itself at this point.
>>
>>133126366
>the comic has yet to say anything, as the story can still go literally anywhere from here
This is why it's important to bring up Abaddon whining incessantly about how people keep theorizing that he's doing anything but the exact things he's repeating over and over in the comic he's drawing and writing by himself.
>>
>>133126371
How is the territory different from the map?
>>
>>133121764
>>133122282
>>133122312
She's trying to get Allison to quit, probably out of pity. Jadis never says that Allison can't choose, in fact she acknowledged a couple pages ago that unlike herself, Allison could still make choices. The contradiction is that while she's aware of this, she also calls Allison "blameless" because her future is already written. One can have personal responsability even in a predetermined universe. These contradictory truths coexist and Jadis is pretending like they don't. Her thesis is that if Allison's future is already written, why would she choose the path that causes her more pain. Why doesn't she just go home and watch anime until Jagganoth comes knocking at her door, since it's going to happen no matter what she does?
And even through her depression, Allison's will to move forward still burns, even if she isn't aware of it. But Jadis knows this, that's why she's crying, she knows Allison won't heed her advice and will throw herself into suffering again when she's done brooding. All of her pleas are futile.
>>
Will the art get good again at some point ? It's worse and worse. Abby should take more time to release these.
>>
>>133125931
I think you're aggressively misinterpreting what he meant by those tweets. He was specifically pushing back against people saying that Jadis was wrong about the nature of the universe and is either lying to Allison or is simply delusional, and that Allison will have to "defeat" or "overcome" Jadis somehow to get out of this lull and move forward. Clearly that was never the intention, Jadis is not a villain to be defeated, and she's 100% correct about the nature of the universe, the point is that the conclusion Jadis drew from that knowledge is suspect, and Allison needs to learn that nothing can give her actions meaning but herself.
>>
>>133126291
>nothing has changed
Yes, that's why we're bored of the comic you midwit
>>
>>133125931
>>133126075
The problem with that of course is, why should people even bother to read the comic at all then?
>>
Two options here for there to be any sense of this at all. Either Jadis is lying about the nature of the universe. Or, Allison was told a lie and she believes it.
>>
>>133122800
You can't take a person who likes wearing masks at face value.
>>
>>133127067
That's /co/s mental illness, always making the worst possible interpretation of everything, no matter how contrived or irrational, and then getting mad at it.
>>
>>133116025
>>133116037
>You are making progress
Oh I get it. It's not enough to be tired of life and drained. You have to kill yourself! Lying in bed being a useless piece of shit is just half-assing it and prolonging the pain.
>>
>>133127713
Allison has effectively been removed from the board at this point. This is the training arc, she's at King Kai's right now.
>>
File: FdSC1YPXoAExa4K.jpg (958 KB, 1000x1546)
958 KB
958 KB JPG
>>133116037
new pages
>>
File: FdSC9qnXEAUfHCN.jpg (617 KB, 1000x1546)
617 KB
617 KB JPG
>>133128103
last one
>>
>>133126767
The territory is reality, the map is a representation of reality. Maps are how we understand, describe and navigate through the territory but they are not the territory itself.

A good map is a useful tool. A perfect map is "true" in that it is a complete description, but it is not the land itself, merely how we express it. The land is not a map, it simply is.
>>
>>133128103
Or maybe they have no fucking idea that you're alive or where the fuck you are because Jadis is hiding you, dumbass.
>>
>>133126242
The biggest fucking mistake this comic ever made was Abby blowing his load about Jaggy being invincible practically a decade ago. The entire “final” fight being a known quantity instead of a major plot twist directly led to the current sense of impatience and ennui.
>>
>>133128103
>>133128118
ffs just let her starve already
I'm beginning to be as tired as 6 Juggs and Jag right now.
>>
File: milkers.gif (3.93 MB, 330x263)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB GIF
>>133128103
>>133128118
Goddamn I didn't know he was letting the faggot who made Goblins write his webcomic now
>>
>>133128118
All those delicious breakfasts, wasted.
>>
File: 1598057384922.png (400 KB, 503x412)
400 KB
400 KB PNG
>>133128416
>All those delicious breakfasts, wasted.
Six Billion Breakfasts
>>
>>133128416
>Nothing matters and free will is an illusion
>But you do have to eat these eggs
>>
File: power word.png (1.76 MB, 1040x1051)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>133128491
>>
>>133128103
you forgot the alt texts
>I unfortunately spent a lot of time in hospitals earlier this year, I imagine it has influenced this arc quite a bit.
“In some cultures of the Wheel a coin is placed on the eyes of the dead as a fee to the guide of the afterlife. To me the implications of such a custom are wretched beyond belief – that even in death, the inevitable resting place, one must bear the unbearable weight of debt.”

-Payapop Pritram
>>
>>133116025
Technically her girlfriend was always dead. So really not that much of a change.

Wouldn't she just be in the demon realm or something now?
>>
File: 1562321070610.jpg (151 KB, 691x881)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>133128103
>>133128118
WE GET IT
>>
>>133128917
Yeah, but it's not so simple. When devils die, they rejoin the unbound flame and lose any sense of identity, so what's in the devil realm isn't really her anymore.
The reason Yabalchoath was able to return at all is because her husband reassembled her mask, restoring some sense of who she had been. And even then, she wasn't the exact same devil as before.
I'm sure it'd be trivial to reassemble Cio's mask, considering Jadis knows where every microscopic piece of it is. But that won't necessarily bring back the old Cio and, more importantly, it requires Allison to get out of bed.
>>
>>133129089
I kinda want that to happen now. Just to keep the ride going.

>Give Allison some hope on a quest.

>Watch her heart get crushed again and crawl back into bed.
>>
I dearly miss the days of Oscar
>>
>>133129074
you could replace those panels with Allison, Jagganoth and Jadis and it'd be pretty close already
>>
>>133128118
>this is my final plea
I like that Jadis is saying that because she knows this time it's gonna work.
>>
File: unknown.png (568 KB, 1000x1546)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
preview
>>
>>133129205
Oh good, someone to free us from the monotony of Allison's moping.
>>
>>133129205
Zaid?
>>
>>133127067
Except even then. Jadis is wrong because the sufficiently swag among us (Zoss) exist outside of the universe and have yeeted fate a million other ways. Jadis looks at a closed system to draw her conclusion where the KSBD universe is not a closed system (Himself and Zoss both defy this to different extents.)
>>
File: 18798791981.jpg (1.57 MB, 1800x2700)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
>>133129205
Oh thank god, a hero has arrived to save us from this boring shit.
>>
>>133129205
Is that best boy? Did he also transcend angelhood in those years apart?
>>
>>133129074
Dude it's not like he's spending multiple chapters on this. Fuck, I can't imagine how these threads would go if he kept his previous update schedule for this sequence.
>>
>>133129358
My god if we had spent 4 weeks getting these panels i don't even know how much worse i'd think of this comic but holy hell it would be bad.
>>
>>133116025
>2 days into nofap
>>
>>133129228
>Himself
This motherfucker got some other lore hanging around than just being a creep in a box on a couple of pages from years ago?
>>
>>133129500
KEK
>>
>>133129526
He is the only unmasked demon to remain sapient or some shit like that.
>>
>>133128118

>GET OFF THE FUCKING COUCH ALLISON
>>
>>133129526
Himself is essentially a canonically royal demon. He doesn't leave the box niw because in the future he's already out of it.
>>
Comic has been so boring.

This is all just basic bitch shonen "screw destiny", but it thinks too highly of itself.

Also, same principle means that nothing on this comic actually matters. Cio will just be reborn, things will just happen and go on their way, because the protags want that a lot. It might not have happened now, but it will be the ultimate conclusion based on the rules that the setting works on. Conflict is sort of meanless when the character can just will things for reality to be the way that he wants.
>>
>>133129205
Thank you merciful jesus
>>
>>133129205
ENTER
ACTUAL SHIT GOING ON
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 291x173)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
You know whenever these writers make stories where the whole message is that "nothing matters and you were a fool for expecting anything satisfying out of this work" I wonder if they expect their audience to be impressed by it. If what we're seeing from Abby is accurate and that everything Jadis is saying is true and that nothing our protagonist has done mattered, then what is the point of reading? What is the point of the story? Why would I bother to ever read it again or recommend it to someone when it is literally worthless according to the story itself? Just never made sense to me why a lot of modern authors just seem to think that because writing like this is subversive to most other modern works it's somehow supposed to be lauded for it. Just because you did something different does not make you worthy of praise.
>>
>>133130011
Meh it will just end up as "its matters TO ME" then thats it.

In the end its not that deep.
>>
>>133130011
Maybe Abbadon is attempting to make you the reader feel exactly like Allison is currently feeling in the story. Seems like Abbadon is a good writer and you are getting worked in to a shoot by his writing.
>>
>>133130040
Doesn't seem to be the case, anon is not treating it as a devastating revelation, but as trite.
>>
>>133130040
It's just kind of boring. Been reading since war of the teacups and I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't have bothered. If that's the point that Abbadon was going for... congrats? He did it? He made me not care about his comic, good fucking job.
>>
>>133130040
>you are getting worked in to a shoot by his writing

If the point was making the audience feel what Allison is feeling, then shouldn't they be feeling melancholy rather than being worked up?
>>
>>133128118
She needs some milk
>>133128103
>>133128103
I'm pretty sure this is the first time we see cubed Jadis after the hiatus. So far it had all been ghost jadis
>>
>>133130011
Because that's obviously not going to be the case. There's still plenty of story ahead.
>>
I get that Abbadon being kind of a pretentious self important jerk on twitter (not without having some valid points though) got people worked up but It's funny how people go the other way and go full retard. Or maybe they never had media literacy at all. Nothing in this arc contradicts what we knew of the setting or what was established in the comic before. What do you think "fate is only a cage for those who fear it" means? that there's no fate?
>>
>>133130040
Then he failed because I'm just bored, not gripped with existential despair
>>
>>133130313
My issue is that its hitting people on the head with something that we have been already told so many many times.
>>
>>133130253
Isn't this the final chapter
>>
>>133130367
This, the arc is a waste of time. Thats the actual problem with it.
>>
>>133121037
>She
>>
>>133130357
Seems like it worked, that's why you got so worked up and emotional enough to write what you did.
>>
>>133130437
Shut the fuck up already you pitiful little dickrider.
>>
File: 1617836707485.jpg (62 KB, 220x570)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>133130426
Technically WC is now a woman, because she has the body of a woman.

Something that tranned males will never have. Which is sort of odd when you stop to think about it.
>>
>>133128118
Jesus, how is she actually still alive.
>>
What's with all the Adhd retards in this thread? Go play cookie clicker or something.
>>
>>133130437
>Yeah well actually it made you have an opinion so that means it's actually good because it just is
That's not how it works.
>>
>>133130011
Because Jadis's opinion on the lack of meaning and pointlessness of existence (and it is an opinion) is obviously not the be all end all of things here. I get complaining about the pace of the story and how slow it's been recently, and I get thinking that Jadis's whole omniscient husk deal could be handled better, but I don't understand how people got it into their heads that Abby is trying to say that Jadis's viewpoint is 100% correct and not a convincing but ultimately flawed cage.

Does nobody remember when we met Mottom or Sloppy Durandal in their chapters This is the part where the demiurge espouses their philosophy and views on reality and power before Allison does something stupid that throws their entire worldview for a loop. I don't get how we've been doing this for 4 chapters now and people still haven't noticed the pattern.
>>
>>133130367
The one week at a time updates makes it feel slow, it will probably read better once it's done. People were voicing similar complains during the fight scenes (hell, the Allicio/white chain fights got far fewer replies than this arc) but it reads much better in one sitting.
>>
I'm sure the pacing of this is better when read all together instead of piece by piece over many months. Pacing is always going to be an issue for long form webcomics.
>>
>>133130612
It doesn't help that the pages are aggressively sparse and the art is sloppier than it's ever been. Tom is mentally checked out. His mind is buzzing with ICON ideas and he's dragging out KSBD updates out of some autistic need to beat his audience over the head with this depression and nihilism message while he waits for his creative spark to reignite.

Just watch. He's going to burn out completely before this book is done. Likely he'll cut down some pages and sequences. Some plot threads won't be resolved. The conclusion won't be satisfying. But he'll just shrug and pretend to be mister irreverent, aloof shitposter until he gets butthurt enough to make some big twitter screed about how audiences are entitled babies.

I only say all this because I am daring Tom to confront the deterministic universe and challenge fate. Prove me wrong, comic man.
>>
>>133130476
White Chain was never not a woman.
>>
>>133130774
White Chain wasn't human before and wasn't even a physical being in the way that humans and other living creatures are. She was a sentient explosion in a suit made of void ash.
>>
>>133130772
>the art is sloppier than it's ever been
Not really, no.
>>
>>133130566
>"a complete inability from many readers to accept the current arc on the terms it is presenting but rather to hyper analyze it for some grain of insincerity or hidden truth"
>>
File: book 3 allison.jpg (227 KB, 980x559)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
Depressed skeleton Allison sucks. I miss fierce bobcut Allison.
>>
>>133130612
That's true. The Ally/White Chain fight was immediately followed by the absolute hype that was Vigilant Gaze showing up and Juggs getting completely BTFO by best horse grandpa, so I think people kind of forgot how much the story felt like it was dragging up to that point. People were complaining about Ally and Cios fusion dance, how long the fights were taking, White Chain and/or Allison being retarded etc. I think a lot of it is reading it serially. Allicio's fight with White Chain, and the tournament as a whole, reads a lot better in one sitting than it did at a couple pages a week and I'd bet that this bit with Jadis will end up the same way.
>>
>>133130884
Having read through for the first time just a few months ago, I still felt like the pacing was wonky from book 4 onward. It didn't help that the timeskip frankly did more harm than good for the characters and their arcs.
>>
>>133130774
White Chain was a walking nuclear explosion in a human shaped piece of pottery. She was a rather feminine nuclear explosion sure, but its explicitly pointed out that the angles call each other "brother" out of convention/convenience more than anything else and any attempt to apply the concept of gender to them is pretty pointless.
>>
This and the numerous previous threads remind me of everyone who wouldn't stop bitching about the Farmland Saga arc of VS.
Have some bloody patience.
>>
>>133131032
My complaint from the beginning has been about the pacing which was mostly fixed when reading it as a whole volume, but I think the time skip was the first time I thought he really fucked it up in a way that wouldn't be fixed reading it at once. Still think he could have handled it so much better.
>>
>>133131102
Yes but those other nuclear explosions refused to acknowledge that she chafed under the term "brother" or masculine definitions in general. She was always like that, it's technically true that she wasn't always a "woman" but that's splitting hairs.
>>
>>133131102
>more than anything else and any attempt to apply the concept of gender to them is pretty pointless.
The whole Trans thing was a forced allegory on Tom's part, anyways. He wanted to appease some people, so he exaggerated the whole "angels are transphobe" thing, when it can more easily be read as, "angels recognize that they are immortal guardians of the wheel and find it obnoxious for any of their kind to become preoccupied with mortal life"

But instead, it comes off as much of a Steven Universe type of worldbuilding where these fuckers have existed for an eternity in this exact way; genderless, inhuman, above and removed from petty mortal concerns, but special wittle white chain was the first one to be a tranny because she's so special and unique and a better angel than anyone else... and also there's some other angels that also wish they could have boobs and be pretty, but they didn't say anything for thousands of years either because bigotry or whatever.
>>
>>133130858
I want her to keep the long white hair now but get jacked. There’s sonething good ghere. Jusst want her to get a tight fucking stomach now hat she’s reachest the lowest low and can become somthibgbygreater.
>>
>>133131320
>he wanted to appease some people
>by planting the seeds of this storyline from the very first time you see White Chain
Wow, real long game appeasement there.
>>
>>133131320
>The whole Trans thing was a forced allegory on Tom's part, anyways.
No that shit was always there. Especially after her trip to the void and talk with Michael.

>>133131282
That's a fair view. WC always felt more comfortable with female pronouns and feminine identities, the rest is mostly moot I suppose. That said we're on 4chan, autisticly splitting hairs is what we do.
>>
>>133131320
>but special wittle white chain was the first one to be a tranny because she's so special and unique and a better angel than anyone else... and also there's some other angels that also wish they could have boobs and be pretty, but they didn't say anything for thousands of years either because bigotry or whatever.
Are you a fucking idiot? Did you forget that there's a whole faction of angels before White Chain that have explored being a person, the Petal Knights?
>>
>>133131367
>>133131666
All the rest of the worldbuilding and lore around angels makes White Chain worse, it doesn't retroactively make the hamfisted attempt as a gender identity allegory better, anymore than Steven Universe having some sort of gay sex allegory in the form of fusion become any less of a clusterfucked mixed metaphor that doesn't match the rest of established logic of the fiction.
>>
>>133131706
You mean the faction full of deviants that only exist because the whole wheel is fucked beyond repair and consists of a single character?
>>
>>133131713
How? You can totally read WCs experience as coming to grips with her inherent attachment to the world and mortal life that the rest of the angels lack. Vigilant Gaze pretty much spells it out to her: she cares, genuinely cares, and it's that drive and passion for mortals and their world instead of hedonism or the cold void that sets her apart from the rest of the angels. The trans parallels are there, but I don't think it really takes anything away from her arc to draw those parallels.
>>
>>133129526
Demons don't just spawn out of the unbound black flame. They are summoned with no sense of identity and given form and ego with a mask and a name. Himself has such a powerful force of will/ego that he "summoned" himself and eternally perpetuates just because he feels like it. He could leave the box at any time he wants.
>>
>>133131757
We've only met one Thorn so far, and that hasn't stopped us from getting a good idea of what they're all about through Juggernaut Star. All the angel factions exist because the wheel is broken beyond repair. How they deal with that fact is literally what defines them.
>>
>>133131884
pretty sure it's been mentioned at some point that Himself didn't summon Himself, he used to be a regular devil
>>
>>133131320
>these fuckers have existed for an eternity in this exact way; genderless, inhuman, above and removed from petty mortal concerns
That's not exactly true. Many, not just White Chain, have strayed from their very plain beginnings. The Thorns and Knights, which have been implied to be in the majority rather than those who follow the mission like White Chain, have been shown to really not give a shit about the ascetic life and have adopted whatever gender and physical novelties they wanted. White Chain wasn't the first to stray at all, the story has made that very clear.

White Chain's peers giving her shit is something her peers would do and likely did to all the other angels who became Thorns as well. Their unchanging unsympathetic take on adopting human qualities pushed away a lot of angels, who grew to be violent, hateful, and selfish.

I thought the trans allegory of White Chain is probably the only good one I've ever encountered. Her transition was more or less a miracle by even the standards of the universe. You can only be a highly prejudiced person to feel that this moment isn't the purest solution to people suffering from gender issues. It's just fucking retarded to retain prejudices when there's magic involved. It doesn't promote anything in real life aside from acknowledging there's a mental problem.

I don't know man, I don't know how you can be pissed at the portrayal of a transition in this setting because it's so divorced from our reality. You just sound bigoted. Real life trans people who take inspiration to mutilate their bodies from White Chain's example would be like people drinking blood to try and be vampires, it's fucking fiction here, there's no real life equivalent to what White Chain did.
>>
File: tiny zaid.png (6 KB, 45x72)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>133129224
too big to be zaid
>>
File: allison sad.jpg (227 KB, 691x881)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>133129164
>>
File: superlative.jpg (182 KB, 517x764)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>133132640
>that jadis
10/10
>>
>>133128103
more delicious food panels
fuck yeah
>>
>>133132640
Wonderful.
>>
>>133132640
Goddamnit, kek
>>
>>133131884
I like the theory that the reason Himself stays in the box is because that's how he maintains his own identity. As pure black flame he can be anyone and anything, he has transcended the need for a mask, but without one he has to choose what he is, and perhaps more importantly what he is not. He calls himself a creature of formality because the very rituals and chains that limit him are also the things that give him shape, he is literally made of the ties that bind him. He remains Himself by not doing all the things Himself doesn't do.
>>
>>133133004
Abbadon has said sometime way back when that Himself can leave the box at any time he wants and that we maybe are going to get to see him come out??? I cant remember exactly, it was several years ago now over on his tumblr. Himself is almost a weird parallel to Jadis in that they both are stuck in their boxes.
>>
>>133133171
Well his comment about how Vigilant Gaze vs Juggs would be a hell of a fight if it ever happened ended up coming true, so who knows? We're still not sure what Himself even wanted out of Allison in the first place, he got nothing out of their deal and now that Cio's dead he doesn't even get to enjoy being right about her.
>>
>>133133171
>Himself can leave the box at any time he wants
That's completely fucking stupid. Why would he of all things be permitted an exception to bindings. Systems have to work to maintain some kind of expected order and the bindings here seem to be applied in excess prevent Himself from applying the Art. We haven't even definitively proven that Jag could not be bound in a similar way; retaining his keys but the ability to exercise his power nulled in the same way Himself cannot use any of the Arts.

He is King in deference to his power and likely pure adherence to chaos but he is useful because he can determine the right price but the Council clearly screen for interests that will maintain the peace. Himself if let loose would not maintain the peace. If a devil comes along and says, "I want to murder all the angels" they won't get an audience because nobody wants that.
>>
>>133133499
>That's completely fucking stupid.
He stays in the box because its not time to get out yet or some shit.
>>
>>133131924
You're missing the point: There's no reason for there to be any drama with White Chain having vague, poorly defined *GIRL FEELINGS* and in an effort to make it seem like a more genuine struggle, Tom writes a couple other angels as dickbags that are like
>hoho! Look it's the weirdo who likes HUMANS
>what a fucking disgusting freak
>what's wrong BROTHER why do you have so many GIRL FEELINGS you're so weird and dumb and bad hoho!

Turns out, lots of Angels are fucking weirdos. The ones that are "traditional" in any sense of the word have abandoned their duties and given up on doing anything by the book, like they were intended to. The rest are also violent freaks and weirdos. Even the best amongst them like Vigilant Gaze are fucking weird and reject this vague, but not fully substantiated idea of what a proper angel is.

And none of that really covers why White Chain has this hangup about being female. White Chain has never had genitals. White Chain has never felt physical attraction. Gender is inherently a mortal, fleshy thing because fleshy mortals have to mash genitals together to procreate... But Tom wants his trans allegory because he is surrounded by hair-dyed queers. So handwave away the baffling specificity that White Chain cares so much that she wants to be a human female specifically, because that has to be trangressive against a flimsy and questionable lore bit he wrote that all Angels are weirdly and unquestioningly masculine/patriarchal for no particular reason, while also having them sneer at any human trappings or habits.

In other words, it's pure wank. Setting up a strawman and then knocking it down so Tom can get asspats from all his queer fans for having a trans allegory that amounts to a fictional character saying "SHUT UP DAD I'M A GIRL OKAY?" and then everyone claps.
>>
>>133117007
>>133116922
The fact neither of our replies caused even a single shitpost about girls being gay being a bad proves you are wrong.
>>
>>133130376
It is, but Abby has said that this chapter will be the longest by far and that we are not close to the end yet.
>>
>choosing to go skeleton allison over fat atrophied chubby Allison
>Allison starving herself instead of gorging in an attempt to eat her feelings

You had one fucking job Abby. One job
>>
>>133116025
I wanna fuck her so bad
>>
>>133134621
Even funnier knowing he used to draw fatty art and even drew a few weight gain sequences that looked a lot like Allison.
>>
>>133133990
The drama is that the angels are disapproving of behaviour that resembles human behaviour. White Chain's humanity is denounced as sympathy, which further can be broken down as a nurturing nature, which is something generally ascribed to women. The physical aspects of women isn't what drives White Chain to feel like a woman, it's her sympathy, which she ascribes to women. The other angels who have turned from maintaining the law would have been similarly condemned for their "vices" as seen by White Chain's brothers.

I don't think the angels have any attachment to the use of the word "brother". To me it's just a convenient term. Obviously it's been put there to put an emphasis on the masculine nature of angels but there's no angel who will ascribe its usage to being masculine OR human but in all likelihood it's tradition and so it's only to the benefit of the audience who will appreciate the metaphor that a male-word is used there. The word could have been "friend" or "comrade" or some gender-free term but that wouldn't get the point across.

And I don't think Abby is wrong in having his stupid fucking Trans allegory. I think he's framed it in a way that makes sense for the angels; in that they are opposed to expressions that make them seem more human. The angels bigotry is derived from prejudices against outsiders and an adherence to the nature of angels that is supposed to be unchanging, to which Abby decided to use Trans people as the focus vehicle for that prejudice. Abby could have chosen male competitive nature as the punching bag allegory for being "too human" among the angels but he didn't. He could have but that wasn't his preference. That's why I think it's setup well enough that it doesn't seem lazy or cheap or pandering. I agree with you that it's a wank but it's a handjob that he worked for. I don't agree that the lore was flimsy or questionable to undermine the allegory.
>>
File: BB laugh.png (822 KB, 525x809)
822 KB
822 KB PNG
>>133132640
>Jadis
>>
Personally, I felt White Chain suddenly becoming an real human bean (but still sort of an angel) by punching hard was kinda... anticlimactic I suppose. I'm not sure what I was expecting from that whole character arc, but actually becoming a meat human just left a sort of Pinocchio taste in my mouth.
>>
Is Cio confirmed legit dead or is there a chance that one of the Senpai might've put her mask back together so Allison can have the same feels that Mr. Cio had?
>>
>>133126242
I really liked Sigmund Daniels but this book started getting real dull when he and Jagganoth were busting out
>SACRED BLOODNOVA TECHNIQUE: ETERNAL DEVOURING WHIRLWIND
every other fucking page and didn't actually end up killing or breaking anything
Or Gog's World of Gog that amounted to a bunch of faces...pushing...Jagganoth?
>>
>>133135288
Jadis specifically mentioned that Cio is dead, though I recall hearing it said that Abby admitted Cio was going to come back eventually when people started crying about it.
>>
>>133129074
>>133132640
This meme was never that accurate, even for the comic it was originally making fun of.

Gobins had a lot of flaws. But it didn't remotely paint humans as all evil or goblins as all good.

It may have seemed excessive, but the mutilating prisoners stuff was rather realistic.
>>
File: 10e.jpg (60 KB, 640x480)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>The past 15 KSBD updates
>>
You guys think Zaid's fucked Princess in all this interim?
>>
>>133135334
Abby did say Cio was coming back, which utterly destroyed the weight of the moment.

Like, we all know that devils probably operate under the same rules as the angels given they both require pacts and physical bonds to exist in reality. So it would make sense that Cio goes into a similar hibernation having been "only" chopped up and she'll come back with a different personality like angels do when their bodies are actually destroyed. But we didn't fucking need to hear it straight from God's mouth it could have been left unclear how long her dormancy would be and now the fucking surprise is gone.
>>
>>133135448
I think Princess fucked Zaid
>>
>>133135654
It wasn't his fault, the bells of cancel culture were ringing and his fanbase was clawing at his throat
I mean yeah you can say it's his fault for writing a story that attracts that type of person but still
>>
>>133131336
Allison's pudgy belly is adorable though!
>>
>>133135778
>It wasn't his fault
He violated basic storytelling integrity to appease people who accused him of using some kind of trope? Girlfriends die. Or did they get pissed about gay girlfriends dying? It doesn't fucking matter what they got mad about it takes a higher bar (and I would argue there is nothing) that should compel an artist to spoil a future event that will be portrayed in the story.

But then, Abby is a fucking retard who spoils shit all the time. So yeah, it's entirely his fault 100%.
>>
>>133135738
Princess fucked Zaid until Zaid fucked Princess.
>>
Is earth gone by now? It's been three years of Jaggy's universal purge
>>
>>133135778
He gave in to the cancel mob and fucked up his own story which he’s paying for now. Don’t support him for being a coward.
>>
>>133135872
If the gate still hasn't been opened, our Earth could potentially still be safe. Jaggs will get around to it eventually though.

I wonder how we'd fare against such an invasion, not by Jagganoth himself (gg rip) but by his forces. There can't be that many fighters in the K6BD universe that could shrug off a nuke.
>>
>>133129205
Oh look, it's THIS thread ruiner again
>>
>>133116025
>>133116037
Jad is feeding off of her. Isn't she?
>>
File: giphy-292[1].gif (2.51 MB, 480x270)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB GIF
>>133135975
That would be pretty funny.
>>
>>133135954
>(gg rip)
I thought he was still alive?
>>
>>133135954
Nukes will just do their works for them. Their goal is not conquest, it's universal annihilation. A Nuclear war would be fantastic in that sense.
>>
>>133135334
>when people started crying about it.
He didn't even wait that long. He posted the tweet assuring her return at the exact second the update where she died dropped.
>>
>>133129642
Shame the comic is so far up it’s own ass
>>
>>133135872
I can't believe that it would actually take Jaganoth three years to kill everyone or specifically that he wouldn't hunt down all the Demiurges first, so I assume Jaggy is still in Salami Dave's Fishin' Hole
>>
>>133136211
I meant rip for us, lol
>>
>>133136525
There's 777,777 universes, each containing an untold number of planets, stars, and lifeforms. It could take Jag quite a while to kill them all.
>>
>>133128118
>Allison withering away
>Jadis getting bigger.
Yeah okay she's draining her somehow.

https://youtu.be/GsJcf0Mjuuk
>>
>>133128118
is
is she getting bigger?
>>
>>133116037
Jadis, please stop gaslighting Alison into nihilism.
>>
>>133128118
Jadis is drinking her up like a goddamn smoothie.
>>
>>133130437
Well no, i'm neither of those anons and i'm also just bored. I don't even feel much for how she's suffering since we are inevitably getting out of this boring shit soon, hopefully at least.
>>
>>133133499
Anon, you have yet to realize that bindings and systems are just a lie made by YISUN.
>>
>>133119936
If everything is preordained than Jadis's attempts to convince her is preordained, too.
The whole "accept predetermination" logic is really silly, because if I don't accept it, then that was predetermined too, and trying to change my mind is pointless.
>>
File: 376376376.png (268 KB, 851x778)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
>>133132640
>>
>>133135778
I mean no, it might have yes i could totally see that happening but it didn't even get that far. Abby didn't even wait to see the reaction to the event he literally posted that she's gonna be fine the moment he uploaded the chapter.

He didn't get clawed at by his fanbase he was just so scared of them maybe doing it that he stabbed himself first.
>>
>>133121764
I don't think you understand how predetermination works.
Once you become omniscient of all of the future, you stop having agency. You do what you do because that's what you do according to the script of the universe, you don't get a say in the matter, your intentions are irrelevant.
Jadis can't choose or decide to do anything. She's an automaton acting out what she's supposed to do.
>>
File: 1656333454839.png (939 KB, 1200x719)
939 KB
939 KB PNG
>>133137216
The way I see it, Jadis is trying to get her to take the blue pill and go back into the story, to find meaning again.

This is assuming she isn't just sucking out her will to live, much like an emotional vampire or my ex
>>
>>133137391
You're missing the point. Yes, Jadis is effectively just an automaton acting from a script, but you're not thinking about how the script was written with her omniscience taken into account at this point. We've already seen her demonstrate her omniscience verbally. Yet now Jadis' script has her talking like she doesn't already know what Allison is going to do. We can only conclude this is in service of some goal. Thus what goal is she fated to be acting out? And how does that goal fit within the context of her omniscience and her knowledge that fate is immutable?
Things get weird when you have a character who is acting out a predetermined fate that reflexively acknowledges itself. It's a plot device that almost inevitably requires a handwave somewhere along the line.
>>
>>133135334
>>133135654
He didn't specifically say that. Unless it was on Discord and I didn't see it.
>>
It's clear Cio isn't dead for good. Did you forget she's already died and came back once in her backstory?

I figure Fatty McThot there on the bed is eventually going to nut the fuck up and go back in time to save her peeps. Zeus can do it, SHE can do it. Only instead of going all shounen she's just gonna bounce, injuries and all, and use the key to fuck up reality in some nonviolently confrontational sort of way. The only thing you can reach with violence is heaven, and it's usually a one-way trip.

Also yes mommy milkies is feeding off her despair right now.
>>
>>133137443
>those reflections are different takes
Neat, never noticed that before.
>>
Giving me crystal therapy vibes
>>
>>133135778
>>133137249
>>133139453
>>133135654
>>133135850
>>133135896
>>133137249
to be fair, not the first time cio has come back to life
>>
>>133140579
Yeah but it’s be a shittty cop out to bring her back
>>
>>133140635
Could be. Depends on if Allison has to earn it.

Contrariwise, White Chain's death (if she's even dead) is a cop out. Didn't even get on screen.
>>
>>133140635
The catch is that Cio won't be "Cio" similar to how Cio isn't quite Yabalchoath. She'd still be a clever thieving bug lesbian, but there's the possibility that reborn Cio might not feel the same way as the old one, especially concerning Allison herself..
>>
>>133125931
>>133126075
>>133127067
i think that abby is wrong
right here he has an oportunity, an out of the corner he writted himself in to
its not a wheel its a fucking spiral
all the big players that ""see"" the bigger picture are unable too see it completly
only alison, a small frie that can only see a stright line can understand the "wheel"

there you go, all the time fuckery is over, the difference between rotations of the wheel explained too
>>
>>133140920
>Reverse CHIM where true enlightenment is going back from seeing the wheel to seeing the tower again
Would be an interesting subversion, it's a shame that I don't think it's going to happen here
>>
>>133116037
Allison needs to regain her agency by FUCKING Jadis.
>>
>>133135959
>still mad
>>
File: 1627605168381.jpg (89 KB, 1042x674)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>133132640
>Jadis with the stack of pancakes.
>>
File: BOI154.jpg (916 KB, 1000x1546)
916 KB
916 KB JPG
>that awful, terrible weight
>sink
>>
>>133143602
>Allison...
>You can stop.
>You don´t have to fight anymore.
>...But you must eat all the eggs.
>>
File: BOI155.jpg (980 KB, 1000x1546)
980 KB
980 KB JPG
>>133143602
>>
>>133143602
holy shit that wrist
>>
>>133143616
Can this truly be our lad
>>
>>133143642
I can't even take that wrist seriously, that's loony toons levels of body proportions.
>>
>>133143616
>>133143804
I briefly wondered if its white chain, but then i realized there werent any tits.
>>
>>133143616
GO ZAID
Also it's been six damn months, hopefully Allison has recovered. Maybe this is where we get the butch Allison from the cover of book 5
>>
>>133143616
>Six months after Allison reaches for food
He better fucking not indulge his slob fetish
>>
>>133143616
Oh shit Throne is literally on fire in the background
>>
>>133143961
>He better fucking not indulge his slob fetish
god damnit, i didn't think of that till now.
>>
>>133143616
>>133143804
>>133143958
are we sure its zaid?
>>
>we didn't get Punished Allison
>we got Famished Allison
>>
>>133143616
The ninja isn't here just to save Allison. He's here to save all of us. Praise him.
>>
>>133143804
>>133144027
It kind of has to be, it's too late in the game to introduce new characters for something as important as reuniting Allison with the rest of the cast. Unless he's some minion working for a different established character.
>>
>>133143602
damn that arm
>>
>>133144027
No but he has his skin tone and hair color. And it'd be cool if he did something useful.
>>
>>133143958
I hope not. I hate lesbian cuts and one armed disabled people
>>
>>133144027
Only the true heir has the power to save us from this bullshit story arc.
>>
>>133143961
Does anybody have a link to The Album?
>>
>>133143616
It'd also make sense for it to be Zaid since Zoss' heir always has action hero chops. Little sense and an excess of courage, as Jagganoth put it. We've seen little of Zaid's personality but if he is the true heir as everyone seems to be convinced, he'd fit into the role more naturally than Allison. Allison was chosen because she breaks the paradigm, she was never meant to be a legendary hero, but Zaid was. And maybe if he had been given the key he'd repeat the cycle of ruin like all the heirs before him, but that doesn't mean he can't be useful without the key.
>>
>>133144027
Zaid doesn't have red eyes.
>>
>>133143984
Hasn't Throne always had orange-tinted clouds?
>>
>>133144027
No but i hope it is with all my heart.
>>
>>133144200
previous pan outs of Jadis' tower didn't have that orange tint
>>
File: Spoiler Image (85 KB, 180x272)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>133144188
Yet.
>>
>>133144256
Oh shit the ninja guy has the same big ol' ear gauges as Zoss
>>
Have you accepted Ninja Zaid into your heart as the rightful heir and holy savior, here to deliver us from the darkness of nihilism and breakfast and thus usher in the lunchtime?
>>
>>133144256
Zaid's atum is purple, though.
>>
>>133143602
man that's a straw-thin wrist
>>
File: lunch.jpg (152 KB, 1280x960)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>133144304
I have accepted Ninja Zaid into my heart as the rightful heir and holy savior.
>>
>>133144342
lack of calcium has resulted in bone loss
allison will need some milk to rebuild those bones
>>
>>133144304
the parochial hero
the monmyth incarnate
the man crusher of crushing nihilism
NINJA ZAID
>>
>>133144360
>lunch.jpg
you can't survive a working day on only that
>>
>>133144410
there's some ajash offscreen
>>
>>133143616
ENTER
and please be Zaid
>>
File: ninja savior.jpg (149 KB, 591x800)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
He will save us and deliver us from the eternal breakfast.
Ignore that I posted a mirrored version a second ago.
>>
>>133143602
>>133143958
>>133143961
I immediately had a sinking feeling she might go to the other extreme when I saw that six months later bubble. If I'm remembering right she had body image issues before.
>>
File: inky.png (271 KB, 465x694)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>133144188
Unless he's being manipulated by Incubus. Though, then that would raise the question of why his hair isn't white
>>
>>133125872
text in fourth panel says "beartato"
>>
>>133143958
Is it six months between the first and second page? My first read was that the two pages are happening at the same time and it's saying it's been six months since the last pair of pages.
>>
I can't help but wonder how bad allison's spiral over the past 6 months is going to be. Is she going to become a NEET and just be watching anime, or whatever equivalent they have there? Is she going to be hedonistic, just gorging herself on free breakfasts and getting fat? Is she going to be broken, living a modest life in the "hospital" but unwilling to go back out and confront life again? Is she even going to be happy in her fake life?
>>
File: not this one retard.jpg (72 KB, 640x432)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>133145135
>>
File: he doesn't know.png (26 KB, 131x148)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>133144901
>>133143602
there's been a 4 month timeskip between the last 2 pages, let's see what happens
>>
File: 1663273431566804.png (114 KB, 719x725)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>133135064
It's just weird because White Chain became a real woman, which tranned males would never be able to.

How one compare actually becoming a woman, with "turning yourself into a mutilated eunuch that has to spend the rest of your life dilating, and taking hormones that cause brain damage"?
>>
You all know Zaid is gonna get told off because he's not the real hero, right?
>>
>>133145344
Probably going to be a Jadis clone like how she was an Incubus clone for a while.
>>
File: eyebook.png (370 KB, 691x881)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
>>133132640
>>
>>133143616
>zaid plucks the key out of Allison’s weak head
>challenges jagganoth and dies
>cycle begins anew
>>
File: 1659720358059.png (2 KB, 348x227)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>133143961
>that awful, terrible weight
>>
>>133135448
No, I think Zaid and Nyave got together and when Allison gets back and sees this the reunion will be super awkward.
>>
>>133145708
Doesn't mean he can't be useful. Zoss's lesson in the last chapter was that sometimes you have to trust other people to carry the flame on their own, and trying to do everything himself is where Shamalama Dingdong went wrong and strayed from the path. It'd be fitting if Allison's companions were the ones to knock her out of her slump to show that the flame shared with others is more powerful than the one held alone.
>>
>>133143602
“Frog!” said Kassardis, growing panicked, “What do you mean by ‘violence is inescapable’?

“It is,” said the Frog.

“You’re a liar!” said Kassardis.

“No, I am not,” said the Frog, “Nor have I ever been. Violence is inescapable. Inseparable from life itself. Permanent. It is fixed in your cosmology. Forever. I could go on, but that’s besides the point.”

At this Kassardis was so enraged that he threw the Frog off the summit of the mountain. It bounced of a cliff and split like a wet melon, dying instantly, and posthumously proving its point to Kassardis.
>>
File: 443.jpg (18 KB, 239x400)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>133145850
>>
>>133116922
>Goes to show how damn good this comic must be if in all the times I've visited these threads I've never once seen the usual complaints /co/ likes to over indulge in when it comes to girls liking girls.

Because people with taste dropped this shit like 5 years ago when the pussy went back to retroactively censor pages.
>>
>>133146044
>posthumously proving its point
what a fucking chad
so far I think Kassardis is the best of the stories. I wouldn't mind abby just writing a short story collection
>>
>>133143602
So is Allison starving herself what Jadis wants or not want? She's been laying in bed starving this whole time while Jadis monologues about her still fighting, so is Allison's hunger strike part of her fight and her reaching for the food "giving up"?
>>
>>133146333
Exactly, don't forget Jadis is there to represent sloth and stagnation
>>
>>133146124
The story also has some parallels with the current arc.
>Kassardis is described near the end as starved, clothed only in rags, and in the depths of despair
>by accepting that violence is inescapable, he dooms himself and all who oppose him into an eternal loop where no one wins
>>
>>133144188
Characters briefly get red eyes when they're filled with intent.
>>
>>133146044
>>133146124
>>133146795
>I will see you in Samura
The fact that this and many other stories have a "the struggle is never ending so you must make peace with the struggle" kind of message make it pretty funny that so many took Jadis' fatalism so badly. Allison's path is clearly to make her peace with the ugly truths of the universe and live in spite of them.
>>
>>133146044
The first time I read that story, I thought it was going to be Incubus's origin story, with his quest for peace having been corrupted. I was almost a little sad when I got to the part of the comic with Incubus's actual origin
>>
So is Jadis trying to convince Allison to kill herself, or to live?
>>
>>133146096
>Because people with taste dropped this shit like 5 years ago when the pussy went back to retroactively censor pages.
what are you talking about?
>>
>>133143616
>When this new character has appeared for four panels and he’s already more charismatic and interesting than the fucking lead currently is
>>
>>133147517
Mammons high pirestess bitch use to have a booba outfit but Abby censored it for the print book and online afterrwards
>>
>>133147559
I require photographic evidence for... research purposes
>>
>>133147466
One or the fucking other, she said Allison could crash there for like a week and it's been three years jesus get off the couch she just wants to watch the gog show.
>>
>>133147519
people in the thread dont think its a new character.
>>
File: skipchads.png (533 KB, 627x894)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>>133147574
I am way too lazy to find it and also picrel
>>
>>133146795
>by accepting that violence is inescapable, he dooms himself and all who oppose him into an eternal loop where no one wins
I'm pretty sure Kassardis wins. He finds Samura in the end. He will spend his whole life running and fighting, but he was doomed to that fate from the start, violence is inescapable. By accepting that he achieves the peace he sought, and can face violence without becoming poisoned by it like his wives.
>>
>>133146124
>what a fucking chad
Turns out the Very Wise Frog was in fact, very wise. I wonder if he knew that was going to happen and said it anyway.
>>
>>133147457
Incubus is the boar king, from the Enyis and the Boar King story
>>
File: SOT126rr.jpg (1.65 MB, 980x1515)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>133147559
Oh shit you're right.

>>133147574
Imagine this but the anime belts are scarred purple skin. Just crotchlock and boob-needle cups. DESU it looked weird and ugly as fuck, but it did convey the idea that Mammon's goons are BDSM freaks all the way up.
>>
>>133146356
Jadis is pretty transparent in her intent to help Allison by making her give up. Hell, basically every demiurge has been pretty transparent in their motives, even if they're wrong or hypocritical. From that perspective I understand Abbadon's exasperation, it's like when people were theorizing that Solomon was going to turn his people into paste the moment he got angry, or would fail to honor his promise.
So Jadis is actually legitimately being nice to Allison, she doesn't have some shady, insidious motive with her. The problem is that, as Jadis represents sloth, her idea of being nice is "just accept you have no responsability for anything in this universe, lay down and die comfortably instead of trying to save anything and suffering in the process".
>>
>>133147727
Man that war arc had such good art payoff, I stood up from my chair and clapped when the golden baby finally showed up to whoop ass.
>>
File: SOT126.jpg (1.7 MB, 980x1515)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>133147559
>>133147574
>>133147633
>>133147727
It's still hosted on the website, you just have to change a URL
>>
>>133147466
if she wanted allison dead she could've done it when she had her passed out, mutilated from jagganoth's attack. I'm not exactly certain on her motivations because this segment isn't over yet, but currently I believe that jadis genuinely wants to help allison, but her idea of helping is warped and twisted by her perspective of things.

>>133147777
basically what this guy said, although I still think there's potential for there to be more to her actions than just warped altruism.
>>
>>133147845
I think the censored art looks better.
>>
File: 1612909867557.jpg (167 KB, 512x812)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>133129224
The daemon is dead.
Alison's quest for his dick can now continue.
>>
>>133147727
Wait, did he edit it a second time? I don't remember the edit looking nearly that covered up. It just looks uncomfortable now.
>>
>>133147930
>Implying Zaid hasn't been having constant threesomes with Princess and Nyave during the time skip

Sorry, Allison. Four's a crowd.
>>
>>133147845
Meh, what was the point of changing it? Doesn't even have nips showing. Meanwhile White Chain (human) was strutting around with her tits out no problem.
>>
>>133147994
The difference is white chain is hot.
>>
>>133147994
Fetish gear. People can get really fucking selective with what specifically they want censored. Like how Japan is okay with cartoons of toddlers being raped but only if there's a thin black bar in the general vicinity of their genitals.
>>
>>133148039
Meh
>>
>>133147930
>>133147963
I think nyave's gay. He's probably getting it on with princess though.
>>
>>133148130
>Sorry, Allison, but I just can't get it up for women under 9 feet tall anymore
>>
>>133148192
>average lady dimitrescu fan
>>
>>133148130
>I think nyave's gay.
Isn't she the one who was eyefucking Zaid the minute she saw him?
>>
>>133148240
>Isn't she the one who was eyefucking Zaid the minute she saw him?
when was that?
>>
>>133147466
She's doing what the script tells her to
>>
>>133148240
>>133148444
Found the page:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-107/
>>
>>133148465
No shit, but her actions serve a purpose even if it's a predetermined one rather than one made under the illusion of conscious choice. So what then is she scripted to be trying to get Allison to do?
>>
>>133148495
Ehh, "eyefucking" is overselling it, but it could be something.
>>
>>133148495
That clinches it, mystery mask dude can't be Zaid. Not enough chest hair.
>>
>>133148563
What makes you think there's a purpose to her actions?
>>
>>133146333
When Jadis says that Allison is still fighting, she doesn't mean a violent struggle or an unbreakable will. The fact that Allison is depressed about how things turned out means that she still CARES. And since everything was predetermined to go the way it did, Jadis believes that nothing matters and you shouldn't care. She wants Allison to stop caring about all the death and destruction and just eat some breakfast. But Allison is literally starving to death because she refuses to get over it.
>>
>>133148609
Because why else would she be scripted to take those actions? The script is written for the character of Jadis. She was always fated to be Jadis and do Jadis things.
>>
>>133149051
How do you know her actions aren't just random and meaningless?
>>
>>133143961
>>
>>133144173
the what
>>
>>133149360
She seems too coherent to be acting truly randomly. That said, if her actions truly are supposed to be random and pointless, then I'd be deeply disappointed that it's manifested as "Nothing matters, but you have to eat all the eggs, Allison". I would hope Abbadon would be more creative than that.
>>
>>133143961
> that awful, terrible weight.

Motherfucker was playing us from the start
>>
>>133143602

What iare these spreads supposed to be? Until Abbadon explains himself here I'm assuming it's mostly depression food.
A microwaved rice with microwaved scrambled eggs and pre-cooked bacon bowl, vienna sausages, blueberries, toasted rye cocktail bread in currant jam, a thermos mug of coffee, clementines, honeydew cut in triangles, frozen pancakes, and a pot of tapatio for the bowl of rice and egg.
Your interpretation, /co/?
>>
>>133149680
>I'm assuming it's mostly depression food
You need to visit a fancy hotel with buffet breakfast. The kind with white tablecloths.
>>
>>133143616

Zaid's been trained by 10 Vigilence, showing his respect through the one-eyed mask.
>>
>>133143616
He's been blue balled by Allison for YEARS.
Finally time for him to get what he's earned.
>>
>>133144027
Zaid is someone who should have had a key.
The only argument that can be made is that this guy isn't cool enough to be Zaid.
>>
File: 1657594708446.jpg (47 KB, 504x467)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>133149484
The Album
>>
>>133147466
>>133148465
She's scripted to try to convince her to live freely, to choose being a nonentity with no responsability like herself and to stay away from a path that brings her only pain.
>>
File: killertherapy.jpg (359 KB, 1000x1172)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>
File: EsABiDIXMAAX_36.jpg (28 KB, 532x397)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>133150015
>>
>>133150821
I'm starting to hate Jadis purely because if you don't constantly reference her lack of agency when discussing her actions and motives, someone will jump in to say "ackshually, she's basically just an automaton only doing what she's fated/scripted to do" as if that fully explains her behavior.
>>
>>133150979
There are times where I feel like engaging with people's statements on the story have a detrimental impact on the enjoyment of the story. It's not even their opinion it's the fact they say shit as if they thought you were stupid and so they have to remind you of it. You come for conversation but people are just presuming you're retarded and not actually talking about anything. It's just back and forth reminders of shit we all know but all they can contribute is facts and not an opinion that we could discuss or debate.

Sometimes I'm just about to type out something then stop because I make the mistake of presuming the other person doesn't know what's going on. And sometimes I really feel like they don't; it feels like a lot of people can't remember anything. Like I'm getting tired of this whole Jadis discussion too because we're not talking about the substance of what she is doing but rather her condition, which we've had confirmed straight up.

Honestly, even now, I don't know what the fuck she's doing. I asked earlier in the thread and nobody really cared to discuss it.
>>133118100
>>
>>133118100
Allison is still suffering though, she hasn't interiorized her nihilism enough to be comfortable with doing nothing. Jadis pities her suffering, as she says it will always hurt, but it is up to Allison how much it hurts.
>>
>>133143616
>ALLISON MY DEAR, IVE COME TO CLAIM WHAT I SHOULD HAVE CLAIMED IN THAT DORM ROOM ALL THOSE YEARS AGO. NOW STOP MOPING, STOP PRETENDING YOU'RE A DYKE, AND ASSUME THE POSITION
>ALSO THE GIANT GEISHA CAN JOIN IN IF SHE PLEASES, HER TITS ARE WORTHY OF THE TRUE SUCCESSOR'S CARESSES
how would you react?
>>
>>133150919
lol
>>
File: 1445994150744.png (27 KB, 243x242)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>133151208
>>
>>133151208
Wrong, he's probably fucking nyave and/or princess.

He'd probably only be able to get it up if allison and cio merged.
>>
>>133151120
The problem is that Abbadon is playing with concepts that are very meta. Everything and everyone is moving along a predetermined fate and all agency is just an illusion. And yet everyone appears to act in accordance with their own will, which maintains the illusion. Their paths, though already set in stone and immutable, were carved in accordance with who they are.
That's a story. And Jadis, as an entity that has had the illusion torn away and sees the whole of the story, takes on a very awkward position within that story. Elder Scrolls tackles very similar concepts with CHIM and we're basically watching Abbadon trying present his own twist on it. The differences between the two approaches is worthy of its own discussion. However, the point I want to make here is that I think Abbadon isn't presenting all this too well through Jadis. Frankly, she's just not transcendent enough for effectively being the personification of the plot and I think that's the root of all this.
I think this is why Elder Scrolls wisely keeps CHIM on the lore shelf, where it can be admired from a safe distance, instead of tying it into the plot.
>>
>>133151755

What if Zaid and Princess merged
>>
>>133152038
Morrowind also benefited from the fact that players didn't have to hear Kirkbride bitching at them for having wrong opinions about how to interpret his characters.
>>
>>133152132
Neother do I, since I don't follow aadon on twitter.

I stopped following him when he was crying about fans asking him if two black characters were related. Muh racism!
>>
>>133117730
Surprise has nothing to do with it. Some people can spend all the time in the world preparing for an event and still feel emotional when the time comes to take action.
>>
>>133152038
I think it's also that he's playing with different conceptions of fatalism that don't have that much to do with each other.

There's basic hard determinism, the universe is locked by physical causality, Allison will die in X years, etc.

There's Jadis's self-fullfilling nature, where she does what she does because she's foreseen it. Which is a classic sci-fi concept but doesn't really have anything to do with the above, she is her own cause.

And then there's the whole deal with the cyclical nature of the Wheel, which up until this arc seemed to not be about the story unfolding the exact same way, but with variations that ultimately didn't matter because the characters couldn't escape their particular archetypes. It was dealing in tropes and historical forces, which don't have much to do with the above two.

It seems to be that the third one is more interesting and thematically relevant to the characters than whatever the current existential crisis is about. I assume that Abaddon's intent is for all of this to ultimately be the same problem that Allison makes peace with thanks to a Myth of Sysyphus pep talk, but so far it's all a bit disjointed.
>>
>>133152295
Well put
>>
>>133152038
I didn't play Morrowwind so it just makes it altogether that much more difficult to grasp what's going on here. I did however play Dark Souls 1-3, which just adds to being infuriated that Abby dropped that shit on us just like the second game dropped "cycles" on us in the most half-assed way. So Abby just dropping the Dark Souls 2 bit in the penultimate chapter just fucking burns my ass to no end.

>That's a story.
Yeah you bet that's a story, a setup for a great story, but it's just NOT the story that seemed to be delivered. I won't say it was not setup only that it was minimally setup in that Zoss mulled over Allison's garden variety approach to power in all the sparse pages he showed up like when he gave her the pep-talk about Mottom. Like if Zoss is experimenting with heirs he has to be more of a character and involved because you can't fucking science without meddling a bit.

If the paths are so set in stone I wanted to see more of it. I wanted to see more involvement that Zoss was guiding Allison, that meeting and dealing with the Demiurges had some point to forging Allison into some kind of weapon. At face value, without knowing this fate shit, seeing Allison bumblefuck her way through all these seemingly pivotal character development moments and not becoming "better" just makes the whole idea that it's a set-in-stone path seem completely retarded, like Zoss is a total fucking idiot or something. And when Jadis comes along and says, "Hey yeah, this was all supposed to happen" it's not just Allison who is pissed at it but the audience who then has to question why the hand of Jadis and Zoss are so minimally presented in the whole story. This is the only fucking timeline we're going to get to see here we MUST be told what makes it exceptional because right now we're just barely operating under the presumption that Zaid killed the Demiurges.

>The differences between the two approaches is worthy of its own discussion.
I'm sincerely sure.
>>
>>133145670
Wait is that the same artist as this stuff? I always wondered what that stuff is.

I really am just here because the Lancer art is cool and every time I come across their Twitter I kept seeing Mirage from the Incredible's pity party.
>>
>>133152459
I want to make a comparison to what I dislike about KSBD and Cyberpunk.

In Cyberpunk the main character V doesn't actually tell of their confidants that there's a digital copy of a personality, Johnny, in their head who's kinda pulling the strings sometimes while Johnny isn't necessarily hostile his personality is slowly overriding (i.e. killing) V's personality. And I felt like that was just the shittiest narrative decision ever. Because here's this key character in V's head and V doesn't at some nice half-way mark tell her friends Johnny is there. Like I understand you can't trust people with your severely fatal health issues but it's really not until the end of the game that all your friends know V is incredibly ill.

And I think that's what's happened here. Allison has THE king in her head and she's disclosed it to nobody. Only Incubus knows and I don't think he even grasps its significance. At some fucking point, maybe in between having sex with Cio or something she really needed to tell them what the deal was but right now the cast is still incredibly in the dark. Allison doesn't know what White Chain's mission was; White Chain doesn't know that the King of Kings was in her head or that Incubus was there as well; and straight up worst of all Cio knew nothing. Just like in Cyberpunk I felt like there needed to be some moment where the companions to the main character needed to call out the ghost in their friend's head. The ghost needed to have a more active role in the story.

I'll repeat this as an aside but I felt like Cio as a character was more of a main character. Cio was in a lot of ways an open book, we saw her express self-doubts and desires to Allison and in private and we were shown what she was thinking like when Himself revealed her thoughts to us. Shit didn't go right for Cio but she had a story, she embarked on a journey and had an arc.
>>
>>133147710
>Incubus is the boar king

That would explain some things.
>>
File: BOI149r.jpg (1.03 MB, 1000x1546)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>133152603
>Shit didn't go right for Cio
And I want to say this now that we're clearly past the point where Allison has had the opportunity to say some kind of eulogy for Cio.

Allison has clearly fucking failed to comprehend why Cio is dead. It's not only that Allison dragged her into the adventure but the fact Allison didn't fucking tell Cio that Incubus was in a ways an ally. Allison in this page, if she were better written, should be expressing deep fucking regrets about keeping Incubus a secret. Cio saw Incubus as the thing of legend, the Boar King, a Demiurge. Cio could not have known why Incubus was talking to Allison like a friend only that she had to fucking attempt to kill Incubus.

It's too late to write in the pages that Allison realizes she's why Cio is dead. If Cio knew that Allison had made a pact with Incubus Cio wouldn't have fucking attempted to shank him, she would have understood that briefly, Incubus wasn't the enemy here. I suppose it's possible to forgive the fact Allison doesn't tell anybody that she has ghosts in her head but you have to fucking make Allison explicitly acknowledge her fuck up and make her feel bad about it.
>>
>>133152603
Up through Book 3, I feel it makes sense for Allison to be cagey. She doesn't fully understand what's going on, but she also doesn't know who she can fully trust with that information. Plus she has Incubus in her ear. Her character arc up to that point is really solid in my opinion and I'd say Book 3 is the high point of the comic. But then you get the Book 4 timeskip and Allison's arc gets mussed. Honestly, everyone's character arcs get kinda mussed by the timeskip.
And now we just had another timeskip. All we can do is pray that Ninja Zaid can save us.
>>
>>133116025
Everytime I think this comic is back on the right track, or at least an entertaining track it shits the bed.
>>
The mask on Zaid seems insulting. Like why hide who he is it's obvious who it is. There's nobody else it could be. He just got finished telling us to take things at face value well you motherfucker why would you add this completely unnecessary figleaf mystery.
>>
>>133152654
what the fuck
>>
>>133152038
The problem I have with this is that it makes the story BORING as FUCK.
>>
>>133135334
>Abby admitted Cio was going to come back eventually when people started crying about it.
Lame as hell if true.
>>
>>133152672
>Incubus wasn't the enemy here
He quite literally tried to murder her 30 seconds later.
>>
>>133155566
What is y'all problem with determinism? It's possible that our universe is predetermined (depending on some quantum bs that we don't know enough about to fully understand). That literally changes nothing for people inside the system.
>>
>>133156230
well her gf did try to stab him
>>
>>133156275
Sure, it changes nothing from the perspective of those inside the deterministic system, and that's why all this determinism wank rings hollow. The characters we're seeing are shown acting like they still have agency ("this is my final plea"). There's little point in analyzing the story from the deterministic perspective, aside from wanky navel-gazing for the sake of sounding enlightened without having to have a real point.

You wanker.
>>
>>133155566
How? The story was always going to be told in a certain manner, because it's a fucking story. It is literally written in advance by an author who knows what's going to happen. Once finished the whole thing is set in stone. Self-determination is usually not a quality we associate with prewritten novels. Whether or not the universe in-story is deterministic or not the story you are reading absolutely is.
>>
>>133156518
Isn't that kind of the point Abby seems to be going for? Jadis is an antagonist, she's not supposed to be right. We just haven't gotten to the part where she gets proven wrong yet because the story has been updating at an absolutely glacial pace.
>>
>>133156622
ksbd is rather fast paced actually.

well maybe not in terms of update speed, but if you reread youll see what i mean.
>>
How TF could zaid ever kill solomon david in another cycle is what I need to know. Just how strong is heir zaid???
>>
>>133156820
yeah sd fough jagg.

maybe solomon david wasnt in that cycle or was weaker?
maybe, he knew ki rata as well?
maybe he talked SD down?
>>
>>133156745
It really is, I don’t see this aspect talked about very often. I agree with some others here, that the current sequence is missing a lot, in a effort to keep it brief? If anything, it would benefit from being expanded.

Hell, the cut from Allison’s hand to Zaid is worthy of a double take. We gobble it up because the weekly update format makes this crawl, but reading it at once is very odd.

This us where I’d say Abbadon could pull a George Lucas a few years from now, and rewrite the pacing/thoughts, with a panel or two extra.
>>
>>133156820
The Key of Kings is absolutely bullshit. If it went to an actual Hero character that does the typical training arc bullshit under the tutelage of the previous King you're gonna get busted. Instead we have Allison the fuckup get it who in the span of a few weeks encounters most of the demiurges. Her power level is shit, she hasn't done anything but speedran to the final bosses.
>>
>>133158620
Well, she did spend a year training with White Chain, for what little good it's done her.
>>
>>133158620
That's exactly the point. The comic is a deconstruction of shounen tropes. Allison has fucking OP powerlevels, she could literally punch through reality if she wanted it badly enough. That's Incubus's whole point. But instead she's Impostor Syndrome given human form.
>>
>>133156820
I think the implication is that previous cycle Zaid did the conventional JRPG hero growth. He trained for a longer time and acquired several disciplines and likely defeated/killed all the Demiurges, which Jag probably just let happen because it would make his job easier.

The throwaway line, "it's too early" from Incubus when Jag struck Rayuba is probably a reference to the fact Allison sped up the timetable, probably because Allison wasn't actually killing the Demiurges.

It's weird to think of a character killing Gog. Solomon is a conventional fight but stopping Gog seems like something that nobody could do without severe collateral damage and that's putting it lightly.
>>
>>133160090
maybe gog fled? maybe he defeated without killing by esoteric means?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.